How to upgrade the Apothican Servant legit?

If everyone takes one at once, do they have different names?

It seems impossible that they had this same glitch again, maybe it is a step.

Edit: ah, this was patched on xbone. It still worked on 360 the other day, but there was 2 gameplay updates, so maybe it's dead for 360 now as well. Sorry.

-----

What about gumballs like Hidden in Plain Sight? I've used it for regular PaPs, but not the WW. That would be quite the in joke: hidden in plain sight.

Edited by 83457
  • Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/27/2015, 1:59:21, mokie said:

Guys...

What color are are the "upgraded"/Easter Egg Margwa's? 

- They are the same color as the upgraded wonder weapons portal. 

- PURPLE

Anyone tried waiting to create the wonder weapon until they've killed the Purple Margwa's and gotten a heart drop?

:) 

Holy crap, this may very well be the case! The upgraded wonder weapon voids are purple, the Easter Egg Margwa heads are purple, and the upgraded Lil' Arnies are purple!

Here's my theory; solo players are unable to complete the EE but can still reach the final step because it is required to upgrade the Apothicon Servant. But... as we all know the final EE step does not end until completed. It may be possible that it ends once you have upgraded the Apothicon Servant, maybe it gives you an opportunity to eliminate all Margwas and proceed to the next round.

I'll play around with this idea next time I find myself in a good game of Shadows of Evil, wearing the Margwa Mask and all.

2 hours ago, BestOfAllTime32 said:

I got the audio last night right outside the ruby rabbit. 

Thinking about it, I was using the WW right near the canal district spot where you place the egg to spawn margwa for sword upgrade. 

Has me questioning if it's the circles we have to get kills in/around.

You know how there lit up once you've activated PaP. Even if you never started the Sword Quest. The name of the Apothicon Servant has a few different Variables.

Depending on the actions you've made in the game, will depend upon which name you receive. I'm still working it out, basically it all depends on if you've started the Sword Quest & obtained the Apothicon Egg before you build it.

Another thing to note is the Arbgwaoths Portal is Red not Purple. Just to get that out of the way. Now, I've been talking about this for a few weeks. That Damn floating book that we activate & Never do anything with. Has that nice Purple glowing animation like the Shadow Man.

I think well figure it out soon (hopefully sooner than later). But we have still got to figure out how to obtain the alternate version.

Edited by Ragdo11706
1 hour ago, Ragdo11706 said:

You know how there lit up once you've activated PaP. Even if you never started the Sword Quest. The name of the Apothicon Servant has a few different Variables.

Depending on the actions you've made in the game, will depend upon which name you receive. I'm still working it out, basically it all depends on if you've started the Sword Quest & obtained the Apothicon Egg before you build it.

Another thing to note is the Arbgwaoths Portal is Red not Purple. Just to get that out of the way. Now, I've been talking about this for a few weeks. That Danny floating book that we activate & Never do anything with. Has that nice Purple glowing animation like the Shadow Man.

I think well figure it out soon (hopefully sooner than later). But we have still got to figure out how to obtain the alternate version.

Thats strange considering their are about four names: Nar-Ullaqua, Lor-Zarrozor, Mar-Astagua, Kar Maroth. Which I have had all of before. Last night I got the Nar from getting the swords after but I think theres more to it than that considering the four names.

What is Arbgwaoths? Is that like a made up name or something because I don't remember that in map.

Just to update, I tried doing two circle locations with the kor maroth, but I'm now in the 40's so the ammo is getting a little concerning.

I even tried to use the upgraded arnies to see if that triggered anything. 

I am Vincent, the two egg sites I tried were Nero's, and Vincent's. Next up is Jessica, since I just got a max, but it's not enough ammo to do a whole round, so we'll see. I did get a voice,  but I am pretty sure that it was the sword talking, since I had just came through the portal to the pack area. 

Edit: Did Jessica and nothing, too hairy to attempt the docks at this point in the game. Looks like it might have just been coincidence last night though.

Edited by BestOfAllTime32

If you don't do the Sword Quest at all. Leaving the Chamber door shut, the Apothicon Servants name will be based on what Ritual was completed to pick up the Margwa Heart. I still haven't had a lot of time with studying outcomes playing this way.

On the flipside of this. If your playing & you do decide to do the Sword Quest. Once you begin to fill the "Apothicon Egg". This is what determines the name of the Apothicon Servant. So if you start out by placing the Egg in this location first then this will be your result. 

Canal District: Lor-Zarozzor

Footlight District: Kor-Maroth

Rift: Nar-Ullaqua

Waterfront District: Mar-Astagua

I would almost bet, in your game last night when you got the Nar-Ullaqua then the Swords. Your second Ritual was in the Canals, where you killed the Margwa & got the "Canal" heart. Unless you had already started filling up your egg before you built the Nar-Allaqua. In which case you put your egg in the "Rift" statue to begin filling the "Apothicon Egg".

As for the Arbgwaoth. This is the name thats added once the "Apothicon Servant" has been Upgraded. The one that shoots the Red Portal. Not too mention there's a 2nd variation similar to that of MotDs Blunder Gat & Acid Gat. They as well get Arbgwaoth added to the name once upgraded.

Edited by Ragdo11706
Nar-Ullaqua haha Thanx @Nightmare
2 minutes ago, Ragdo11706 said:

If you don't do the Sword Quest at all. Leaving the Chamber door shut, the Apothicon Servants name will be based on what Ritual was completed to pick up the Margwa Heart. I still haven't had a lot of time with studying outcomes playing this way.

On the flipside of this. If your playing & you do decide to do the Sword Quest. Once you begin to fill the "Apothicon Egg". This is what determines the name of the Apothicon Servant. So if you start out by placing the Egg in this location first then this will be your result. 

Canal District: Lor-Zarozzor

Footlight District: Kor-Maroth

Rift: Nar-Allaqua

Waterfront District: Mar-Astagua

I would almost bet, in your game last night when you got the Nar-Allaqua then the Swords. Your second Ritual was in the Canals, where you killed the Margwa & got the "Canal" heart. Unless you had already started filling up your egg before you built the Nar-Allaqua. In which case you put your egg in the "Rift" statue to begin filling the "Apothicon Egg".

As for the Arbgwaoth. This is the name thats added once the "Apothicon Servant" has been Upgraded. The one that shoots the Red Portal. Not too mention there's a 2nd variation similar to that of MotDs Blunder Gat & Acid Gat. They as well get Arbgwaoth added to the name once upgraded.

This by far sounds the most logic. So I guess remembering where you got the margwa heart might be key to getting that first unlock sound since people are getting it in different areas

*Nar-Ullaqua :P

I put it in the Subway statue and then after that I think I died before I put it down again. I didn't get the Margwa heart so i don't know, but we didn't get it from the first Margwa that spawns on round 9. It kind of seems a bit complex and I don't see the link with the swords if its where you get the heart so could you explain it a little more?

I also thought when the servant was upgraded it just changed the name because I remember on the first week of the map coming out and someone upgrading it, they had an upgraded version and it was named the Nar-Ullaqua.

I believe wherever you originally pick up the margwa heart to build the apothicon servant is where you must first kill zombies by the red ritual circle in that district. Once you get the audio cue people have been getting move on to district you got the next part whether that be xenon after or the tentacle. Get kills in that district by the red ritual circle til you hear the audio cue. Then wherever you got the final part get kills in that district with the apothicon servant by the red ritual circle until you hear a audio cue. Then possibly get kills by pack a punch machine. This is my best guess. Essentially you are upgrading each part individually until you upgrade the whole thing. Try it out and let me know if any part is correct. I'll be trying later today.

2 minutes ago, perplexous said:

I believe wherever you originally pick up the margwa heart to build the apothicon servant is where you must first kill zombies by the red ritual circle in that district. Once you get the audio cue people have been getting move on to district you got the next part whether that be xenon after or the tentacle. Get kills in that district by the red ritual circle til you hear the audio cue. Then wherever you got the final part get kills in that district with the apothicon servant by the red ritual circle until you hear a audio cue. Then possibly get kills by pack a punch machine. This is my best guess. Essentially you are upgrading each part individually until you upgrade the whole thing. Try it out and let me know if any part is correct. I'll be trying later today.

Thats an awesome idea dude. I think I might try it too.

Ok. Once you open the chamber the swords are housed in then everything changes. By doing so, wherever you place the "Apothicon Egg", for the very first time. Is what decides the name of the "Apothicon Servant".

See where I listed the names of the "A.S." when placing the "A.E." in said locations statue to begin the Sword Quest. 

Kor-Maroth: Footlight District 

Mar-Astagua: Waterfront District

Nar-Ullaqua: Rift (Which you then confirmed for me)

Lor-Zarozzor: Canal District

Now if you play without the Swords & leave the Chamber closed. By keeping the map pure. Everything is totally different. I've yet to work it all out because it's more complex. But 2 of the 4 names I know. I just haven't had enough time. 

I do have to thank @MixMasterNut for embedding the idea that it had something to do with the names.

As well as @Chopper at this point I'm not 100% sure it's not a Glitch. But here's the information I've gathered. Honestly I believe this is what everyone has been missing. Could be wrong, but it seems like to much of a coincidence if so.

30 minutes ago, Ragdo11706 said:

Ok. Once you open the chamber the swords are housed in then everything changes. By doing so, wherever you place the "Apothicon Egg", for the very first time. Is what decides the name of the "Apothicon Servant".

See where I listed the names of the "A.S." when placing the "A.E." in said locations statue to begin the Sword Quest. 

Kor-Maroth: Footlight District 

Mar-Astagua: Waterfront District

Nar-Ullaqua: Rift (Which you then confirmed for me)

Lor-Zarozzor: Canal District

Now if you play without the Swords & leave the Chamber closed. By keeping the map pure. Everything is totally different. I've yet to work it all out because it's more complex. But 2 of the 4 names I know. I just haven't had enough time. 

I do have to thank @MixMasterNut for embedding the idea that it had something to do with the names.

As well as @Chopper at this point I'm not 100% sure it's not a Glitch. But here's the information I've gathered. Honestly I believe this is what everyone has been missing. Could be wrong, but it seems like to much of a coincidence if so.

I get it now. So before the swords, what if it is where you build it? I tried testing it but sadly could not get Xenomatter.

So I'm leaning more towards it being which Ritual you actually do first. Again I'm not positive but twice in a row I've done Neros Ritual first & both times I've received the Mar-Astagua.

Once you've opened PaP & the map has turned Red. Even if you haven't opened the Sword Chamber the Symbols out front of the Rituals are glowing red with these weird Symbols. I would start here.

4 minutes ago, Ragdo11706 said:

So I'm leaning more towards it being which Ritual you actually do first. Again I'm not positive but twice in a row I've done Neros Ritual first & both times I've received the Mar-Astagua.

Once you've opened PaP & the map has turned Red. Even if you haven't opened the Sword Chamber the Symbols out front of the Rituals are glowing red with these weird Symbols. I would start here.

Isn't it possible to get it before doing a ritual?

9 hours ago, Ragdo11706 said:

Another thing to note is the Arbgwaoths Portal is Red not Purple. Just to get that out of the way. Now, I've been talking about this for a few weeks. That Damn floating book that we activate & Never do anything with. Has that nice Purple glowing animation like the Shadow Man.

Isn't the floating book just part of the Easter Egg? I've heard other people talk about it's uselessness before. After upgrading the swords, I go to Nero's apartment and interact with the book. After that the flag is lowered in the Widow's Wine room. When I don't interact with the book the flag remains attached to the ceiling.

10 minutes ago, MixMasterNut said:

There's been some new voice clips discovered.  The voice may be in the same language as the WW names.  This might be a clue to the next steps.  Take a listen...

- Mix

They say the WW names too. But these voice clips were known about since the leaked beta files and I have heard them countless times thinking it to either be backwards, another language or just plain gibberish. 

1 minute ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

They say the WW names too. But these voice clips were known about since the leaked beta files and I have heard them countless times thinking it to either be backwards, another language or just plain gibberish. 

Well they may well be gibberish (or some kind of Lovecraftian type dialect), but I know for a fact that some of these sounds are called 'upgrade_ready' and 'upgrade_complete' for the WW. Even if they aren't the key to actually doing it, they could well signify to the player when the process is completed.

1 hour ago, ChinaRepublic said:

Isn't the floating book just part of the Easter Egg? I've heard other people talk about it's uselessness before. After upgrading the swords, I go to Nero's apartment and interact with the book. After that the flag is lowered in the Widow's Wine room. When I don't interact with the book the flag remains attached to the ceiling.

You activate the book to "Summon" the "Keepers". Once you've done so & even completed the E.E./Side Quest the "Magic Book" is still there floating, chilling. There's got to be a way to "Finish"/"Close" the book. makes no sense why we wouldn't.

I have a gut feeling this may have something do with what @Chopper is working on?!?!

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, Afrochubman said:

Can anyone explain this

For anyone who cares, this originates from a Reddit post with the title "d_str_yth_st_t__s," and as one can notice, it appears the vowels are removed.  As others have pointed out on Reddit, it could mean destroy the statues.  Just thought I'd throw that in there.