Window Setup Explanation

MrCurrySH

Hi! 

ive never made a post before so just bare with me lol 

so as most of you know, there are 6 windows in the spawn room on five, and only 4 can ever be active at a time. the order of 4 within the set of 6 is random every single time you start the game. 

what most players fail to realize is that there is a way to change the order of the 4 windows :)

this can be done by taking the lower elevator in the war room down into the labs. going up or down once will change the windows (down = 1 shuffle / up = 1 shuffle)

it can also be done by opening the PaP room by activating all the DEFCON switches.

So why would this be even remotely important? 

well, with the right window setup, it can make for the fastest possible strategy on the map :p 

heres a thing i made in ms paint to show you what i mean:

fivewindowexpl.png

heres a vid of how to use the {A,D,E,F} setup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygQ2rN7DEc0

"some guy did the calculations on it and i dont have that opened or written down anywhere so no reason to mention but i did cause i can"

that "some guy" was me :p 

thanks very much for anyone who views this post. 

Edited by MrCurrySH
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't have too much too add, I just used the old "train them out of pap" strategy to get my highest round on Five (like 35 or something like that, not really impressive) but I can see the time that went into this idea, and the work it took to get the calculations together and everything.

Next time I play Five I'll be sure to keep this post in mind. Thanks for the addition :D

• 3 months later...

Late in here but I've just been browsing the BO1 section out of boredom XD but I wanted to give you props for this as the top floor is a great strategy. I remember Superhands and Chopper a long time ago (just before the "No Man's Land incident") discussing that there were always two windows inactive and that it's not random like we thought before, and Superhands was in the process of testing it out and had a strategy all worked out once he'd cracked it, but he left us before this was revealed... at least to the public anyway. Glad someone else managed to find it!

Edited by ZombiesAteMyPizza!