Sign in to follow this  

Something Nice

83457    263

The game is a mess, yes. But there are some positives so:

--------

Map layout is great. (I only have SoE). The stuff you get is quick enough, even in solo, unlike the hours of busywork in origins solo. It allows you to play for hours, or just open a couple areas and train to 30+ without pap and swords chewing up your time. Also, many edges in the map are rounded, so you don't get caught on every box you run past, there are a few bad spots, but mostly a huge improvement over past itinerations.

Knifing: omg, how i have waited for Treyarch to fix the glitchy knifing and they finally did. Thank you! It actually stabs the zombie that you aim at 99% of the time! And the hits count! One of the reasons that i rarely play bo1 zombies.

Useful wallbuys (and, one day they might actually fix the attachments glitch, then attachments would be cool). Another reason i never play bo1 zombies: terrible wallbuys, with not nearly enough ammo, and the exact same failed set up on every single map. Yes, 2 maps actually had a useful wallbuy in the mp40, but holy crap did trollarch fail on wallbuys in bo1 (also, TranZit, in bo2: how was there no wallbuy in Town?). I can take the Sheiva, start room gun, to 30 easily (and there are much better guns than that). Even the start pistol is stronger than ever. Thank you!

Zombie Cloning: this is, frankly, such an excellent feature that really stops the early game malaise. I can't fathom Trollarch doing this great of a job on game balance, yet here it is. It's amazing and inspiring that they actually thought of this. I am surprised. I really didn't think they had the brains to come up with something so smart.

GobbleGum needed some more thought, it has some functionality issues, but is a nice added feature. It's fun.

Repap makes guns stronger: good idea, rather than just giving attachments. Infinite (?) Damage with blast furnace/fireworks is excellent, so you don't have only the ww as a late game killer.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but knifing sucks. I spent so long knifing a zombie at a window and not hitting it at all, only to get the kill when I knifed away from it. I hate the lunging, it should not be a lunge each time because its basically death if you try to knife a zombie in a group.

Also I don't know what zombie cloning is either lol

Tac    462
30 minutes ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

Sorry to burst your bubble, but knifing sucks. I spent so long knifing a zombie at a window and not hitting it at all, only to get the kill when I knifed away from it. I hate the lunging, it should not be a lunge each time because its basically death if you try to knife a zombie in a group.

Also I don't know what zombie cloning is either lol

I believe that if you zap zombies with the Curse, it doubles them.  Allows you to spawn upwards of sixty zombies on round one.

83457    263

At NV,

Yes, stabbing window zombies sucks again. You got me there.

Overall, it works well in the open, the bk recovery is much better than ever, though lunges are still sometimes dangerous. But the back-up-and-stab stops that usually.

Tbh, i wonder if this is Trollarch's best only because it was ported (360) by someonee other than Trollarch. Maybe the 360 version is made better. It is a glitchy mess, but less so than previous Trollarch cods.

And yes, the left trigger of the beast clones zombies if they respawn after being zapped. Does nobody zap zombies? It took a month for this to be public knowledge after i posted about it, yet it happens constantly, so i can't understand how folk didn't know about zombie cloning. Weird. Maybe I'm just a sadistic zombie zapper... They definitely need some abuse, if you ask me. 

On 12/12/2015 at 3:57 PM, Tac said:

I believe that if you zap zombies with the Curse, it doubles them.  Allows you to spawn upwards of sixty zombies on round one.

Are you talking about zapping them while in beast mode? I've never heard of zombie cloning before?

83457    263
7 hours ago, Kill_All_Monkeys said:

Are you talking about zapping them while in beast mode? I've never heard of zombie cloning before?

Yes.

Go into beast mode, zap zombies, run away so they respawn (and/or run away when you return human). Try not to be near them when beast ends, not have them to close to where you return to human.

If done correctly, they respawn as 2. It makes the early game so much nicer.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, 83457 said:

Yes.

Go into beast mode, zap zombies, run away so they respawn (and/or run away when you return human). Try not to be near them when beast ends, not have them to close to where you return to human.

If done correctly, they respawn as 2. It makes the early game so much nicer.

Mind = Blown

• Like 1