How to upgrade the Apothican Servant legit?

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I saw on reddit a thread about feeding the cult or something like that being one of the audio files. We have donut and cake mines... No idea what any of it refers to of course, like what is the cult for example. 

So we have holly and devil, could there possibly be two paths like in BO2? One working with Shadow man and one with the keepers. 

With the way the map is, there is undoubtedly a process to upgrade this WW. I really enjoy the weapon as is, but I'm like every one of you zombie slayin mahfucks who loves to uncover these pesky treyarch secrets... The most inconsistencies I find in this map pertain to beast mode.. Weird grapple points spread throughout the map and in the PaP room... Doesn't make sense.

31 minutes ago, Dr.Z said:

With the way the map is, there is undoubtedly a process to upgrade this WW. I really enjoy the weapon as is, but I'm like every one of you zombie slayin mahfucks who loves to uncover these pesky treyarch secrets... The most inconsistencies I find in this map pertain to beast mode.. Weird grapple points spread throughout the map and in the PaP room... Doesn't make sense.

The PaP room ones are to jump across the wall run area in beast before the Gateworms are placed to make a way to get there. It's also a useful way to jump over and revive someone who's down in the far corner instead of jumping up the middle.

I suppose I just wished for them to placed for other reasons.... As far as the traps go, the only thing that would be sensible with the encryptions present is that they could be upgraded, but... That isn't sensible really.

Edited by Dr.Z
3 hours ago, Ragdo11706 said:

Here's the thing I don't understand. Why is it the chain traps have the Beast Symbols on it. Everything the Beast is able to interact with has those exact same symbols on it. To me it seems like there's something we have to do to one of them or all of them.

I heard a rumor REALLY early on that the chain trap's margwa hearts (on the ends of the activation chains) can be "upgraded" by shocking the hearts themselves. 

19 minutes ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

I heard a rumor REALLY early on that the chain trap's margwa hearts (on the ends of the activation chains) can be "upgraded" by shocking the hearts themselves. 

But see I've tried this. What would you have to do all of them in one go. Or just all of them eventually. It doesn't make sense to me. Like why are those Beast Symbols on the boards the chains come out of.

Supposedly the second version of the Apothicon Servant uses one of those hearts.

I don't want to burst anyone's bubble but it always must dawn upon us that the code is not always accurate. In the past, we have used the Mining Method to discover secrets contained within the map that are unable to be accessed in-game. For example, I bring to you the Tranzit Abyss. This abyss contains within it the most outrageous theories brought forth to explain the most inconsistent occurrences. No matter how outrageous these theories were becoming, people would still attempt to work out the nothingness that awaited them. Now, the code for Tranzit as I remember had some stuff that were not included. One was a mini-game reward upon completing the ToB Easter Egg that would activate as a race to the finish. This concept was rightfully scrapped. This is only one example of inaccurate coding. There's plenty more for other maps and possibly more for Tranzit but we mustn't rely on the coding. It is deceiving and could quite possibly throw us off. The main lead that we have for upgrading the Servant is someone's claim for Destroying The Statues. Obviously, the Cthulu statues cannot be destroyed by any means. A fully upgraded sword (Killing Shadow Man) does nothing. Margwas do nothing. Explosives do nothing (Haven't heard anything about the XM launcher). Whatever statues they claim to have destroyed, they weren't the Cthulu ones.

Next, we have a contention that it may be possible to find another set of Apothican Servant pieces. Two sets of pieces can be found in-game outside of the map, one set for the original gun and another for the alleged "IDGUN2". However, one player was able to noclip out of the map in order to grab both sets of pieces only to find out that they both create the same gun. So, even with the two sets of pieces to confirm the possibility of two different Servants, this is not the case.

Furthermore, the idea that there might be a stone left un-turned is doubtful. We are a very thorough breed of players that take pride in our hunt for the unknown. However, there hasn't been any clues, direct cues, or confirmed occurrences of anything new or anything different. Even our most elaborate theories have fallen short. The ONLY clue that we have and the ONLY legitimate lead that we could possibly have left in the arsenal of Shadows of Evil is Nero's room and his floating book. This single book continues to float well beyond its intended use and yet it is there beckoning us for some unknown purpose that may not even exist. This may not upgrade the Servant and it may not upgrade your Sword but it may just end the madness of looking for the light switch in a dark, damp room... Full of sweaty dudes... And they're all getting flustered and frustrated because no one can find the god damn lights!

Except over the past few weeks we've constantly found more and more ways to upgrade just about everything else in the map. 

-Free gumball,

-Upgrades shield

-Upgraded proximity mines. 

Then there's numerous ciphers. 

That all happened within the last week and a half, despite the game being out for over a month now and the code being fully examined. 

I'd still wager that there is a legit way to PAP the servant. We've yet to find it, but the fact we've been able to obtain the weapon in-game should be justification. We've heard of WW concepts before like the Upgraded Jet-gun, but never have we actually been able to glitch the game to obtain things like it. Once an idea has been scrapped, it's removed from the game entirely. The fact the upgraded apothicon's servant is in the game should mean there's some way to obtain it. 

11 minutes ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

I'd still wager that there is a legit way to PAP the servant.  Once an idea has been scrapped, it's removed from the game entirely. The fact the upgraded apothicon's servant is in the game should mean there's some way to obtain it. 

Calling @steviewonder87 to chat about this.  Things are scraped and left in the game all the time from what Steve's told me.

I agree with everything you say in your post and believe that there is a way to PAP it, but not this justification.  I seem to remember there was code in Die Rise for an upgraded Sliquifier....

3 hours ago, Chopper said:

Calling @steviewonder87 to chat about this.  Things are scraped and left in the game all the time from what Steve's told me.

I agree with everything you say in your post and believe that there is a way to PAP it, but not this justification.  I seem to remember there was code in Die Rise for an upgraded Sliquifier....

Yeh, I agree that I also think there IS a way to upgrade it; there is just so much pointing towards that direction in the files for their not to be IMO, but like you say just because they included the assets/code for it, doesn't necessarily mean the gun is in the game per se.

I mentioned before if you were to look at the BO2 code you would be dead certain you could PAP the Sliquifier; everything exists for it in the files pretty much, and likewise (think I said this before) in COTD there is a PAP AK47 (called the Red Mist) with an underbarrel flamethrower (would have been epic) that you can access with give all using cheats (also a PAP Wunderwaffe even though you cannot legitimately PAP it on COTD). They leave over so much stuff from previous CODs and unused stuff it's very hard to distinguish the actual stuff in the game and what's been cut. For instance, in WAW, there is about 50% of the code for a 'Turned' type gamemode that was, obviously, not included in the game, in addition to files relating to Kino, COTD and an as yet unmade map called nazi_zombie_paris. Nova crawlers are also included (anims, scripts) and some huge ass boss model called the engineer who also had scripts and appears to attack players with his wrench lol. It's very interesting sometimes looking through the files (only WAW and BO1 have mod tools so far, BO3 soon fingers crossed) and seeing things that they changed or cut from the game and leftover voice quotes, perks, bosses and guns and whatnot.

Having said that, what I do know for certain is that an upgraded version of the gun obviously exists in the files. The Apothican Servant is called the 'ID gun' in the files, and there are 4 different names for the gun. There are weird voice quotes referring to the 'ID gun' for 'greeting the player' and ones called 'upgrade_ready' and 'upgrade_complete' which don't seem to be anything other than a audio notification to inform the player when certain events occur (also has a version of these for the swords I might add). People have also seen explicit references to several 'cocoons' (with map coordinates) within the .bsp I believe, which are clearly stated to be linked to the 'ID gun'. As yet no-one has found anything in game relating to these mysterious cocoons. All this, coupled with the fact that people are still finding new EEs all the time on Shadows, and that pretty much everything else in the map can be upgraded (for all the campaign team zombie maps pretty much) leads me to believe that it is upgradeable and it's only a matter of time until we find it.

41 minutes ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

Paris was reskinned into Moon, its like common knowledge dude.

It wasn't 'reskinned' dude, it was an entirely different map that they scrapped which was supposed to be set in the catacombs under Paris. They decided they wanted something to go out with a bang so they opted for Moon instead. Even if it was referring to 'Moon' - which it isn't - why the hell is it in WAW?

Just now, steviewonder87 said:

It wasn't 'reskinned' dude, it was an entirely different map that they scrapped which was supposed to be set in the catacombs under Paris. They decided they wanted something to go out with a bang so they opted for Moon instead. Even if it was referring to 'Moon' - which it isn't - why the hell is it in WAW?

I didn't know you were talking about WaW, I know its not just reskinned and I know the story behind it all. I don't know why it was in WaW unless it was planned back then but moved to BO, there is a picture of it in Der Riese after all and Kino was moved so its not too far out the realm of possibility. 

Just now, Nightmare Voyager said:

I didn't know you were talking about WaW, I know its not just reskinned and I know the story behind it all. I don't know why it was in WaW unless it was planned back then but moved to BO, there is a picture of it in Der Riese after all and Kino was moved so its not too far out the realm of possibility. 

That's what I'm saying, Kino was pretty much made in WAW and there is a bunch of stuff for COTD too, in addition to (granted not much) some stuff about this Paris map. Hence the point I'm making, not everything in the files is in the game.

In fact, after a little look, there is only one reference I can find relating to the Paris map in WAW, and it certainly doesn't sound like 'Moon' to me...

// DCS: we need a smaller light in the catacombs for paris, the generic one fills the area under the tower.
		else if(level.script == "nazi_zombie_paris")

Fear not, my fellow travelers. I was not discouraging an on-going hunt for the Apothican Servant upgrade. I am contesting the Code. We as a community should use what happens in-game as more of a piece of evidence rather than a line of code. Sure, I agree that the Apothican Servant has a weapon variant that is different from the original implying an upgrade is possible and was most likely involved in the making of the map. However, the contention that there is another Apothican Servant that needs to be built has been debunked even with two separate pieces of each Servant part. The other contention that we need a Cocoon to upgrade is never mentioned once in-game nor is it even a thought unless one were to examine the coding. The only possible relation to a cocoon that one could surmise is the Reporter talking about the fungus that grows around the city. This fungus could be any amount of things like moss to just oddly colored grass, the point is that unless you saw the cocoon in-game there is no evidence that you can acquire this in-game. Meaning, there must be an alternate way to upgrade the weapon without this blasted Cocoon. Not to mention our only lead still floats in Nero's room just waiting to be examine and tested upon. Then again, you all could be succumbing to the disease.... The T-Virus....(Tranzit-Virus)

Edited by DrVonstool
12 hours ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

I'd still wager that there is a legit way to PAP the servant. We've yet to find it, but the fact we've been able to obtain the weapon in-game should be justification. 

The problem I see here is that you can obtain it through the gobblegum that upgrades your gun for 60 seconds, that's reason enough to have it in the game. I hope there is a way to upgrade it without it but this is starting to look like the Tranzit "Laundry door".

14 minutes ago, MrKechi115 said:

The problem I see here is that you can obtain it through the gobblegum that upgrades your gun for 60 seconds, that's reason enough to have it in the game. I hope there is a way to upgrade it without it but this is starting to look like the Tranzit "Laundry door".

Not anymore you can't. They patched this method at the same time they patched the PaP exploit. Right now there is NO way of getting the upgraded version of the Apothican.

3 minutes ago, DeathBringerZen said:

Not anymore you can't. They patched this method at the same time they patched the PaP exploit. Right now there is NO way of getting the upgraded version of the Apothican.

But doesn't it have it in the files? Like that whole cocoon thing that was found, how do you know you can't do it anymore because even Stevie is unsure.

15 minutes ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

But doesn't it have it in the files? Like that whole cocoon thing that was found, how do you know you can't do it anymore because even Stevie is unsure.

I mean you cannot get the upgraded Apothican by using the Gobblegum. They patched it so now the only legit way would be to find out the real method for packing it, which I still fully believe exists.

1 minute ago, DeathBringerZen said:

I mean you cannot get the upgraded Apothican by using the Gobblegum. They patched it so now the only legit way would be to find out the real method for packing it, which I still fully believe exists.

Ah sorry, thought you meant there is no way at all to upgrade it.

So, now that we are caught up with the fact that this upgrade is still possible, let's start creating some type of hypothesis on how to do so! Enough jibber jabber about coding and Tranzit! What is our next lead besides this Floating Book? The possibility of a random Umbrella lying around with an undetermined purpose? The possibility of using the Servants Gersch-like ability to suck up a useful object outside the map, the umbrella perhaps? What and where are we starting a search? I can start up a game right now and dig and dig and dig just like Tranzit but what am I digging for?

1 hour ago, DrVonstool said:

So, now that we are caught up with the fact that this upgrade is still possible, let's start creating some type of hypothesis on how to do so! Enough jibber jabber about coding and Tranzit! What is our next lead besides this Floating Book? The possibility of a random Umbrella lying around with an undetermined purpose? The possibility of using the Servants Gersch-like ability to suck up a useful object outside the map, the umbrella perhaps? What and where are we starting a search? I can start up a game right now and dig and dig and dig just like Tranzit but what am I digging for?

Sucking shit up sounds plausible. We use Gersch devices to absorb things in the Ascension EE, and we also use Lil' Arnies to obtain parts for the "upgrade dance."