Irish Hybrid

PHD Flopper

I was just contemplating whether it is possible that PHD Flopper can somehow return in Black Ops 3 zombies. It is one of my all time favorite perks, but is there any way it can be reincorporated into zombies, even though you can no longer dolphin dive?

Rissole25    378

If it ever is reincorporated, it would have to be PhD Slider. However, I don't think it will. The no explosive damage is a gumball now. So unless they alter PhD to not have that effect (which a lot of people only bought it for), I don't think it will.

AntBirch90    3
5 hours ago, Rissole25 said:

If it ever is reincorporated, it would have to be PhD Slider. However, I don't think it will. The no explosive damage is a gumball now. So unless they alter PhD to not have that effect (which a lot of people only bought it for), I don't think it will.

There's other Gobble Gums which do the same thing as perk-a-colas so it I don't think it matters. I've been told that there's the jingle for the PhD Flopper machine is in the game files.

TimelordAlex    52

The jingle was in the beta leak. The only way it might return is if they bring back a BO1 map that had it on and it might return as PHD slider (there would be uproar if they brought back Moon for instance and PHD was not on it.)

• Like 2

AntBirch90    3
1 hour ago, TimelordAlex said:

The jingle was in the beta leak. The only way it might return is if they bring back a BO1 map that had it on and it might return as PHD slider (there would be uproar if they brought back Moon for instance and PHD was not on it.)

My vote is to remake moon then and since they're at it they might as well throw it into the Giant map (make all 8 perks obtainable as well) :D

TimelordAlex    52

i was disappointed there were not more perks on the giant tbh, and both Stamin-Up and DD should be obtainable

• Like 1

TheDunbarian    14
On 11/17/2015, 11:07:28, TimelordAlex said:

i was disappointed there were not more perks on the giant tbh, and both Stamin-Up and DD should be obtainable

Sometimes I feel like the only one who doesn't feel the need to have every perk on every map... That said, yeah, I agree that both Staminup and Deadshot should be available, even if only one machine appears and the other has to be obtained by perk bottle/gumball.

As for bringing PhD back, how would the "sliding" work? The flopping was easy - explosion as soon as you hit the ground. But what about sliding? Is there just an explosion at the end of the slide? What if you're stopped by a zombie? Will the explosion go off immediately, or will you be screwed? Also, flopping was balanced because you needed to actually get some air for it to activate - you couldn't just flop anywhere. How would sliding work?

One solution is to have it leave a trail of flames behind you for a few seconds, that burns zombies napalm explosion-style when they walk through it (although probably less powerful - can't have a perk effect be a 1-hit kill forever).

On 11/17/2015, 4:33:09, AntBirch90 said:

There's other Gobble Gums which do the same thing as perk-a-colas so it I don't think it matters.

Such as? I know that Armamental Accomplishment lets you reload faster, but the effect isn't as potent as Speed Cola, and it stacks with the perk. I suppose Phoenix Up can be compared to Quick Revive, although it's one time use and very different. Aside from that, I can't think of any gumballs that share effects with perks.

• Like 1

Awards

AntBirch90    3
4 hours ago, TheDunbarian said:

Sometimes I feel like the only one who doesn't feel the need to have every perk on every map... That said, yeah, I agree that both Staminup and Deadshot should be available, even if only one machine appears and the other has to be obtained by perk bottle/gumball.

As for bringing PhD back, how would the "sliding" work? The flopping was easy - explosion as soon as you hit the ground. But what about sliding? Is there just an explosion at the end of the slide? What if you're stopped by a zombie? Will the explosion go off immediately, or will you be screwed? Also, flopping was balanced because you needed to actually get some air for it to activate - you couldn't just flop anywhere. How would sliding work?

One solution is to have it leave a trail of flames behind you for a few seconds, that burns zombies napalm explosion-style when they walk through it (although probably less powerful - can't have a perk effect be a 1-hit kill forever).

Such as? I know that Armamental Accomplishment lets you reload faster, but the effect isn't as potent as Speed Cola, and it stacks with the perk. I suppose Phoenix Up can be compared to Quick Revive, although it's one time use and very different. Aside from that, I can't think of any gumballs that share effects with perks.

Doesn't really matter how sliding would work I'm sure there is a viable way of utalizing the slide feature with PhD Flopper. I didn't say there was gobble gum for each of the perk-a-colas but instead a few of them are similar. PhD Flopper was just such a good out of ammo saviour perk :)

jiipee95    37

I don't think we'll getting PHD at all in Black Ops 3... We might get a new perk that protects from explosive damage and has maybe one other feature besides that.

• Like 1

Awards

I think we're all forgetting that PHD also nullifies fall damage... For some reason... 

Either way, I totally see it returning. but with a slide function. 

Koslans    39

If they want me to buy that, they need to buff the pistols by miles and miles.... Or let me dive instead of slide whenever I have the perk. Or I don't really miss it.

I bought it on Shangri-la, but it didn't even protect you from the exploding zombie, I might buy it on moon, or I just might avoid the whole Biodome place. 

And yeah, the three round gumball ain't so bad. As for fall damage, if the map just doesn't have such places, I'm fine with that. 

Tac    462
On 4/11/2016 at 0:22 PM, jiipee95 said:

I don't think we'll getting PHD at all in Black Ops 3... We might get a new perk that protects from explosive damage and has maybe one other feature besides that.

I'm with you, I don't particularly see it returning.

jiipee95    37

They didn't give it back to us either in Black Ops 2 until Origins if I remember correctly? You had the permaperk on buried, which was nice, but permaperks were something I disliked a bit. And when we finally got it in Origins, there was no use for it... because the starting pistol didn't upgrade to Mustang & Sally...

Awards