Sign in to follow this  
steviewonder87

Do you keep gumballs if you don't take them from the machine?

So if you have one of the limited rare gumballs, and you get it from the machine, but you don't actually accept it, does that still count as one 'usage' or do you keep it until you actually take it?

Awards

83457    263
1 hour ago, steviewonder87 said:

So if you have one of the limited rare gumballs, and you get it from the machine, but you don't actually accept it, does that still count as one 'usage' or do you keep it until you actually take it?

I have been trying to watch for that answer, but am not sure.

My guess (from playing zombies since waw and dealing with trollarch's mentality): if it pops up/gets purchased, it is used up, even if you don't take it. Again, this is just my guess.

Maybe I'll throw 5 crappier megas in the machine and hit it and back out and recheck my mega counts later.

MegaAfroMan    117

One thing I do know, is if you have empty mega gum in your pack, you can still spin it, but it will be glowing white and will inform you that you are out of  *Mega name here* . Then the gumball machine will chew it up and I believe you get your 500 points back.

I would think not taking the gum doesn't actually use it up, as it is a choice you have to make when you put rare gums in your pack, but I don't know.

• Like 1

83457    263
29 minutes ago, MegaAfroMan said:

One thing I do know, is if you have empty mega gum in your pack, you can still spin it, but it will be glowing white and will inform you that you are out of  *Mega name here* . Then the gumball machine will chew it up and I believe you get your 500 points back.

I would think not taking the gum doesn't actually use it up, as it is a choice you have to make when you put rare gums in your pack, but I don't know.

The correct answer is that it does NOT remove the MGG from your inventory.

I had 18 'x2' MGGs, bought a ball, it was 'x2', i waited for it to go away, then left the game and still had 18 'x2'.

Edit: MAM, were you able to use the machine again that round, after getting the dead draw? Or did you get the 'come back next round' dialog box? Or didn't you try? Thanks.

Edited by 83457
?

24 minutes ago, MegaAfroMan said:

Yes I was aware of this, it's actually the reason this question came to mind. I had used a Perkaholic earlier in the game (still had all my perks) and hit the gumball machine and got it again, but it said 'out of this flavour' or w/e. But I only had 1 Perkaholic going into the game, if I had had 2, would it have given me it again and effectively wasted it? Or could I just reject it and keep it for another day? I'm leaning towards the latter as it's the only reason I can think of as to why they would deliver gumballs in such a way so as to give you the option to reject it if you wish, rather than say hitting the gumball machine and it automatically giving it to the player and forcing the 'eating' animation to play.

Awards

83457    263

I posted right before you, Steve, so I'm not sure if you caught the answer, but i tested it and you do keep the mega ball in your inventory if you don't take it from the machine. (360 version at least).

Happy gaming!

Naitrax    67
12 minutes ago, 83457 said:

I posted right before you, Steve, so I'm not sure if you caught the answer, but i tested it and you do keep the mega ball in your inventory if you don't take it from the machine. (360 version at least).

Happy gaming!

Can confirm this happens on PS4/One as well.

59 minutes ago, steviewonder87 said:

Yes I was aware of this, it's actually the reason this question came to mind. I had used a Perkaholic earlier in the game (still had all my perks) and hit the gumball machine and got it again, but it said 'out of this flavour' or w/e. But I only had 1 Perkaholic going into the game, if I had had 2, would it have given me it again and effectively wasted it? Or could I just reject it and keep it for another day? I'm leaning towards the latter as it's the only reason I can think of as to why they would deliver gumballs in such a way so as to give you the option to reject it if you wish, rather than say hitting the gumball machine and it automatically giving it to the player and forcing the 'eating' animation to play.

It would have let you choose to grab it again if you had 2. However, you could simply let it go back in and you wouldn't use it.

A real handy tip about GobbleGum is if you accidentally grab one that you didn't want to use yet, simply disconnect from the game and it won't use it. I have no idea if this works for the Activates Immediately gumballs but it works for Killing Time and the other purples.

• Like 1

TheDunbarian    14

Some basic GobbleGum mechanics from my experience:

- If the machine gives you a Mega and you don't take it, it will not count as a usage

- If you don't take the gumball the machine gives you, you will still have to wait until the next round before purchasing another

- If you have multiple of one type of Mega gumball, you can use as many of them as you want in one game until you run out (each time you accept one counts as one "usage")

- If a Mega gumball is in your pack but you don't have any of that gumball (either because you used your last one earlier in the game or because your pack includes a gumball that you have 0 of) it is still possible for the machine to give you that gumball, in the form of a white gumball that you can't accept

- This is likely to prevent people from filling their packs with one or two gumballs they actually want and fill the rest with Megas they don't have, as to assure they get those particular gumballs every time

- Disconnecting from a game allows you to keep all of your Mega gumballs, even if you used one that game

Hopefully that answers a lot of the questions being asked on this thread!

Edited by TheDunbarian
  • Like 3

Awards