How to upgrade the Apothican Servant legit?

42 minutes ago, Ragdo11706 said:

Do you not remember Die Rise. Didn't someone have to go down in the upside down room & be revived with the upgraded Ballistic Knife. Or am I just tripping.

Which was a reference to the intro. You had to be Samuel and revive Russman like that. Thats different and part of the main EE, not a weapon upgrade.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw noahj456 doing something with the upgraded sword trying to get 20 headshot kills with it, but he didn't get the counter all the down to 0. He was doing this on one of his older streams by chance have any one of you guys got the counter of the upgraded sword down to you 0?

5 hours ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

Which was a reference to the intro. You had to be Samuel and revive Russman like that. Thats different and part of the main EE, not a weapon upgrade.

Yea I know I was just saying. Treyarchs made us do some crazy things in the past. I wouldn't put anything past them.

Okay so someone pointed out something on the Subreddit which cannot be coincidence considering the excess of fountains. 15 fountains to go into beast mode. 15 supposed cocoon locations. Thats gotta be something right?

Alright, everyone. We are coming to the final stretch in discovering and fully upgrading the Apothican Servant! I for one am losing considerable amounts of interest as the days pass. But let not my disinterest penetrate your hearts and minds! Continue onward and discover what may or may not be hidden from sight of the human eyes. I wish you all luck as from here on out, I am officially checking out of searching for a new and improved Servant. My beautiful Mar-Astagua has lasted enough rounds to be my honorary wife and has been lucky enough to also bear my children. Thank you all for trying hard as iron to figure out how this servant can be upgraded but you've all failed. The clear, un-cut way to upgrade the servant... Is it to impregnate her... Yes, it's a she. She's magnificent..... <3

Wow, Biz , nice shot!!!

That needs sticky

on examination...quite remarkable...

I cant make out the (non-english translation) (?)  but i can see the symbol and the english word associated pretty well.

symbols for seconds,minutes,"all at same time", no gun, ect.. etc... these seem to be conditions/stipulations for a challenge or EE of sort. very  very interesting...now can we translate some of the symbols on the red rings or elswhere and possibly discern some "condition" that must be met?

8357....I dont know where you are coming from,  BO1 had better hit detectin (for me at least) than any previous,  i remember me and my bro talking bout it. it was much better (maybe lag is part of that idk) But the zombies story/game really took off in Bo1 , its kinda like the "golden age" of zombies and Bo2 sorta let some folks down. now opinion is just opinion, but you are truly the first person I have heard say this about Bo1 . Mostly I hear complaints on why cant the new BO be like Bo1 ,  so in a way , your take on it is refreshing...but i cant agree with it...I love love loved BO1...but I am a zombie guy , not really a multi guy.

Edited by Cunambula

@83457

Spoiler

No it isn't, even if you don't like the game you don't have to be so rude about it. Black Ops was a fun and good game that I had a lot of great times on, like most people here and is highly regarded by most people as one of the best Call of Duty's ever. That game brought this community together for a start. I love everything about it, such an intriguing campaign, a fun MP that really made me feel comfortable and the best zombies we ever had. Treyarch were at their peak after this game, when they made WaW they never thought how far they could get. Black Ops was where it happened though. Where they found a place in so many peoples hearts as the best developers here. Make a poll and ask everyone who is ever active on Cod Z or anywhere really whether Black Ops is bad or good, I guarantee that the majority will say its a good game. You might not like it, but from being in the community for so many years, I have truly seen how many people cherish that game, so don't even try to tell me its not liked and is hated. You just made a load of claims that were not backed at all. I don't even need to link anything or find evidence to show that the majority of fans think it is a good game because it is literally common knowledge and can be seen everywhere. On all those comments on things like YouTube wishing zombies and COD as a whole would go back to the Black Ops days.

So while you may think its a bad game, I can say with certainty the majority would disagree with that and this could be proven easily if you got something like a strawpoll and made a post here saying is BO hated. Also again, no need to be rude. When people have to resort to being rude and saying things completely off topic to prove their point, you can tell they are grasping at straws to prove it and its kind of like peer pressure in a way, maybe thats not the word. But saying "I hate to continue this off-topic discussion here, but had to weigh in that your minority opinions on BO1 are acutely wrong so that you don't make silly statements and embarrass yourselves." definitely is peer pressure to make people change their mind and join this majority that you claim hate the game. If you can come back with proof that I am wrong, after all of these years of me seeing how loved Black Ops is (impossible by the way) then I would completely reconsider. If you want to continue this, take it to another topic because you and I both know it clutters it up.

So guys, I am really serious about this beast mode fountains thing in relations to cocoons. Can it seriously be coincidence that their are the same amount? It always seemed odd that their were fountain locations close together, like in Waterfront and Canals. I am so sure that they have a link. Also the extra grapple spots? I have no clue what we could test with beast mode. Didn't some point out how the Hells Redeemer required afterlife to see the skulls or was that on the subreddit? Either way, something akin to that could apply so having a look around in beast mode may be worth doing. Not sure what could be found.

Oh and also, whats with the charge zap you can get? You only need one zap to power stuff, so does that have a purpose somewhere? If not, what if its here?

34 minutes ago, 83457 said:

CoD3 didn't kill CoD, it was just always called the worst by the players before my time. I have only hearsay, so i retract that statement.

Regardless of what i smoke, BO1, outside of this forum is/was reviled and really hurt the game and frankly was why so many people ditched CoD.

MW3 sucked, but everyone said 'at least it's not Bleak Ops' and it went on to be one of the top sellers somehow.

BO: Balancing, like EA games has, was added and hated (and has ruined cod since, hence that previous statement), no secondaries, mostly no primaries worth playing, some of the worst cod maps ever made (no argument against this is even remotely valid), grenade scavenging was removed (right?), worst hit detection in CoD history (shoot 8 bullets through a player with no hit markers, next 10 bullets give hit markers, but don't kill, then the gun flies around from shooting so long because the hit detection was useless), even offline, against bots, so not a connection issue.

This game made Treyarch a laughingstock. The forums at the time (died by Christmas, but the mw2 forums went on through this BO year and the next couple, since it was a much better game in every way) called for, and assumed that, Treyarch would be banned from making any more CoD. Or don't you guys remember the uproar? This was huge, folk were furious with this garbage, following the success and love for MW2 and pre-drama IW.

Great zombie map design, but terrible wallbuys with overly restricted ammo counts, constant BK/Sickle failure, hacker glitch... I almost never play BO1 zombies due to the prevalent failures and ubiquitous errors, which is a shame since the map designs were so cool. I did play them and did great, but so little desire to be fighting Treyarch's failed programming.

So, put down your crackpipes, because in reality, BO1 is positively one of the worst cods to sully this already subpar franchise. 

I hate to continue this off-topic discussion here, but had to weigh in that your minority opinions on BO1 are acutely wrong so that you don't make silly statements and embarrass yourselves.

SMH, but happy gaming folk!

:surprise48:

I'm just going to say that Black Ops 1 was great. I'm also going to say that everyone has an opinion. Now that all of our opinions are out in the open for God to laugh at, let's get back to the topic at hand! About beast mode... I had curiosities about the charged zap but its application seems useless to me. Where at all could it be possibly applicable for a charged shotgun-like zap? Nothing comes to mind and thus we have a new topic for discussion. What are the practical and possibly implicit ways that one could use the charged zap with purpose? Besides an alleged glitch that allows more zombies to spawn when a zombie is zapped. I mean, what possible things are out and about that might need power or a jolt of electricity? Lights? Possibly bulbs? Even then, what could we do with the bulbs or where could we take them?

5 minutes ago, DrVonstool said:

I'm just going to say that Black Ops 1 was great. I'm also going to say that everyone has an opinion. Now that all of our opinions are out in the open for God to laugh at, let's get back to the topic at hand! About beast mode... I had curiosities about the charged zap but its application seems useless to me. Where at all could it be possibly applicable for a charged shotgun-like zap? Nothing comes to mind and thus we have a new topic for discussion. What are the practical and possibly implicit ways that one could use the charged zap with purpose? Besides an alleged glitch that allows more zombies to spawn when a zombie is zapped. I mean, what possible things are out and about that might need power or a jolt of electricity? Lights? Possibly bulbs? Even then, what could we do with the bulbs or where could we take them?

You know what? I am gonna go look for lights, bulbs, electric boxes and stuff. Even if this isn't an EE for the cocoons to spawn, its something.

Using the now known new language from the dlc preview we can discover what the 4 names to the apothican servant really says.

The only problem is that all the names are still not shown. But a fair bit are. As you can see in the picture below it says extended carving (hints, carvings, etc.) This means that a couple of symbols and words are still not shown. So when I type unknown, that means that it is probably a symbol not shown yet.

Or it means that the name is just cut down in the name of the gun. Example (Kor-maroth) can be extended into (Koroth-Margwa)

Normal In-game names not upgraded.

1. Kor-Maroth

2. Mar-Astagua

3. Nar-Ullaqua

4. Lor-Zarozzor

Not Upgraded Translated

1. Elemental-Margwa

2. Margwa-Spend

3. Id Gun-Consume

4. Survive-Transform

Now, although this can be a bit messy of a translation. If we think about it, some of it makes sense. Such as 3. It means, using the Apothicon Servant, and getting kills with it. And the thing is, we already know this. After around 10 kills with this name of the gun. The you get the voice saying whatever it says. Now with 2. I think you have to kill a margwa and then spen a certain amount of points. But remember this is just speculation. Now onto the upgraded names.

Normal In-game names upgraded.

1. Kor-Maroth-Arbgwaoth

2. Mar-Astagua-Arbgwaoth

3. Nar-Ullaqua-Arbgwaoth

4. Lor-Zarozzor-Arbgwaoth

Upgraded Translated

1. Elemental-Margwa-Powerup

2. Margwa-Spend-Powerup

3. Id Gun-Consume-Powerup

4. Survive-Transform-Powerup

Ok, I still dont get it. But this is everything translated with the new apothican language. Remember, some of the words are cut off in that screen so things like Mar may not mean Margwa. But I am just using what I have.

Untitled.png

Edited by RazzarTG
18 minutes ago, RazzarTG said:

Using the now known new language from the dlc preview we can discover what the 4 names to the apothican servant really says.

The only problem is that all the names are still not shown. But a fair bit are. As you can see in the picture below it says extended carving (hints, carvings, etc.) This means that a couple of symbols and words are still not shown. So when I type unknown, that means that it is probably a symbol not shown yet.

Or it means that the name is just cut down in the name of the gun. Example (Kor-maroth) can be extended into (Koroth-Margwa)

Normal In-game names not upgraded.

1. Kor-Maroth

2. Mar-Astagua

3. Nar-Ullaqua

4. Lor-Zarozzor

Not Upgraded Translated

1. Elemental-Margwa

2. Margwa-Spend

3. Id Gun-Consume

4. Survive-Transform

Now, although this can be a bit messy of a translation. If we think about it, some of it makes sense. Such as 3. It means, using the Apothicon Servant, and getting kills with it. And the thing is, we already know this. After around 10 kills with this name of the gun. The you get the voice saying whatever it says. Now with 2. I think you have to kill a margwa and then spen a certain amount of points. But remember this is just speculation. Now onto the upgraded names.

Normal In-game names upgraded.

1. Kor-Maroth-Arbgwaoth

2. Mar-Astagua-Arbgwaoth

3. Nar-Ullaqua-Arbgwaoth

4. Lor-Zarozzor-Arbgwaoth

Upgraded Translated

1. Elemental-Margwa-Powerup

2. Margwa-Spend-Powerup

3. Id Gun-Consume-Powerup

4. Survive-Transform-Powerup

Ok, I still dont get it. But this is everything translated with the new apothican language. Remember, some of the words are cut off in that screen so things like Mar may not mean Margwa. But I am just using what I have.

I think you are dead on with this. I think this could be how we have to cause the cocoons to spawn for each variant somehow. Translation wise, you've got it down I think. So elemental margwa would mean you do something with the margwa pertaining to elements. This seems like a breakthrough really. We should get someone to obtain a variant and depending on which one, they can try certain things pertaining to the translation. Anyone free to play lol?

9 minutes ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

I think you are dead on with this. I think this could be how we have to cause the cocoons to spawn for each variant somehow. Translation wise, you've got it down I think. So elemental margwa would mean you do something with the margwa pertaining to elements. This seems like a breakthrough really. We should get someone to obtain a variant and depending on which one, they can try certain things pertaining to the translation. Anyone free to play lol?

My thoughts exactly, they included this 3 seconds into the video to guide us with the easter egg. If we are able to replicate the steps shown in the names, then maybe we may get closer to unlocking this mystery

20 hours ago, Ragdo11706 said:

Do you not remember Die Rise. Didn't someone have to go down in the upside down room & be revived with the upgraded Ballistic Knife. Or am I just tripping.

That was a complete misconception. You didn't have to go down during that step. All you had to do was get the required amount of blood kills within the room until Maxis says "Resurrection is key" then you shot the Ballistic Knife anywhere in the room to trigger the next quote.

People put 2 and 2 together and got 5 during the solving of that step initially and thought the 'Resurrection' part was meaning actually reviving someone and they though Russman because he dies during the cutscene. Either way that step did not require a down and to date neither has any other step.

I love the light bulbs idea although it might be a separate easter egg altogether. I thought of this before because their are the tasty cake billboards and the doughnut billboards but they also have another billboard for (going by memory) an electrical and light company. Also interesting is right below the sign going to footlight, to the left of the statue and looking up, there is a light with no light bulb in it but all the other lights in the area have bulbs. Also, their are a few strange lights on easy street. Some bulbs are traditional and others are strange looking with the coils being easily seen. Also, I had a theory with another couple of strange lights that looked like they had a Web type of design on the bottom of them, tried throwing widows wine nades at them, but got no result... (that I know of)

So a quick synopsis of your Gun Specific challenges!

1. Elemental-Margwa; Kor-Maroth: Not too obvious what to do with this Servant... However, the fact that some receive a Servant quote when a Margwa spawns leaves me to conclude that this is how you begin the upgrade in receiving the quote. If nothing to do with Margwas than something to do with the swords or obviously some kind of element.

2. Margwa-Spend; Mar-Astagua: A possible solution for this riddle is to spend money! While using the gun of course just to see if you get the quote. If at all possible, the gun may need two challenges. Such as spending money and defeating a Margwa. Same for the previous weapon.

3. IDGUN-Consume; Nar-Ullaqua: This must be for the individuals who heard their Servant quotes by simply using the weapon. Maybe by killing a certain amount of zombies or by simply consuming them with the weapon directly.

4. Survive-Transform; Lor-Zarozzor: This might be something interesting... Consider what we hypothesize about the cocoons and how we may be able to use them. We insert our weapon into the cocoon and survive until it's ready. Could it be possible that this weapon is the only Servant that activates the cocoons? Or the original thought, in order to activate the quote for this weapon, you must survive a certain amount of rounds while using it.

It's all out there, now. Testing to be done and experiments to execute.

Edited by DrVonstool

Well I know for a fact through coding the meatballs in the game are referred to as "Elemental".

However it could also be pertaining to the elemental effect of the lightning sword, or the different elemental effects we get through double PaP.

EDIT: Ok so looking at this guys, we've already done everything we were supposed tto up until his point. We've all gotten the "Ready to Upgrade  Quote".

Now here's the important part. ARBGWAOTH = POWER-UP. In the files the coding referees to the grenades From Widows Wine as Cocoons. However the "Power-Up Drops" are the Cocoons.

There is something we must do with the "Spider Power-Up" that drops. I've had them go from Blue-Red. I honestly believe this is what were missing. Let's not try and make it anymore complicated.

Edited by Ragdo11706
7 hours ago, MrKechi115 said:

I've never seen them turn red, never even heard it was possible. Can you replicate it?

Yes, they are Red right now in the game I'm playing. Round 21. A.S. built = Kor-Maroth. I've got these perks. Stamin-Up, Jugg, Widows Wine, in that same order. I just started filling the Apothicon Egg & I'm Playing as Jackie "Fucking" Vincent.

I completed the Rituals in this order, Footlight, Rift/Junction, Canals, Waterfront. Got the *Ding* on all 4 rituals. Placed the Worms on Round 15 after I had summoned the Civil Protector in every District.

With the "Beast" I've eaten a Webbed Zombie, Parasite (LightningBug), Elemental (Meatball). While they were all Zapped. Tried the C.P. didn't work.

I didn't harvest a single Pod, until they were all Purple. Once this occurred I opened every Pod in a single Round. I believe it was 12/13. 

I'm really starting to feel like you've got to get the Parasite "Lightning Bug" to Bomb Dive on the Red Spider drop. I keep hearing those damn "Coins" or "Chains" rattling. Here's why I say that.

http://news.sciencemag.org/biology/2015/08/wasps-force-zombie-spiders-weave-cocoon-webs