Happy camper?

I love kiting zombies around. I was doing it when most were still using the camp method.

That being said, i loved the camping games. You needed to trust your team. You needed a good spot. 

Well, soe isn't really a camp map. Some of the best camp spots have an unfixable window, making them dead. Not to mention the board-ripping frenzy of the undead in this game.

But, I'm keeping an eye out for some.

I have noticed that Footlight has a spot, sort of, depending on how well one can actually hold a window in this game: open from the train, leave the footlight/junction door closed and camp there. One guy at the window, 3 on the hall with a back door. Could be fun for 'no beast' games.

-----

Camp the giant: more fun than the catwalk: camp 'aisle 4'; leave the trenchgun/flytrap side of the mainframe closed. Open the tp from the juggernog area so that both doors by the flytrap are closed. One guy on window, 3 watch the hall.

Happy gaming!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll get some more, but one of the train stations has a fixable window, so 3 could watch the steps, one on the window, train is there for emergency escape.

Death trap: camp at the top of the subway steps, with that beast door to junction closed. Camp until you die!

I posted about footlight a while back, this one is obvious, it also helps to keep all three doors shut here for faster spawn rate... use the portal to get in and out.

Just a few to add i have found so far...

Top of the Red Ruby, there is drop here for escape and they line up nice for headshots.

The electric door in the Canals shut, camp by the wall gun on the other side, very tight spot with no escape plan but you have unlimited ammo.

• 1 month later...
On 11/23/2015 at 5:43 PM, boybad said:

I posted about footlight a while back, this one is obvious, it also helps to keep all three doors shut here for faster spawn rate... use the portal to get in and out.

*Finally patched this: This is a good spot, but on 360, one needs to open the door, or drop the steps; unless they patched it, keeping the 3 doors shut on 360 means that the ground is covered in death barriers, even though you got there legit. To be fair, i haven't tried in a while, since it ends my game. Ha. I will check this later maybe. *Tested 1.24.2016 on 360, this is still filled with death barriers on 360. *tested 3.7.2016, patched.

√------Canal Camping--------

Unmazing method (Unmazing's Grace).

Newish spot: i use this frequently in solo just playing any style, and it may work with a coordinated team;

Canal: Open the junction-canal $1000 door, and leave the perk-area $1000 barriers closed. Can be used anytime, but easiest if Rift to Subway is open here, and footlight (waterfront will work as a secondary also).

From junction, walk straight into canal, through the arch by The Fancy Grind, just past the break in the rail on your left (where you could drop into the water). Turn around and fight. None should come from behind until you back up to the Molly's Cream Cakes cart approximately. 

When pushed back, walk down steps into the water (by Civil Protector switch), fight by Rift, enter Rift to Subway,  fight by Footlight Rift, exit Rift to Footlight (this will get the Margwa ahead of the train as well, if there is one). Train back to canal, repeat.

The Ruby Rabbit $1250 Door can be open or not. There are 2 traps en route, a third if you detour into pap.

It's very similar to camping the Courthouse stairs-area in Buried: fight until pushed back, circle the map, reset.

The training is very safe and easy.

Edit: standing by Fancy Grind makes Sword counter headshots quite easy. What the counter does is still a mystery.

See post 19 for more on this strategy. ↓

------

With 2 or more canal idea: open RR from perk area, keep the other $1250 door closed.

Go to the Civil Protector switch corner. 1-2 players watch the steps up from the water, the others watch the Molly's Cream Cake and GobbleGum Machine paths. None actually come from the greenish window behind you (at least on 360, but both are usually the same after the updates). CP switch for emergencies. Back door ($1250) also for emergency escape.

Happy camping!

Edited by 83457
Words and stuff

I like to camp on the Balcony of the Theater in Footlight. Leave the Train gate closed, could be used for a quick getaway. Doing this forces all the Zombies to Spawn in front of you, coming from a window and the stairs. "Apothicon Servant", and a weapon with "Turned"is highly recommended, Lil Arnies would also be advised.

Another good spot is the alley in Waterfront leading to the Rift. One person watch the Window, preferably using "Turned". The other 3 watch straight ahead, "Apothicon Servant", "Turned", "Blast Furnace", & "Lil Arnies" recommended.

Finally, the last spot I can think of would be the 5&5 high round strat. This would definitely make for some "Hectic", "Crazy", and all around "Fun" games.

On 1/25/2016 at 0:50 AM, Ragdo11706 said:

I like to camp on the Balcony of the Theater in Footlight. Leave the Train gate closed, could be used for a quick getaway. Doing this forces all the Zombies to Spawn in front of you, coming from a window and the stairs.

You mean the Tram station, right?

They are surprisingly easy to train in. I've seen a few folk using that as a team method; camp the tram, ride away when overrun. If a player goes down, start tram, use AS or BF Ammo to clear the tram, revive player, resume camp at next locale.

Canal Tram is a bit tight.

Edited by 83457

83457,  I give you credit for staying somewhere long enough to camp,  They did a good job on SOE to combat camping well with the non fixable doors/windows.

I will do my diligence in searching for a true camp spot, but my "Camping" spot of choice is Nero's Lair.  I find that the openings are just the right amount of zombies that come through even @ rounds 30+ are minimal and easy to dispatch of.   4 main openings, Front Door, Back door (catwalk) and 2 windows (Next to top hat and in the back below Catwalk)

I will Initially run around the ritual table, as soon as I get between 5-10+ zombies I run backwards on the right hand side and just headshot like crazy.  With a PaP weapon, turned, thunder wall, blast furnace its almost OP...... Did this till I got bored and quit out.... after 40+ its redundant.  Not enough time to put 4+ hours on a game as my daughter needs to be entertained after 2 hours LOL!

Edited by Exactice_808
16 hours ago, Ragdo11706 said:

@83457

Hahaha, I always say "Tram" to that's the funny part. I don't even know why I said "Train".

I called you out on Tram Station, because you called it 'the balcony of the theater': at first i thought you meant the stage in the theater, then i was like, 'wait, he means train/tram station by that, i think...'.

----

Exactice_808: I've had my share of fun in Nero's as well. All of the ritual locations are fairly easy to run.

I think the Black Lace wins on level of easy, it even has a margwa training course out front. Zombies inside, margwas outside. Ha.

------

Overall, i train or camp in all different spots, i love variety.

For solo games, Waterfront strategy is pretty fast and straight forward. Keep the door closed by the ctuhulu statue, and camp with your back to that door. Rounds in the 50's can be completed in around 2 minutes. 

I like to use alchemical antithesis, pop shocks and cache back, meaning you have a 3 in 5 chance when hitting the gobblegum machine of getting a gum that will allow you to camp. I always start the round in this spot, and if a Margwa spawns you can either throw a lil arnie, use pop shocks and continue to camp, or throw a lil arnie, bail out down the stairs and kill the Margwa in the rift. This is also the bail out strategy if ammo runs out. Always keep at least 2 shots in the WW, and one lil arnie and whenever ammo runs dry just run to the portal and train in the rift with vesper and blast furnace.

The sword is also surprisingly useful in this spot. If you don't have cache back or alchemical antithesis, start the round by throwing out the sword. You can run a small L or U shape in that room and the spawn rate is ridiculous. As soon as the sword runs out, camp by the door for 3 shots of the WW, which will recharge your sword, rinse and repeat.

31 minutes ago, 83457 said:

I called you out on Tram Station, because you called it 'the balcony of the theater': at first i thought you meant the stage in the theater, then i was like, 'wait, he means train/tram station by that, i think...'.

----

Exactice_808: I've had my share of fun in Nero's as well. All of the ritual locations are fairly easy to run.

I think the Black Lace wins on level of easy, it even has a margwa training course out front. Zombies inside, margwas outside. Ha.

------

Overall, i train or camp in all different spots, i love variety.

Haha, it was at this moment, Ragdoll knew he had F****D up!

_____

Shit, I like running Maggie's goofy ass on and off the stage inside the, "Black Lace". It's funny to watch her go up and down, like gee George which way did he go. 

All the Ritual zones are fun outside of "The Anvil". There's no way possible for that spot, except certain Death, or the Arbgwaoth which would be Very Nice. Still, somehow I always find myself in that damn "Rift", running laps around trains.

"Exercise the Demons"!

Anvil: you do have those crazy speed loads. I have no issue training in the anvil, they all climb in the ring, climb out of the ring, ad infinitum, as i loop it.

When the game was new, the Rift (Subway) was my go to, but then i found Junction to be more fun, but not super easy. By now, I've gotten sick of getting stuck on random glitches in the Subway. I usually do junction+canal, Ruby Rabbit, or Black lace until i get Fisty, then it doesn't matter where you go.

If i go to Rift/Subway, i usually run in the pap room by the altar now.

On 1/28/2016 at 3:43 PM, Ragdo11706 said:

I've found myself hanging out right outside of Ol' Rubys Rabbit. Fun place to kite the Zombies, shield is right there when you need it, and since I don't run using Q.R. I can easily access the C.P. whenever he drops dead.

With your loads, i found that real easy. Now, the loads drag out a little, so it's still fun there, but requires some more reverses than before.

Also, sometimes when I play survival-map style, I leave the $1250 Door and Ruby Rabbit closed there for fast loads.

Even just leaving RR closed speeds up the loads, with none loading upstairs. (I often play my "WaWbagger, the infinitely prolonged" survival map like this).

On 1/25/2016 at 0:50 AM, Ragdo11706 said:

Another good spot is the alley in Waterfront leading to the Rift. One person watch the Window, preferably using "Turned". The other 3 watch straight ahead, "Apothicon Servant", "Turned", "Blast Furnace", & "Lil Arnies" recommended.

I've thought of this a few times. What's great about it is the Rift; you have an escape if needed, and no zombies will come through normally*. If you get overrun and lose someone, you can go to Subway, reload et cetera, then go back through  the Rift and it will clear a space, then fire AS or throw LA to regain control, revive players. Then they can jump through the Rift and head to perks, or resume camping until safe to do so.

*(solo, zombies follow you through a Rift, but with 2 or more players, zombies run up through the Subway steps, or simply respawn, they don't follow you through a Rift. Unless this changed recently).

Window guy probably should have AS. I love the 'turned' idea for window watching (and camping, in general). 

Also, call in the CP since the switch is right there.

It's a shame that Trip Mines destroy your shield, but maybe that doesn't happen to another player, so you could throw your Trip Mine/BB at their feet for protection.

Feedback on Trip Mines versus other players' shields welcome.

Edited by 83457
* and CP mention.
59 minutes ago, 83457 said:

With your loads, i found that real easy. Now, the loads drag out a little, so it's still fun there, but requires some more reverses than before.

Also, sometimes when I play survival-map style, I leave the $1250 Door and Ruby Rabbit closed there for fast loads.

Even just leaving RR closed speeds up the loads, with none loading upstairs. (I often play my "WaWbagger, the infinitely prolonged" survival map like this).

I've thought of this a few times. What's great about it is the Rift; you have an escape if needed, and no zombies will come through normally*. If you get overrun and lose someone, you can go to Subway, reload et cetera, then go back through  the Rift and it will clear a space, then fire AS or throw LA to regain control, revive players. Then they can jump through the Rift and head to perks, or resume camping until safe to do so.

*(solo, zombies follow you through a Rift, but with 2 or more players, zombies run up through the Subway steps, or simply respawn, they don't follow you through a Rift. Unless this changed recently).

Window guy probably should have AS. I love the 'turned' idea for window watching.

It's a shame that Trip Mines destroy your shield, but maybe that doesn't happen to another player, so you could throw your Trip Mine/BB at their feet for protection.

Feedback on Trip Mines versus other players' shields welcome.

Yea bro, I believe Window Camping 4 players, each having Turned. Shit would be amazing, and fun too see honestly. I can't answer your question pertaining to the Trip-Mines/Bouncing Betties, I would like to think they wouldn't affect another players shield. However, in this game I'd almost be certain they do.

____

Normally I run Jugg, Widows Wine, Double Tap 2.0, Stamin-Up and/or Speed Cola, normally one or the other. Never both, dependant upon if I'm camping or running marathons.

I've been thinking here recently about trying to run on the main floor/first floor of "Rubys Rabbit". They come from 2 general directions, down the stairs & up the stairs. Although it'd be quite tight, in think it could be possible.

Further testing to be done by myself.

Well, your loads are different, but currently it doesn't run well. It's pretty fast for camping, but hard to do any circles or reverses there as the zombies stream in in 2 unbroken chains.

The altar floor is fairly easy, but no great place to headshot, just turn and burn (blast furnace), or use AS. Stay on the move around the couches and altar.

39 minutes ago, 83457 said:

Well, your loads are different, but currently it doesn't run well. It's pretty fast for camping, but hard to do any circles or reverses there as the zombies stream in in 2 unbroken chains.

The altar floor is fairly easy, but no great place to headshot, just turn and burn (blast furnace), or use AS. Stay on the move around the couches and altar.

Yea, I've seen Steve & Scottie run there. I've found that running in the shape of a Banana works a lot better than an actual circle.

This is continued information on Post 5's Canal Camping strategy above. ↑

-----

Canal Camp feedback: (The Unmazing method).

Using Dingo with fast mags, Turned-pap, and the autonomous sword, i was able to camp the Canal Fancy Grind strategy on round 35 without ever getting routed.

Speed cola is recommended, though the Dingo's fast mags did well without it. The Dredge48 reloads way too slow for that strategy, but i later tried the Gorgon with success. I feel that Turned is key to camping.

---

Remember to leave the $1000 Barrier above you closed. Steps can be down, all other Doors can be open.

Safest route if routed is down the steps by the CP switch, through the Subway via Rift, then come out of the Waterfront or Footlight Rift. Use traps as you move. Footlight Rift is best, in my opinion, if a Margwa is following you, as he will appear in Footlight ahead of the crowd for easy dispatch just in time to start camping again.

-----

Edit: more testing: Widow's Wine can be used here, especially with the AS; affected zombies will form a wall, blocking the zombies at the arch. Fire the AS, collect the spider drops. Then continue this method (alchemical antithesis helps), or switch back to Bulletgun + Turned.

Calling the Civil Protector makes this very easy, but cuts into points made. But after a certain point, he is necessary. He always drops into the water and fights*, so you only need to focus ahead. Note that he can be called from behind you in Canal, or as you pass through Junction or Footlight, so there is always a switch nearby. If you keep the Junction-Subway Door closed, the CP should follow you through the Rifts.

*(this changed recently, he tends to stay up by me after the recent patches, but he is still quite effective).

I drop Trip Mines behind me at the top of the steps, in case i back up, move forward, and get a straggler from behind; at least I'll get a warning sound.

When routed, i stop at the Canal trap (round 15 or higher) and wait, activate trap, wait until zombies begin to come the other ways. Head into Rift to Subway, turn and wait for zombies, shoot with Turned to Turn one, head to Rift to Footlight, but i don't enter it, i wait right in front of it and shoot zombies/margwa and then pull back. Once the Rift sends me to Footlight, i either shoot them as they come through, (hit CP switch?), or head by the GG machine to shoot margwa. Then i use the Footlight trap, sometimes just run back through it a few times, then i head back to canal and repeat. Possibly hitting CP switch as i pass through Footlight or Junction.

This whole path is rather wide and safe at all times. By following the same path, it is very comfortable with no surprises, making for longer games. Obviously, this isn't the fastest way to 100, but for folk like me that play for fun, it is a real treat to be able to stand one's ground for entire rounds in SoE.

Stock option is an option.

Armamental Accomplishment for faster swaps is an option.

With a combination of fast mags and speed cola, fireworks** or blast furnace can work at lower rounds. But you'll get routed more frequently.

**(Fireworks has been buffed and works well here, but may not proc fast enough. Dead Wire [buffed] actually works on lower rounds, then i recommend Turned).

The autonomous Reborn Sword can hold lower rounds on it's own.

This method can be used with other players. 2 can camp there easily. Also,  with less zombies per player, it is easier to camp here without getting routed. To avoid encroaching in another's area, if routed, run loops by RR workbench (call in CP if needed).

Happy camping!

Edited by 83457
Named for my GT. :) More feedback.

Civil Protector Camping: The idea is new and only really tested in Junction, so some speculation follows.*More testing has been done.

I've been trying some 'no beast' ideas and realized that one can get over 50 using mostly the CP (robot). Mid 50's, he starts making lots of crawlers and this method gets less desirable. But if you've never seen 50+, this may be your ticket.

Obviously this is safer with perks and pap, but even just grabbing Juggernog would do, you could skip pap. Shield is recommended.

I posted the idea in another thread, but i felt it should be mentioned here as a sort-of camp idea.

-----

The basic gist is to call in CP, and then just run around him as he kills. Between/during robots, simply fire your guns into the crowd for points for the robot ($2000), plus ammo (or new gun).

If you go down, CP picks you up.

I've used this method to get over 50, just running circles in Junction, right in front of the Civil Protector's switch.

Now, if you combine this with fast loads, like Ruby Rabbit, Nero's, and similar, it may even be fairly quick, if you can stay alive. (At least junction is real easy to do this, if not fast).

Just try to stay near a CP switch as you go through rounds.

---

No pap, in front of The Anvil with the beast door closed. But it's far from the switch. Maybe the box location by the WF CP switch? *By the CP switch is uncomfortable, but doable.

Running by the Footlight cthulu statue/CP? Kind of tight. *Or up by the Perk. Very hectic at higher rounds.

Canal, pap or not, keep the $1250 Doors by the CP switch closed (get to RR from Perk/Fuse area). Fight by the CP switch and $1250 Door. Edit: this last one requires you to do work as well. If too many are getting past him, open the $1250 door and run around by RR. *With Doors open, this was still rather effective and near the CP switch, circling by the M8A7 and workbench.

---

Weird, but surprisingly effective.

(Waits for Robot nerf to happen).

---

Edit: obviously, margwas are your biggest issue (besides robot glitches), so have a margwa path figured out. But remember: the cp usually won't use the rifts*, so you may want to run margwas where the CP could help you in the higher rounds, depending on your skill at dealing with them. If you are good with margwa, then deal with them as you normally would and then return. *edit: i think that if you leave the junction beast door closed, CP will use the Rifts (this has been changed slightly, but still a good idea for this).

If no pap, you will need a Ray Gun, or Wall Powered Krm-262 for margwa on later rounds (you don't really need the AS at all). As far as point guns go, use anything and spray the crowd, when it's out, simply grab another wallgun. Most guns will earn enough to pay for CP + another gun, or more ammo for the gun in hand. Obviously get guns near where you are playing so you don't run halfway across the map for ammo constantly. In the 50s the L-CAR-9 was fine for running Junction CP, so don't over think your bullet gun.

2+ players: One clearly does not need the AS for this, especially for Junction. So this could be a good 'second player' strategy in a 2 player game: one rocks the AS (and Blast Furnace), one rolls with the CP (Ray Gun [Margwa] and points gun-could have alternate ammo).

It's something different to try. Have fun.

-------

Edit again: trying to camp with the cp isn't anyways easy. He likes to look the wrong way at walls or sealed $doors. So, if not loping him, he tends to be stupid: besides facing away from zombies,  he will also get zombies stuck on him, trying to path to me, and he can't lower his gun to shoot. Derp.

I tried the waterfront camp by junction $door. He sucked.

I tried by the footlight junction door and he did function adequately. Unfortunately, i was alone and had ignored pap, so i had only regular ammo and couldn't hit 20 in that spot, but with Turned, and other players, cp could be useful here.

Edited by 83457
My crazy thoughts
  • 4 weeks later...

Easy Canal pooling strategy: Here's an obvious strategy to help new players get to 50+. It's training, pooling zombies for Blast Furnace* dispatch, rather than camping, but you move so little that it's almost camping (and i wasn't gonna make a new thread just for this). Easy, and boring as baseball.

*(Blast Furnace counts toward gun leveling. BF or FW are recommended. Any gun could work, but the idea is to rarely move from this spot, hence the M8A7).

Perks: Juggernog, Widow's Wine, (Double Tap 2 helps).

Weapons: Rocket Shield (built at canal), M8A7 (pap'd BF)(on wall at location), (Reborn Sword helps), Ray Gun for Margwa, and/or Apothicon Servant for emergencies, (Trip Mines/Bouncing Bettys help take out flyers), Lil Arnie is always welcome.

Simply gear up and head to the ritual circle by the Canal workbench. Walk circles until all are gathered, hip fire into the crowd until they ignite, walk a tight circle around the ignition spot until all are consumed/repeat until you die from boredom. Shield and ammo are always right there. I always go counter clockwise (easy for my giant hands/tiny xbox controller), at higher rounds, walk to 'the lighthouse' by the tram steps, while turning to view the RR steps for zombies to properly judge the openings in their line. Then, as you cross the zombie line coming down the RR steps, turn to view the Tram steps for line breaks/repeat. Grab shield or ammo as needed in the loop.

Margwas: loop around the map, return. My usual path: down into canal water, through subway, through Footlight, back to canal. Repeat as needed.

Happy gaming!

Team camps?

Knowing the spawns and actions of the zombies, I'd like to post some possible team camps. Advice always welcome. 

Margwas need consideration. 

* = very feasible. 

-------------------------

*Ragdo11's Rift: as mentioned above, camp by the Rift in Waterfront. 1-2 on window, 1-3 face the CP switch. Rift for escape. CP for help. This is one of the best I've considered. 

------------

CamPerk: With fuse area shut, camp Waterfront or Canal perk room. Bi directional fighting. *Canal offers easier escape with the $1000 barriers.

Waterfront, stand by perk, fight both ways. Death trap. 

--------

Canal perk area: Fuse area open. 1 on window, 3 others cover the 2 paths, likely 2 on kn44 path, 1 on $1000 barrier path. 

--------

*Train/terminals. Obvious and effective. Easy escape.

---------

Canal Devil-O camp. 2 watch arches.  1 watch out of map path, guy on stairs behind him. Margwa spawns there. 

----------

*Ruby Rabbit: the drop off above the red circle. Easy escape. 

Or

Death trap balcony: Go up and around until you get to the balcony or to the open area with the oriental rug. Either way, 2 face each direction. No easy escape.

-----------

*Waterfront walkway: by $1000 barrier above the dual $1250 doors. 2 face each way, drop below if overrun or margwa (if no margwa, reset by Rago11's Rift above). Great view.

-----------

The Anvil (Waterfront): camp along the side by Trip Mines. 2 stay low by TM wallbuy, 2 stay up top. Nearly a death trap, but lots of room to get backed up. Margwas are a pain. 

------------

Nero's Landing: Top of steps by fire escape. 2 on window, 2 on steps.

Or

Under steps: 1 on window, 2 on window side facing altar, 1 by phone.

Or

Above start. 1 on window. 2 on steps facing down Easy Street, 1 watches towards Nero's altar. Death trap.

----------

*Footlight Walkway: Camp near $1000 barrier opening (zombies don't climb up there). 2 face each way. The skinny walkway makes for easy dispatching. Drop down for escape.

-------------

*Waterfront or Footlight: back-open the district from tram. Camp by the junction door. Well known strategies.

Edit: i finally tried canal and it works. If you back-open canal, you can team camp by the junction-canal door. 1 focused on the window by the beast fire, 3 watch the 2 arches (and window by arch). Leave the steps up. None climb out of the water below the junction-canal door. Use door for emergency escape.

You can leave 2 of these 3 as camp spots in any game, so as one gets compromised,  you can set up at another. Needs testing for best order. 

-------------

*Canal's Canal: camp by Rift. Zombies come from 3 directions, but you also have a trap. Long views,  escape Rift. Nearby CP can be called. 

---------------

Remember;  Turned is a camper's friend. Servant creates escape opportunities or saves the day. Same with lil arnie. Trip mines keep the flyers dead. W'sW always helps. Reborn sword should be alternated by each player so 1 is always active. 

Happy camping! ♤♡♢♧

Edited by 83457
Canal