Awakening Official Trailer and Der Eisendrache Breakdown

Der Eisendrache Breakdown:

Description:

"Der Eisendrache, the first chapter of Call of Duty: Black Ops III‘s Zombies DLC adventure will take players on an epic journey with the Origins characters Richtofen, Nikolai, Takeo, and Dempsey. Set in an eerie medieval castle built upon an ancient site of unspeakable horror, massive deposits of Element 115 have recently been discovered, delivering inspired new gameplay and – in Zombies tradition – a variety of exciting plot twists and surprises that fans will have the opportunity to discover for themselves."

(Had to fix errors like Origin to Origins, Nicolai to Nikolai)

This map is said to be Episode 4 of our story, but also the first chapter of our four DLC story of 2016. This is their order, going by events:

Episode 1: Origins

Episode 2: Shadows of Evil

Episode 3: The Giant

Episode 4: Der Eisendrache

Pictures:

Gondola:

Spoiler

e071f7dde2de2a308be6cbf6f5e51458.png

The Giant (Thanks @MrRoflWaffles)

Spoiler

d96343a150de8ea16eaaa92faf5db960.png

Dieselpunk Diode:

Spoiler

2a60aa35763ad8d56061f57479b347cd.png

The Giant zombie models return, its nice to see a staple design for them like the old days:

Spoiler

21ece1b307dc70e3e7437c9ee47d423a.png

Clock, Bell, Tank and Trap

Spoiler

6f766cab69f80a7b042da5a9f2393bbc.png

Iron Cross and church mural:

Spoiler

e9741342c53bfd8bca2d54557dbd6b02.png

Ritual ring:

Spoiler

87a83c7fb870d569b4a9b5f99c47d08f.png

Newly discovered 115- this room looks straight out of my dreams. Also Speed Cola and M8A7 Wall chalk:

Spoiler

e64bffed9330f06114d645ec49faf93d.png

Sneaky Blundell, flashes for a moment:

Spoiler

e9fb10c2688dda588ab935fa00fca478.png

Wunderfizz:

Spoiler

1682b075d5dc1a0c2d0c1520a1dc2794.png

Edited by Nightmare Voyager
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there any chance we will get the answers being hinted at in the trailer? I wish but get the feeling we won't get much. In a story that has time traveling, alternate dimensions, paradoxes, multiverses, aliens, ancient gods, and the possibility its all a kids game, I'd love nothing more than a couple of answers to put us back on any kind of path. 

1 minute ago, Cheesegrater28 said:

Is there any chance we will get the answers being hinted at in the trailer? I wish but get the feeling we won't get much. In a story that has time traveling, alternate dimensions, paradoxes, multiverses, aliens, ancient gods, and the possibility its all a kids game, I'd love nothing more than a couple of answers to put us back on any kind of path. 

Its not a kids game, the Origins cutscene was a prequel to all of this story. Maxis' plan is all of the stuff that happened from Origins onwards.

2 minutes ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

Its not a kids game, the Origins cutscene was a prequel to all of this story. Maxis' plan is all of the stuff that happened from Origins onwards.

We think. Really we have no evidence of much. The Origins Maxis could be the Tranzit-Buried Maxis who's plan was to blow up the Earth. And I agree its probably not a kids game, but BO2 does throw that in our face. In a story that's all over the place and anything is possible, I just want some idea given to us as to whats going on. Some answers would be nice to get us back on track. Trying to theorize when everything is so vague kind of sucks since its so hard to say what fits where and what's connected. Truth is that any theory is right at the moment. That's the downside of multiverse story lines. 

• Administrators

I do enjoy this conversation fellas, but let's try to keep it on topic ;)

This trailer is freaking awesome and I'm super pumped to see what else they have in store.  We got not only gameplay information, but story information in the video!!!  This. Is. Awesome.

• Administrators
15 minutes ago, TimelordAlex said:

I saw Apothicon stand out in the trailer - Apothicon Servant, maybe confirming we can upgrade it?

It was an alphabet with symbols and English translations.  The idea (currently, at least) is that we ,arch the WW audio cues up with these symbols and learn the next step.

16 hours ago, Lenne said:

Already? :love48:

Hell yes to new gubble gums. :3

Yeah, I was excited to hear about the new Gobblegums. Hopefully a few more prestiges are added to the game as well with each DLC. And man, words cannot describe how weird it is to hear Mark Lamia say "First on Playstation 4".

1 hour ago, TimelordAlex said:

I wish 3arc would just tweet out the first step, just to get us going

No, I think this is literally a hint. They basically did, I love the idea that they know what we want them to give us to progress EE wise.

2 hours ago, TimelordAlex said:

working towards what? fuck all... you don't get anything at the end of it, i refuse to prestige.

You don't get anything for doing achievements either apart from something virtual but people still do them.

2 hours ago, TimelordAlex said:

working towards what? fuck all... you don't get anything at the end of it, i refuse to prestige.

That's fine if you feel that way, and I understand completely. But for me personally, I like leveling up and prestiging. Sure, some people find it repetitve, but I enjoy doing so.

1 minute ago, TimelordAlex said:

unlocking an achievement does not take away all your gear though

You don't gain anything though. Prestiging just resets weapon kits and GobbleGums, which I have no problem with. Like in normal MP.