How to upgrade the Apothican Servant legit?

Ok so I'm going to throw my 2¢ in here. First and foremost, I believe (this is just my honest opinion) that this is the first time where we can actually fail at some point making it irreversible.

My main reasoning for this is the "6 Margwa Hearts". Once we've shot those and acquired the "Margwa Head" we can no longer pick up items within the game.

Also in the coding it has blah.. blah.. blah.. p7_zm_zod_margwa_ heart blah.. Margwa_shiny blah.. M_H.

Now what I believe this is saying is once we do this if we haven't gotten to the point where we need it, then we're awarded the Margwa Head, instead of the Margwa Heart. I believe we'll actually need to do this once we're ready to build the second form of the Apothicon Servant. In order to acquire the 2nd Heart, will result in us Destroying the Margwa Hearts there-fore making it no longer spawn. Thus the reason we could "Glitch" it before it got patched, much like the A.S. 

@83457

I had made mention of this quite some time ago. In regards to being in the circle then it cutting off, once PaP was opened. Even if you had not already started the Sword Quest.

What I did differently than you, was as follows. I went into my characters ritual site and got kills around the alter. Then i proceeded to the ring outside. However while I was playing I strictly used the A.S. no other weapon.

Unfortunately I never got to test out every site because much like you I was in the 30+ area, late at night, and had probably been up for some time playing.

@DrVonstool

I can confirm everything you said about the Ring Glowing and recharging your Sword (I thought I mentioned it here but maybe not). Either way I've spent a lot of time in these makeshift ritual sites. I've stood in them long enough to make the "Sound" stop, except nothing changed.

This very "Ring" wether activated or not is another reason I believe this may be the first time Treyarch have introduced a Side Quest/E.E. where we the player can actually fail.

I don't understand why it would "Glow" the way it does even when we keep the Sword Chamber Closed. Must loan the way it "Illuminates" as you described. Which would make sense why there has been no further discovery in solving this F*****G "Unsolvable Puzzle".

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, i was out for high rounds yesterday, but i did spend a little time on it before it got too hectic.

When i got kills with only a PaP gun, at/around my character's circle, the circles stayed red (i left and got things, came back), i killed the last zombie, then after the round ended, it went off.

The next round was the 'dog' round for max ammo. I think this has happened before, where the glowing stops on the 'dog' rounds, so at this point I'm still sussing it out. But if it does go off on 'dog' rounds, that is a good clue that we need to be doing something (killing most likely) with regular zombies at the circle. Since it is inaccessible with flyers/meatballs. I know that these can be used during 'dog' rounds for the Sword upgrade, so the turning off on 'dog' rounds must be tied to this presumed other circle use.

I hadn't touched the eggs at this point.

There is something here. 

Edit: Ragdoll, i think the same as you: that we can do it wrong and lock ourselves out of the upgrade. 

Whether by design, or simply another of the myriad glitches, i cannot say for sure. 

Also, I had been considering these circles and read your other post on it, which inspired me to get back to checking it out.

Edited by 83457
Free will

I believe it's by design. However with that being said, I also believe that's what caused the "Glitches" for us to be able to PaP the A.S. and to be able and make the Margwa stop spawning.

Another thing I need to know. To anyone who read this I'm playing as Jessica (mind you I only use her & Nero). Anyway I just got this quote, "Give my regards to the Worms". Funny thing is, I haven't even messed with them yet. I've also never heard her say this before, EVER.

Have any of you ever heard her say this quote?

Edited by Ragdo11706

Add me on xbone if y'all need help hunting: Habeeb Alahad

Theory: There just has to be a way to upgrade it.  Why have a new name for the gun, new animation, new ammo count only to not have it exist?

I believe the margwa heads are indeed linked to the gun.  However, I came up with something else.  If you go to the area outside the Burlesque, you will see a fuckton of newspapers that are in latin.  All of the bold phrases are related to pain, grand pain, etc.  When you wield the A.S, you make a commitment.  What better commitment than pain, or better yet, death?  

Theory: With the margwa head, and the A.S, allow a Margwa to down you?

Theory: Pain.  How do we cause pain with the gun? The purple icons that appear in the unlimited beast mode part of the EE cause pain upon contact.  Why are those there?  Could that be a step?  I know that there was one that is unreachable.  What if we shot the A.S at those purple things?

To be tested:

I'm going to try out my theories on how to obtain the Margwa gun names.  I'm going to try building the gun 2 or 3 times under the same exact conditions to see if the names vary or not.  

Traps?  Killing keepers with traps maybe.  Traps are kind of dead and seeing as easter eggs in the past never use them I'm reluctant to heavily test them.  However, the traps are margwa related since it's a margwa heart.  The heart on the trap is red.  Upgraded A.S is red.  Correlation?

1 hour ago, Ragdo11706 said:

I believe it's by design. However with that being said, I also believe that's what caused the "Glitches" for us to be able to PaP the A.S. and to be able and make the Margwa stop spawning.

Another thing I need to know. To anyone who read this I'm playing as Jessica (mind you I only use her & Nero). Anyway I just got this quote, "Give my regards to the Worms". Funny thing is, I haven't even messed with them yet. I've also never heard her say this before, EVER.

Have any of you ever heard her say this quote?

The cop is the shit. I play whomever i get. I prefer not to play the sociopathic bitch because i've known people like her and can't stand them.

I don't recall hearing that phrase.

This reminds me: i was the boxer at the gym when i did a round in the red circle with PaP. I believe that he said something new when the round ended with the circles still red. But I'm not positive add the game seems to give me less long games with him.

Traps. Traps are weird because they are useless at high rounds, which is what they have always been for.

So, one of two things come to mind: they can be upgraded, or they are a victim of Trollarch's version of game balancing, which they really don't understand well at all.

On the upgrade WW. I feel that the gumballs effects were removed to die that that was not the way to upgrade it. Having the gumballs in the game makes folk think that is the only way. By removing them, it is clear that we must still find the correct way.

That or this is TranZit² and Trollarch has reached new lows.

Gang! We have leads just not your leads. We've been told that the Servant's upgrade is being stalled because we are looking at these Sword Rituals but we need to be using our Servant. The Sword Rituals are as follows "A Dead End". While using the Servant you will hear a voice speak, yes? Once this voice says particular words, we can proceed with figuring out the next possible step. I would never detour you fine people away from trying out your theories but this T-Virus is making you all insane! The Ritual circle glows and on some rounds it doesn't glow. This has been occurring since the dawn of this game. Same with the "I said something about Worms" -Jessica. Her quote is just a reference and if anything so are the glows around the Sword Rituals. A reference that says, "Hey player, look I'm glowing! Wanna touch me?".

As far as our journey to the upgraded Servant goes, we have taken one step forward without any steps back. We just need to focus. Prioritize Marleton! Pri-ori-tize! Let's worry about this Servant before we worry about what these Swords have in store. Unless... I'm Patient Zero... The T-Virus is already eating my brain... "Use the Jet Gun to fly over something!" No! Make it stop! "The Laundry Door can be opened!" No! No, it can't! "The lights mean something!" They don't! They really don't!

OMG, how could i forget? I got confirmation!

When i did the round with the pap gun, and the round ended with the lights still on, the boxer said something, which didn't sound familiar, so i hit the back button to check if anything changed in inventory, and the summoning key pulsed a few times before returning to normal. It doesn't pulse unless you did something like start the rituals. It does not pulse just because the round ends, I've checked. But it did pulse when i killed, with a pap gun only, for the entire round, by my character's circle and then the round ended.

I'm gonna see if I'm getting duped by this, but so far as i can tell, it was confirmation. The only thing i want to check is to see if it pulses BEFORE a flyer round, as the next round was flyers. Otherwise, it must be confirmation.

I had looked at the inventory several times just before doing this, so it should not be a leftover pulse from say, getting the rituals started. It should only have pulsed from something that i just did.

So if pap gun killing wasn't exactly right, I'm close enough that it counted something that i did.

Again, I ONLY used a pap gun, at my character's circle, after opening pap. I got a key pulse when the round ended. I stepped out of the circle occasionally, and i even ran around later and did things, but i came back there to kill the last zombie at my circle. 

So maybe i got my 30 kills there that round? I didn't try at another circle, because i didn't realize the importance of the pulse at that time.

Please don't be t virus!

Additional edit: It was late at night, so I'm sorry i can't pin this down, but I did this at one of two times:

1. Opened egg chamber, but did not touch egg.

Or 2, i filled the egg, but refused to place it in the egg chamber. I think that this is when i did the killing. But again, not sure.

---

"Seems like I've been here before; fuzzy then and still so obscure". - Born Cross-Eyed, by The Grateful Dead.

Edited by 83457
Typos and more

@83457 God Damn it, man! Do you hear yourself? That Key pulses whenever you press back in order to show who has the key! If you were to play multiplayer you would know that you can't do all the rituals at once so this dynamic helps to point out who touched it last. You're losing it! The blinky blinky means nothing! "It means you found the next step for the Cocoon!" NO! Don't listen to me! I'm Patient Zero! "The T-Virus is a lie and the fact that you did it with a PaP Gun isn't intricate or convoluted enough! What gun were you using? Be specific!" No! The character always says something at the end of the round! There's nothing special about anything your character says! "Unless you stand near your ritual!" Fuck! Kill me! "Use the PaP Dingo as Nero and stand by the floating book and you will notice that the MotD crew is dead!" No... It's starting again... Misleading statements and convoluted requirements... I must rest... I must die...

Weird. On 360, anyone can use the key. No one person carries it, just the ritual parts are specific to who picked them up. Anyone can start the ritual if the part is on the altar.

And if what you said was true, it would pulse every time that i hit the back button in solo, which does not occur.

I've only managed to get it to pulse when i start the ritual (It may do more, I'm checking).

It doesn't pulse just because i hit the back button. It doesn't pulse at round end, nor start.

Unless this is different on xbone...

Did this community seriously JUST discover that the ritual circles (arch-ovum) recharges your sword?

I mean clearly some knew and some didnt, thats normal, but why does it seem that this forum is really far back in terms of steps?  Is it just the youtube thing referenced earlier?

The lightning version of the sword says things when u pull it out and/or use it...some people have mistaken this for something unique (it may be important but its common) Further on the ritual rings...the time they appear is odd, I mean they appear ready to be "used"  potentially earlier than you can upgrade. So maybe there is something there,  and since it charges your sword , doesnt that at least hint that we should kill the margwa's that spawn from arch ovum with the sword? This also makes a bit of sense gameplay/difficulty wise. As you would have to "surgically" attempt to kill margwa's without ending the round by killing the last zombie, which is difficult with the sword. Has this been attempted or completed?

Also, why no mention of the purple, then red, then purple gatekeepers that chase you when doing the shadow man battle?

as far as i know, no one has been able to consistently re create this and when the purple keeper chasing you dies he leaves the purple mark on the floor (like from the flag step)

Where is the forum for all this stuff, is it all scattered?

Ok fellas let's get back on track here. I know at the end of a Round after a certain point Nero always says the same quote "I must've achieved something today". This has got to mean we are on the right path. The characters never say the exact same quote at the end of every round and so specifically. 

@DrVonstool & Everyone else reading for that matter. Where do you stand in wether or not this can be failed to the point of no return. You & a vast majority of the regular guys/gals here. Seem to have a really good grasp on the storyline, E.E./Game Mechanics, as well as the game in general.

Now I know they've never done this before, but with Jason Blundell overseeing everything now. More specifically the video he made where he said he was going to make an E.E. "Hard as Fuck" for lack of a better word. How do you feel?

Could this be the reason no progress has been made?

@83457 I'm like you I start analysing everything, which in return always seems to make me Over Analyze everything. But if you've gotta hunch, go for it. Prove yourself wrong, or prove us wrong (which would be awesome btw)!

I just want to get this figured out. At the end of the day that's all that really matters right. My fears are with DLC Season fast approaching, are many players' focus is going to shift over to Der Eisendrache. Making SoE become irrelevant, especially now knowing the NO4 are going to be the playable characters (I assume), and we all know what happens when you start to assume.

@Cunambula

No we didn't JUST discover this. I've talked about this over 3 weeks ago. To answer your question, Yes I've killed all 7 Margwa inside the Illuminated Circles, using nothing but the Sword. Nothing is changed.

As far as "Steps" & "Purple" Keepers are concerned, none of this is proven to be a "Step" of any sort. I believe what's actually happening is nothing more than when you failed to "Capture" the Shadow Man on the first attempt during a Parasite Round. The Shadow Man gains control of the 4 Keepers who are now in a state of latency due to failing. 

THIS community is more driven by the Overall Story & Lore that is Zombies. Not everyone here is even remotely worried about how to Upgrade the A.S. must loan spending hours in end chasing their tail.

If you actually took the time to read through some of the posts made by various people in no specific order. I can name quite a few without even having to think about it.

@PINNAZ @MixMasterNut @Tac @Nightmare Voyager @Chopper @LiamFTWinter @MrRoflWaffles @Stop Mocking Me0 @DeathBringerZen @MysteryMachineX

Edited by Ragdo11706

God I just wish they could just tell us that it exist so that my paranoia can be put at ease lol

So the focus on the A.S is the red circles around each rituals.

Do you only get audio with a pap weapon? Or should we try using the servant on the circles to kill zombies 

@Ragdo11706 The quotes you hear at anytime during the end of a round is normal intended behavior. The Characters react to the round change much like the music reacts to the round change. It's another set of mechanics that have been added. For Exmaple, the equivalent to "At least I've achieved something today." is the banter that The Giant crew have during in-between rounds. It's part of the new way the narrative is played out. If you were to play with two or more players, you would notice that Nero and Jessica talk to each other during in-between rounds which almost replaces the "At least I've achieved something today" quotes. The only quotes you need for the WW are the mythical quotes that aren't your characters voice. As for what your character says, so far they say nothing that is at all important. The only things they say, we already have a concrete understanding of. Worm references, references to the easter egg, references to the story, is all just fun and games. The only time you get a quote from your character that signifies you did something is when you already have a clear understanding of what you are doing. The characters don't lead us with what they say, we lead them and they react. Again, though, the round ending quotes are intended behavior. Nothing out of the ordinary. 

Round 40 came, and all the regular zombies stayed in their spawns. Start of round Mawgra, the fliers, and the pork balls could attack me.

So, am on to something with 40 and the rings, or is it a random glitch at the exact right round?

Now to repeat it and figure out what to do. Rocket Shield (upgrade) around to all of the random tanks in a set amount of time while zombie free?

1 hour ago, 83457 said:

Round 40 came, and all the regular zombies stayed in their spawns. Start of round Mawgra, the fliers, and the pork balls could attack me.

So, am on to something with 40 and the rings, or is it a random glitch at the exact right round?

Now to repeat it and figure out what to do. Rocket Shield (upgrade) around to all of the random tanks in a set amount of time while zombie free?

Wait so your invisible to zombies right now. Not sure I understand. Like there just not attacking you or what. Do you have the shield upgraded or no. Did you hoard them and the kill them while in the circle. 

11 hours ago, Ragdo11706 said:

Wait so your invisible to zombies right now. Not sure I understand. Like there just not attacking you or what. Do you have the shield upgraded or no. Did you hoard them and the kill them while in the circle. 

I did a lot of things early in the game. I forgot about them and intended to quit by 30 or so when my friend came over. He got there by 35, i played to 40 before he was ready to play. When it hit 40, a Mawgra spawned, i started fighting it, rather than quit. Then i realized that all zombies were running away from me and hiding in their spawns.

---

I never upgraded the shield, never saw Lil Arnie. Didn't do any more of the side quest except that i eventually finished upgrading the sword after some of the red circle stuff got too hectic.

Things that i tried: getting kills, with pap guns (i switched them up during rounds), at the (my character's) red circle, when it was lit, after PaP. If you kill at other red circles, they turn off, you must kill at your character's circle.

After pap I tried: getting kills there without eggs. With the egg. With the egg charged, but still held it. With the egg charged and set back in place, but left the sword in place. Built and left the AS at the table while the sword was still in subway.

Eventually took the AS, used it for red circle kills.

I was Nero, the AS was built in waterfront, shield in canals. I had upgraded Trip Mines. Had BK. Classic GG only.

I called the CP several times, and had him land on the horde at my circle as well. He killed a shitload for me at the circle too.

So i basically tried anything to do with the red circle and killing with pap guns, AS, CP, occasional trip mine kill. I even tried with the sword, before picking up the arch-ovum.

I never noticed an audio cue, and had completely forgotten about all that by 40, so i didn't at the moment think 'hey, this must be what the 40 in the circle meant'. I thought it was a random glitch, i ran around stabbing/shooting zombies in their spawns. I had just given the empty AS to the box, because i hadn't thought this was anything other than a glitch until after i turned the game off to hang with my friend. It was 5 minutes later that i thought that it was tied to the red circle because it was round 40.

Maybe i was supposed to PaP while they hid in their spawns. I tried killing them all, but it was hard to track them down, even running back and forth in the pap area, forcing them to spawn where i could get them.

So i pap'd both guns away and rocketed into the abyss to end my game before i ever thought that it might be what the circles had led up to.

So, again, i need to repeat this. I want to say it was leaving the sword and AS while i did the circle kills, but i can't prove it yet.

Maybe it was the CP kills.

Maybe it glitched at the perfect round to drive me insane.

Surely the universe can't hate me that much?

Even if it was a glitch, which i doubt, that could mean that i almost did it right, but not quite, which glitched the game. But I'm guessing there is something to do, or find, or i could PaP the WW.

Edited by 83457
Details
46 minutes ago, 83457 said:

But it's Treyarch, so you must think like a troll if you wish to understand the game. I'm really into game design and theory and can say with experience that Treyarch are terrible at a lot of that. I love zombies, but it's a glitchy mess by a joke company, and that's being polite.

I basically agree (but see statement above for disclaimer), and i don't think it is what caused this, but there is that note, and it is Trollarch...

WWTD? (What would trolls do?).

Take out the upgrade with no way to get it legitimate? Yup.

Make players down themselves to achieve something? Yup.

Take away a players guns, points, perks, because they picked up a gun with the sword out? Yup.

Take away Divinium runs and then charge real money for Divinium? Yup. Though that might be Crackheadvision's fault.

Stop folk from using the upgraded WW, rather than fix actual game ruining issues first? Yup.

Make 2 of the worst 3 cod games? Yup.

I could go on all day, or we could simply accept that they really are so bad at this that they might make us down ourselves for profit.

Happy gaming!

I agree that they fuck up a lot of things, and some of their 'patching' is questionable at best, and utterly baffling and incompetent at worst. But they would never intentionally have a legitimate 'step' of any EE that required the player/s to go down, that is just utter lunacy.

26 minutes ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

2 of the worst three COD Games. Didn't know they made MW3, Ghosts and AW.

CoD3, Bo1, AW. BO1 was officially the death of CoD, we've just been kicking the corpse for a few years. Worst CoD ever.

Oddly, according to sales numbers, mw3 is one of the best sellers. Don't ask me why. I don't get it.

Topic derailed. I'm deleting the other post as it doesn't add to the discussion. Hiypertension is making me assy. I must hide until normal again.

Stevie Wonder, I'm sure that you're correct and I'm just being a turd.

Apologies to CODZ. I know better than to post with high diastolic...

Edited by 83457
44 minutes ago, 83457 said:

CoD3, Bo1, AW. BO1 was officially the death of CoD, we've just been kicking the corpse for a few years. Worst CoD ever.

Oddly, according to sales numbers, mw3 is one of the best sellers. Don't ask me why. I don't get it.

Topic derailed. I'm deleting the other post as it doesn't add to the discussion. Hiypertension is making me assy. I must hide until normal again.

Stevie Wonder, I'm sure that you're correct and I'm just being a turd.

Apologies to CODZ. I know better than to post with high diastolic...

BO1 the worst COD ever and the death of COD? What are you smoking over there?

1 hour ago, steviewonder87 said:

BO1 the worst COD ever and the death of COD? What are you smoking over there?

I know right? BO1 was amazing. Also if COD 3 was the death of COD, then its been dead for absolutely years when that is not true. In fact COD 4 and onwards up until BO2 was basically its golden age.