ViolentVoltage

Zombies is rigged

I don't think that's a surprise to anyone but seriously I swear somewhere in it's programming it detects the best player (usually me in public lobbies) and automatically has every zombie focus on me! When I start to get even a little confident about myself BOOM you're down! 

*cue rage quit* 

Edited by ViolentVoltage

Hells Warrrior    564

I don't think such coding exists, I've seen myself in lobbies with far better players than me, being left alone. However, I have noticed with BOIII that zombies do tend to run past me without even hitting me and going for the player that is white.

Not sure why it is, happened in BOII as well, not so sure about BO.

Well, technically speaking, the game mode is designed to kill you somehow at some point. But I'm pretty sure that is just a result of zombies maybe only focusing on the host of the match if the connections drops low on the other players thinking they're not in the match for a few seconds. When you get in the full swing of things in a match of zombies there is a lot going on, and the game probably just cant always keep track of everything perfectly that's going on.

I don't really know if you're serious or not... But I feel like the zombies are fairly equally attracted to each of the players, if not attracted in player order like it has been in previous games (white, blue, green, yellow, whatever).

I think Monkeys is right, it might have something to do with host connection, which would actually be a great game mechanic, if the zombies were to stop chasing a player who is experiencing lag and connection interruptions.

• Like 1

GRILL    258

On previous iterations, I believe it was that whoever had the character with their score in white (vs. green, yellow, blue) attracted more zombies. Completely forgot about it until I saw this post, perhaps could be something to do with it?

edit: could have been the opposite, like they ignore white. Not sure. I believe @DeathBringerZen told me this...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GRILL said:

On previous iterations, I believe it was that whoever had the character with their score in white (vs. green, yellow, blue) attracted more zombies. Completely forgot about it until I saw this post, perhaps could be something to do with it?

edit: could have been the opposite, like they ignore white. Not sure. I believe @DeathBringerZen told me this...

Yep, white always attracts the most zombies. Their character is programmed with a stronger magnetic pull with green having the least attraction.

• Like 1

Chopper    188

The power of green and white was essential to a lot of BO1 challenges.

First rooms especially.

InfestLithium    496

Actually, people that have observed the file dumps showed the code pushing zombies to "the least hunted" (meaning the one with less kills). In the old days of Zombies, the color of the player indicated who went for who but it looks like they changed that now.

83457    263

On 360, whomever runs the junction gets the bulk of zombies.

Fortunately, i love running the junction. Chang's all day.

If someone also runs the Subway, zombies pile up in the steps, which is annoying or exploit-worthy. I sometimes keep that door closed to prevent it.

Cunambula    22

Seeing as there is a new gobblegum that attracts the zombies to you, it is definetely plausible that this attraction mechanic is present even under "nomal" conditions. But more interestingly , do they use this mechanic to "even out" a game?  or somehow used in another form? or purpose? EE?

This is what I'm talking about. The new zombies code is really cheep to players and makes it so getting grazed by trains is LETHAL with jug. I'm all for a harder zombies experience, but I want a CHALLENGE, not cheep deaths galore. This isn't Darksouls.