How to upgrade the Apothican Servant legit?

16 minutes ago, Afrochubman said:

Can anyone explain this

Is this your footage? That name for the Apothicon Servant is not one of the regular four possibilities. You or the player is also wearing a Margwa mask, you can see it in her shadow. The PaP is also purple. If you've found something, pls share :))

Edited by ChinaRepublic
  • Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators
2 hours ago, ChinaRepublic said:

Is this your footage? That name for the Apothicon Servant is not one of the regular four possibilities. If you've found something, pls share :))

Not his footage, it originates from Reddit.  Since my post was the last of page 4, I'll quote it here:

2 hours ago, Tac said:

For anyone who cares, this originates from a Reddit post with the title "d_str_yth_st_t__s," and as one can notice, it appears the vowels are removed.  As others have pointed out on Reddit, it could mean destroy the statues.  Just thought I'd throw that in there.

20 minutes ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

Someone should try playing that voice backwards. 

It's been done, doesn't sound any better. The words are extraordinarily similar(if not the same) to H.P. Lovecraft's fictional R'lyehian language. I found apparently the only known/created English translations of R'lyehian words from CthulhuWiki.

http://www.yog-sothoth.com/wiki/index.php/R'lyehian

Supposedly the translations are by Lovecraft himself and are evident in his books and overall Cthulhu mythos. Although I still question the credibility of the website, I've been listening to the Cthulhu announcer's audio clips relating to the swords and Apothicon Servant. I've actually been able to match up certain fragments of the announcer's phrases to different translations.

I tried studying the phrase heard after picking up the Kor-Maroth. I got the second half of the R'lyehian phrase to be "Kor-Maroth s'uhn bug athg." The phrase without "Kor-Maroth" translates directly to "agree go pact." I'm not sure how the syntax works in this alien language but if the translation is correct I'd think it means something like "go agree to the pact, agree to the Kor-Maroth pact," etc.

Lots of the Cthuvian words in SoE sound strikingly similar to the words on the wiki page. I'll try translating more clips shortly, maybe all of them if I have the time. I wasn't able to find any more R'lyehian translations online, which really makes me question the page's authenticity. If anyone has any ideas or thoughts, I'm all ears.

Hey guys! So while trying to do any progress getting this thing upgraded and basing it on the "destroy the statues" post from reddit i suddenly realized something... The Goddard Apparatus doesn't seem to do anything special but it has 4 charges, 4 statues, maybe it destroys them? Seems like a long shot but worth a try.

BTW I tried a theory of destroying them letting a Margwa stomp you while having the hat. Didn't work :(

So last night Noahj456 did a stream saying he knew how to upgrade it. In actuality he thinks he knows the first step and its to trigger an audio queue, yet he doesn't know how but thinks its getting kills either where you pick up the heart, where you build it or in each characters ritual site. Not sure if it even works but I will try it if I can, anyone else obviously can too.

• Administrators

Se7enSins forum has a post with the current known steps (though no finale) and on Reddit, one user says they have done and confirmed what's been listed thus far, while another originally claimed they had but since said maybe not, and YouTuber "The Resort" states he can't recreate it.

6 hours ago, Ragdo11706 said:

Well see what happens. Luckily I'm already playing and getting ready to get started doing everything.

Update: Alright guys here we go. Round 20 

Sword Upgraded

Margwa Mask

Kor-Maroth

Heading to PaP now, then the 3 Rift Portals.

Anything?

Edited by Afrochubman

Ok, So I F*****G hate Treyarch.

It was weird this game was. First off I built the Apothicon Servant in the Footlight District. I got the Audio Queue when I picked it up. 

So I went and did my thing at the PaP. Once I got the Audio Queue & because I was "Jackie fucking Vincent." (I love this btw) I went to the Canals obviously.

So here's where it gets weird. I got a bunch of kills at the portal & in the Ritual room. I ran out of ammo on the A.S. so I traded it out. I got the rocket launcher & PaP it. When I shot the statue, in Canals it didn't break but all these coins went flying everywhere (I guess that's what it was). And I heard this noise, "Kachingalingaling".

Well I had 120,000 points. I spent them all trying to get the Kor-Maroth back. Never did, the craziest shit was I didn't even see it in the box. Not once, I checked the table in Footlight & it said will be available from the Mystery Box later.

So I did the only other thing I could think of before just quitting. I ran to the table in the Waterfront District. When I went up to it. It read, "Need more parts." Or "Not enough Parts."

I ended up dying. Because I  had no points, no weapons, & Round 30 Zombies. My conclusion is this is not going to be as easy as that one guy said.

What I was telling you guys about the different variables in this map pertaining to which name you get when you finally build it. Each one  is going to have its own Quest to Upgrade to the 2nd form & to become the Arbgwaoth. In either form A or B. I'm almost 100% sure of this. 

17 hours ago, Tac said:

For anyone who cares, this originates from a Reddit post with the title "d_str_yth_st_t__s," and as one can notice, it appears the vowels are removed.  As others have pointed out on Reddit, it could mean destroy the statues.  Just thought I'd throw that in there.

The question is how?

The WW doesn't do it. Arnies? Trip mines? Rocket launcher upgraded? Country music? Do we have any fire? Fire usually kills things...

Edit: Rocket Shield upgraded!

Edited by 83457
13 hours ago, MrKechi115 said:

Hey guys! So while trying to do any progress getting this thing upgraded and basing it on the "destroy the statues" post from reddit i suddenly realized something... The Goddard Apparatus doesn't seem to do anything special but it has 4 charges, 4 statues, maybe it destroys them? Seems like a long shot but worth a try.

BTW I tried a theory of destroying them letting a Margwa stomp you while having the hat. Didn't work :(

The lady's secret! Celeste's!

4 lion statues! 

Also, while playing with Trip Mines (Upgraded to Bouncing Betties), i was throwing them into windows and whatever when i noticed that (360 at least) they stick to an invisible nothing when you try to throw them in the window between the 4 lion statues. As if something is there, that isn't actually there yet, if you know what i mean. Alternate PaP or Lady of the Lake (window?) Style.

Now i just need to bowl a perfect game...

Edited by 83457
Mad typos

What if its a group effort? All these different upgrades to destroy the statues? I am a bit lost with the statues thing but I am assuming its the lions, if not I can't think of another statue.

Just now, Nightmare Voyager said:

What if its a group effort? All these different upgrades to destroy the statues? I am a bit lost with the statues thing but I am assuming its the lions, if not I can't think of another statue.

The egg Cthulu Statues, but I'm leaning towards lion statues since they don't have a use yet that i know of, and they must do something.

Also, the name; the lady's secret, and the BB window sticking thing.

You have to throw Widows Wine Bombs in the Lions mouths. Once you've done all 4, one of the Lions has a White gumball in its mouth. Grab the gumball and place it on a White plate in the candy store window. After a round or two, it'll be bigger & be a Free Mega Gobblegum.

Also, I'm not positive but I feel as if we're going to have to build another Apothicon Servant using a different Margwa Heart. Basically combining the Two, thus giving it the Two names.

3 hours ago, Rissole25 said:

I've noticed the voice seems to activate when a Margwa spawns or is around at times. Since the gun is basically made from a Margwa, I reckon we have to use the Margwa to upgrade it somehow.

I agree. But as I stated earlier, I wouldn'tb  surprised if there are multiple ways to upgrade depending on the name.

11 hours ago, Ragdo11706 said:

Ok, So I F*****G hate Treyarch.

It was weird this game was. First off I built the Apothicon Servant in the Footlight District. I got the Audio Queue when I picked it up. 

So I went and did my thing at the PaP. Once I got the Audio Queue & because I was "Jackie fucking Vincent." (I love this btw) I went to the Canals obviously.

So here's where it gets weird. I got a bunch of kills at the portal & in the Ritual room. I ran out of ammo on the A.S. so I traded it out. I got the rocket launcher & PaP it. When I shot the statue, in Canals it didn't break but all these coins went flying everywhere (I guess that's what it was). And I heard this noise, "Kachingalingaling".

Well I had 120,000 points. I spent them all trying to get the Kor-Maroth back. Never did, the craziest shit was I didn't even see it in the box. Not once, I checked the table in Footlight & it said will be available from the Mystery Box later.

So I did the only other thing I could think of before just quitting. I ran to the table in the Waterfront District. When I went up to it. It read, "Need more parts." Or "Not enough Parts."

I ended up dying. Because I  had no points, no weapons, & Round 30 Zombies. My conclusion is this is not going to be as easy as that one guy said.

What I was telling you guys about the different variables in this map pertaining to which name you get when you finally build it. Each one  is going to have its own Quest to Upgrade to the 2nd form & to become the Arbgwaoth. In either form A or B. I'm almost 100% sure of this. 

Would love to see gameplay of this. You saying possible steps are

kills at PAP - audio cue

kills at ritual room AND portal - audio cue

trace in apothicon servant 

pap xm 53 

shoot statue where u got kills at 

coins fly from it

things to try after this-

smash with margwas now that it's weakened 

maybe it will drop an item to rebuild the upgraded version?

possibly repeat steps at other districts. Of course this theory may disprove the purple pack a punch theory, I'll guess we'll wait and see

So  just a couple of thoughts for Mr. Blundell and his team (I haven't made any progress on this, or even ever built the WW for that matter)

I am really psyched that the game has been out a month and not everything has been solved.  That kind of longevity is fun and exciting.  Props to them for making things so cryptic and difficult. HOWEVER.  This kind of complexity of puzzles should be reserved for a multi-step optional side quest only.  Not to perform a crucial in game mechanic like upgrading a gun.  I blame this on the popularity of the staves in Origins.  Its like they felt they had to top that in terms of upgrading complexity.

So for the DLC maps, if you have any heart at all, please make the core game mechanics simpler to achieve so that non EE hunters can just play a game of zombies, but also please continue to include this level of complexity for the main EE side quest

rant over

18 hours ago, perplexous said:

Would love to see gameplay of this. You saying possible steps are

kills at PAP - audio cue

kills at ritual room AND portal - audio cue

trace in apothicon servant 

pap xm 53 

shoot statue where u got kills at 

coins fly from it

things to try after this-

smash with margwas now that it's weakened 

maybe it will drop an item to rebuild the upgraded version?

possibly repeat steps at other districts. Of course this theory may disprove the purple pack a punch theory, I'll guess we'll wait and see

I would say start by building the Apothicon Servant. You should get the audio cue by doing so. Then I would go to PaP. If don't get the audio cue the entire round, wait for a Margwa to spawn. Either way if you get the Audio Cue or not, the next thing I would do is go to the Ritual room.

After you've done this, keep trying the other locations. After everything else then get rid of the Weapon.

Lol, no no. That was me trying out different things, and I thought it was odd. Although you could try having the Margwa slam It afterwards. 

I'm going to continue to try and grind this out this weekend. Hopefully we make some progress.

EDIT: I'm calling it right now. Were going to be building the 2nd version of the "Apothicon Servant" ;-) 

Still gotta figure out how to Upgrade them both.

Edited by Ragdo11706
On 12/3/2015, 5:05:33, Ragdo11706 said:

You have to throw Widows Wine Bombs in the Lions mouths. Once you've done all 4, one of the Lions has a White gumball in its mouth. Grab the gumball and place it on a White plate in the candy store window. After a round or two, it'll be bigger & be a Free Mega Gobblegum.

When can this be done?

I've done this multiple times on the first couple of rounds, making sure to get them in the mouths, and i never get a gumball. So do you have to have pap open or something?

Chang's laundry thing doesn't work either.

Maybe they are xbone easter eggs?

Edited by 83457
The
15 minutes ago, 83457 said:

When can this be done?

I've done this multiple times on the first couple of rounds, making sure to get them in the mouths, and i never get a gumball. So do you have to have pap open or something?

Chang's laundry thing doesn't work either.

Maybe they are xbone easter eggs?

I do it each game, I play PS4. You have to get it directly in the mouth. Not sure what round, if any.

11 minutes ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

I do it each game, I play PS4. You have to get it directly in the mouth. Not sure what round, if any.

Thanks. It's probably just fighting with me then.

The only consistency in CoD is the inconsistency. Ha.

I always heard the expression, credited to Einstein: the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Therefore, CoD is the definition of insanity, since you can do the same things over and over and quite often get different results.

@The Clay Bird I just want to point out that the only reason this is so difficult is because we are literally sifting through darkness for something or nothing. It's beginning to look a lot like Tranzit, everywhere you go~ Luckily, there are more leads than there were Tranzit. Still, once this is all figured out, you can bet your bottom dollar that you'll be able to have your upgraded Servant by round 19!