So, The New Patch

With the new patch, there looks to be a difference in the Zombies behaviour.

They seem to be a lot less aggressive on the early rounds, and generally have a slower response time, similar to Black Ops 2 Zombies. It looks like that there may be a lot more walkers than usual per round too, and they have new walking animations.

Also, as the rounds progress Zombies run much faster, similar to Zombies that are struck by George in Call of the Dead, or Zombies who chase after the Tank in Origins.

So, I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed this too? I don't knowwhy Treyarch have done this, but if I had to guess it would be because of the difficulty casual players have been having in Zombies. I mean, I know a guy who couldn't make it to Round 10 on The Giant, but he's just finished playing a Round 23 game.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else notice if the Wunderwaffe has been buffed? I tried it out a few times yesterday and it seemed to kill all zombies it chained instantly, albeit after a brief few seconds making the initial chain. Didn't see any crawlers or zombies continuing to beat me down.

They definitely nerfed early round zombies though. The animation is as if they are caught up in the Widows Wine web. Pretty funny.

4 minutes ago, DeathBringerZen said:

Anyone else notice if the Wunderwaffe has been buffed? I tried it out a few times yesterday and it seemed to kill all zombies it chained instantly, albeit after a brief few seconds making the initial chain. Didn't see any crawlers or zombies continuing to beat me down.

Was that with the regular Wunderwaffe or the PAP'ed version? Because, the normal Wunderwaffe has always worked that way, at least for me anyway. I think the issue is when it is PAP'ed it starts to create crawlers, and doesn't have the chain effect.

5 minutes ago, DeathBringerZen said:

It was the unpacked version. Was only testing it because it showed up in the box during a spin so I though I would check it out. Didn't try the packed version yet.

Yeah, the regular Wunderwaffe works fine, except for the chain delay. The PAP'ed version really does need a buff though. Also, does anyone know if the Monkey Bombs have been patched either?

40 minutes ago, Spider3000 said:

Yeah, the regular Wunderwaffe works fine, except for the chain delay. The PAP'ed version really does need a buff though. Also, does anyone know if the Monkey Bombs have been patched either?

It doesn't work fine. At least it didn't yesterday, perhaps it has been fixed in the newest patch. I got it yesterday and the gun did nothing. Like I shoot it into a crowd of zombies and nothing happens and you don't even get +10...and it was like that even after using up the ammo and getting max ammos, just had to trade it out since it was literally useless. I really hope they've fixed it, Der Reise wouldn't be the same without a proper working Wunderwaffe.

2 hours ago, Spider3000 said:

With the new patch, there looks to be a difference in the Zombies behaviour.

They seem to be a lot less aggressive on the early rounds, and generally have a slower response time, similar to Black Ops 2 Zombies. It looks like that there may be a lot more walkers than usual per round too, and they have new walking animations.

Also, as the rounds progress Zombies run much faster, similar to Zombies that are struck by George in Call of the Dead, or Zombies who chase after the Tank in Origins.

So, I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed this too? I don't knowwhy Treyarch have done this, but if I had to guess it would be because of the difficulty casual players have been having in Zombies. I mean, I know a guy who couldn't make it to Round 10 on The Giant, but he's just finished playing a Round 23 game.

I'm not sure if i follow you logic on that last part, as the faster more aggressive zombies are a lot tougher in my opinion.  I agree I have no idea why they would change it when it wasn't a problem before hand.  I havent' played any SOE since the patch, but that im sure is a nightmare for casuals with the verruckt-speed sprinters

And about the WW, i thought it was confirmed that it did the crawler thing only when  you had another gun re-packed with Dead Wire?   So i don't know if that wqas fixed, but if you ever are getting the WW crawler glitch just repack you other weapons to something other than deadwire 

51 minutes ago, TimelordAlex said:

Apparently, monkeys have been fixed, the wunderwaffe has been fixed apparently, but some say it hasnt, can anyone confirm if they've fixed the chain time? Not sure how i feel about insane runners in high rounds, low rounds were fine, the zombie run speeds were fine, its the hitting speed they needed to change.

What do you mean the monkeys are fixed? Can you run through a pile of them now without them agrroing?

If it wasn't for the secret perk machine, I wouldn't even bother with getting monkey bombs now....unless they make it like the old way where you can get close to them and they ignore you.

Edited by Tattoo247
21 minutes ago, The Clay Bird said:

I'm not sure if i follow you logic on that last part, as the faster more aggressive zombies are a lot tougher in my opinion.  I agree I have no idea why they would change it when it wasn't a problem before hand.  I havent' played any SOE since the patch, but that im sure is a nightmare for casuals with the verruckt-speed sprinters

Hmm, yes that's true. Zombies on the higher rounds are much more difficult. It's a bit of an odd choice for Treyarch to make. But when it came to my friends at least, the most difficult part was setting up for a game. They would often fail around the Round 10 area. Perhaps Treyarch decided they would make the earlier rounds easier, so more casual players could be set up and prepared for the higher, more difficult rounds.

24 minutes ago, The Clay Bird said:

And about the WW, i thought it was confirmed that it did the crawler thing only when  you had another gun re-packed with Dead Wire?   So i don't know if that wqas fixed, but if you ever are getting the WW crawler glitch just repack you other weapons to something other than deadwire 

Oh, is that what it is? Thanks for the tip.

1 hour ago, steviewonder87 said:

It doesn't work fine. At least it didn't yesterday, perhaps it has been fixed in the newest patch. I got it yesterday and the gun did nothing. Like I shoot it into a crowd of zombies and nothing happens and you don't even get +10...and it was like that even after using up the ammo and getting max ammos, just had to trade it out since it was literally useless. I really hope they've fixed it, Der Reise wouldn't be the same without a proper working Wunderwaffe.

I was wondering about the number of Zombies it chained. But it does still chain even if there is a few seconds delay. But yeah, it still isn't really anywhere near as good as it was in the other games, though I still think it's fine, at least compared to the glitched Pack-A-Punched version anyway. 

31 minutes ago, Spider3000 said:

Hmm, yes that's true. Zombies on the higher rounds are much more difficult. It's a bit of an odd choice for Treyarch to make. But when it came to my friends at least, the most difficult part was setting up for a game. They would often fail around the Round 10 area. Perhaps Treyarch decided they would make the earlier rounds easier, so more casual players could be set up and prepared for the higher, more difficult rounds.

Oh, is that what it is? Thanks for the tip.

I was wondering about the number of Zombies it chained. But it does still chain even if there is a few seconds delay. But yeah, it still isn't really anywhere near as good as it was in the other games, though I still think it's fine, at least compared to the glitched Pack-A-Punched version anyway. 

Yeh but that's not what I meant. At best, it chains maybe 5 and kills them, usually with a delay. At worst (what I'm talking about) it gives you a total glitched out 'dud' version that does literally nothing, you can't physically damage zombies with it. Me and my friend have both experienced this on different games. I hope that's been patched now.in addition to the 'proper' one actually working like it's supposed to.

Just now, steviewonder87 said:

Yeh but that's not what I meant. At best, it chains maybe 5 and kills them, usually with a delay. At worst (what I'm talking about) it gives you a total glitched out 'dud' version that does literally nothing, you can't physically damage zombies with it. Me and my friend have both experienced this on different games. I hope that's been patched now.in addition to the 'proper' one actually working like it's supposed to.

Huh, well I've never personally had this "dud" version. Either way, if it hasn't been patched by now, I have no doubt that Treyarch are working hard on it. It is disappointing though, how many bugs and glitches have been in this game so far.

16 minutes ago, Spider3000 said:

Huh, well I've never personally had this "dud" version. Either way, if it hasn't been patched by now, I have no doubt that Treyarch are working hard on it. It is disappointing though, how many bugs and glitches have been in this game so far.

I just watched Dalek's video on the patch and he brought it up, so I guess it was fairly common, and apparently is has been fixed. However if you pick up a special (the Annihilator or a sword) and you have 2 guns + a special with no Mule Kick, then if you go down it takes all your points and weapons and Sam laughs as they think you are cheating holding 3 weapons. It's an old anitcheat thing since BO1 I think. So guess another patch will be out soon to fix that...

19 hours ago, The Clay Bird said:

I was getting crawlers from the packed Wunderwaffe without having a secondary weapon packed so I am sure the bug was there regardless of the rest of your loadout. Hope it is fixed though because the Wunderwaffe was your get out of jail running weapon for high round runs and playing without it feels strange.

was waiting for someone to post about this... i like that they changed the animations, now they don't just walk straight at you with barely any head movement.

they also changed how many bullets a zombie can take before dying now too.

now you can get an extra bullet in before knifing for a kill on rounds past round 2.

(360)

I've noticed that Beast can't zap while running anymore, the zap lags usually even after you stop, and there is a 1-5 second lag before most grapple spots can be used. Especially by waterfront, if you try to do the 2 grapples, the second one just won't light up for several seconds since the patch.

The Bowie knife no longer takes $3000 and gives a 1 gun glitch with no knife while still telling you that you can buy it.

They made the fliers much more aggressive.

You can now revive teammates. That's a plus. You could occasionally pull it off before, but it was extremely difficult.

---

They added these glitches; choosing GG menu, as well as choosing attachments for guns menus all make the DMF noise for no apparent reason.

Reload glitch has been added like previous zombie maps so that, while standing still, you may have to reload up to 3 times before the ammo actually reloads. All guns, but especially the start pistol. This never occurred before the 11.20.2015 patch, now it is every single game.

---

Attachments for wallbuys still only work on the last gun that you equip them to.

Max ammos are often still dropped on top of train, in walls, or high in the air out of reach when dropped by Wasps/pork balls.

When downed, you usually still keep jumping in place. If this happens in solo, you nearly bleed out before QR revives you (it takes at least twice as long while your screen is jumping).

---

I guess since this was ported (360 version) by a different group than Trollarch, it explains why there is so many less glitches than bo1 or bo2 or WaW, ha.