How to upgrade the Apothican Servant legit?

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, a7alpha said:

Lol, i have tried and tried to shoot the heart at the footlight district but i just cannot seem to hit it.  I tried so many times that i just no longer bother.  Is there a trick to it?  I use the ray gun but i keep missing when the tram starts to turn.

The RayGun is by far the easiest weapon to use. I normally have it PaPd as well. Once you are passing the Theater sign with the heart on it, crouch down a few steps away from the back of the Tram. Aim down sights at the bottom left corner and this will be the easiest way to hit that "Coffee Shop" Heart.

Another thing I like to do is turn the volume all the way up to 10, then in the volumes settings, turn everythingd own to 0 except for the Voice. This will give you a clear indication on wether or not you've hit the Hearts or missed them. Upon shooting one, it'll make a growl/hiss type noise. If you miss the "Coffee Shop" Heart the first time, youb can always try when you leave and head towards the Ruby Rabbit.

25 minutes ago, Dr.Z said:

...have we gotten on the same page about the "zournash" quote? I just received it.

If your trying to shoot the Margwa Hearts with it, Good Luck is all I can say. I've tried this at least 50x and I can never get the "Coffee Shop" Heart  in Footlight. I would highly suggest Speed Cola, if this is in fact what your trying to do.

If your just running around testing different ideas and whatnot, if you've gotten the "Zornash Na'Orujja Zornash" Quote. May i suggest you trade out the A.S. and do various different things once you've done so.

7 hours ago, Dr.Z said:

...have we gotten on the same page about the "zournash" quote? I just received it.

Not 100%. Altar is 'zorna...' Cut off.

The apothicon word, with the correct apothicon hieroglyphics to spell 'zornash' appears on the sword holder base, second from left, iirc. In context, GQ figured it might mean Egg. Oddly, i don't think that she realized that it was the word 'zornash', or if she did she did not mention the connection to the quote, but I've studied the images enough that i caught it.

On 12/31/2015 at 2:37 PM, Ragdo11706 said:

@DrVonstool I'm sure Mr. Blundells' "Baked Goods" would have me geekin' like a giddy school girl. When it comes to the ladies, I always liked to pull a Pablo Escobar when I was younger. 

Ok time to be serious....

So if I'm reading what you guys are saying correctly, than your saying each weapon upon being built has 3 quotes. The Greeting of the Player Quote, the Upgrade Ready Quote, & the Upgrade Complete Quote (Which no one has been able to get yet).

Greeting Player Quote

• Kor-Maroth Arbgwaoth
  • Lor-Zarozzor Arbgwaoth
  • Mar-Astagua Arbgwaoth
  • Nar-Ullaqua Arbgwaoth

Upgrade Ready Quote

• Kor-Maroth: "Zornash Na'Orujja Zornash"
  • Lor-Zarozzor: *Dont know I Never get this version.*
  • Mar-Astagua: "Zoroth Orotho" 
  • Nar-Ullaqua: *I thought this one said "Zornash....."*

So I've got 2 that I can confirm 100%. Mar-Astagua I just got literally 10 minutes ago. Kor-Maroth I normally get 50% of the time. So which 2 Ready-Up quotes am I missing. 

@83457 Haha I've got 20+ pages of notes. You don't even want to know some of the shit that's going on in my head. 

However with that being said, I will say I truly believe the Apothicon Servant is a "Crustacean". It would definitely fit the theme of the map as well as explain those little pleopods that eat the "Egg"/bullet we feed to it. Have a look at this page and read the Life-Cycle & Decapoda sections.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nauplius_(larva)#Nauplius

This isn't 100%.

If I've got it right, there is a greeting quote (which normally doesn't happen on 360), then there are 4 total upgrade quotes, which appear to be 1 per gun.

The greeting quote is arbgurneth(sp?) (Current AS gun name) ZORNARKOTH. Or 'Feed (this gun) zornarkoth'. GQ lists it as zor ark oth, but there is a clear N after Zor.

Looking at zornarkoth:

Zorna... Appears in Altar, but the full word 'zornash' appears on the sword holder. So egg, sword, or altar + oth: is like creature/thing.

1. So feed it Altarites? Keepers? 

2. Feed it egg/swords? Looking at that 'head counter' on the upgraded sword...

Well I gave up on the Noire mode so I'm back to ww hunting.  I do believe the sword counter is something.  It's definitive in that it only goes down with head hits.  There are even apothicon words that translate to "head", "gather", etc.  But I am more interested in feeding the A.S something that may be altar related?  My next theory: I want to obtain the Apothicon Servant without even touching anything that's keeper related.  Items, Rituals, PaP, etc.  Let's obtain the A.S and then go through each item location as well as the rituals and sucking up as many keepers as we can along the way.  It would be ideal with multiple players to help keep the  last few zombies safe seeing as we may be going round 15+ without even touching the rituals yet.  

7 hours ago, Pasta said:

Well I gave up on the Noire mode so I'm back to ww hunting.  I do believe the sword counter is something.  It's definitive in that it only goes down with head hits.  There are even apothicon words that translate to "head", "gather", etc.  But I am more interested in feeding the A.S something that may be altar related?  My next theory: I want to obtain the Apothicon Servant without even touching anything that's keeper related.  Items, Rituals, PaP, etc.  Let's obtain the A.S and then go through each item location as well as the rituals and sucking up as many keepers as we can along the way.  It would be ideal with multiple players to help keep the  last few zombies safe seeing as we may be going round 15+ without even touching the rituals yet.  

Tried it all ready. Went to round 18 without doing a single ritual, got the WW and explored the map and nothing is doing. I literally got the WW without going into a single beast mode and it makes no difference unfortunately.

7 hours ago, DeathBringerZen said:

Tried it all ready. Went to round 18 without doing a single ritual, got the WW and explored the map and nothing is doing. I literally got the WW without going into a single beast mode and it makes no difference unfortunately.

Well shit lol

Gonna keep trying T-Virus thread posts lol

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/31/2015 at 0:37 PM, Ragdo11706 said:

@DrVonstool I'm sure Mr. Blundells' "Baked Goods" would have me geekin' like a giddy school girl. When it comes to the ladies, I always liked to pull a Pablo Escobar when I was younger. 

Ok time to be serious....

So if I'm reading what you guys are saying correctly, than your saying each weapon upon being built has 3 quotes. The Greeting of the Player Quote, the Upgrade Ready Quote, & the Upgrade Complete Quote (Which no one has been able to get yet).

Greeting Player Quote

• Kor-Maroth Arbgwaoth
  • Lor-Zarozzor Arbgwaoth
  • Mar-Astagua Arbgwaoth
  • Nar-Ullaqua Arbgwaoth

Upgrade Ready Quote

• Kor-Maroth: "Zornash Na'Orujja Zornash"
  • Lor-Zarozzor: *Dont know I Never get this version.*
  • Mar-Astagua: "Zoroth Orotho" 
  • Nar-Ullaqua: *I thought this one said "Zornash....."*

So I've got 2 that I can confirm 100%. Mar-Astagua I just got literally 10 minutes ago. Kor-Maroth I normally get 50% of the time. So which 2 Ready-Up quotes am I missing. 

@83457 Haha I've got 20+ pages of notes. You don't even want to know some of the shit that's going on in my head. 

However with that being said, I will say I truly believe the Apothicon Servant is a "Crustacean". It would definitely fit the theme of the map as well as explain those little pleopods that eat the "Egg"/bullet we feed to it. Have a look at this page and read the Life-Cycle & Decapoda sections.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nauplius_(larva)#Nauplius

This I found very interesting. I looked in the audio files of Black Ops 3, and found this exact thing.

But it isn't what you expect.

The quote "Zornash, Nar'Orujja Zornash" is titled vox_idgun1_upgrade_ready_2, hinting to a completed step and not a gun specific quote.

The quote "Zoroth Ortoho" is also an upgrade ready file, named vox_idgun1_upgrade_ready_0, also hinting to steps completed.

Before you think "Well, could the numbers just mean they are cues for different guns?" Let me explain. There are 4 audio cues, named vox_idgun1_upgrade_ready_0, vox_idgun1_upgrade_ready_1, vox_idgun1_upgrade_ready_2, and vox_idgun1_upgrade_complete_0. Clearly debunks the theory of there being a quote per gun. What this potentially means, is that you did a step towards upgrading. The two audio cues you didn't receive make much less sense, and I have listened to them over 200 times trying to translate or make some sense of it.

@Shreebington

Yea I'm well aware of that. I was replying to what the previous people were talking about. In my opinion the 3 "Upgrade_Ready" Quotes, which all 4 variations of the "Apothicon Servant" can acquire, are simply telling you 1 of 3 possible ways in obtaininga  "Cocoon". 

The Quotes could also suggest, what to do next. Each of the 3 meaning something different. The thing about the "Upgrade_Ready" Quotes I ddon't really understand, the only thing you have to do once you've built the "Apothicon Servant" is simply fire it in the presence of a "Margwa" or "Feed" it upon reloading.

Once you do this for the first time, you should trigger one of the 3 possible quote I've got a couple different Threads I made pertaining to this, if you'd like to give them a look. One in particular is, 

6 minutes ago, TimelordAlex said:

The DLC and patch is rolling out now for PS4 users and within the patch notes:

(Ready Up is returning)
Fixed an issue around an EE quest that prevented a player from accomplishing the quest.
(The Death Machine is returning as a power up, is added to the Giant.)

Perhaps we can finally upgrade this gun.

Can you link me to this, please sir.

Thanx.

18 minutes ago, TimelordAlex said:

The DLC and patch is rolling out now for PS4 users and within the patch notes:

(Ready Up is returning)
Fixed an issue around an EE quest that prevented a player from accomplishing the quest.
(The Death Machine is returning as a power up, is added to the Giant.)

Perhaps we can finally upgrade this gun.

1. Fingers crossed.

2. How long do 360 players need to wait for this? Haha (cries).

It's definitely worded strangely. I thought it could have been referring to stopping the margwas from spawning in, as this would technically stop you from being able to complete the ee, but that is listed separately as an issue they have fixed. I wonder if it could also be the freezing issue at the last stage of the main ee that a few people have had issues with. Either way, if I was on PS4 I would be tearing Shadows apart right now looking for anything new!

11 minutes ago, TimelordAlex said:

I'm pretty sure on last gen you can still PaP the gun as you could upon release, dont forget it isnt up to 3arc to patch last gen BO3, its down to Beenox.

You cannot. Patched a day or 2 after the xbone patch.

Thanks for the Beenox info, although i was aware of that, others may not have heard of them.

But, they did patch ps3 at the same time as ps4, so i have hope for the 360. It's just odd that the patch notes were different concerning the quest.

With the exception of freezing issues and a few out-of-map glitches, their patches hurt more than help the game. I'm hoping this next patch brings some light to the dark. Otherwise, us last-gen folk would be better off deleting the updates.

• 2 weeks later...

Rumor has it that decryptorfixer noticed that the removed trigger has been replaced.

I have no proof to supply for this hearsay.

By the time it hits 360*, the upgrade may be found. Oh well, as long as it's in there.

Disclaimer: yes the Arbgwaoth isn't needed, but it's hella more fun. 

*2.11.2016, 360 just got an update.

Edited by 83457
As, not add