SOE - Do we like the wall running? And what about water?

Near the pack-a-punch area on shadows of evil is a special material of wall, that unlike every other wall in the game, lets you run on it. 

I personally love the wall running idea, although I've yet to experience it. I feel like as long as it's RESTRICTED to certain special walls, it's really fun. It's kind of useless in SOE though.... A different map could utilize it much better. 

And now on to point 2: Could we see underwater zombies? 

Personally I'd love to see it, imagine the implementations on custom games come march! We could see a Leviathan remake with actual swimming!

The main issue with us not seeing this before is because there was no BOT or player model which depicted swimming (or even swimming mechanics) before. Now we have all 3 of those things, and I'd HATE for treyarch to pass up an opportunity like this. 

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so firstly as for wall running. It could come back as a whole mechanic in a map and I owuld be fine with that, but for me it makes Pack-a-Punch all that more of an unwanted utility. See its dangerous to run across the walls. I have done it say 40 times now and about half of those times I have either had an animation showing me not grab onto the wall for a few seconds and scare me, or have just slipped off the wall. Also my friend last night joked that he would get a lag spike while running across the wall to save me. Low and behold he did, so its even bad with lag because you just fall to your death. If the stakes weren't so high to run across, it would be more desirable.

As for swimming, theres a bit of it in Dead Ops where some zombies spawn. Its interesting actually, I would like for an underwater map (or at least area in a map) where you can swim in different ways. So you could have mechanics similar to Moon, hopping around say if you were in a heavy diver suit. Or you could swim really fast like in MP or something but would need oxygen.

So it's not the wall running exclusively, it's the fall to your death part. I feel about the same way on this. Maybe just have walls meant to be run on that simply act as shortcuts. Make it fun and helpful, but not mandatory. 

As for water, realistically, we'd need moon-like physics for a deep underwater map as it would crush a normal person instantly. But if it was like an aquarium or river or something, THAT'D be a cool place to see some MP style fast swimming. 

I can sea ;) the perk now:

Sparkling mountain water: When hopping out of water, creates a small shock-wave that pushes nearby zombies back. Also helps maneuver in water much faster. 

Electric traps become all the more horrifying, maybe a crocodile boss here and there? 

18 minutes ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

So it's not the wall running exclusively, it's the fall to your death part. I feel about the same way on this. Maybe just have walls meant to be run on that simply act as shortcuts. Make it fun and helpful, but not mandatory. 

As for water, realistically, we'd need moon-like physics for a deep underwater map as it would crush a normal person instantly. But if it was like an aquarium or river or something, THAT'D be a cool place to see some MP style fast swimming. 

I can sea ;) the perk now:

Sparkling mountain water: When hopping out of water, creates a small shock-wave that pushes nearby zombies back. Also helps maneuver in water much faster. 

Electric traps become all the more horrifying, maybe a crocodile boss here and there? 

Like Insti-Gator from Infection but it actually works? Dude there is a lot of potential for a water map.

It seems like the wall running is in there just for its' own sake, not for any particular reason other than to show "hey this cod has wall running"

If they implemented in a way that made sense, i guess it would be ok, but otherwise i'm pretty against it.  Underwater might work if used in moderation.  dont see how that would work as far as zombies AI and not making it be impossible lol

3 minutes ago, The Clay Bird said:

It seems like the wall running is in there just for its' own sake, not for any particular reason other than to show "hey this cod has wall running"

Yeah, the wall running is pretty useless. I can't even think of a reason as to why it was implemented into the map, besides from your reason. It could have very easily being a bridge across to the Pack-A- Punch, instead.

13 minutes ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

The bot AI for multiplayer is very similar to the zombie AI. Obviously there are some major pathing differences, but zombies should be able to swim now. @The Clay Bird 

And yeah, the wall running in SOE was pretty bad, but it has potential. 

I'm not saying it couldn't work, but as it stands, the avoidance of zombies has been a 2 dimensional task, it would certainly be challenging for them to develop a water portion of a map and zomie ai for that portion that would be balanced in terms of difficulty.  Not saying they couldn't do it, just that it would be a challenge

The wall running felt a lot like a gimmick. It was too punishing when it went wrong, and with a combination of zombies, lag and uncoordinated teammates it has been a cheap end to many runs that had potential. That meant that it just wasn't helpful towards surviving, and served very little purpose. Bringing it back in a map without a giant death hole beneath it might make it work, although I can't see why it would be preferable to running normally. I'm still to be convinced by it so no, I wouldn't like to see it return.

As cool as an underwater map sounds... I don't think I'd like it. If there's a limit to how long you can spend underwater, it's an instant no from me. Even if they don't have that, I'm still doubtful. I just feel that the mechanics of zombies trying to hit you underwater would likely make the water unviable mid round, and that would probably just reduce the water to a mere gimmick much like the wall running. Sorry, but it's another no from me.