Black Ops III DLC 1

Kinda surprised that DLC1 has been announced when the game is only 1 month old. But thinking about it makes sense. Play Station had conference & this announcement is just pure Christmas marketing from Activision. Buy BO3 for Christmas & while your at it, why don't you buy the season pass that also includes all of these maps. 

Theres no point marketing something at the start of January, just after Christmas has passed. 

(Its going to be 3 months till this is available on Xbox!!!)

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the fact that they've revealed it now might suggest that it will not only be coming early 2016, but early January too, perhaps January 7th (PS content comes on Thursdays I believe) and if thats correct, it would arrive on Xbone/PC on February 9th (i'd love the 2nd so i could play it on my birthday but oh well). We might even get a trailer for it in a few weeks. I'd be genuinely surprised if last gen get any DLC, that fact that they have been denied Nuketown and The giant makes me think so.

2 hours ago, TimelordAlex said:

I think the fact that they've revealed it now might suggest that it will not only be coming early 2016, but early January too, perhaps January 7th (PS content comes on Thursdays I believe) and if thats correct, it would arrive on Xbone/PC on February 9th (i'd love the 2nd so i could play it on my birthday but oh well). We might even get a trailer for it in a few weeks. I'd be genuinely surprised if last gen get any DLC, that fact that they have been denied Nuketown and The giant makes me think so.

Playstation content always drops on Tuesdays, and my guess is that they'll release this on the 19th. Vonderhaar tweeted out that it was a very very early reveal so I think it will come out later January like usual. And I highly doubt this will see the light of day on last gen, I would also be very surprised if they did.

The zombie map looks amazing, if anything it's for its atmosphere alone because that just looks like it's going to be classic zombies all the way. The new MP maps looks good, Hijack coming back though I don't know how I feel about because I played it so much in BO2. Most everyone else I talked to seems pleased by this though so I guess I can with it. Gauntlet looks interesting, I seems like it's a Freerun thing but I doubt that since that mode feels fairly complete on its own and I don't get the point of adding environments like that to it since all the other maps have been on giant floating black blocks, much less there being any demand for it at all. I'm guessing it's a new MP map that is trying out something new.

Overall I would say this looks good so far, but I can already tell I will be playing this new zombies map until my bleed and then some. I'm sure everything else would be fun.

I'm sure PS content came out on Thursdays no? I'm not gonna judge the map based of 1 small blurry image. I'm not against Hijacked necessarily, i've had good games on there, but the fact that its taking up an ordinary map spot and its so small, feels kinda cheap to me - and i'd personally see some other BO1 maps be re-made and not Summit, Nuketown or Firing Range. In fact i'd be happy with the maps coming back as they are but looking better and they have the simulation idea that was used for the WW2 castle map

For the past several years everything has dropped on the PSN store on Tuesdays around 4pm EST, with the exception of most game releases of course. In previous cod games DLC always dropped on Tuesday. Even though the game launched on a Friday I see no reason for them to release the new DLC on a Friday as well. Plus I have always kind of assumed DLC digital distribution for PS content has been up to Sony who's always done the same thing. It's not impossible I guess but I find it to be rather unlikely.

To those disappointed that there's only one zombies map in this pack: 1. Not sure why you expected otherwise. 2. All hope is not lost. On the Message of the Day in BO3, where it advertises the season pass, it says "Get 4 Epic Map Packs AND New Zombies Maps". The use of the word "and" implies that these supposed maps are separate from the map packs. Now, this is probably just to make clear that the SP includes the Giant in addition to the map packs, so I still wouldn't get my hopes up, but there is a possibility that remade/extra zombies maps may be released separately.

Also, does anyone know if Activision has any contract with Microsoft regarding DLC exclusivity? I ask because I'm a PC player who's wondering if the pack will be released on PS4 in January, Xbone in February, and PC in March, or if it'll be PS4 in January and both Xbone and PC at the same time in February.

I think we'll get one zombie map in the first 3, and then like Rezurection get 4 for the final one. My guess is it will include a remake or two, the "main" map, and another one-off (maybe finishing the N4's story?) or something besides a map for zombies. I too find it hard to believe with the hype they built for zombies this time around that we won't even get at least as many maps as BO1 had. Hell I'll even just take 2 maps in the final one, as long as we get more than one in at least one of the DLCs.

22 minutes ago, Zelkova said:

Wasn't that same cross the cross for the Knight's Templar too?? Just asking...

They just used a cross because they were Christian. The Iron Cross specifically relates to Germany and stuff.