Maybe we have been looking at WW upgrade all wrong. MUST READ

I was watching mcsportzhawk last night painfully trying to get the WW upgrade but to no avail. Then I started reading this new language they gave us and noticed from another post that the WW name changes. Maybe there are 4 different ways to upgrade it which corresponds to the name on the WW or the 4 steps.. For instance:

1. Kor-Maroth

2. Mar-Astagua

3. Nar-Ullaqua

4. Lor-Zarozzor

Not Upgraded Translated

1. Elemental-Margwa

2. Margwa-Spend

3. Id Gun-Consume

4. Survive-Transform

1) Elemental Margwa may mean kill a Margwa in a certain area or use a certain element (air, fire, earth, water) to kill one.

2) Margwa spend makes me think you need to get the WW out of the box while a Margwa is present

3) ID gun consume is a bit tricky. the only gun that consumes is the WW itself. As far as Identifying the gun, maybe we need to zap symbols in beast mode that correspond with the gun. or maybe those purple symbols that pop up on the ground have symbols that you need to consume zombies inside those purple circles that have corresponding language to the WW

4)Survive Transform has me a bit confused too. Does survive mean survive a round?? Transform must mean beast mode. Im open to suggestions.

Think about this guys. It is no mistake that they teased the fans with the language in the  new trailer. They realize that this EE is having trouble being found so they threw us a bone. I believe upgrading this gun has everything to do with the language.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This sounds good man. But we need some progress. Has there been any consistency in getting different names?

I'm usually getting Mar-Astagua.

When i played with the red circles, i got ullaqua or similar.

I'll quickly mention the thought that these names could be the actual 4 steps to upgrade.

But, on your theory:

1. Maybe with the sword(?), when a mawgra is stuck in the WW void.

2. If you're correct, that may be why most folk aren't getting it back out of the box. We need a mawgra present.

3. Lots of obvious suggestions that have probably been tried, but one needs the right WW in this theory.

4. ?

4 hours ago, Completechaos27 said:

I think the issue with what's being suggested though is "MAR" doesn't mean "MARGWA".

MARGWA means MARGWA

How can you just assume Maroth means Margwa, when they've told us Margwa means Margwa?

The same goes for "NAR, LOR, and KOR".

Your saying "NAR" means ID Gun. However Na'orruja means ID Gun.

Ah. I didn't look too closely at his translating.

I can't help but notice that the prefixes are alphabetical.

If it is the steps of the upgrade, as I've suggested, then the alphabetical could point us to the order of operations.

Kor-Maroth (first-maroth) (build AS)

Lor-Zarozzor (second- Zarozzor) (Survive- or - ing)

Mar-Astaqua (then- astagua) agua/water? Put in water? May not be water of course, but a lot of languages use a similar word. Ast appears in head and ritual. (Then -Head water, ritual water?). Edit: from the Apothicon/Keeper language thread, Astagua might mean 'Cursed'. 3:Cursed. Something to do in Beast mode?

Nar-Ullaqua (finally-ullaqua) again with the aqua on the end. (Last- consume)

Kor and lor are similar, making me think first/second.

Mar and nar are similar, making me think order of operation words, but more like then, next, finally, lastly.

Or i could have these two categories backwards... But i went with alphabetical, hoping it was a clue. But it could be reverse alphabetical.

Head explodes.

What of these words can we translate, if any?

------

Okay, exact translation: ullagua = consume. That is the only exact fit.

Kor appears in only, ones, and 'at the same time' (at one time). This suggests that Kor is a word for 1 or similar.

If alphabetical is correct, first we Maroth, last, we consume.

Mar appears as it's own symbol, but without description. Otherwise it appears only in Margwa. The symbol shows 3 dots and an X. I hate to stretch this, but it could mean 3, making Margwa (3-something, like 3 eyes). Oth appears in many words. In nouns, it is mostly creatures. So we could extrapolate: kor-Maroth= first- margwa+(elementals/flyers/box)= Build Apothicon Servant (Margwa heart, tentacle, xenomatter). This seems a believable solution. Or One (Kor): 3(Mar) creature(oth) as another way of looking at it. This then would imply that Mar is 3 or third in Mar-Astagua. This also implies that the guns start with Kor/1(first) *Lor/2(second) Mar/3 (third) and then *Nar/4(fourth), gun step or gun variant. *Best guess.

Lor (second?) Zarozzor loosely would be survivor? Surviving? Something similar to survive. Second-survive what?

Mar (3 or third)-astagua? We know Ullagua is consume, so astagua is purge? Spend? (Then- anti-consume?) Ast is in head and ritual... Headshot? (Then-Headshot). There are headshot hints on other things. Purge yourself of the gun (put in box)? So this would be step 3 to me, or Gun version 3 to the OP/TC. Edit: Cursed?

Nar-Ullagua: lastly, consume? What, where?

Kor seems like first or 1, and ullagua is consume. The rest is speculation, though Mar seems reasonable. Edit: Astagua= Cursed?

Shrug.

----

One more take, if i have Lor and Nar backwards:

1. 3 creatures (margwa-heart, pod-tentacle, flyer/meatball-xenomatter) make AS. Alternately: kill 3 types with it (parasite + elemental + zombie) or (elemental/flyer + zombie + margwa trapped in the shot).

2. Consume (egg step, feed Egg at statue). Maybe only use AS?

3. Head/purge/other? (Use sword, headshot Margwa during Ovum step). We all know there is something to that, but what? Maybe this is it. The red circle seems to recharge your sword one full time, or a few partials. This is kind of difficult to pull off solo, but not impossible. Edit: Cursed? Use beast? To locate cocoon? 

4. Survive- ing, -or? Too much to guess at this point. X rounds? Or without AS (in cocoon?)? Or at a specific location? Flag step, shadowman step, finish ee?

That's my current thoughts.

----

And Reddit: according to posts that i was reading, they consistently get (upgrade_ID_Gun_ready_0) sound when it is built. But i only get this on rare occasions. 360 issue, or something that needs to be done?

Then, they get 10 kills with it as soon as a margwa spawns in for (uidgr1). So it seems that those are the first steps.

Ready 0 seems to match Kor-Maroth: 1-3(creature/item). What i find odd is that it gives you this clue (to build it) in the name, after it is built.

This would mean Nar-ullaqua is 2-consume.

So, if these are correct, then the upgrade is right under our noses, we just need to get it done right.

Leaving 3-Cursed? And 4-Survive -or, -al, -ing?

Can we just figure this out already? :)

Edited by 83457
Extra words snook in

Lol, we are talking Apothicon language, which is a made up language. That language from my observation, is much different then Spanish.

Glitching Queen on YouTube posted a video recently, completely breaking down this language and matching symbols to everything all over the map. However I do not agree completely on some small bits of her breakdown, she did an amazing job in my opinion compiling all the information scattered about.

14 minutes ago, Completechaos27 said:

Lol, we are talking Apothicon language, which is a made up language. That language from my observation, is much different then Spanish.

Glitching Queen on YouTube posted a video recently, completely breaking down this language and matching symbols to everything all over the map. However I do not agree completely on some small bits of her breakdown, she did an amazing job in my opinion compiling all the information scattered about.

Oh sure. But whatever agua means in this language, it is mentioned in more than one step. That's the important bit.

Just to elaborate a little on what @83457 was saying. 

As far as the names of the Apothicon Servant go, well it's rather complicated. See there are more than just one single variable that determines what the outcome of the name is going to be.

Now the main factor is the District/Ritual. Depending on which Ritual you do first in your game will determine the outcome of the name. For example: 

• Kor = Footlight
  • Lor = Canals
  • Mar = Waterfront
  • Nar = Junction/Rift

Now Another factor that goes into this is the Apothicon Egg. So depending on where you place the Egg first will determine the outcome of the Name. The "Egg" follows the same rule as the District/Rituals. 

The final factor in determining the outcome of the name is where you are when you kill & then pick-up the Margwa Heart. Once again the same rule applies here, which is the same as the "Egg" & "Ritual".

Once you realize that K, L, M, & N are nothing more than Treyarchs way of saying A, B, C, & D or 1, 2, 3, & 4. You'll see that the answer was in the Opening Cinematic the whole time. Footlight, Canals, Waterfront, Junction/Rift.

Hopefully this has helped clear up some of the lesser known things about the Apothicon Servant & where it gets its name from.

TL;DR 

If you want to know how you got the name Mar-Astagua or Kor-Moroth then I have the answer you've been waiting for. It's simple, now that I've studied it as if it were an SAT. 

The answer lies within the Opening Cinematic. Kor = Footlight, Lor = Canals, Mar = Waterfront, & Nar = Junction/Rift.

I agree, now that we have 4 names and 4 meanings or instructions, we should experiment on which ones go first. I am willing to bet that the audio cues definitely signify a completed step. we should slow down the cues to try and hear what they are saying. Maybe its that simple. Ill give it a shot. I run a studio and have protools

1 hour ago, Ragdo11706 said:

Just to elaborate a little on what @83457 was saying. 

As far as the names of the Apothicon Servant go, well it's rather complicated. See there are more than just one single variable that determines what the outcome of the name is going to be.

Now the main factor is the District/Ritual. Depending on which Ritual you do first in your game will determine the outcome of the name. For example: 

• Kor = Footlight
    • Lor = Canals
    • Mar = Waterfront
    • Nar = Junction/Rift

Now Another factor that goes into this is the Apothicon Egg. So depending on where you place the Egg first will determine the outcome of the Name. The "Egg" follows the same rule as the District/Rituals. 

The final factor in determining the outcome of the name is where you are when you kill & then pick-up the Margwa Heart. Once again the same rule applies here, which is the same as the "Egg" & "Ritual".

Once you realize that K, L, M, & N are nothing more than Treyarchs way of saying A, B, C, & D or 1, 2, 3, & 4. You'll see that the answer was in the Opening Cinematic the whole time. Footlight, Canals, Waterfront, Junction/Rift.

Hopefully this has helped clear up some of the lesser known things about the Apothicon Servant & where it gets its name from.

TL;DR 

If you want to know how you got the name Mar-Astagua or Kor-Moroth then I have the answer you've been waiting for. It's simple, now that I've studied it as if it were an SAT. 

The answer lies within the Opening Cinematic. Kor = Footlight, Lor = Canals, Mar = Waterfront, & Nar = Junction/Rift.

Your saying if I

a) do Footlight ritual first

b) place my egg at Footlight first

and

c) kill and pick up a heart in Footlight

my WW name will be Kor-Maroth 100% of the time?

Here is what I think.. I have just dumped all 4 audio cues into pro tools and slowed them down and compared them to the language board we were given. I am thinking this: Maybe when you get the gun, the name of the gun corresponds with what needs to be done to get the 4 audio cues to upgrade the weapon. After closely listening to these audio cues I came up with this:

1)transform zombie/perk- this makes me think of that video when the guy threw widows wine into the abyss and a weird looking zombie came out and a ppurple circle appeared

powerup id gun- this seems pretty meat and potatoes. either it means get kills or put the WW in the pap when its ready

Robot Id Gun Robot- shoot the civil protector with WW or near him.

open robot/grapple robot. There is no way to open the robot. But I wonder if you get all three audio cues, and then go into beast mode and try to grapple the civil protector, maybe he upgardes the WW or that's just the last step.

Just some thoughts. I am pretty sure on those audio cues though

I don't feel those translations are correct. I've heard all the audio cues and understand how your breaking them down.

In regards to Robot ID Gun Robot. The audio would need to be "gwanash na'orruja gwanash". However I definitely do not hear gwanash. IMO I hear zornash na'orruja zornash. If you break down the word zornash into zor/na/sh, every word from the chart has a portion of its symbal that matches.

Now this is just speculation, but the additional part of the Apothican Language chart that was cut off, one word was ALTAR. The portion of the symbol we see is zor/na or na/sh (I don't have my notes atm). There is also a symbol on the base of the Apothicon sword holder in the rift, that would match up with the symbols that make up zor/na/sh.

I could be wrong but I believe ALTAR = zornash.

I believe the base of the sword holder would translate into...FEED ALTAR TRANSFORM (unknown symbol) (possibly egg/sword/idk).

I'm far from a language expert but a video I saw someone stated the way zornash na'orruja zornash is structured in this sentence would mean zornash would need to be a noun and a verb.

I believe its saying

Alter ID Gun Altar

or Altar ID Gun Alter

As in take the id gun to an altar to alter it.

1 hour ago, Completechaos27 said:

Your saying if I

a) do Footlight ritual first

b) place my egg at Footlight first

and

c) kill and pick up a heart in Footlight

my WW name will be Kor-Maroth 100% of the time?

Yes. Any of the above. If you place the Egg before you begin the Rituals, do the Ritual before the Egg, or simply be there and have a Margwa Spawn (in Footlight District) and collect his heart.

All of these will result in the Apothicon Servant being Kor-Maroth. I studied this for 3 weeks religiously, Back when SoE first released. 

Any of the above is not correct. Once I knew how to duplicate zombies, and figured out how to use beast modes to have PaP and sword by round 2, I've religiously ran the same path every game.

Rituals: Easy Street - Footlight - Canal - Waterfront (I do this 100% of my games.)

I have had every single WW name before. So if your saying I should always be getting Nar-Ullaqua just based on that info, that is incorrect.

edit: As I've played with my strategy I can't confirm the order I always place my egg except that Waterfront is the last place I put it in every game. Or where I kill and collect heart from margwa. As of recently though, I generally kill margwa in junction and spawns from footlight. And I have been starting my egg in canal - footlight - rift after I've collected 2nd worm from footlight.

Edited by Completechaos27
      1 hour ago, Completechaos27 said:

Any of the above is not correct. Once I knew how to duplicate zombies, and figured out how to use beast modes to have PaP and sword by round 2, I've religiously ran the same path every game.

Rituals: Easy Street - Footlight - Canal - Waterfront (I do this 100% of my games.)

I have had every single WW name before. So if your saying I should always be getting Nar-Ullaqua just based on that info, that is incorrect.

edit: As I've played with my strategy I can't confirm the order I always place my egg except that Waterfront is the last place I put it in every game. Or where I kill and collect heart from margwa. As of recently though, I generally kill margwa in junction and spawns from footlight. And I have been starting my egg in canal - footlight - rift after I've collected 2nd worm from footlight.

I agree with chaos,

I've ran the EXACT same path as well.

Mine was: I started the ritual at East Street, then completed the waterfront ritual (OBTAINED THE HEART), completed the canals and then the Burlesque.  I did this exact sequence so many times and my gun name has varied.  Also, I don't believe the egg affects the gun name.  Why don't we try building the ww without even using the egg? Then we repeat the exact same sequence with the egg.  We need more people testing in solo matches to see if we can narrow down a definitive guide to reproducing the gun name we want every single time if the conditions are met.  

1 hour ago, Pasta said:

I agree with chaos,

I've ran the EXACT same path as well.

Mine was: I started the ritual at East Street, then completed the waterfront ritual (OBTAINED THE HEART), completed the canals and then the Burlesque.  I did this exact sequence so many times and my gun name has varied.  Also, I don't believe the egg affects the gun name.  Why don't we try building the ww without even using the egg? Then we repeat the exact same sequence with the egg.  We need more people testing in solo matches to see if we can narrow down a definitive guide to reproducing the gun name we want every single time if the conditions are met.  

Yes, please do this. Try to prove me wrong. Again you guys aren't listening to me. There are so many different variables that go into what the name is. 

So let's say you did your first Ritual at Junction/Rift. Ok so now your looking at Nar-Ullaqua. Then you go to Canals & do your second Ritual. You also just so happen to kill the Margwa & collect his Heart. Well now your weapon WILL be Lor-Zarozzor.

Say you go from Neros Ritual to Jessica's & you collect this Margwa Heart. Well now your A.S. WILL be Kor-Maroth. 

Nero to Flloyds, then collect this Margwa Heart. Now your A.S. WILL be Mar-Astagua.

As for the Apothicon Egg. Don't even waste your time, I'm going to give you the answer. You just prove me wrong. Now then when it comes to the Apothicon Egg and it being the factor for the name.

Wherever you place the Egg first will determine what the name is. Here's where the Variables come in. None of the Rituals can be completed. So for instance you've opened the Sword Chamber and HAVE NOT completed a single Ritual. Wherever you placed the A.E. to begin with, will determine the name once built.

• A.E. placed in Canals to begin = Lor-Zarozzor.
      • A.E. in Footlight to begin = Kor-Maroth
      • A.E. in Rift to begin = Nar-Ullaqua
      • A.E. in Waterfront to begin = Mar-Astagua

Again it's not as simple as 1, 2, 3, & 4 because of the different variables. For every action there's an equal or opposite reaction.

I personally feel the name is randomly chosen per game. I've round flipped plenty of games to 15 and didn't even bother with doing any chores until I got the WW. I'd open stuff up, mainly just to buy perks and build the shield, and would only start doing rituals and ride the train for keeper symbols after I already had the WW and believe I've gotten all 4 names as well.

I can confirm from what I understand your saying, as debunked.

I'm in a game right now, and round skipped at the beginning to 15. I am Jackie Vincent and I did as follows.

Obtained Apothicon Egg, and placed it in Canals 1st.

Ritual order: Canals, Waterfront, Easy Street, Footlight.

My margwa kill was in the Canal district, which is where I picked up the heart. It was the first margwa to spawn, and it was from my second ritual.

From what your saying, my WW should be Lor-Zarozzor. However it is the Kor-Maroth.

I am just going to suicide at this point, and hopefully the game saves in theater as proof if requested.

@Ragdo11706 I've been reading a lot of your posts in regards to the WW upgrade, and there is a lot of good info, but I believe you are mistaken about the way to change the name of the weapon. I have also tested it extensively and could find no pattern. For the ritual, egg and heart locations to all be variables would mean that there are 64 possible ways to change the name, 16 for each weapon. 

I can also confirm that I have checked 4 recent games in theatre mode

Ritual                      Egg                  Heart.               WW name

Junction            Junction.          Junction.          Nar-ullaqua

Junction.          Junction.           Junction.          Lor-zarazzor

Junction.          Junction.           Junction.          Nar-ullaqua 

Junction.          Junction.           Junction.          Mar-astagua