ViiZionZ    4

personally i don't mind it. i'm probably never going to use it but it's good to have. I've seen a lot of people having mixed opinions about it so im eager to hear what yall have to say about it.. 

Chopper    188

Within this particular game, they don't bother me.  The only truly game changing mega is perkaholic for co-op; everything else makes your life easier, but don't change the core gameplay.

From a high level, micro transactions are ruining gaming.  My biggest fear is that eventually people will become so used to using them, that they become a core requirement for games.  Imagine having to pay 50 cents to unlock Jugg.  And then 1$ to enable the WW to spawn.

• Like 6

PINNAZ    476

There has been a lot of uproar from some Zombies players over this, calling it an unfair advantage somehow? If you play co-op, there is no advantage as everybody's on the same team. When the last person dies everybody dies.

Is there an advantage to Solo High Round Record setters if they have multiple Perkaholics Gumballs??

You can only purchase any Perk-a-Cola 3 times from the machine. There are only 2 Perks that keep you alive; Jugger-Nog & Quick Revive.

So the only question for High Round Records is ~

• What happens if you buy Quick Revive 3 times?
  • What happens if you buy Jugger-Nog 3 times?
  • Do you still get these 2 perks if you have died 3 times & then get the Perkaholics Gumball?

If you can get Quick Revive & Jugger-Nog more than 3 times in Solo, that is a game changer & that is the only reason to whinge about Liquid Divinium micro transactions (And only if you are a High Round player who plays for records)

Other than that, there is absolutely no advantage to a player who buys L.D. micro transactions. 

(I hate these "after ship micro transactions" when they ship a game that is full of bugs & glitches, then add extra paid content without fixing the broken stuff. DLC 10 years ago was just that ~ Free Down-loadable Content. Not continue to pay for a 60% complete game.

Blame the publisher, not the studio)

@Chopper @Dahniska ?

It just another way of the publisher of getting money. If this was an ea game it would be a right mess, but I think the publishers are going in the same way of buy a £50 game and then a season pass for £35 then if you want a advantage in the game to progress to better rounds, guns or gear pay more money. 

Awards

Chopper    188

@PINNAZ

I think you have a good point about high rounds in the 'normal' community.  It is looking like perkaholic returns QR so that could in theory make a difference to people's high rounds.  Not at the WR level though.

These guys don't die per se, the game crashes.  Once a map has been out long enough that's the determining factor.  So for them, perkaholic shouldn't make a difference. 

For everyone else's solo leaderboards, definitely an issue.

I don't blame Treyarch for this either, it's definitely an Activision thing.

PINNAZ    476

@Chopper Do you know of anyone that has bought Quick Revive, or Jugg (or any other Perk 3 times), died & then got the Perkaholic Gumball and recieved those perks again? Has anybody confirmed that all perks are replaceable after 3 purchases? That is the issue (for the people that are whinging without realising it)

I understand that high round players "time out" if they play online & that's the main reason the game ends for them. But if the above Perk replacement can happen, that can be a huge unfair advantage for anybody that wants to become famous for playing Zombies (heheheh :b0207: )

If so, do you think it would be patched out?

I generally despise microtransactions, though I was happy to get my free 3 LD with the 200 cod points we were given. Beyond that, the only other thing I would consider buying is the extra slots pack because that was pretty useful in BO2. Which still frustrates me because they give you such little room for everything in this game (emblems and paintjobs and what-not) and you have to pay extra for more room.

I feel like the microtransactions wouldn't have been as bad if it was so damn expensive for everything. When I heard we were getting 200 cod points on the house, I thought we would be able to buy a few things with that, but it only resulted in being able to purchase either one supply drop or 3 LD. It's not even enough for the extra slots pack. I should not have to pay for over half of the price of the game to buy literally only a handful of things. Honestly if you pay that much for a chance of getting more perkohalic gobblegum, then you're the loser for wasting all that money on what could only improve a few games.

MegaAfroMan    117

Something I think a lot of people don't think about much when they compare modern games to how things used to be, is both the change in how much space and detail goes into games as well as the changing value of money.

A PS1 game was usually 50 brand new, but a dollar from those days would be worth around 1.50. Those games were measured kbs to mbs at most. 

Now games are on the order of gb. They are at minimum 1000 times larger. Sure it has become easier to work with that much data, but if you were to evaluate games based on data per dollar we are at an all time low. 

Now because of inflation since, a new game today should cost 75 USD brand new. They don't though. They only cost 60.

So game companies give us games hundreds to tens of thousands of times bigger for only 80 percent the cost we used to pay.

It makes a lot of sense why micro transactions DLC and especially season passes are almost mandatory.

Personally micros are okay to me as long as they are purely cosmetic or purchase in game currency at fair rates. Mass effect 3 MP had micro for the currency used to buy weapon and gear packs however the in game earning rates were fast enough that 6 matchesbon lowest difficulty let you buy the most expensive pack. So spending real money didn't really save you much time or effort.

CoD micros being purely cosmetic do not bother me. 

• Like 2

Slade    270

Microtransactions are shit.

Whether or not it's purely cosmetic doesn't matter.

Microtransactions force devs to lock stuff behind arbitrary pay-or-grind-your-ass-off walls.
And BO3's aren't purely cosmetic. More class options means you're objectively better equipped to handle any situation and thus gives you an edge over the other team. And the Zombies may not complain about your gobble gums but people on the leaderboards might.
And let's be honest, it's only a matter of time before we'll see some old favorite weapons returning from WaW / BO1 / BO2, available only in supply drops.

9 hours ago, MegaAfroMan said:

Now because of inflation since, a new game today should cost 75 USD brand new. They don't though. They only cost 60.
It makes a lot of sense why micro transactions DLC and especially season passes are almost mandatory.

Actually it doesn't. You're only looking at one side. Yes the development costs of games have significantly increased, but so has the gaming industry as a whole. Their profit margins have never been better, and triple A titles make around as much or even more as blockbuster movies nowadays.

So micro-transactions, season passes, ripped content from the main game DLC are not mandatory.
The sole reason we see them coming back in triple A titles is because people buy and support this shit.

I'm in agreement with MegaAfroMan. These kinds of microtransactions have no direct effect on me since they are for things I personally don't care about. I used to hate DLC when it came out because it was content I felt should come with the game. Why buy a game and have the developers hold back a part of it to sell for more money. WaW was the first game I ever spent extra money on and other than BC2's Vietnam DLC which was amazing, I've never spent a dime on DLC outside of CoD zombies. But I love that the DLC is there. 

I feel the same about micro transactions. I don't like the idea of developers purposely holding out or making things harder so they can make an extra buck, but there's nothing I see them offering that I really care about or will impact my play. I can recall spending around $50 on NES and Sega Gensis games, so I'm more than happy if the developers can come up with ways to make the extra buck and keep my price down. Especially since I feel like I'm not missing out on any of the extra stuff. This is also why I'm fine with there being so many people who are loud about their disapproval. For every person that spends the extra money, we need a person being outspoken about how these companies are greedy.This keeps the price down and keeps the micro transactions from having content I'd care about. A balance that works for me. 

Awards

DaveLo07    172

I'm not a fan at all. It's corporate greed and they have essentially added a form of gambling to the game. You pay money, roll the dice and see what you get. If you look at the packages, you can buy 1000 points with 100 free. This means you would be left with 100 cod points you cannot use and be more inclined to purchase again. Its marketing aimed at people with addictive personalities.

They may as well have added a roulette table. I'd be more inclined to buy cod points if I could win some money over a nomad gesture or dust camo!

I'm all for micro transactions if they're done properly. Like, a new map, or the ray gun M2, that's worth a buck to me. But something silly like exo-suit camos? Forget that. No one would ever buy and use all of them. This is why I really like the paint shop, as it lets YOU build your own camo so you never have to buy a stupid "MURICA" camo that looks like bacon. An interesting idea, would be to have a "Custom kit" which allows you to make your own armor camos. 

TimelordAlex    52

Whilst these micro transactions are for sure ATVIs idea, fixing bugs/glitches is down to 3arc - and they have been in no rush to fix zombie related issues.

On 17/12/2015 at 3:03 PM, PINNAZ said:

@Chopper Do you know of anyone that has bought Quick Revive, or Jugg (or any other Perk 3 times), died & then got the Perkaholic Gumball and recieved those perks again? Has anybody confirmed that all perks are replaceable after 3 purchases? That is the issue (for the people that are whinging without realising it)

I understand that high round players "time out" if they play online & that's the main reason the game ends for them. But if the above Perk replacement can happen, that can be a huge unfair advantage for anybody that wants to become famous for playing Zombies (heheheh :b0207: )

If so, do you think it would be patched out?

Umm, I have never heard of this so called '3 perk usage limit', as far as I'm aware that only applies to QR and only on solo, every other perk is unlimited usage?

But in answer to your question yes you get QR on solo with Perkaholic regardless of whether you have used QR 3 times or not, and it would be pretty stupid if you didn't IMO. This also applies to 'On the House', the random powerup one, or the random perk drop on The Giant.

Edited by steviewonder87

Awards

Tattoo247    118

It was many games ago, but I think my solo record for the giant was a result of getting quick revive a couple of times after the machine went away. I don't have proof but I'm 100% positive you can at least get quick revive from teleporter bottle perks, or the on the house gumball.

I would imagine perkaholic too.

On topic, I think the microtransactions are ok, because they are not going to make a huge difference in player experience. So you want to pay money to have more gumballs than me? cool.

I do think it's sort of ignorant in a business sense, there is no incentive to buy more at a time, literally no bulk deal. 200 for 3 gums, 400 for 6, 600 for 9. I mean it would have been smarter to do 600 for 12 and so on...

I'm usually into getting a few points for an edge, but this I will pass on.

Edited by Tattoo247

83457    263
On 12/17/2015 at 6:08 AM, PINNAZ said:

There has been a lot of uproar from some Zombies players over this, calling it an unfair advantage somehow? If you play co-op, there is no advantage as everybody's on the same team. When the last person dies everybody dies.

Is there an advantage to Solo High Round Record setters if they have multiple Perkaholics Gumballs??

You can only purchase any Perk-a-Cola 3 times from the machine. There are only 2 Perks that keep you alive; Jugger-Nog & Quick Revive.

So the only question for High Round Records is ~

• What happens if you buy Quick Revive 3 times?
  • What happens if you buy Jugger-Nog 3 times?
  • Do you still get these 2 perks if you have died 3 times & then get the Perkaholics Gumball?

If you can get Quick Revive & Jugger-Nog more than 3 times in Solo, that is a game changer & that is the only reason to whinge about Liquid Divinium micro transactions (And only if you are a High Round player who plays for records)

Other than that, there is absolutely no advantage to a player who buys L.D. micro transactions. 

(I hate these "after ship micro transactions" when they ship a game that is full of bugs & glitches, then add extra paid content without fixing the broken stuff. DLC 10 years ago was just that ~ Free Down-loadable Content. Not continue to pay for a 60% complete game.

Blame the publisher, not the studio)

@Chopper @Dahniska ?

Perkaholic will keep giving you these.

Only QR has the 3 buy limit, but in this game it is glitched so that it counts Perkaholic use as a 'buy' and counts towards the 3, which it shouldn't. But you can keep grabbing Perkaholic.

The other perks have no 'buy' limit.

The Civil Protector is frankly better anyway: he keeps getting you up. He'll even save your QR occasionally. He'll also let you bleed out while he is standing there occasionally.

Sometimrs he dies, and then you crawl around on your butt until you decide to quit the game, never bleeding out fully. Oh Treyderp.

83457    263

Depends. Extraneous camos is one thing. The Liquid Divinium sales cross the line.

Originally, you could do divinium runs for like 11 LD in 3 minutes. It was fun, it gave you enough LD to enjoy the crap out of the game.

Then that went away.

At that point, GG was a "failed economy", using more GG per game than you could ever earn back in that game. Even using just a couple fails the economy, because in a multi hour game, you get 2 LD max now. Use more than 2 mega and the economy has flopped.

This needs to be fixed.

But no. Instead, now we can buy LD. That's really shitty in a game that we paid for;

Free internet game: pay for better stuff. Understandable.

Barely finished, glitchy mess that we paid for:  charging for LD is a scumbag move. No nice way to say that. They are toeing a line and should have their toes cut off. No quarter.

---

Argument: yes, they are barely toeing the line, but it is happening none-the-less.

The only MGG that can potentially change the outcome is Perkaholic. Would the difference between 2 in stock and 10 in stock matter? Yes, to a skilled individual. Even if you have to spam the GGm for 5 rounds to get one, in solo, you are getting another Quick Revive/extra life (as well as all perks).

---

Douchebaggery comes in baby steps, to test the waters. Please keep the waters unfriendly to this behavior. Tell them that it is unacceptable.

That's my opinion.

Personally, I don't use anything but the regular gobble gums for solo games, and many MP games. Sword flay, Anywhere but here, the one where you become invisible, alchemical antithesis, and stock option are my go-to for ALL games. Maybe that will change with the four new ones in der eisdrache. But unlimited uses is golden. Even then, I almost never use gobble gums. Maybe 4-8 times per LONG game. 

I do agree with you though. The max LD you could earn each game should be much higher. Like, you should earn one with each rank you get as well as the two random XP amounts per game. That way you can get a few LDs per game early on, but it slows off the higher rank you are.