Welcome to Call of Duty Zombies - The Official (Fan) Community for Zombies

Welcome, slayers from all realms, to the number one Call of Duty community dedicated to the popular Zombies mode. Call of Duty Zombies has been in existence since Treyarch's 2008 hit game World at War and has grown into the largest and most officiated fan community in the franchise. This forum is dedicated to the players who want to theorize about the game, create concept map ideas, discuss the story, and much more. We welcome all to the site. 

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you'll be able to begin posting in discussions, customize your profile, dive into the Zombies lore with other fellow slayers, receive rewards for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! 

Happy slaying!

RedDeadRiot

STAR WARS THREAD (TFA SPOILERS INSIDE)

26 posts in this topic

Pretty simple, Who's hyped for Force Awakens? 

Discuss anything about Star Wars here!

I booked tickets for my friend and I yesterday for the 19th. I'm very excited for the movie, but not a massive Star Wars fan, so I was able to avoid the bunch of TV Spots that have been released.

1 person likes this

Awards

Just now, Spider3000 said:

I booked tickets for my friend and I yesterday for the 19th. I'm very excited for the movie, but not a massive Star Wars fan, so I was able to avoid the bunch of TV Spots that have been released.

Hahaha yeah I'm going to see it the 17th at 7 pm in Imax 3-D. Hype is very real

1 person likes this

ID: 4   Posted (edited)

I don't believe I'm going to see any of these new ones. Saw all the trailers and teasers for Force Awakens and it just doesn't feel like Star Wars to me. Most likely because of the fact that Disney owns it now.

Edited by AsG xTiMiDx

44 minutes ago, Lenne said:

jarjar.jpg

Just came here to post a picture of him. Guess you beat me too it! XD

Speaking of Jar Jar Binks, did you guys know that in that trailer when it shows the destroyed Star Destroyer on Jakku they planned to have this guys skull on screen?

Do you even Star Wars?

Le Jedi

Le Sith

I'll also have you know, I own 5 of those extendable toy lightsabers I have collected over my childhood. (Well, technically 6, but I made my own hilt and combined two blue ones together #nerd)

1 person likes this

9 hours ago, Undead said:

Do you even Star Wars?

Le Jedi

Le Sith

I'll also have you know, I own 5 of those extendable toy lightsabers I have collected over my childhood. (Well, technically 6, but I made my own hilt and combined two blue ones together #nerd)

I have about 2 giant boxes worth of star wars toys and stuff from when I was a kid. A disgusting amount of star wars stuff, I was really a fanatic.

KOTOR (Knights of the Old Republic) is easily in my top 2 video games of all time.  Not sure if FFX or KOTOR is top tbh.

14 minutes ago, Chopper said:

KOTOR (Knights of the Old Republic) is easily in my top 2 video games of all time.  Not sure if FFX or KOTOR is top tbh.

I bought a Humble Bundle of about 12 Star Wars games 6-7 months ago, and I think KOTOR was included. I should really play those games more. They were fun from what I had played of them.

Awards

WHY IS NOBODY TALKING ABOUT THE MOVIE?!?! 

Knights of Ren are weak, if that is the new foe while the Jedi are re established it won't take long to take out Kylo and Snoke. If the SITH are behind it however, and at the core of the First Order it makes for a good storyline for the next two movies. 

I think Kylo kills Snoke to complete his training and takes on an apprentice and starts the SITH back up. If he idolizes vader as much as he says that's how it'll go down. As far as Rey goes I'm not sure where to go with it. Maybe she was born from Midichlorian manipulation like Anakin was. Not sure. The whole secret family thing is played out so I hope she's not a Solo.

A lot of that I don't think is right, especially your second theory with Snoke dying, the Sith have the rule of two and I think Rey is Lukes daughter. Come on, it makes sense. She is majorly force sensitive, no other Jedi would be able to reawaken force powers like that unless they had a high midichlorian count. Anakin was meant to be too old to learn the ways of the Jedi yet they accepted him, usually it would have to be from a much younger age. Then look at Luke! Practically an adult. I guarantee Rey is a Skywalker. Although whether she is Lukes daughter and got left on Jakku out of the hands of Kylo after things went to hell or whether she was thought to be dead by Han and Leia who are her parents and they don't bring her up because it hurts them too much is unknown too me. But she is a Skywalker and the force sensitivity gets stronger as the family progresses. I am mostly leaning towards her being a Solo. Makes sense for the twins thing to keep going, as it usually does. Although it can skip a generation each time too. Oh and the lightsaber. The Skywalker lightsaber calls to her. Yeah who knows. I personally want her to be a secret family thing, I love that idea so much anyways and I think its a good twist to play out through these movies.

My theory is this: The next film will focus on the Knights of Ren and learning about them, kind of paralleling Empire Strikes Back. To complete his training, Kylo will have to hunt down the other Knights of Ren and kill them all. He will descend down a very dark path, after which he will be worth of becoming a Sith, since I think Snoke is Darth Plagueis for a lot of reasons. I think this will be paralleled with Luke training Rey the light side of the force to become a Jedi. Twin theory makes a lot more sense for that now. A whole movie that parallels their journeys into each side of the force, I love that idea, JJ TAKE NOTES! I also think their will be side stories with Finn awakening and going on some journey with Poe being more prominent too. Anyways I think they will then meet at the end and their will be something they must do. But I think this is where we will see Snoke and Luke interact for the first time, although I am not sure how. I think they will be in a fight and Luke will tell Kylo something that will throw him off of his dark descent, tell him something about his Grandfather that makes him rethink the dark side. Being Vader obsessed he would be conflicted, thus setting up the next movie. It would be more impactful if Luke died telling him this, but I can't take him dying.

Then the next movie would be about Kylo Ren being a conflicted villain who is less and less happy with his part in Snokes grand plan. Maybe that leads to him dying while killing Snoke, maybe he survives and is redeemed. I don't know, but I think his story will interest me the most.

Eh, Plaguies is dead lol. 

Kylo is so thirsty for power that I think we see the same evolution of a character that we saw in Anakin in RotS, albeit with Kylo obviously already having committed himself to the dark side. But someone who goes deeper and deeper down the hole. I feel like Kylo won't be able to complete whatever training that Snoke has in store for him, so he will take him out in a rage that was clearly shown during TFA. THAT would create for a better plot, because now you have a person who may still be struggling internally with what he is, and now he's killed both father figures in his life (assuming Snoke has that effect on him) leaving his internal struggle to be dealt with himself. Creating a character with control over the First Order, but isn't deserving of it and he knows it. Not to mention not being able to fully live up to his idea of Vaders legacy. Add all those up and you've got a character who's almost as unpredictable as Anakin was. Kylo has a lot of internal conflict but not in the same way we saw it with Anakin. I think Kylo grows to hate himself and it ultimately leads to the First Orders downfall, but the revival of the Sith. 

As far as Rey goes, I think her path parallels Lukes. She's coming into her force powers at a very late age, but she is obviously very strong with it. It's an interesting dynamic with her backstory though because it could go so many different ways. I'm still against the secret family thing but that's just because I think it's played out, nothing against the theories behind it just my opinion. She was obviously placed into hiding by someone, and there is a strong chance that she's a family from that "inner circle" of OG Trilogy characters, forshadowed by Maz Kanata when she very confidently tells Rey her family isn't coming back. 

It'll be interesting how the story goes that's for sure, they left a lot to guessing games. 

The theme they play for Snoke is the theme they play when Palpatine tells Anakin about Plagueis, Snoke has a scar, has a similar title to Palpatine and Plagueis could easily come back to life. There is no way it isn't him really.

I still think I am right about the next movie following their paths and showing their training in the dark and light sides of the force, I won't really believe otherwise considering thats how they set it up. Kylo is a brilliant character though, he is so conflicted but in the way that Anakin wasn't. He wants to be bad, but he knows the good inside of him is their so he is trying to rid himself of it, hence killing his father.

Also only Skywalkers are that force sensitive because of them descending from Anakin, she can't not be a Skywalker of some sort.

13 minutes ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

The theme they play for Snoke is the theme they play when Palpatine tells Anakin about Plagueis, Snoke has a scar, has a similar title to Palpatine and Plagueis could easily come back to life. There is no way it isn't him really.

I still think I am right about the next movie following their paths and showing their training in the dark and light sides of the force, I won't really believe otherwise considering thats how they set it up. Kylo is a brilliant character though, he is so conflicted but in the way that Anakin wasn't. He wants to be bad, but he knows the good inside of him is their so he is trying to rid himself of it, hence killing his father.

Also only Skywalkers are that force sensitive because of them descending from Anakin, she can't not be a Skywalker of some sort.

How could Plagueis "easily" come back from life? Nothing ever has said that people could be brought back from death. This is 30 years after Vaders death, and Vader never would have revived him because of the rule of two so there would have been nobody powerful enough to do it. Anakin was born via midichlorians, no reason another lineage couldn't have been created somehow. Luke could be powerful enough, and could have relied on it to create someone powerful enough to fight the threat that was born from his own Padiwan.  You can't just say things can be done when nothing in the story hints to it even being possible. I know we're swinging at curve balls with a 30 year gap in the storyline but come on lol.

15 minutes ago, RedDeadRiot said:

How could Plagueis "easily" come back from life? Nothing ever has said that people could be brought back from death. This is 30 years after Vaders death, and Vader never would have revived him because of the rule of two so there would have been nobody powerful enough to do it. Anakin was born via midichlorians, no reason another lineage couldn't have been created somehow. Luke could be powerful enough, and could have relied on it to create someone powerful enough to fight the threat that was born from his own Padiwan.  You can't just say things can be done when nothing in the story hints to it even being possible. I know we're swinging at curve balls with a 30 year gap in the storyline but come on lol.

I never said Vader revived him? Interestingly, some of the more powerful sith lords tricked people by possessing their bodies after death. Something to do with their tombs. He is powerful enough to have done it on his own. "Killed in his sleep" what a laugh, the Emperor was always a naive fool, always no matter how he portrayed himself. In fact, Plagueis manipulated the midichlorians to cause Anakins birth in the EU, unsure if that still applies. He could have even survived in that way, I have heard so many great theories. The story hints at it being possible by having the emperor tell Anakin he could bring people back from the dead but not himself because the Emperor killed him. I think Plagueis has been playing the long game. He was such a powerful Sith. He would have anticipated Palpatine trying to kill him, so he would have planned something to ensure his survival. I think he planned for his resurrection to occur after the Emperor died. With the empire in ruins and the galaxy trying to reestablish itself, it is the perfect time for him to find somebody he can manipulate and has planned to manipulate so that he can achieve ultimate power. Don't underestimate Plagueis, their is no proof that he died aside from the naive emperors word. Even if he died, Sith have resurrected before. Snoke is also clearly damaged and it plays the same music as when Palapatine told Anakin the story about him. No way in hell did they reuse that by accident. After all of the fan theories and such leading up to this movie, they would not dare do that in fear of causing a misconception. Andy Serkis, AKA Snoke, even had a good description of the character:

“Supreme Leader Snoke is quite an enigmatic character, and strangely vulnerable at the same time as being quite powerful. Obviously he has a huge agenda. He has suffered a lot of damage. As I said, there is a strange vulnerability to him, which belies his true agenda, I suppose. He’s a new character in this universe. It is very much a newly-introduced character. He’s aware of what’s gone on, in the respect that he has been around and is aware of prior events. I think it’d be fair to say that he is aware of the past to a great degree.”

That sounds like Plagueis all over. Enigmatic. Check. Even Lucas talked about a hidden enigmatic character throughout the franchise. Plagueis/ Snoke has been lurking in the shadows. He is strangely vulnerable because although he dodged death, the Emperor mortally wounded him. But he is still very powerful. He is a new character in this universe. He was in the EU but never actually in the movie universe, only mentioned. It all screams Plagueis. I am going to believe its him until JJ Abrams or Andy Serkis literally tells everyone that its not him.

Spoiler

I'm a bit bummed about the weak plot twists. 
LOVED the turned stormtropper guy though. (Can't remember anyone's name) 

Luke skywalker really didn't need to be played up like that ESPECIALLY considering he's practically dead come next movie. I'm seeing a bit of repeating themes here. Luke has become the new Yoda. And that makes Han Solo FREAKING OBI WAN! 

Also what was UP with Han's SON being the new bad guy. Given he was the spitting image of Anakin Skywalker (From the first 3 movies) with how much of a whiny douche he is. 

Chubacka... POOR CHEWY! WHHHHHYYYYYYYYYY...... Seeing his best friend die like that is just.... Wrong. Those two should have died together ON the falcon...... Maybe Chewy will go out like that... Maybe he'll take out JarJar Binks with him. 

Moving on, Jarjar binks I think really should be the sith lord, I feel like that's a REAL plot twist I'm all for if you've seen the theory on reddit. It's also symbolic of the new series triumphing over the prequel series. 

All in all I gave the movie a 7.3 out of 10. Great new characters, great plot advancement. What I didn't like was how much they tried to link it with the original characters. Han solo's son shouldn't be evil, and if he was evil, don't let him get taken out in such a pathetic way. ONLY LOSERS GET VADERED BY TWO NOT-EVEN-JEDIS, ONE OF WHICH USED TO BE A STORM TROOPER. Han solo's son is NOT a loser. 

18 minutes ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

If anything, I'd say Luke is more like Obi-Wan, especially with the beard now. And what do you mean about Luke being "practically dead come next movie"? Yeah, and that Jar Jar theory, despite being really cool, would realistically never happen.

Spoiler

And as for Han Solo, I thought he went out in a really noble way. He tried to turn his son back to the light side. Also, about Kylo Ren being defeated, well he certainly put Finn into such a bad state, that he got out of there half-dead. He also doesn't seem to be force-sensitive as of now, unlike Rey. You need to remember as well, that Kylo Ren was shot by Chewbacca with his bowcaster, which as we've seen, is enough to send regular people flying.

Awards

I'm still hoping for the JarJar thing. 

As for luke. TRUST ME. He's dead come Episode 8, its just a pattern you recognize with returning characters and re-makes and whatnot. 

Plus.... Lets be honest. Force-ghost luke is a given. 

4 hours ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

I'm still hoping for the JarJar thing. 

As for luke. TRUST ME. He's dead come Episode 8, its just a pattern you recognize with returning characters and re-makes and whatnot. 

Plus.... Lets be honest. Force-ghost luke is a given. 

He was in The Force Awakens for about a minute. I don't see them killing him off next movie. Possibly Episode IX, but not the next one.

Spoiler

The reason Han was killed off was because Harrison Ford originally asked George Lucas for Han to be killed off at the end of Return of the Jedi. Harrison Ford didn't believe Han to be that interesting of a character, and thought that killing him off would be the best thing for Han. So, I don't think people going into the movie who knew this piece of information were very surprised by Han's death. I don't think Carrie Fisher or Mark Hamill though ever wanted something similar to this to happen to their characters.

Awards

Even if Mark Hamill did say he didn't want to come back as a dead character, he'd just come back as a hallucination to haunt the main protagonist when the thing comes out anyways. 

(Arkham knight joke there)

1 person likes this

All I have to say about The Force Awakens is that it's amazing. Well it's amazing pretending that the whole Han business didn't happen. The new characters have to be some of my favorite characters in the whole franchise especially Poe. And I know this part is going to make me seem like an idiot but I loved that they had equal opportunities for everyone in this movie (race, gender, ect..) yet people still complain about it all the time. 

I have to be honest but this is my second favorite Star Wars movie but I don't think that means much since Revenge of the Sith is my favorite. (sorry)  

Also I have to show off my Force Awakens Disney Infinity figures because they're awesome. tumblr_o0c9763Hmg1sl5skpo1_540.png.8f671

Awards

I loved the movie.

I mean I even went to a full cinema for it together with my sis and her friend. That's how excited I was for it.

It should suffice to say that I did feel like a kid again after watching it.

Rey is op. And I love that. haha