AntBirch90

What will/did you first permentally unlock after prestiging?

AntBirch90    3

As the title suggests I'm wondering what everyone else did in regards to permentally unlocking a weapon or GobbleGum. I've seen most people go for the level 35 GobbleGum but in truth I rarely ever use them and thinking it might be worth unlocking the Haymaker ... Any thoughts?

AntBirch90    3
1 hour ago, PortlyLlama80 said:

I was thinking about a gobblegum

Just realised why people aren't unlocking weapons ... It seems that you don't lose your weapon unlocks, camos or even weapon level but instead the weapon is relocked again until you reach the correct level. Which GobbleGum are you thinking?

Smok3y    42

I have hung onto my 1 unlock for now but seems most go with the last gobblegum alchemical antithesis?? I was considering unlocking my Drakon as I simply love this beast but it is already a best straight outta the box with no attachments. This then led me to believe maybe I should unlock the VMP as it is my most used gun by a country mile (Ive been playing the Giant almost exclusively) & all the attachments can make the difference in those early rounds, especially when fighting for kills in public lobbies.

After all of that I decided to just save it. On to the haymaker is this the go to gun?? I was in a lobby with someone who had 2 PaP'ed shotguns & he seemed to be dancing in the centre of the hordes of zombies !

Rissole25    378

For me it's just always gonna be GobbleGum's. The guns are already great, and while the attachments do improve them, I feel having access to later GobbleGum's earlier is just way more helpful.

AntBirch90    3

I might have to go for a weapon as I can't see myself using Gobble Gum's at all. That being said I've still not used my perm unlock and am considering using it for VMP also. The vesper is unlocking at level 4 otherwise I'd unlock that no doubt :)

Alchemical Antithesis guys. It's the best classic gobble gum by a mile. I'm not even 35 yet and I know that will be the first unlock for me 

• Like 2

Hells Warrrior    564
6 minutes ago, TimelordAlex said:

i for one wont be prestiging at all seeing as there is no incentive to do so

Seconded, I did it on Black Ops once or twice for little or no gain. Unless we get a seriously good reward, I refuse to prestige. 

The only thing it does do, is going into public lobby's folk will back out because of the "perceived" ability.

• Like 1

PINNAZ    476

I only Prestiged because I have never done so in CoD. Not a MP fan. 

I used my unlock on the final Gobblegum. Only because I still needed to complete that challenge but have done so now. 

I dont think there is any point unlocking a weapon because you will max that weapon out very quickly & then if you are only using that weapon, you are not leveling up others or completing other challenges. So unlocking Gobblegums is probably the best thing to do. Once you prestige & start unlocking the weapons again, try to use them & their attachments available in your next games so that you can level them up & grind out the reticles / Camos.  

But in hindsight, there is absolutely no reward for prestiging. But I'll probably keep going until I hit Prestige 10. Can't wait for next 2XP!

The Giant constant round 30's 2XP = Easy Prestige's

• Like 1

TimelordAlex    52

if we had access to bonus weapons or perks to use in game after prestiging (Mark 2 hint 3arc) i'd definitely do it, but you're just losing your gear for no real gain, i dont see reason in MP either and i never do

2 hours ago, Hells Warrrior said:

Seconded, I did it on Black Ops once or twice for little or no gain. Unless we get a seriously good reward, I refuse to prestige. 

The only thing it does do, is going into public lobby's folk will back out because of the "perceived" ability.

But... The prestige symbol... The glory... The compleationist drive!

That's the only reason I'll be prestiging, for the glory of saying I'm "X" prestige in zombies. It's never been my thing in multiplayer, and now I have a system where I can actually see how much progress I've really made in my favorite game mode.

TheDunbarian    14

Same as shirtless. I'm only prestiging just for the sake of having a goal. (Plus, I'm on Prestige 2 right now and I really don't like the emblem, especially compared to Prestige 1, so I gotta get rid of that soon.)

As for unlocks, on first prestige I unlocked Lucky Crit, since at the time I thought it more helpful than it actually is, and didn't know how helpful Alchemical Antithesis was. AA was my unlock for second prestige. Third prestige, I'll probably unlock Danger Closest, or maybe Armamental Achievement? I would take Sword Flay if it didn't unlock at such an early level. Point is, gumballs are the way to go with unlocks. Sure, attachments on weapons are useful, but not as game-changing as gumballs. Big difference: if a gun is locked, even though I can't put attachments or camos on it or level it at all, I can still use the gun, while the same isn't true for gumballs.

• Like 1

Awards

5 minutes ago, TheDunbarian said:

Big difference: if a gun is locked, even though I can't put attachments or camos on it or level it at all, I can still use the gun, while the same isn't true for gumballs.

This ^^^^^^^

This is why gumballs are simply a better choice as prestige unlocks. Plus, all the wall weapons unlock pretty early on anyway, so unlocking the weapons you're going to be using the most anyway (most likely) isn't really an efficient choice.

• Like 2

BEYOND    1

Alchemical Antithesis. It's the only GobbleGum late in the progression that does anything for me. Lucky Crit and Arsenal Accelerator don't really seem necessary. I can't imagine I'll use a future unlock token on a weapon, but if I do it'll have to be one of the later weapons such as the Man-o-War or Gorgon.

• Like 1

Tattoo247    118

I ended up getting the lvl 35 gobble gum, that lets you revieve ammo instead of points.

I only got it because I prestige as soon as I hit 35, so I didn't get a chance to try it. I WAS planning on going all the way in prestige, but if it's true that there is no reward at all, then I might reconsider.

• Like 1

xanman86    1

Alchemical Antithesis on first prestige

Arsenal Accelerator on second prestige 

Thinking about the Haymaker next and then prob the snipers because it'll be nice to get the scopes off of them from now on. Not sure if any of the other GobbleGums are worth it but I'll probably unlock one or two more of them in later prestige levels.

• Like 1

Chopper    188

Anthithesis first, Drakon 2nd.

I will continue to Prestige as I don't see any reason not to.  That's from a solo viewpoint, if I played more coop that might be different.

Thesis first because duh, Drakon 2nd as if I really wanted to whore XP that's going to be the quickest way even including lots of potential box trips.  Having no sites turns that gun into something truly frightening.

• Like 1

PINNAZ    476

After Prestiging twice & about to prestige again, I retract my earlier comment about not unlocking weapons. UNLOCK MYSTERY BOX WEAPONS!!!

For my 2nd Prestige I unlocked the Dingo. I had already maxed it out & I was grinding out the 2XP camping in The Giant. For my 3rd unlock I will probably go for the Drakon. Semi Automatic Sniper, 16 shots (20 when PaP'd?) fairly large Ammo count too. 1 shot head kill even in the late 20/30's. And it can kill 3 maybe 4 with one shot if they are lined up. Put the ELO Optic sight on it & you have an awesome gun. 

4th Prestige I would probably go with the Haymaker. Had some great fun with that too. I even enjoyed the Brecci 205 once I had maxed it out & unlocked all attachments.

As others have said, wall weapons unlock early in the level count, so if you have them maxed out with all attachments, there's no real need to unlock them with your prestige tokens. 

All of the Classic Gumballs essentially do F.A. They are only good for completing the challenge calling cards which essentially do F.A. too. Classics all have short lasting time frames & most of them activate immediately, you can loose time with them if you buy them at the end of the round & have to wait for the spawns to come in. 

So in my experience, I will unlock Mystery Box Weapons. One of each gun type. 

jross cway    6

Unlock drakon then dingo. That's what I did. I always run this combo on high round anyways (I trade the dingo for ww on soe) the drakon is amazing oh shit weapon with great ammo and longevity.

(^---My opinion)

But Do what fits your play style. I think unlocking alchemical antithesis first is stupid. There are so many other outlets to get max ammo I personally find the other gum balls better anyways.

Awards

83457    263
On 11/23/2015 at 9:04 AM, TimelordAlex said:

i for one wont be prestiging at all seeing as there is no incentive to do so

Mostly agree. But there isn't really a reason not to either. My reasoning is, the guns attachments don't work yet, so they are basically the same no matter what. If you (prestige) unlock the last GG, then you already have access to most of the usable GG by the time that you reach level 10 again. If you have a favorite gun, unlock that and have that be the (as of this writing) sole gun that you can put attachments on. Either way, after like 3rd prestige (and the unlocks), you always have everything that you want and if they add bonus stuff for prestiged folk, then you are already there.

My 1/50th of a dollar...

----

1st unlock was Alchemical Antithesis.

2nd unlock was Armamental Accomplishment.

3rd: Arsenal Accelerator. Just because i didn't know what else and wanted to try this one out more.

----

To the poster asking about the haymaker:

It easily kills Mawgra, light on movement, clears a path in a pinch. Use it sparingly as it's light on ammo. Good if you're not fisting the squid. Brecci (sp?) Seems better.

Also, it is late level (35?), and if you like to prestige then you won't see it much unless you permunlock it. 

Edited by 83457

TimelordAlex    52

the only thing that would make me prestige is a reward - keeping one thing out of many things you just unlocked is not a reward. Put it this way, if prestiging meant i could eventually unlock the the ray gun mark 2, i'd do it right now, but you get nothing additional for doing it so i wont be.