WCRobinson

Revisiting the Siberian Outpost

WCRobinson    3

I have been thinking about old maps and the story quite a bit recently, and playing Call of the Dead did two things: made me remember what an awesome map it is (basically playing as Buffy = yes), and caused me to think the location needs to be revisited.

There are a lot of secrets about that location, with testing and the like supposedly having happened there. It could tell us a lot about the story, and also I think it would be really interesting to see what happened to the 4 characters we played as there... that could even be another EE for the map. The V-R11 could play a big role too, with the added emphasis on the Vril we seem to be getting. Also, it is such a good map visually, and with the new consoles, it could look sooooo nice.

Leave me your thoughts on what they could do :)

Awards

Tac    462

Seeing a new Call of the Dead could be fun, especially with next-gen capabilities on the weather and environment.  While I agree that the map has a lot of potential lore to be discovered (and I mean a lot), I don't think it'll come.  Boy, wouldn't I wish it would though.  I can't think of what I would like to see them do to it, specifically, but playing with the water and even revisiting to see George still kickin' would be fun :p

WCRobinson    3

I think I saw someone say how it could be the original characters with some sort of Maxis as George (possessing him/something else?). Would be awesome, with little traces around the map of what happened to the other four.

Please make this happen, Treyarch.

Edited by WCRobinson
Punctuation

Awards

TheDunbarian    14

I think I said in another topic that of all the maps that could possibly be remade, CotD would make more sense than most. Even though Treyarch has confirmed that they don't plan to revisit any other maps in the near future, a guy can still dream.

Likely, were it remade, it would feature the original characters rather than the actors - mainly because it would probably be a pain for Treyarch to book all four of those actors (and George Romero) again, but also because the actors are in a completely different timeline, and because of how the story is going, the crew would likely visit the Siberian base in a completely different time (even in the original CotD, Richtofen told the crew that he had traveled further into the future than he had intended). My suggestion was that "George" be some version of Maxis (from one universe or another), but there are probably lots of other good options for characters to replace George with.

Also, "Not Ready to Die" is my favorite zombies song ever. Hopefully they wouldn't ruin it like they did with "Beauty of Annihilation"...

Edited by TheDunbarian

Awards

Not sure about Call of the Dead but doesn't that new moon loading screen basically confirm a remake of Moon since the same thing happened with the Giant? Call of the Dead would be awesome remade, especially if Georges mechanics were tweaked.

TheDunbarian    14

An altered loading screen doesn't come close to confirming anything. I'm sure they certainly mean something by it (and god, I hope it is a Moon remake) but honestly, I could see it just being an opening cutscene for a map or something, that features someone flipping through the zombies comic book, with most/all of the pages altered due to the changing timeline.

(but i really want a moon remake so i hope im wrong)

• Like 1

Awards

WCRobinson    3
4 hours ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

Not sure about Call of the Dead but doesn't that new moon loading screen basically confirm a remake of Moon since the same thing happened with the Giant? Call of the Dead would be awesome remade, especially if Georges mechanics were tweaked.

New loading screen? Is this an update to Black Ops or something on BOIII? Didn't know about this!

Awards

WCRobinson    3
4 hours ago, TheDunbarian said:

Also, "Not Ready to Die" is my favorite zombies song ever. Hopefully they wouldn't ruin it like they did with "Beauty of Annihilation"...

Sorry, double post. A) That song is awesome! One of the best, in my opinion. B) Ruined it? I really like the remix. :)

Awards

Castun50    16

We have to remember that the O4 and the superstars that were there are all in the future (supposidly) however i doubt we will see any super stars or george romero if this were to happen, i think we would see an expansion on the map or we would see the place more so as the researching and everything that happened there according to the radios that were placed.  also i think the lighthouse would again be important as well as one of the biggest mysteries from COTD the submarine and the signal. i think we will go back to this map but it will not be the same map there will be a lot of changes to answer questions as well as figure out what is going on. IMO

Awards

Tac    462
On 11/20/2015, 4:12:08, WCRobinson said:

New loading screen? Is this an update to Black Ops or something on BOIII? Didn't know about this!

The new loading screen was seen in a trailer for only a few seconds. Here's the CoDz link:  http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/index.php?/topic/180129-new-moon-loading-screen/

TheDunbarian    14
On 11/21/2015, 8:35:35, Castun50 said:

We have to remember that the O4 and the superstars that were there are all in the future (supposidly) however i doubt we will see any super stars or george romero if this were to happen, i think we would see an expansion on the map or we would see the place more so as the researching and everything that happened there according to the radios that were placed.  also i think the lighthouse would again be important as well as one of the biggest mysteries from COTD the submarine and the signal. i think we will go back to this map but it will not be the same map there will be a lot of changes to answer questions as well as figure out what is going on. IMO

We have to remember that we're now in an entirely different universe from the original CotD and the O4. I think the easter egg might be slightly different, as would certain other easter eggs, but other than that, I think the layout and content map would be the same - like a Giant-style remake.

Awards

Castun50    16
On 11/22/2015, 6:43:11, TheDunbarian said:

We have to remember that we're now in an entirely different universe from the original CotD and the O4. I think the easter egg might be slightly different, as would certain other easter eggs, but other than that, I think the layout and content map would be the same - like a Giant-style remake.

true, however but i dont think it would be to much different. after all it would be a twisted universe not really changed much but more twisted. kinda like the giant. makes you wonder if anything we find in the giant was in der riese (WaW) and we just missed it. after all they did say we missed stuff right?

Awards

TheDunbarian    14
57 minutes ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

Am I the only one that doesn't want to revisit any more maps? 

If you mean you don't want them to revisit old maps rather than making new ones, then no, I'm with you on that.

If you mean you don't want them to revisit old maps at all - even if it's in addition to the expected new maps - then yes, you are the only one. I want more BO3 maps, even if they're old ones.

• Like 1

Awards

SAAAAAAAMMMMMEEEE 

16 hours ago, TheDunbarian said:

If you mean you don't want them to revisit old maps rather than making new ones, then no, I'm with you on that.

If you mean you don't want them to revisit old maps at all - even if it's in addition to the expected new maps - then yes, you are the only one. I want more BO3 maps, even if they're old ones.

Actually, yeah, I don't want developers wasting precious time re-creating a map we've already seen when they could be working on a map that would otherwise be twice as good. Quality over quantity essentially.