Strange Sound

Edit: the Lion heads on the GGm occasionally yawn, complete with animation. This is what i heard.

Maybe someone can point this out, maybe it's obvious.

Several times while playing, I've heard this sound, like a yawn played through an electronic filter. Maybe 2 seconds long. I hear it at different times and different parts of the map.

The last time, i was at Waterfront, in the first area from junction. I was between the box location (no box) and an empty GG machine. I had 83 kills, no WW. It sounded roughly like it came from the GG side of me, so it could be the GG, the cthulu statue upstairs, or something else. 

I tend to hear it near one or the other or both. GG and BL.

Did the box/GG machine get bored? Did i run around too much and bore the shadowman?

Anyone understand this sound? I don't hear it often, but it could be just GG or ?Box ambiance.

Edited by 83457
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, 83457 said:

I'm thinking that is what it is. I did not hear it last night. I must not have been near it at the right times.

This is exactly what you heard almost like a Yawn-Roar. I'm curious though if this may be indicative of something. Especially since the "Empty Machines" tend to do this as well.

37 minutes ago, Ragdo11706 said:

This is exactly what you heard almost like a Yawn-Roar. I'm curious though if this may be indicative of something. Especially since the "Empty Machines" tend to do this as well.

Once you said roar, I was convinced as it sounds vaguely like a lion yawn and the machines have the Old Tyme lion's heads.

7 hours ago, Ragdo11706 said:

Yea if you manage to get lucky & actually "Catch" one of the Lions Heads. You can see his mouth open & close as if he were yawning.

I doubt it, I'm on 360. It's minimal in the graphics. Ha.

But thanks for the mind visual, i might never have known.