WARNING Potential glitch ahead: Stopping the Margwa

Here is a video explaining the process:

Video from GamerTutorials: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBMXwOIB0Url2gsysQEsjBw

I haven't seen a thread on this yet, and I figured it was something everyone here could be interested in, Basically, complete all the rituals but don't enter (or even bother opening) the rift until you build the wonder weapon. Once you build it, don't switch weapons, just hold onto the wonder weapon, go into the rift, open and activate PaP, and the shadowman will spawn. Once he spawns, he won't go away, and no Margwas will spawn from this point in the game forward. This most likely a glitch, so keep that in mind, I just wanted to bring it forward.

What do you guys think? Fair to use?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's a glitch tbh, but I do think it's too specific for it to not be significant in some way. There must be some reason why Treyarch decided to add a check for the WW in particular during that part of the game, and it's obviously had an effect on the Shadowman/Margwa's functions too, so while I think it's a fuck up on Treyarch's part, I do think it's one of our best leads at this moment in time in regards to upgrading the WW.

And personally I think this 'bug' is fair game to use, it's not like an out of map glitch spot where you take any element of challenge/fun out of the game; you're not really doing anything you're not 'supposed' to do at any point within the 'rules' of the game. As far as I'm concerned, if Treyarch decide to leave these weird, obscure 'are they/aren't they' glitches in the map, then it's on them to patch it and confirm whether or not it's actually intended. On a related note, if the PAP WW glitch still worked and hadn't been patched (obviously a glitch) is there actually anyone out there who wouldn't do it out of some sense of 'fair play'? I know I'd be upgrading it every game whether I knew it was unintended or not, and you all would be too lol.

Edited by steviewonder87

This was discovered by a French dude on day 1.  They had watched Dims and Scottie's 100+ streams and worked out why Dims had Margwas, and Scottie didn't.

There are no characters quotes after doing this.  So it might affect the long term solo WW upgrade.  With no WW it's crazy to not do this.

Every high round run is using this.  It's game breaking enough that I think Treyarch have allowed it to stay (whether by design or accident) to help high round players have fun.

Zombies doesn't seem to be about fun anymore in my opinion.  People want to be first and famous.  People posting their videos everywhere, not sharing information.  It fucking disgusts me.  Even some of our users on here have become like that.  It's what you can call forgetting your roots.

I legally own the game plus season pass on both PC and Xbox One.  You know what I play more than 50% of the time?  A crack pre-patch PC version as it's the most fun.  No disconnects, no Margwas and an upgraded sword and WW makes it's as fun as Die Rise China room pre patch was.

Go into the waterfront and keep the door to junction shut ala 5and5....it's fucking awesome.  Round 100 in under 5 hours, full concentration required at all times - that's zombies.

Obsessing about cocoons and audio cues is so not for me.  I appreciate that Treyarch have all this amazing stuff out there for the people who want to find it - I might take more part in the search if it wasn't so toxic.

@steviewonder87 I feel like I take the parameters of this game too seriously some times but I can honestly say that I have never packed the WW. As soon as I knew that the only way to pack it was a glitch, I was sure there was a different way to upgrade so had no interest in the illegitimate version.

@Chopper I think it's a shame this exploit has been found, the Margwa function well in the sense that they provide a challenge the panzers didn't with the WW being ineffective on them. Unfortunately, fun becomes secondary when competing for high rounds so I find that argument a little flawed. Anyone who plays non competitively offline should be able to play the game any way they wish, but to compete for leaderboards it doesn't matter if it is widely accepted or not and is probably a major factor in the lack of interest/respect for such leaderboard sites. 

2 hours ago, Chopper said:

With no WW it's crazy to not do this

The WW has no effect on Margwas, not spawning them in is irrelevant surely?

You can take out Margwas instantly with pop shocks so there not a huge deal. I'm still annoyed we cant yet PaP the WW, it does not need some complicated ass step, it should be PaPable from the get go like all other WWs have been. As chopper said, the fun is lost, where stupid EE steps are required for anything to be done this is why i play the giant much more than SoE.

24 minutes ago, TimelordAlex said:

You can take out Margwas instantly with pop shocks so there not a huge deal. I'm still annoyed we cant yet PaP the WW, it does not need some complicated ass step, it should be PaPable from the get go like all other WWs have been. As chopper said, the fun is lost, where stupid EE steps are required for anything to be done this is why i play the giant much more than SoE.

But it is a complicated step, it says so in the files and they obviously took out the ability to just PaP it for a reason...

5 hours ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

But it is a complicated step, it says so in the files and they obviously took out the ability to just PaP it for a reason...

But they didnt need to make a step for it, theres enough unnecessary things to do as is, they should've just left that alone and let us PaP the gun as any other so we can then just play for fun and high rounds, but no we have to waste even more time with EE steps just to upgrade a gun - which we will all do, as much like the staffs, the weapons are not really helpful till upgraded.

Edited by TimelordAlex
2 minutes ago, TimelordAlex said:

But they didnt need to to make a step for it, theres enough unnecessary things to do as is, they should've just left that alone and let us PaP the gun as any other so we can then just play for fun and high rounds, but no we have to waste even more time with EE steps just to upgrade a gun - which we will all do, as much like the staffs, the weapons are not really helpful till upgraded.

That I can totally agree with, I miss when Pack-a-Punch was just Pack-a-Punch.

@DaveLo07 The thing is Dave, I just don't believe the Margwa's actually provide a challenge.  They provide a nuisance, a rinse and repeat thing that you have to do every other round, leaving the spot you have been running in.

It's as simple as into the rift, get a hoard and kill the Margwa.  The absolute worse thing about them is that by far the easiest way to kill them is with a ray gun.  Just like the panzer requiring the Boomhilda, the Margwa's require a Ray Gun for them to be easy to kill.  Which means wasting a perk slot for Mule Kick, or not being able to have a PAPed insta kill gun too.  Or, spend a long arse time shooting them with a normal gun.  It's not challenging to me, just irritating.

I believe that ZL and ZR aren't accepting the Margwa glitch as legit.  The thing is, WR's mean nothing until at least 6 months after the map comes out anyway.  These guys are playing for their live viewers and YT views, and right now no-one really cares about this issue.  People just want a place where they can go and chat to their friends, and have that place be there for a week or so.

Once the map has been completely sussed out, people will care more for legit records.  Being completely frank, Treyarch have such laughable leaderboards that a pub napkin probably deserves more respect.  The best example of this was patching the liquid gun in Die Rise and then leaving scores on the board that couldn't be reached again, ala Steve and Mato.

When I mentioned high round players having fun I was talking about myself and people like me; we aren't streamers or YouTubers, but we still want to go to about 100.  Once you are in a game for more than a day, I don't see any fun factor at all.  Maybe insta kill rounds are a one time goal....I don't know.  Insta would definitely be fun.

@TimelordAlex The thing is I don't mind some ridiculous steps being required for something massively OP, such as the PAPed WW.  However, there should be a way for players to be able to do this only once, but have it available much easier in future games.  Those future games should be offline, and not able to get onto the 'official' leaderboards but they would make the game more fun again.  If it's going to require a 2 hour EE epic just to PAP the WW, SOE is going to have no long term playtime future.  Once more DLCs drop, people are just not going to bother to keep trying again when it takes so long to do anything.

And if all DLCs are the same then I'll be waiting for my friends to all get it on PC for the future mod kits, and assume that by then there will a way to play a cracked version online.

1 hour ago, Chopper said:

The thing is I don't mind some ridiculous steps being required for something massively OP, such as the PAPed WW.  However, there should be a way for players to be able to do this only once, but have it available much easier in future games.  Those future games should be offline, and not able to get onto the 'official' leaderboards but they would make the game more fun again.  If it's going to require a 2 hour EE epic just to PAP the WW, SOE is going to have no long term playtime future.  Once more DLCs drop, people are just not going to bother to keep trying again when it takes so long to do anything.

And if all DLCs are the same then I'll be waiting for my friends to all get it on PC for the future mod kits, and assume that by then there will a way to play a cracked version online.

I agree at the one time only thing, in my opinion if everyone in the match has the achievement for doing all rituals, then PaP is already unlocked and you dont have to do them every game (they're not hard to do, no, just annoying and tedious to do each game). This was my slight gripe with Exo Zombies Descent, if you played it, you HAVE to do the Oz boss rounds EVERY game and this kinda ruined a lovely map. If the game checked to see if everyone had the achievement, you should not be forced to do it every game. I agree with you on Margwas too, they're not actually hard to kill, they just come to fuck you over in the area you're in, forcing you to leave, and the btw a PaPed Haymaker works like a dream on them more than the ray gun, on my 50 solo run i was running that and the WW - back when it was PaPable. I really hope the DLC maps are more survival based with the EE only as a sidequest and not a requirement, as i cannot see myself playing SoE for some time, friends arent on all the time, and randoms arent smart enough to work out the map.

14 minutes ago, mmm chocolate said:

please explain.

The pop shock gobble gum, if you knife a margwa with that active, after a few seconds all the margwa heads electrocute and he dies instantly. I find this to be used with zombies rather ineffective so i stock them up, get them in the high rounds for SoE and the margwas are easy as you can get them as soon as they spawn in, not sure whether its a glitch or intentional but i'll be pissed if they patch this as well, there is more game breaking stuff to fix.

Edited by TimelordAlex
7 minutes ago, TimelordAlex said:

The pop shock gobble gum, if you knife a margwa with that active, after a few seconds all the margwa heads electrocute and he dies instantly. I find this to be used with zombies rather ineffective so i stock them up, get them in the high rounds for SoE and the margwas are easy as you can get them as soon as they spawn in, not sure whether its a glitch or intentional but i'll be pissed if they patch this as well, there is more game breaking stuff to fix.

cool thanks. i had a feeling thats what you meant.

Honestly they should've just had a Custom Mode where it's set like Classic Zombies. Have the Apothicon Servant in the box and PaP'able, make it so the gate worms are already at each alter so you don't have to do rituals, etc. I think it would keep both camps happy.

Has anyone managed to do the egg after the glitch? I'm curious and think it would be funny if Shadowman was still there during the kill Shadowman step, so you have both versions next to each other practically.

Just FYI,  you can start your sword before you get the WW if you do this. 

I just don't do the rituals, grab the egg and fill the statue in the rift, get all the statues done, then go for the sword. 

As for this, it's 100% a glitch. But this is the type of glitch I like. This is much closer to keeping out the turbine to run and knife faster, than it is to game breaking. The Margwa spawn way too frequently, and in way too high of a number. In solo, I don't do this, 1 margwa is not a big deal at all. When you have three margwa spawn on 1 player though, that's a big deal. 

4 hours ago, Rissole25 said:

Honestly they should've just had a Custom Mode where it's set like Classic Zombies. Have the Apothicon Servant in the box and PaP'able, make it so the gate worms are already at each alter so you don't have to do rituals, etc. I think it would keep both camps happy.

I support this, if they made additional survival maps out of SoE, they could've been setup like what you stated. Really hope in DLC 1, the map has survival maps within, and SoE is updated to include survival maps too, it wouldnt be too difficult for them to do.

7 hours ago, TimelordAlex said:

I support this, if they made additional survival maps out of SoE, they could've been setup like what you stated. Really hope in DLC 1, the map has survival maps within, and SoE is updated to include survival maps too, it wouldnt be too difficult for them to do.

See that's something TranZit has over Shadows of Evil. It at least had Survival maps. There are so many options for it as well.

Easy Street/Junction/Underground could be the main one ala Town.
You could easily make each section it's own one so that's 3 more (these would be akin to Farm). Or if you wanted, have Underground available via the Rift.
And than of course, just the Underground. Could be similar to Bus Depot.

As much as I love this game it just annoys me at how backwards they are.

4 hours ago, Chopper said:

Its very brave to state 100%. It's very specific to perform and hasn't been patched for a month.

Go play a game of Call OF The Dead, and sit on the stairs beside the AK47u. It hasn't been patched in years, doesn't mean it's not a glitch. 

It's also very specific to get a zombie and knife lunge your way up on top of the train cars by mule kick on COTD. 

So no not bravery at all, it's a glitch.

47 minutes ago, Rissole25 said:

See that's something TranZit has over Shadows of Evil. It at least had Survival maps. There are so many options for it as well.

Easy Street/Junction/Underground could be the main one ala Town.
You could easily make each section it's own one so that's 3 more (these would be akin to Farm). Or if you wanted, have Underground available via the Rift.
And than of course, just the Underground. Could be similar to Bus Depot.

As much as I love this game it just annoys me at how backwards they are.

well the tranzit cut off maps, i detest as they were literally cut and paste. I liked Cell block and borough as they had a degree of customization to them like the addition of PHD and removal of jugg on Cell block. But yeah for SoE you could have

Map 1: Easy street/Junction, stairs to rift

Map 2: waterfront district, teleport access to rift etc 

This really would take no time at all, they'd be just deleting parts of the map, adding a few things in, different perks, putting WW in box, allowing PaP from start, then saving as 'Canal District'.

I'm gonna come out and say that this is a glitch guys, its definitely not in the game intentionally. It might be related to some Easter Egg or secret that we simply haven't found yet, and is a byproduct, but a lack of Margwa spawns can't be part of Treyarchs mentality. That being said, I currently have game paused, and taking advantage of this helps immensely. I agree with @Chopper the Margwa are not skill based, they are just a nuisance on this map, that just take up extra time, and removing them doesn't feel like cheating, not to me anyway.