• Last Reply
  • Administrators
Just now, Cunambula said:

"AST"  (Finite/whole/prime/)

"EO"   (Time)

"OTH" (Tangible thing/entity/being)

"NETH" (Drain/deplete)

just getting started...please tell me what you think

Please delete this and put it in your other post.  No double posting ;)

21 hours ago, Cunambula said:

If this is already kown i apologize , but here goes....

I have begun to translate the specific symbols contained within each "word"

glithching queen linked to a great pic. that color coded the recurring "phrases" within a "word" so if a word has "neth" in it , it was colored green and we can see that the same symbol was present in every "word" that contained the "phrase" "neth"

So the next step is to see if we can divine what "neth"  MEANS..... my thoughts....if we look at what words have "neth" in them , we see that they all are degenerative in quality(taking something away)...parasite/spend/etc.

for  "oth"  I see that they are all tangible things,Nethoth(parasite)Koroth(elemental"meatball)  Urgnoth(magic box) and oth is a suffix, so zombie(ujoth) is blank "thing"  perhaps we then guess at what uj or ujo is...maybe dead/ruined/mindless.

I hope this isnt too confusing...but if you see what I am saying I think we can learn what some "unknown" symbols/words truly mean.

Sylable color chart.jpg

I've added a few to the right that Treyarch gave us that you missed.  Awesome work @Cunambula

http://imgur.com/HO9S0qR

Screen Shot 2015-12-29 at 1.19.50 PM.png

@CunambulaI found an error in your original image.  The symbol for Envy was wrong, which you can see in the original video.  See my post here about that with a video link: https://www.reddit.com/r/CODZombies/comments/3yoj3s/more_complete_apothicon_language_image/cyf8cwr

Envy as the magician never made sense anyway.  But now it matches the Dancer, which is much more on point.

Here is the updated image:

Apothicon.jpg

awesome stuff .  Just to clarify the color coded image is NOT mine, Glitching Queen p. rovided the link and the original creator escapes me right now (something with a V) and this color coded image was groundbreaking (to me at least) so I certainly give the creator all the credit. Yourmapper, thank you for any additions/corrections.

I'm not in game right now, but I'm fairly certain that the reticle in post 3, titled 'command' surrounds certain phrases.

Iirc, this is on the beast doors, surrounding a string of Keeper language.

Since we can't read that yet, it doesn't help too much, or does it?

What numbers, symbols can we glean from between the command brackets?

It could well say 'don't open these doors until the rituals are complete'.

Regardless of what it does say, it is probably quite important since it is a command, the reticle is given (to xbone users), so we know that it is a command, and we see it at start.

Time to focus on the Keeper language, if possible.

There is a string of it at the sword niche as well, a lot is said there.

Can anyone more computer savvy post them all here? I'm old, blind, and on a phartsmone.

Also, can we get the spoken words clips (upgrade_id_gun_ready_X) imbedded here?

--++++--

Edited in: i can't find any screen shots of Keeper language. You know it has to be more important since we were teased with the Apothicon language.

----

Upgrade cues as they sound. I've listened regular and slow and i hear this:

First: Glitching Queen says the build quote says: arburgneth (feed) na'orruja (fisty the squid gun) zorarkoth (?). I haven't listened to it today, going with her read. I am starting to get an upgrade quote just from kills by pap (no margwa needed) or in canals (above pap?). 360.

-

Upgrade id gun ready 0: 

Zoroth (spend) orrothath (?).

Sounds like zoro thoro thath.

-

Ready 1: agorrortha 'a na'orruja (fisty) 

Agorrorth is clear, then it's a little muddied, so the 2 syllables in the middle before na'orruja i'm unsure of the exact spelling, but it sounds like 'a' or 'at' before na'orruja. The lone syllable could be, in English, a word like 'at' or 'to' or along those lines.

-

*Edit: on these next 2 clues, i want to say that I'm fairly certain that the actual Apothicon-spelled word for "zornash" appears as the second symbol on the base of the sword/egg holder in xbone (not on 360, or I'd post a pic). So i still don't know the exact meaning of zornash, but maybe it can be fathomed in context of the sword/egg holder sentence./end edit.

---

Ready 2: zornash, na'orruja (fisty), zornash.

Zorna... appears cut off for ALTAR. So, closest guess is altar, AS, altar.

*But may be related to sword or egg stuff (see * comment above).

By repeating zornash after (fisty), it could mean 'et cetera', like altar, fisty, altar, fisty, and on. Or fire it at/by (your character's?) Altar, fire it at/by PaP room altar. Or use it for each ritual (maybe Keeper "command" symbol tells us to keep beast door shut until this cue?).

'Gwanash' (robot) is unlikely to be 'zornash', though it is a common thought. Having words like 'zorna..' And 'zorrozor' make me extremely skeptical that gwanash would be pronounced 'zornash' as that really makes no sense linguistically. While long term, convoluted languages like English and French have accumulated lots of other language words and spellings, it is doubtful that Trolly would incorporate those kinds of linguistic oddities in a language made up for a game.

-

Ready 3: akzorror (?) zornash (altar?).

-

I know that a lot of folk want to shortcut and make these words match ones that are known, but that doesn't actually help us. So, I'm posting them as they sound, without forcing fake translations.

Summoning key:

I've said before: 6 symbols.

I forgot that the pap altar is used again.

The sixth (or one of them) image is Servant. Presumably, the other 5 represent the first 5 rituals.

So 6th is Servant, is that: the Shadow Man that you trap? You, being the servant? Or does it represent the Apothicon Servant?

Since one can get this far solo, and the AS is quite strong enough to last this far, it may well be that this must be completed this far for the upgrade.

If zornash, na'orruja, zornash is altar, fisty, altar, it could be talking of this.

It may be altar (to) servant altar. Then, the last upgrade cue is akzorror zornash, or (something) [that] Altar.

Break and shock are listed, but have no apothicon word by them.

So, anyone trying to zap or (upgraded) shield-bash that altar after the Shadowman step? Or both at the same time.

I'll try solo, but i haven't even killed shadowman yet (just haven't devoted time to it).

-----

Can anyone find 'at the same time' symbol on anything? What words are surrounding it?

Attempting Keeper translations.

Very beginning stuff:

[Edit: each Keeper symbol appears to be a phrase, not a word, so I'm not sure how useful some of this will be.]

The symbols appear similar to cuneiform. While not all are exact, many are the same. So i will take them at numerical value until the words can be translated. It is actually common in some languages to have a numerical value for each letter and/or word symbol.

Some symbols are common. Their use should be easier to figure.

Compared to cuneiform, small triangles with line are 1 [∆--], large triangles with indented end are 10 [>].

3 > could be 30. Or represent Mawgra. 3 large headeyemouths.

4 > in a + design could be 40. First thought is that it represents the Red Circle, since that large symbol is at it's center, that would be a sensible clue. Could be pap/4 rituals, could mean 'at the same time' or '4 at once'. May represent elemental.

>>∆- or 21, is the only prime number of the Sword/Tram symbols on the Sword niche Door. Though 1 and 3, at the least, show up in other spots.

The Beast door symbols seem easy compared to the jumble on the sword niche wall.

The beast door either holds a great clue to the AS upgrade, or, more likely, is a very mundane, poorly worded, description of the doors. Edit: also, on xbone, these appear on chain traps and printed on the cthulu statue itself (is that correct?), further enigmatizing the phrase.

Remember: "The power of the Trinity will set you free (or similar) + return through æther" = "link 3 teleporters to the main frame to open PaP in Der Reise, then TP dash". So we can expect clues that only make sense after we know what they mean.

So, look at the Beast door and figure out how it says: link 4 rituals, go to subway, do ritual there (or something else mundane that makes sense). Then we can make sense of more of this. (Again, these also appear on the chain traps and statue. So meaning is still a guess).

IMG_20160103_204445644_HDR.thumb.jpg.d4b

IMG_20160101_194157220.thumb.jpg.4bc1255

Top image: Red Circle. 2 > are wide ( } ), 1 is not. As if saying 'into/transform/or then. The other could be 10. 40 in center may be the circle symbol, it may represent something in game. O, 4, O, 4, 30, }, 10, 30, 30, }. Order may not be correct, especially if ( } ) means into, then, next. O could be egg, or red circle. The 3> may be Margwa.

---

Bottom: Beast Door. The phrase is repeated, presumably to allow all symbols to be seen clearly. The sideways Ws that surround it are the "Command" reticule. The 40 may represent the red circle, or PaP, or other.

[Command • 1( • 30 • 40 • 21 • 4 • } • 20) • 3 • 10( • 22 • 10 • 4 • 2) • Command] ...then repeats.

---

In relation to cuneiform (it may not be related), ∆- triangles equal 1, > triangles equal 10. That is where i got the number values. The values may have no bearing, but allows us to give a name to many symbols that can be easily shared.

------

40 symbol (4> in a + formation): in attempting translations, i wanted this to be the red circle symbol, but in context, with very little to go on, I'm thinking it represents PaP/Subway.

Because the Beast door wouldn't likely mention the Ovum step. Likely the first symbols read "Command: open/ 3 (rifts)/ Subway-PaP... Et cetera/ command".

And, the red circle would have the large 40/PaP symbol in the center saying "after PaP, then..." and then the Red circle instructions (which still look like they're telling us 2 things about the circle...and the circles react to PaP'd guns, so I feel that we are missing something here). For Ovum step and...?

IMG_20160103_025026359_HDR.thumb.jpg.c67

First half, lower section end detail.

Top right is 2 "1s" facing down, with 2 "1s" facing right. One of them is harder to see.

The ends of phrases have a 'Darth Vader tie fighter " with symbols around it as seen above. This seems to indicate the sword status at that point. See the last phrase.

Just a little find: [edit: pictures in the "zornash" thread].

I was watching a GQ video on language. She really didn't state anything new, but she did show the symbols on the bottom of the sword-holder in the egg chamber.

I noticed that the second symbol is ZORNASH, it has the right parts.

This is in the AS quotes: "zornash, na'orruja, zornash", and in the upgrade complete phrase " akzorror zornash".

She listed it as possibly being 'EGG'.

In context, egg seems believable, but i won't swear it's true.

In that case, "egg, AS, egg" is our quote. Do statues, build AS, do Ovum?

It could mean sword, cthulu statue, ovum, et cetera. Anything to do with the egg or sword really.

----

She also states that the greet quote is (feed) (this AS name) zor ark oth. I hear zorNarkoth, with a strong N (i usually agree with what she hears, but this one is off).

This again gives us that "zorna..." prefix seen in "Altar" and whatever is meant by the actual "zornash" symbol on the sword holder.

If the prefix indicates Altar in some way, and Oth at the end indicates creature/thing.

"Arbgurneth (in hand AS name) zornarkoth"

Feed AS Altar-creature-things; Keepers? Worms?

Feed it sword creatures: sword head counter?

Feed it egg things: use it for the egg upgrade?

On 12/28/2015 at 4:33 PM, Cunambula said:

Why did this double quote? Smh.

Sylable color chart.jpg

Quoting for the picture, thank you very much.

-------------------------------

In this post: Maroth. (See upper right of image).

We have this symbol, which we have heard, and it appears in the Apothicon Servant name Kor-Maroth.

In my attempts at translating, I've hypothesized that Kor (in 'ones' 'only' 'at the same time' [at one time?]) means 1 and/or first.

Mar from Margwa, may mean 3. Maroth, may mean (3creature/thing).

Then kor, lor, mar, nar may be 1,2,3,4.

The creature symbols tend to look similar to the creature represented. So i posit that Maroth may be Lil Arnie, he has 3 bright "eyes" similar to Margwa, and the tiny legs on the bottom. Also, he comes in a set of 3.

I've previously suggested that Kor-Maroth means "step 1: 3 creatures" or "use 3 creature parts to construct the AS", which is what we do.

But, with this in mind, it may read "1: Lil Arnie".

Upgrade Lil Arnie early?

----

Lor-Zarrozor: 2 survingish? Zor is in Altar and possibly a word for egg or swords. Survive the eggs/swords, or survive the altars?

----

Mar-Astagua: 3 Cursed/cursed ones.

Cursed One (player) Rituals?

Don't use any beast-symbolled items until after X?

Do something in beast mode?

Be cursed: finish the PaP to help the Apothicons?

----

Nar-Ullagua: 4 consume.

Set number of kills? 

Certain creatures/Keepers?

Specific location?

----

Anyway, the main point was that Maroth could believably mean Lil Arnie.

***Keeper language important fact***

I keep screwing this up in my attempts to translate, and i may be messing up others, so it is my responsibility to set us all straight.

--------

Some keeper symbols are phrases, not words.

This is deduced by the blurry Keeper language tease from the video.

While blurry, you can make out a small clump that is a keeper symbol, a space, then followed by 1-6(?) presumably English words. This repeats all down that screen.

So it appears that some are phrases.

The Apothicon symbols represented words, keeper symbols represent words and phrases.

Sylable color chart.jpg

Thanks again for the picture.

'In/into' shows a symbol that spells 'Arb/orr' not 'ast/orr'. Typo?

ONES: in the column it's in, with it's construction, probably is 'ONCE'. Typo? As 'Ones', or 'One's' do not make sense in context.

-----------------------------------------------

Just some stuff to help any who are trying to translate;

-

Zor and Ash are similar, both look like a '1-eyed smiley face'. Zor is taller and thicker, Ash is shorter, squished.

Ash may be 'ash', 'sh', or, if it starts a word, 'shub'.

See 'shubozzor' on right.

-

Oth. If it ends a word, it is oth, but in the middle of a word it often becomes Zs. See 'shubozzor' again.

It is SHub/OTH/ZOR.

Lorozzeth ('survive', top middle): Lor/oth/neth, again 'oth' into another consonant becomes double z.

-

Lor appears again on the right, in 'blood': lorashoth, or lorozzash? Lor/oth/ash, lor/ash/oth.

'Pod', left, looks like 'lor/arb/ash', but it is arb/ash/lor or 'arbashor'. So there is some contractions and order of construction that i don't get yet.

-

We have the WW player greet:

"Abgurneth [feed] (this name of AS) Zornarkoth (?)". While zornarkoth isn't known, the symbols above can spell it out: zor/na/ark/oth, so the symbol may be findable in game by comparing known bits. (See edit↓).

Edit: BBD, in the first post, suggests that N is placed where two vowels of syllables meet.

So it may be zor/(N)/ark/oth, just 3 symbols, which we've seen... Somewhere.

-

Zorna... For Altar cuts off. I have seen the words 'zornash' (on sword holder), zor/na/oth (zor[n]arkoth? Seen on summoning key and ritual sites. Also may be in AS player greeting), and zor/na/gwa (on cthulu statue?).

-

Ur/urg and gua seem confusing. 

'Ullagua' is consume. It looks like 'guaneth' or 'nethagua'. Edit: 2 neth facing each other is 'ulla' and tends to start the word.

Magic box is 'urgnoth' but looks like 'gua/na/oth' or 'oth/na/gua.

Sometimes 2 or 3 dots is urg, or gua. I don't get the pattern.

Spend is astanethgua, with 2 dots. Ast/neth/gua why not urg/ast/neth?

Weapon is 'anneth' and gua/urg isn't pronounced. Na(reversed)/neth. Why not urgnaneth, or nanethgua. Why the reversed na?

-

Lor (3 upward strokes) and Nar (usually 3 downward strokes, but varies) seem like opposites and may be numbers: Kor (likely means 1) Lor, Mar (may mean 3), Nar may be 1-4 as I've often stated.

-

This is just a stepping stone, no major breakthroughs.

I don't know, I just want to "BUMP" this Tread, mainly because I feel it's important to the goal in which we seek, as well as I don't want to see it get lost in the "Abyss".

____

I knew there was something I wanted to add, I forgot for a bit, then I remembered. I hadn't seen it mentioned here, but apparently on the new poster for "Der Eisendrache" there appears to be what seems like, "Apothicon Symbols".

In this case possibly a single "Symbol". I'm not sure the significance of this, other than, hopefully this theme will carry on throughout the Season, slowly we may in fact begin to uncover the Meaning of it all.

1453064206-apothicon-poster-language.png

On 1/14/2016 at 6:35 AM, Schrödinger said:

Servant shines when we do the final ritual.

Reveal hidden contents

And also lor/ark/zor here.

Reveal hidden contents

I've also noticed, before you ever pick up the "Summoning Key" Servant seems to be "Shining". If you stand far enough away from it, some of the textures disappear, with the exception of the one shining, as well as a couple others. Once you approach it, if you time it right, you'll notice the one that was "Highlighted" is in fact "Servant". 

More stolen stills. Thanks to Glitching Queen for the materiel.

-----------------

Screenshot_2016-01-19-14-13-36.png.421ce

On left, above SERVANT is the reticule symbol END.

She uses zor/na/oth to be Altar, which isn't known for sure. Zor/na/? is altar, but we've seen zornash, zornoth, zornagwa, any of which could be Altar. Also, she spelled it ALTER, which is just wrong. This 'zor/na/oth' symbol does appear on the summoning key.

------------------

Screenshot_2016-01-19-14-16-27.png.1e336

Unclear where she gets some syllables... She's done good work on a lot of this, i wish that she would post here. :)

-------------------

Screenshot_2016-01-19-14-12-30.png.006ca

Outer pap ring.

Here you go @83457. This may be useful in the OP, as well as to anyone who is interested in "Translating" the "Apothicon Language". I talk to G.Q. on a fairly normal basis, I don't believe she'll mind if I post them on here.

g2s1q.thumb.jpg.ee469b1ddc355daefd7672d8

IMG_20151231_213045.thumb.jpg.6cf421e49c

IMG_20151231_213058.thumb.jpg.e2afee2a46

IMG_20151231_213110.thumb.jpg.52a2689f62

Obviously, credit goes to G.Q. for figuring out what all the Symbols mean. All I did was send her high quality images, in which she did the work in translating them.

IMG_20151231_213045.thumb.jpg.6cf421e49c

30, 31: the '1 eyed smiley face' in this one looks to me like the (ash/sh/shub) one, not the 'zor' one.

Shub/oth/ark - shubozzark? Or shub/ark/oth - shubarkoth. Arkothash?

------

11, 12: urg, or gua, seem to be either. I've noticed this before.

-------

23 + 29: Parasite is nethoth, of the known words. So oth/neth for 29? Wasp? (Runs and hides).

*Ah! New find! 2 'neth' facing each other are 'ulla' instead. See ullagua, ullaoth. So 23 is ulla/ast/oth (ullastoth?) for ENVY/Jessica. Ullozzast? Ulla/oth/ast. *Well, it was new to me. It does appear in the very first post though, kudos to BBD for that. I will put up his pic, GQ's pic, Treyarch's 'leaked' pic (2 errors at least), and then draw comparisons.

-------

21, 22: ark/orro (orro/ark) 2 states? Like the 2 states on the magic box: Presumably 'open box' and 'closed box' with both combined as the main large symbol of the box. Look for these 2 (ark/orro) stacked or combined in some way, perhaps.

------

2 gwa, facing each other is ark.

2 neth, facing each other is ulla.

Gua and urg seem interchangeable.

Oth into other consonants is ozz.

Sh shub ash look similar to zor. Shub starts a word, sh is contracted, ash ends words. Zor can be anywhere.

Na can be an.

Contractions exist.

... Just some more pieces fitting in.

On 12/21/2015 at 2:53 PM, BlindBusDrivr said:

7sljSPW.png

ffFGnuB.png

gnhvUKB.png

On 12/29/2015 at 1:39 PM, yourmapper said:

Screen Shot 2015-12-29 at 1.19.50 PM.png

Thanks to BlindBusDrivr, Cunambula, Yourmapper, Glitching Queen, and everyone else involved in these pictures. ↑

----------------------

I'll be back with dialog. This post is an fn nightmare. One letter per minute...

Archived