Treyarch screws solo players again

Ok, I'll rant. I love Zombies. I am an older guy in his 30's with a kid. Hard to find 3 hours and a team that isn't retarded to do these EEs. This particular map pissing me off alot about taking a solo player all the way to the end and not letting them take part in the final step solo. Its just dumb. Its ok to have to upgrade your sword using all 4 players ritual spots when you are playing solo, but another step (the last one) can't be done on solo. This could have been as simple as letting a solo player have more time to shock everything etc...  I am just tired of not having the same oppurtunity as a 4 player game does. You already have a team based environment, it called multiplayer. I just don't feel the need to give a multi player game in Zombies more access to a storyline then a solo player. If they made it equal, it would draw so many more people to Zombies. 

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm right there with you, I just posted something similar to this... I almost exclusively play solo games, and getting screwed with the Easter egg, especially after it's been such a long term complaint, is just unacceptable. Plus, it's not like there's a real reward, it's all story based, so there should be no reason it's unavailable solo. C'mon treyarch. I enjoy this map, I really do, I just wish a few things that bring it down were fixed.

Yep, just seems like people at Treyarch have this idea that just because you can play the game with 4 players, you are required to have a team to get a full experience. Like you are obligated to recognize all the work they put into a 4 player environment. Thing is not everyone wants that. You can easily tweek every easter egg to fit a solo environment. If a step normally requires 4 players to do, make it that a solo player only has to do his part but it has more difficulty, or like i said before if its time based step, give the solo player more time. I never really liked the COTD seperate achievemnts. Origins was a step in the right direction but it took forever solo. SOE could of at the very least, gave you the calling card after killing the shadow man on solo

You can do most of it alone and the final step requires at least 3 people to zap everything so it's obvious that can't be done on Solo. Not sure why you are complaining, you don't get any perks or anything for doing it like permaperks. If all you are worried about is the calling card then just use this site to find a team and do it once. If there was some permaperks or permafiresales or something like that after I would understand solo players feeling screwed but that isn't the case.

^it would just be nice to be able to complete it solo. Not that I'll lose my mind over it.

To make matters worse, I'm disabled, so poor, so on 360 still.  Several of my zombie buddies keep messaging me to get the xbone, but alas, it's solo or nothing for me. I will eventually play with randoms, but for now, i can't stomach the thought.

Added: on the bright side, at least there isn't 3 full hours of busywork in solo, like Origins had. I loved origins, but still.

Edited by 83457
It's a secret.

The calling card is not the issue. Shutting it down on solo players at the end is the issue. You would think they would listen to their community after BO2. Prime example, To get the big ending in Buried, every other map had to be done with other players. It is just stupid and excludes a number of players who preferred  Solo. So Solo playershave to settle for smaller map Easter Eggs and can't even fully participate in the big story. This causes every Solo player to approach every map in the same way, as a high round survival game and not a quest because its not available to them. Ultimately the player gets bored. Give the solo player the same oppurtunity for cutscenes, storyline, reward etc.. and they will retain and create a bigger fan base

Im a PC player:TheBiggerMuff

I agree. I think the developers had it right with Origins. It was really hard to do solo, but at least it was possible. I really believe there's more we've yet to uncover. I just can't help but think that after 3 years this is all we get.

Especially considering the fact that Glitching Queen just uploaded her video on how to upgrade the Lil' Arnies. I think it's a lot we still haven't figured out on this map.

4 hours ago, steviewonder87 said:

Agreed. No reason why they can't do a COTD type EE for every map, or at the very least have it doable 2 players minimum. Making it 4 players only is excluding like 70% of players from ever completing it right there.

Call of the Dead is up there as one of my favourite Easter eggs for the very reason that it could be completed solo.

I had hoped with Mob and Origins' Easter eggs being 2-player and solo respectively, that things would change with Black Ops 3. But no, we're back with 4 player Easter eggs.

I think this Easter Egg may have been cobbled together last minute, which could give reason to how underwhelming it was, and the lack of thought that seems to have been put into it.

On 11/25/2015, 2:36:56, xanman86 said:

You can do most of it alone and the final step requires at least 3 people to zap everything so it's obvious that can't be done on Solo. Not sure why you are complaining, you don't get any perks or anything for doing it like permaperks. If all you are worried about is the calling card then just use this site to find a team and do it once. If there was some permaperks or permafiresales or something like that after I would understand solo players feeling screwed but that isn't the case.

Some of us enjoy the challenge, and the process of completing these "quests" in the game. Finishing it is its own reward. What do you get for completing any game? The sense of satisfaction of completing it. Well, the past couple generations you get a worthless "achievement" or "trophy", but most people don't play and complete games for a gamerscore, we just enjoy playing and completing the games. It's really silly for a developer to say "Well, this game was designed for you to play solo, and many mechanics customize to solo play, but you can't 'finish' the game solo, because we say so." What if you got to the second to last mission of the campaign, and you just couldn't progress any further unless you had 4 players? Would that not be ridiculous? This is the same thing. The game is designed for solo or cooperative, certain mechanics work differently to cater to solo play, but when it comes to the main quest Treyarch just says "Oh, you don't have a full group? Screw you. Run in circles for a few hours until you get tired enough to make a mistake or turn the game off out of boredom."

Let's face it; the reason Zombies has remained as popular as it has, and set Treyarch apart is because of the easter eggs. They took a simple endless horde mode, and gave it a purpose. A goal. And then stripped that goal from solo players for no good reason. And no "You need 3 players to zap everything" isn't a good reason. All they had to do was change that step for solo play. They changed plenty of other things for solo play. 3 years and they couldn't come up with an alternate step that made sense?

Its funny, I was just thinking the same last night....... Im a 30 something, with a 3 month old daughter....finding the time....and more so sitting there looking for 3 other committed players is tough more so ridiculous....

As for the EE...... I think there was a reason for this........just my BS $0.02

You have to give it, to the CODZ community and the Zombie community in general....... People are killing these EE so fast..... I mean game comes out and within a week..... with 4 players these guys dissect the EE apart...  how much harder does Treyarch gotta make these things to keep the players enthralled with the game.  You have to admit.... once the EE is done..... the high level players are moving on to something else.....Treyarch needs to keep players happy so they need to keep the players guessing at every turn.

I think if the EE was reachable at solo the fact of how quick these guys do it....would make it too easy.......  This is totally my opinion.

While it Sucks and I can agree.... I think I understand why they do it they way the do it..... Keeps the players involved and DOES NOT Guarantee the EE gets completed as if you get matched up with an idiot in 4 players.....it makes the EE harder and harder to achieve........

I just dont understand how people join Multiplayer Zombies without a mic......If you dont have a mic...play solo....... hard to do things without communicating.... WTF!!!!

At first I was mad about the E.E. but now that its a few days shy of being a month old. Yet we still haven't even figured out how to 'Upgrade" the Apothicon Servant. Must loan how to get the Alternate Version. 

I'm almost positive once you've captured the Shadow Man that's not the end. They've put so much in this map. Honestly I believe this is Treyarchs finest hour, a Masterpiece. We didn't even know about the Bouncing Betties or the Goddard Apparatus when we completed Solo side.

I think we just need to focus on what the goal is of the last step. Its to kill the humongous octopus. You really think the Solo game ends with that thing remaining over the city?? I just don't buy it. There is probably a different way for solo players to kill it, its just we are tunnel visioned on shocking the trains etc..

• Tech Admin
On 12/3/2015, 8:51:18, Exactice_808 said:

hard to do things without communicating.... WTF!!!!

It's actually a lot easier than you think, I'm one of these players that will join a public lobby. 

Playing with randoms is frustrating as hell but it can also be very enjoyable, I have come across a couple of randoms that are really good players and I have added them to my friends list (most need to be hit several times with a bus and reversed over for good measure). However, a MIC is not essential, if you come across a decent player, you can usually tell within the first 10 rounds, that they know what they are doing and you can indicate to those players by kniving things.

For instance, on the giant the other night, 3 decent players, I started the fly trap EE, two did part of it and I got the last teddy at power.I got monkeys, and then indicated to them by shooting once at feeting and moving towards the teleporters and shooting into the teleporter, they understood what was happening and we got the extra perk.

A MIC is not essential. a decent player is.

12 hours ago, Hells Warrrior said:

It's actually a lot easier than you think, I'm one of these players that will join a public lobby. 

Playing with randoms is frustrating as hell but it can also be very enjoyable, I have come across a couple of randoms that are really good players and I have added them to my friends list (most need to be hit several times with a bus and reversed over for good measure). However, a MIC is not essential, if you come across a decent player, you can usually tell within the first 10 rounds, that they know what they are doing and you can indicate to those players by kniving things.

For instance, on the giant the other night, 3 decent players, I started the fly trap EE, two did part of it and I got the last teddy at power.I got monkeys, and then indicated to them by shooting once at feeting and moving towards the teleporters and shooting into the teleporter, they understood what was happening and we got the extra perk.

A MIC is not essential. a decent player is.

Actually lately, its been pretty good! I guess since the map has been out for about a 2 months its given the opportunity for the players to get familiar,

I agree now that it isnt essential.....but it always helps and more so it lets me know how truly committed you are to playing the map LOL!