Ricthofen quote pointing to EE?

Kill_All_Monkeys

So as I'm sure many of you have heard while playing as Ricthofen, and I don't know if this can only be heard in solo or not but so far  it's the only time I hear it, he has a quote around when round 2 starts where he starts freaking out about what he needs to do and then tries to calm himself so he can focus on his objective. But during his brief panic he starts listing off things he needs to do such as "find a vessel for Maxis" and "open the gateway" (I think he said gateway). Doing the EE in The Giant so far activates a beacon of some sort to allow for Maxis to locate the O4. There is mention of a possible second beacon with the radios that could be a part of opening this gateway for Maxis, or maybe even something to do with the vessel for him.

I just find it odd that he practically outlines what sounds like an EE we're used to right at the beginning of a match and all we do is the same brief EE from the original maps. I know they refer to this as a bonus map that more or less sets up the story going forward with the DLC maps, which is a neat idea but I was kind of a expecting a lot more from this map and the last trailer for it certainly alluded to as much. 

Also I apologize if I'm behind on anything already discovered in the map that points to a definitive yes or no to the continuation of the EE as my laptop breaking down literally the day before BO3 came out has really kind of kept me out of the loop more than I would've liked and I will be very happy to have it back soon.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

So one of the things that's interesting is that his quote is almost identical to what he says in the beginning of Origins: "I must work quickly, there is so much to do. A vessel for Maxis, the staffs, the opening of the gateway."

One could argue there's not really an EE but he's just saying things he remembers, or something weird like that.  I don't know how much I buy that, but it's interesting to think about.

14 minutes ago, Tac said:

So one of the things that's interesting is that his quote is almost identical to what he says in the beginning of Origins: "I must work quickly, there is so much to do. A vessel for Maxis, the staffs, the opening of the gateway."

One could argue there's not really an EE but he's just saying things he remembers, or something weird like that.  I don't know how much I buy that, but it's interesting to think about.

Him travelling around time and stuff is confusing his priorities, along with the 115 its messing with his mind.

The quote you're talking about is exactly what he says at the beginning of round 2 on Origins (although he replaces "the staffs" with "the radios" in The Giant). He then realizes what he's saying and stops himself, saying, "Nein! I'm getting confused! Curse these 115-induced delusions!" 115 exposure and usage is beginning to affect the memories of all four characters, including Richtofen. It's most likely for a second that he got confused and thought he was back in 1919 France... but wasn't entirely out of it because he did mention the radios.

Huh, I totally forgot that from Origins. And I didn't even take the quote about 115 hallucinations into account. I just took that with Dempsey's quote about his memory starting to fade as the O4 slipping back into their former selves. So I guess it's just more of a interesting little connection to Origins and the ongoing story. Disappointed that it isn't really pointing to a larger EE in The Giant but it is a nice little throwback on its own.