Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Slub77

Jessica Rose - Pick up Pen - Pick a lock with this?

Recommended Posts

Slub77    3

So while playing SOE I always seem to play as Jessica Rose not sure why the game gives me her, but suffice to say I have heard a lot of her audio. Playing a game recently she said something that got me thinking I was just starting the PaP rituals and picked up Nero's Pen and Jessica's audio was

 

"Hey I fount a fountain pen, maybe I can use it to pick a lock or something?

 

I'm not sure if it was just a throwaway line, but maybe there's more too it! It also has me thinking if there is, perhaps there are things we can do with the items we pick up prior to using them in the rituals. 

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-BS5LUwO64?t=6369

 

 

Link to quote

 

 

 

 

Edited by Slub77

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ragdo11706    363

You wanna know what else is weird. When playing as Nero once you pick up the pen, he says something along the lines of, "Maybe this will open a Lock, a LOCK." 

 

I've always found it weird because him & Jessica both have quotes referencing a "Lock" when picking up that pen.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

83457    263

It may be something.

A couple of lines seem to be random thoughts, but others do pertain to the game.

When grabbing the worm, the boxer says 'are we gonna battle the giant worm mommy when she comes looking for her babies' (something like that)? Which comes sort of true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Slub77    3
10 minutes ago, 83457 said:

It may be something.

A couple of lines seem to be random thoughts, but others do pertain to the game.

When grabbing the worm, the boxer says 'are we gonna battle the giant worm mommy when she comes looking for her babies' (something like that)? Which comes sort of true.

Considering multiple characters hint at the pen lock thing, it has me even more suspicious if there is something too it, though she says about unlocking a lock, which may not be a door.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ragdo11706    363

Yea I've heard the one with Campbell & the Giant worm mommy. I always laugh at that one. Makes it seem as though he knows, but don't really know.

I've also gotten a quote from Jessica when you buy the Trip-Mines & once buying the Bowie Knife. "Maybe this is part to some unsolvable puzzle." I also know for a fact that once you do the 4 player Side Quest. Her quote goes, "Was that it, did we just solve the unsolvable puzzle." 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

83457    263
58 minutes ago, Slub77 said:

Considering multiple characters hint at the pen lock thing, it has me even more suspicious if there is something too it, though she says about unlocking a lock, which may not be a door.

But it may just refer to unlocking the pap, which it does...

We may be over thinking that bit.

(Shrug).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DrVonstool    62

I feel that Nero and Jessica's quotes were that of foreshadowing. They weren't directly saying that there's a lock of some sort, it was more than likely a reference to the Summoning Key. The Key itself is considered by Jackie V. as the Key to the City. Which could be true if the city is Hell. However, this "Lock" that they speak of must be of the Summoning Key. I say this because it seems that this "Key" is both a lock and a key. Simply because prior to introducing the Summoning Key to all our parts or "Representations", it unlocks that person that the piece represents. It reveals them. Almost like an exorcism, it exposes the demon within the object... Or possibly the angel? Also, The Giant has the torn pictures of the Summoning Device holding a weapon of some sort. Also, this device swallows the blood or possibly the souls of the representations of our ritual pieces, not to mention it also swallows the Shadow Man. Whatever the case, Jessica knows something about all of this. She knows something of the occult as all Entertainers do. At least mainstream entertainers in this day-and-age do. (Illuminati, Locust, Demi-urge) As for Nero, he has experience with the occult not directly but indireclty. As in, he has a special "Book" that may correlate to these "Happenings". The book could be The Necronomicon Ex-Mortis. It could be the Book of Souls, brought to you by Iron Maiden. It could even be the Comic Book that turns out to be a graphic novel. It could be the satanic incantations of this realm that bestowed onto Nero the desire to be a magician. There's still much we don't know about the characters and their relations with others. Some thing's are for certain, though. This "Lock" they speak of is not literal but metaphorical and leans more towards the locks that kept the Representations of our ritual pieces unexposed, Nero knows Nikolai in some fashion and is definitely related to the tentacle beasts thanks to what his posters say, and Jessica has or had a plan to be famous, whether or not her plan involved the occult is up to the player to decide. I personally believe that this Map is itself a metaphor for Hollywood and it's decrepit alleys that ring with misery and the possibility of a dark occult. 

If anything, anything at all, the quotes you hear from these characters are more for "Character Building" which Treyarch can do very well. What I mean is, when you start a game for the first time, your character to you is faceless personality-less, once you begin to do things and pick up objects and weapons, your character develops a type of personality. A personality that you discover as you play. Basically, at the end of the day, if all else fails, the quotes you hear are simply a way of describing the  mischievous ways of Jessica. How, when she picks up a pen instead of thinking of the practical uses she thinks outside of the box and chooses to consider the other options. You could say, she's an outward thinker, a self-sustaining human that can survive on her own. It says a lot about her character and even more about her actions during the opening cut scene as she sensually reaches for the scissors...

Edited by DrVonstool

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

Drewxke    18
On 11/29/2015 at 3:47 PM, DrVonstool said:

I feel that Nero and Jessica's quotes were that of foreshadowing. They weren't directly saying that there's a lock of some sort, it was more than likely a reference to the Summoning Key. The Key itself is considered by Jackie V. as the Key to the City. Which could be true if the city is Hell. However, this "Lock" that they speak of must be of the Summoning Key. I say this because it seems that this "Key" is both a lock and a key. Simply because prior to introducing the Summoning Key to all our parts or "Representations", it unlocks that person that the piece represents. It reveals them. Almost like an exorcism, it exposes the demon within the object... Or possibly the angel? Also, The Giant has the torn pictures of the Summoning Device holding a weapon of some sort. Also, this device swallows the blood or possibly the souls of the representations of our ritual pieces, not to mention it also swallows the Shadow Man. Whatever the case, Jessica knows something about all of this. She knows something of the occult as all Entertainers do. At least mainstream entertainers in this day-and-age do. (Illuminati, Locust, Demi-urge) As for Nero, he has experience with the occult not directly but indireclty. As in, he has a special "Book" that may correlate to these "Happenings". The book could be The Necronomicon Ex-Mortis. It could be the Book of Souls, brought to you by Iron Maiden. It could even be the Comic Book that turns out to be a graphic novel. It could be the satanic incantations of this realm that bestowed onto Nero the desire to be a magician. There's still much we don't know about the characters and their relations with others. Some thing's are for certain, though. This "Lock" they speak of is not literal but metaphorical and leans more towards the locks that kept the Representations of our ritual pieces unexposed, Nero knows Nikolai in some fashion and is definitely related to the tentacle beasts thanks to what his posters say, and Jessica has or had a plan to be famous, whether or not her plan involved the occult is up to the player to decide. I personally believe that this Map is itself a metaphor for Hollywood and it's decrepit alleys that ring with misery and the possibility of a dark occult. 

If anything, anything at all, the quotes you hear from these characters are more for "Character Building" which Treyarch can do very well. What I mean is, when you start a game for the first time, your character to you is faceless personality-less, once you begin to do things and pick up objects and weapons, your character develops a type of personality. A personality that you discover as you play. Basically, at the end of the day, if all else fails, the quotes you hear are simply a way of describing the  mischievous ways of Jessica. How, when she picks up a pen instead of thinking of the practical uses she thinks outside of the box and chooses to consider the other options. You could say, she's an outward thinker, a self-sustaining human that can survive on her own. It says a lot about her character and even more about her actions during the opening cut scene as she sensually reaches for the scissors...

Both Jessica and Nero emphasized on using the pen to open a lock... Got to be open minded on all possibilities as were dealing with Treyarch here and those phrases are pretty blatant so why wouldn't we take that under consideration? The devs at Treyarch did state that there are EE's in SoE that havent been found and atleast 1 that would be very difficult to solve BUT they are all solvable.  I also saw that someone went through the code and found a list of EE's that havent been solved except one recent (Shield upgrade). There's also a 2nd WW on SoE apparently so again I say we try everything atleast twice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

The Clay Bird    173
On 11/29/2015 at 11:31 AM, Slub77 said:

Considering multiple characters hint at the pen lock thing, it has me even more suspicious if there is something too it, though she says about unlocking a lock, which may not be a door.

The only thing that would sway me against this is that they use it in conjuncion with the summoning "key" so maybe its just a reference to use it with the summoning key to "pick a lock" so to speak

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DrVonstool    62
1 hour ago, The Clay Bird said:

its just a reference to use it with the summoning key to "pick a lock"

This is very accurate. Knowing that the key to unlocking the Summoning key is the sacrificial pieces. In any case, I am very open-minded when it comes to Treyarch and their Eggs and how we go about them. I am also reasonable and logical. If you think you need the pen to unlock something then grab the pen and do what I do every game play and run around holding X on boxes that look suspicious. Then come back here like me, angry and frustrated that nothing worked! The plain text reason for the Pen not being of any use is the fact that it disappears after the ritual and is replaced with the Worm. This leads me to believe that the pen does nothing more than spawn in the worm. I've heard someone say that Treyarch has never made an easter egg that is only effected if you do something a certain way the first time or else the entire egg is ruined. It's always, "from beginning to end, eggs are available" this is why I find it hard to believe that this Pen does anything other than get a Worm for the PaP. 

The final verdict with me in relation to the pen and/or pieces of the rituals is that they only grant you the Worm and nothing more. If they granted you more, we would've figure it all out by now. What about the quote from Jackie V with the Boxing Championship? "This would sell great at the Pawn Shop." (Something to that tune) Or what about when Vincent picks up the Toupee? He says it belongs to Nero, so my guess is that there's an Easter Egg where we can allow Nero to pick up the Toupee and he will wear it like an Asshole. These sound like possibilities but we know they aren't. 

Fear not, there's one thing that IS for certain and that's the concept that Shadows of Evil is Casting a Shadow of Evil that has the figure and shape of Tranzit... So, I guess Fear On then...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×