DLC 1 - Next Map?

So I was looking at the challenges within the game(i.e Zombie Hunter and the like) and noticed a sort of running theme between the three different sets. For instance, all of the achievables within the "Zombie Hunter" tier of challenges have calling cards which seem to reference the Shadows of Evil noir style. The other two tiers(one of them is "Gum Gobbler" and the other is "Survivalist" if I remember right) have general themes.

The one I found interesting was the second tier, Survivalist. There seems to be somewhat of a Dia de Los Muertos theme ongoing, or the "Day of the Dead" for the non familiar. This ties in with something that Dempsey says in one of his TG quotes about visiting South America. "Dia de los Muertos" is a celebration that originates in Mexico. If the calling cards may be linked to map themes, could we be looking at a Map somewhere in Mexico, or perhaps slightly more south in South America?

Just speculating of course, but would like to hear what others thought.

Edited by andizzle
Failure to proofread
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well mexico is central america, not south america. And Dempsey's quote is that he had already been to brazil. 

I don't want to backtrack, I want the O4 in a new location with new things to deal with. Story PROGRESSION is key. 

Personally I'd like a map set on a massive mountain(volcano). There'd be ruins to explore, minecart rides, PAP would be at the lava filled summit,  It just generally sounds like fun having a whole mountain to our selves. I also feel like it could make great use of water and wall running mechanics. Sense it'd be a mountain, we'd have a hard time finding the Mystery box by it's light so maybe we could see the return of vulture's aid? The easter egg would involve entering agartha (the world within the earth). I feel firebreak's flame thrower would be a cool special weapon to get here, but the main wonder weapon would be a throwable and retrievable grenade that acted as a fog horn, stunning zombies and calling forth avalanches to take out hordes. 

Actually, it looks look I got this a bit backwards. It's actually the Gum Gobbler tier that has the day of the dead theme. Okay, so maybe the Dempsey quote doesn't have anything to do with the next map in this case. We still may very well see a Day of the Dead themed map, though. I for one, think this would be a pretty cool trajectory for the future. Perhaps something involving voodoo, which I think another forum member had mentioned on another thread.

I would like a day of the dead map that is something to do with voodoo and has some cool boss like the chupacabra (when I think of day of the dead I always think of Scooby Doo).

I have an inkling there will be a castle DLC with the YO4. I really want a castle map and it fits with the keepers and medieval ties.

There is a lot of shared culture between Southern and Central America, so Dempsey's Brazil quote just kind of clicked as notable with the Day of the Dead theme.

I'm curious if it means anything, or could just be trying to find order where there is none, haha. 

The other tier, Survivalist though... There doesn't seem to be any theme.I get a slight Mad Max vibe from some of the calling cards but that's it. Don't know if they have any significance.

Has anyone noticed the crates of bananas within the Shadows of Evil map? There is at least one location near the Footlight district in between the GG machine and the Rift doorway. Brazil, as well as other tropical countries, are notable producers of bananas... 

This video was recorded on a potato, but it seems to indicate that perhaps the Summoning Key has been traveling around to various locations. Most notably, San Francisco(MOTD), Paris(Origins), and Brazil(!). This may just be confirmation bias coming into play, but I really think there may be something to it. I haven't confirmed the indications on the box myself as I haven't had much time to play recently, but it is an interesting connection if it actually reads as the video says.

• Administrators

Brazil is always possible but I consider it way to obvious, for one.  For two, Dempsey says they already went there, and I don't see any maps of us going backwards, especially when the time he was at Brazil was likely during Richtofen's two year absence, meaning we'd play with the Origins 3 and a random, instead of the Origins 4.

Origins is Northern France, not Paris so thats still a candidate. Not sure if they will do a Brazil map but Moon is a definite possibility considering the new loading screen, the quotes all characters make and all other hints.