Stop Mocking Me0

What are the "Bad Guns" of this game?

So, after a month of playing this game, the community should have a grasp at this point of what weapons are "Good" and what weapons are "Bad". 

So, for an exercise, what are your least favorite 3 guns.  These can be from the box, the wall, anywhere, as long as it's in zombies. Don't worry about multiplayer/campaign usage. Nightmare usage can qualify as well. 

For me, my top 3 (in descending order of hatred) 

-The pharo: Honestly such a slow rate of fire compared to the VMP or man-o-war or HKV. It's so bad it can't get through 4 zombies on round 6 without them over running you on the catwalk. It's a really bad gun.

-The gorgon: Another terrible weapon for the same reason. It has an INSANELY low rate of fire for an LMG. Normally this would mean it has a descent damage right? Nope, it's damage is the same, or possibly even less then the Dingo's, or at least it seems to be for me. 

And my most hated gun: The  HVP-100.  Weird right? A sniper? Don't get me wrong, the dracon and the locus are my 100% Go-to weapons and are INSANELY powerful. However, I detest the HVP (or is it HPV?) because of it's SLOW reload and LOW ammo magazine. I just got through with a game where I went down 3 times for the same reason: I sat on the catwalk and missed one zombie's noggin with the first shot. After using another shot to kill the next pack of zombies, one's right in my face, so I no-scope it, and it DOESN'T DIE IN THE REMAINING 4 SHOTS, 1 zombie. It's ridiculous. This has happened before with the locus and dracon, but I just shot them again and no worries. The low ammo for the weapon is a KILLER and I hate it for it. 

I would put the rocket launcher up in here, but it's honestly not that bad at getting kills... So... GO X-40 whatever.... You're not complete shit!

ViiZionZ    4

Sheiva...That gun is awful. 2 shots to the head at round 4 at point blank range. there is no reason to ever buy that gun...EVER. 10 round magazine, semi-auto and fire rate is slow. sheiva is complete garbage. and i may aswell say Wunderwaffe...atleast until it gets patched. compared to the previous version its also complete garbage. It just doesn't feel like a wonder weapon anymore. i wouldn't say it's worse than the guns already mentioned but it's definitely broken.

• Like 1

Can not stand the gorgon, reminds me of the BAR from WaW but it's worse. The sniper that you mentioned sucks aswel. However, I love the bootlegger! And wish they'd bring back the Tommy gun from Mob of the dead.

Awards

TimelordAlex    52

The Shieva is the new SMR

I'm not really a fan of any sniper

Gorgon is rather bad yes

I think Pharo could be worse but its not great

The gun that says its the Wunderwaffe, but in reality its not its just a fucked up gun.

I believe you're referring to the SVG sniper? In which case yes, it does suck especially compared to the other two.

The Pharo is absolutely horrible for high round stuff but I don't mind getting it early on as it's pretty good for points. I generally dislike burst weapons in zombies though because I'm super conservative with my ammo and burst guns don't let me save it like I do with every other gun.

The Gorgon is pretty bad. Low ammo for an LMG and damage on par if not worse than the others that have like twice as much, or more, ammo than it make this weapons and early round gun only for me as well.

I actually kind of like the Shieva, for a starting room wall weapon anyway. Beyond that I wouldn't normally bother with it but I don't think it's that terrible.

The gorgon is so horrible that I feel a physical sickness when I see it pop up in the box. Just saying.

Other than that, almost everything else is tolerable, if not desirable, but tolerable doesn't make a gun bad, just not as good as it could be.

I would say Shieva but that thing does pop heads on higher rounds, its too good to be a starting room weapon in my opinion. But if you get it from the box you are unlucky. The 48 Dredge, Gorgon, maybe the XM-53 although I like it and the Pharo are bad though.

TimelordAlex    52

im not saying the snipers are bad but there just not my thing and their lack of points does me no good. I tend to roll with PaPed Dingo and occasionally the Wunderwaffe if its working ok

3 minutes ago, TimelordAlex said:

im not saying the snipers are bad but there just not my thing and their lack of points does me no good. I tend to roll with PaPed Dingo and occasionally the Wunderwaffe if its working ok

Are you playing the same game? All of the snipers are good. The Wunderwaffe does not work properly anymore at all.

83457    263

RK5, Pharo, SVG-100.

On 360, i used the Shieva to round 30+. Frankly i was amazed at the power of a $500 start room weapon. The ammo count is a bit low, but for a $500 wallbuy, it's what the mk-14 never was.

The RK5, on the other hand, is one of the most useless guns. Even pap'd it's a turd. I need fireworks/blast furnace just to level it up.

Gorgon is too slow for what it does. But i can't hate on it. Rapid Fire?

The Pharo is poop.

The svg-100 is awful. No argument there. 

I don't have the giant, but i hear only bad things about the Wunderwaffe in that map.

Overall, the guns have more power than most bo1 or bo2 guns (especially wallbuys). Feels like WaW again, which is good. Now, if i can just perfect the multiple gun glitches, it will be WaW again! :)

Hmmm, the upgraded Trip Mines are called Bouncing Betties, maybe you can drop one before reviving a player like Zombie Verrückt...

Edited by 83457

I know most people hate the Gorgon, but it's really good for camping on the giant - can easily get you to the high 30s once upgraded, if you have a good back up weapon like the Drakon for when you get overrun.

Don't treat it like an automatic - fire one shot at a time and aim for head shots only. Line it up so you can take out 2 or 3 heads with each shot.

i like to use fireworks, and I reload every time it appears.

Today I used the BRM on the catwalk. It was going great, up til round 35 (well round 36 technically). I had the annihilator, dracon with fire works, and the BRM with turned. I was doing good, until my dracon ran out of amo. The BRM simply couldn't kill fast enough, even with double tap. Once I ran out of amo in the mag, I was forced to use "Anywhere but here". 

So the BRM it appears can hold it's own until round 35. This is good to note. 

I might do this with all guns: Just survive on the catwalk with it until I die because it can't kill fast enough. It'd be a good way to tell what guns start to fall out after a certain round. 

Tattoo247    118

Shieva and Pharos are my least favorite for obvious reasons. For a rifle, the shieva doesn't seem any more powerful than our starting pistol, it's trash.

And pharos I hate just because the box likes to give it to me every 2-3 spins, and PaP would think you could dual wield, noooope.

17 minutes ago, Tattoo247 said:

Shieva and Pharos are my least favorite for obvious reasons. For a rifle, the shieva doesn't seem any more powerful than our starting pistol, it's trash.

And pharos I hate just because the box likes to give it to me every 2-3 spins, and PaP would think you could dual wield, noooope.

But when I use the Shieva it pops heads like a beast up until round 21 without PaP. Pharo should have dual wield, that would redeem the weapon.

83457    263
21 hours ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

Today I used the BRM on the catwalk. It was going great, up til round 35 (well round 36 technically). I had the annihilator, dracon with fire works, and the BRM with turned. I was doing good, until my dracon ran out of amo. The BRM simply couldn't kill fast enough, even with double tap. Once I ran out of amo in the mag, I was forced to use "Anywhere but here". 

So the BRM it appears can hold it's own until round 35. This is good to note. 

I might do this with all guns: Just survive on the catwalk with it until I die because it can't kill fast enough. It'd be a good way to tell what guns start to fall out after a certain round. 

In the long run, the Dredge keeps going after the other LMGs fall short.

dinasur21    0

Shieva is meant to be an early game gun and I think it's fine for that, i like the gun. I don't like the pharo because of the burst fire and I feel like it does low damage. I don't like svg if I miss one shot I could have a problem and there isn't much ammo in clip. Another gun I'm not found of is the weevel is feels week to me, 100 round clip when pack a punch is cool but for what I give up in power using it I'll pass. The Argus is another gun I never find myself taking from the box. 

The argus is by far my favorite shotgun, and possibly the best IMO. 

Also: OH MY GOD. Why is the Shiva so BAD? Upgraded, on round 18, it needs 3 shots to the HEAD to kill a zombie. 

Pathetic!

83457    263
On 12/19/2015 at 4:28 PM, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

The argus is by far my favorite shotgun, and possibly the best IMO. 

Also: OH MY GOD. Why is the Shiva so BAD? Upgraded, on round 18, it needs 3 shots to the HEAD to kill a zombie. 

Pathetic!

On 360, the Argus is awful.

3 hits for a flyer, from a shotgun, on round 8? Ugh.

Starting pistol kills mawgra a lot faster.

And 1.5 seconds between shots for a gun so weak, why? 

I am sorry but really? Are mine and my friends games all broken? The Shieva is a beast literally up until round 21- without Double Tap II- so how does everyone else have such a bad time with it? Like for real, it seriously slays. Just like the Olympia slayed if you got a headshot in later rounds.

83457    263
20 hours ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

I am sorry but really? Are mine and my friends games all broken? The Shieva is a beast literally up until round 21- without Double Tap II- so how does everyone else have such a bad time with it? Like for real, it seriously slays. Just like the Olympia slayed if you got a headshot in later rounds.

I'm with you man. It works great for a $500 start room weapon. I think folk are judging by what they like or don't like, not what actually sucks. 'Bad Guns' can mean different things to different people. I play with them all, to me, 'bad' means 'it doesn't do work when compared to other guns'. To another player, 'bad' may mean 'it doesn't fit my playstyle', 'i don't like the way it looks/sounds', 'i only play with gun x, or gun type x, so others are bad'.

Also, i ran with the Gorgon last night to 49. I see no issue with it. If you gather and headshot, it is beast. Slow fire rate, but strong. Later, it doesn't matter what gun that you have as you fire into the crowd for alternate ammo effects. The more ammo, the better, and gorgon has a fat sack.

I'm thinking that the Argus issues i was having (besides the low rate of fire) were due to the terrible hit detection/synchronicity of the Mawgra and flyers (360). The zombies are well-synched, but not the flyers and mawgra.

I'm not fond of the slow, bulky, svg, but rk5 and pharo are really the only ones that don't do work (360). The BRM and Dingo get surprisingly weak in the long game, where gorgon and dredge keep going.

Oh, I've been playing around with the XM-53 (launcher) and i see no value in this. Hopefully it has some easter egg or reason to be in the game. Explosives don't make much points, it doesn't stay strong at all, even PaP'd, so this would be my replacement bad gun.

Rk5, pharo, xm-53 get my updated vote.

(I understand that the Wunderwaffe is crap, but i don't have the Giant, so won't opine on what i haven't tried).

Edited by 83457

Thing is, like many weapons, the shiva is also gotten out of the box, so it's not just a starter weapon. 

Explosives have almost never had a real important role in zombies unless you have PHD. 

The gorgon isn't a good weapon. It's REALLY slow firing, REALLY heavy, reload is slow, and it's fire power is not worth it either. Maybe it's my bias because I'm used to LMGs kicking ass, but a bad LMG to me. 

The BRM and the Dingo are fine weapons, but they do tend to lean off I agree. On solo, camping on the catwalk, I've found that 35 is the cut off for the BRM equipped with turned. 

I actually used the wonderwaffe the other day and got to round 34 with it before my freind quit. Works good as long as you NEVER use it close range. 

• Like 1