ZiDyLaNiz

Should I worry about going down?

ZiDyLaNiz    1

I don't know about anyone else, but for me, I tried really hard to keep my kill/down ratio up in BO2 (Mine was around 300). It was my way of proving I was "good" at zombies. I noticed that in BO3 downs are completely removed from the leaderboards except the stat on highest round. Are downs not kept track of anywhere? Or is there some hidden system I should be worried about? Can I finally play a few rounds just for fun and not worry about the amount of downs I have? I will still more than likely care about the amount of downs I have when I go for a high round though, since it looks good on leaderboards.

Awards

The XP progression system doesn't care about downs. But pro tip: Don't buy QR in solo. On high rounds going down means death basically especially with the new system. It ends up being much more fruitful to have 4 usefull perks. 

1 hour ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

The XP progression system doesn't care about downs. But pro tip: Don't buy QR in solo. On high rounds going down means death basically especially with the new system. It ends up being much more fruitful to have 4 usefull perks. 

I can't help noticing that is an amazing idea. Thats gonna help me in the long run hugely, thank you dude.

PINNAZ    476

K/D ratio & the ranking system are completely seperate for BO3. It is only a Statistic now & goes towards a map average & overall average. 

If you go the Barracks (press start button from menu) you can see your average rounds & average downs for each map & also overall rounds & downs averages. 

The effect of equipping Quick Revive as a Perk will only effect stats if you buy it 3 times, your stats will be - 4 Downs, 3 Revives & more than likely get you to higher rounds which will make your average rounds, downs, revives and also your overall round & Maps Stats increase. But these are only statistics. 

XP progression is earned from rounds completed, points earnt & points spent etc. 

dont worry about going down. Worry about having fun. That's what ruined slot of people's games in BO2

MegaAfroMan    117
3 hours ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

Don't buy QR in solo. 

I'm going to say I wholeheartedly disagree with this. If you get above round 20 or so it is far nicer to have a do-over than to have to start another game. 40 is my top, not much but not bad.  If I decided to ditch QR that game would have ended on 22.  

It really isn't that hard to reperk. The zombies continue to ignore you a few seconds after being revived, if you keep calm you'll make it out just fine. 

Pro Tip: Monkey Bombs, Lil' Arnies, and *IN PLAIN SIGHT* are your friend.  Use them to distract while you recover. And always have QR. 

Chopper    188
3 hours ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

That's pretty specific mate.

A prestige takes around 12 hours by my reckoning.  If you do the giant 12 times to round 30, that's a prestige.  You play SOE to 80 twice, that's a prestige.  It takes around 45 minutes to do 30 rounds on the giant, and about 6 hours to get to round 80 on SOE running the rift.

A more efficient way of looking at QR on The Giant for instance is to buy is the first run of perks, but probably not on the 2nd one.  So Jugg, QR, DT and Speed initially.  If you then go down on round 25 on the catwalk, you can literally just jump in the teleporter.  You can then ignore QR and buy Mule, which would be more beneficial at those rounds.  But rounds 25 to say 35 are the golden XP rounds, and by not having QR it's damn easy to go down before then especially when you are XP grinding and not paying the most attention.

• Like 1

Yes Chopper lets not make this too specific. I'd hate for something to be so specific. Like the calculated exact rounds that you obtain the most XP and should and should not have a perk. Yes specification has no place here.... 

Chopper    188

@Stop Mocking Me0 Not sure how you didn't realise that the first line of my post wasn't worded correctly.

Read it as 'Not buying QR is useful in specific situations' and then read the rest.  Or just be sarcastic.

• Like 1

MegaAfroMan    117

Of course if you're XP grinding then yes maybe QR isn't quite as necessary considering you eventually will hit a point where kills per minute drops and your round survived bonus stagnated

If you're going the distance though and trying for rounds, not having QR is just silly. 

The concensus seems to be that buying quick revive is a generally good decission.

i used to have the mindset of not even buying the perk, because whenever I played a game I wanted it to be flawless, and I hated having to run around the map and reaquire everything.

But running around the map is worth it's tedious nature if it means getting a higher round than you would have otherwise. I played a game last night to round 60 (connection interuption, still had my last revive) that would have ended on round 38 if I didn't have QR. I don't know about you, but playing the first hour of SoE is one of the most grindy and tedious aspects of the game so far, and not an experience I really want to repeat more than I have to.

Plus, an extra three tries at whatever map you're on won't hurt in most situations I figure, and is worth sacrificing a different perk for.

If you don't really care about high rounds though and you're just XP farming, then chopper is right, your downs don't really matter and it doesn't make too big of a difference whether you have the perk or not.

But I also agree with Mega, not having QR on a high round attempt is just silly and irrational.

Edited by shirtlesservice

22 hours ago, MegaAfroMan said:

Of course if you're XP grinding then yes maybe QR isn't quite as necessary considering you eventually will hit a point where kills per minute drops and your round survived bonus stagnated

If you're going the distance though and trying for rounds, not having QR is just silly. 

HE'S GOING THE DISTANCE! HE'S GOING FOR.... SPEED

I always go for quick revive. My best ever is 75 on bo2. I actually went down on round 3 that game from a silly mistake. 

Ps, I don't like the progression system. I reckon the ranking system was much better. Showed skill, not time Played.

Awards

Only it didn't show skill. I've never been able to get to a round 50 game with randoms. Ever. Because my connection could never keep it up that long, and I'm constantly playing with randoms. In Die Rise, buried, and MOTD I've gotten well over 60 before I grow tired and give up, but it comes down to 2 things: 

-I have xbl I'm going to use that to play with people. 

-When I don't have XBL I play solo, but that doesn't record. 

The skill based system only truly awarded players who sat in glitches and exploited the game. This new system actually requires you to be able to earn points, survive, and play as intended. You can't cheat this system. It also makes it so dicks in lobbies don't ditch you because you're a skull. 

I never sat in a glitch, I got better to achieve shotguns and it was a bloody long haul to get them and wear the emblem with pride. Sorry but most ranked players I played with were actually very good zombies players. Take that with a grain of salt, although a very good guide and the single best method of determining your game is the ready up feature and a microphone. Have a chat with your potential teammates first.

Meo, do you tell players in a lobby your internet is shit hence your poor rank even though your a good player or do you tell them your a good player and hope you don't screw them over 8 hours into a high round game because your internet is shit.? Serious question, how does your high prestige tell a player this? 

Ps, I'll play with any rank so please don't judge us, I even play bus depot survival with randoms. I send out friends request to anyone I've enjoyed playing with regardless of rank.

Awards

This is kind of off topic, but how often is it that you go into a public lobby with randoms looking to do a high round attempt?

• Like 1