How many swords are there?

I was under the impression there were only 2 swords in SoE. The non-upgraded 'lightning' type one, and the upgraded 'fire' type one. However on the wiki it says this -

The Apothicon Swords[1] are four Wonder Weapons in Call of Duty: Black Ops III on Shadows of Evil. The weapons are elemental based, and can be upgraded. The four Apothicon Swords are the Maroth Zorguamat, Ullamargor Zortuk, Astanar Nethurgast, and Shubozzor Ullagua.

http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Apothicon_Swords

So what's the deal? Is this just bollocks? Did someone just make these up and post them there as a troll or is there something more to this?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, Lizizadolphin said:

There are actually 4 swords in the map, one for each character. Each sword is individually named but have the same function. Blue swords, or Apothicon swords, aren't upgraded but can be, in which they become the Reborn or Keepers sword (more powerful and changed ability).

But there are only 2 sword models right? The non-upgraded and upgraded? Just the names are changed? Or are they completely unique?

3 minutes ago, steviewonder87 said:

But there are only 2 sword models right? The non-upgraded and upgraded? Just the names are changed? Or are they completely unique?

Each of the swords might have different engravings on it, you would need multiple people to really check and see, but the effect of the swords is always the same depending on the model (upgraded or not). Just the name changes, potentially some of the symbols on it.

6 minutes ago, steviewonder87 said:

Yes, there are 2 sword models, non-upgraded and upgraded. The names are changed and I think there's maybe a difference in what the swords can do but that's about it.

If they went to the trouble of slightly changing the engravings and changing the names for each character, why didn't they make 4 different elemental versions then? Instead of 4 lightning ones, and 4 fire ones all the same? Would have made it a lot more fun with multiple sword elements to try out, they just need to change the colours and the fx anyway, it wouldn't have been hard to do.

36 minutes ago, steviewonder87 said:

If they went to the trouble of slightly changing the engravings and changing the names for each character, why didn't they make 4 different elemental versions then? Instead of 4 lightning ones, and 4 fire ones all the same? Would have made it a lot more fun with multiple sword elements to try out, they just need to change the colours and the fx anyway, it wouldn't have been hard to do.

When you find out why they didn't put them in let us know. I think its just lazy honestly, given the 3 years of development... But we would probably complain about how the upgrade progress was the same no matter what so they would have had to develop that too. Its weighing the options, I think overall having all the swords be the same thing was an okay decision, because it allows them to homogenize the upgrade process.

I just kind of figured the reason they were all the same was, so there was no arguments or people leaving games because they didn't get the one they wanted.

Correct me if I'm wrong but, I could've sworn in the reveal trailer more than 2 models were shown. Are there different models dependent upon the character you are, yet they all have the same effect. If so that's crazy I've never noticed that before.