Really Treyarch? Is this just me?

This is the second time I've redownloaded and reinstalled the game. Is it just me? How do I fix this? All my graphics are already at the base they can be.5645579970fd5_Screenshot(1).thumb.png.41

Screenshot (2).png

The picture in the top left of the first screencap is a friend of mine spilling a  milkshake. Just so we are all in the clear that I'm a socially adjusted individual.

Edited by shirtlesservice
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Matuzz said:

Looks like your graphics card is gone. Do your other games run fine?

Everything else I play runs great, league, CS:GO, I play world at war on this laptop with custom maps just fine... To be fair, this is the first like AAA game I've bought, it just seems like it's been corrupted. Apparently i5 processor computers (like mine) are having issues, but I wanted to see if anyone else had it this bad or had a way to fix it

If you are with Nvidia, some graphic cards can enable Performance Boosters in the Control panel, it helps me siphon out the crap stuff even when I don't need it. If not you should really find out what card you have and the size of your video ram. I'm no expert but there is a way to get good performance on your game, by optimizing it via the Steam launcher. I used to play DayZ a lot and everyone I knew got terrible performance for the game, but they figured out a way via Steam to optimize your start-up settings so it uses up a dedicated amount of your Ram, without the changing sporadically and causing leakage like this. This may look like an extreme way to fix your game, and I don't even know if it works with Call of Duty. Anyway, if you're desperate this could work.

Go to your Steam and right-click your Black Ops III in the Library,
Go into your Game's Properties and find the "Set Launch Options" option and a box will pop up.
These are the things you can type in that I found when trying to optimize DayZ:

•  -nosplash – removes the Bohemia Interactive splash page, letting you get into the game faster.
  • -skipintro – skips the intro, getting you into the game faster.
  • -noPause – keeps the game running while minimized or not focused.
  • -world=*empty  disables the map from loading on launch, meaning you get into the game launcher quicker, but loading the game will take longer. 
  • -cpuCount=8 – set this to how many cores your CPU has. Most systems are either 2 (dual-core), 4 (quad-core), or 8 (octa-core).
  • -maxMem =8192 – set this to the total amount of RAM your system has, 2048 for 2GB,  4096 for 4GB, 8192 for 8GB.
  • -window – launches the game in windowed mode, if that’s something you’re looking for.
  •  -noborder – launches the game in border-less windowed mode.
  • -exThreads=7 – set this to 0,1,3 or 7 – this is the amount of threads your CPU uses. Defaults to 3 for dual-core, or 7 for quad-core.

Do what you can. If it doesn't work, well, at least you tried something. For me with a lot of games it helps in the long run.

Hope this helped mate.

1 hour ago, shirtlesservice said:

I've got 6 gigs of RAM, don't know what my graphics card is (I didn't purchase this laptop, I'm asking my dad, he's going to look it up this evening) so that's what I've got so far. The game actually fails before I even join a game.... Might uninstall and try again

You can see what the graphics card is by going to Steam and from the top of the screen click help and then System information. Most likely you don't have GPU good enough to run the game. Uninstalling again won't solve your problem.

3 minutes ago, Matuzz said:

You can see what the graphics card is by going to Steam and from the top of the screen click help and then System information. Most likely you don't have GPU good enough to run the game. Uninstalling again won't solve your problem.

Yeah it looks like you're right, I have some intel graphics card (HD graphics 4600) Which as it turns out doesn't help, and you're right, it's not enough to run it... I'll just wait until I can build my own PC, maybe later this year. This is unfortunate, but thank you for helping @Matuzz :)

• Tech Admin
1 hour ago, shirtlesservice said:

Yeah it looks like you're right, I have some intel graphics card (HD graphics 4600) Which as it turns out doesn't help, and you're right, it's not enough to run it... I'll just wait until I can build my own PC, maybe later this year. This is unfortunate, but thank you for helping @Matuzz :)

Easiest way to find out, a little unknown/forgotten system tool already built into windows and gives you the information you need.

Click Start . All programs / Accessories / System Tools / System Information, as far as I'm led to believe 6GB RAM is also to low to run this game.

1 minute ago, Hells Warrrior said:

Easiest way to find out, a little unknown/forgotten system tool already built into windows and gives you the information you need.

Click Start . All programs / Accessories / System Tools / System Information

I looked through there, but I didnt think that the 4600 HD card was actually the right one, I had to double check it with steam just to be sure, but thank you, I appreciate the thought, my PC just isn't up to snuff