Dahniska

My recommended Gobblegum picks for Solo

Dahniska    30

Hey guys. 

I've spent the past bunch of days grinding out this game and I really love it. There's so much good stuff and so many options available, more than ever before. Gobblegum opens up a ton more options for strategies and is super useful. I've gotten 100+ 2 times already for Shadows of Evil and so I've spent a lot of time working on strategies for the map and Gobblegum really plays a lot into it. I'm expecting it to be like this for all future maps for the game as well. 

With this in mind, I made a list of the Gobblegum picks I would recommend for Solo gameplay. A lot of the gumballs are only really worth using in co-op or not useful at all, but some are very very vital. Here's the ones that I recommend the highest, in the order of usefulness. Mega gumballs are in bold. Hope you all find this useful in your runs on this map!

Perkaholic - The rarest gumball of all, but the most vital. Awards you with all perks that can be obtained on the map. Every perk on SOE is helpful on high rounds (Jug, Stamin-up and Revive are basically mandatory) but you are much much better off with more perks than less. This gumball also is even better as it can give Revive after the machine is gone. 

On the House - Spawns a free perk power up. The perk you get is random but it's very very nice to get this. I consider this more useful than Unquenchable as it can give Revive after the machine goes. 

Alchemical Antithesis - You thought Max Ammo drops were good? Well, this is even better. For 60 seconds, every time you earn points it adds a bullet to your gun - so you can get unlimited ammo for a period of time and it refills everything for you. Better yet, you get 2 uses with each gumball AND it's not a Mega gumball, so there is no limit to how much you can use it. 

Unquenchable - Allows you to buy an extra perk of your choice. 

Cache Back - Spawns a free Max Ammo. Obviously useful. I should mention no drop but a Max Ammo is even worth caring about on Shadows of Evil so yeah. 

Lucky Crit - Description reads "Improves your chances of activating an alternate ammo type". I'm assuming this refers to having a better chance of Max Ammo when harvesting pods, using The Giant teleporters, etc. If so this will be useful if you can't get one of the other ones above. 

Killing Time - Freezes all zombies in place for 20 seconds. Zombies shot will die when the time is up. A great "get out of jail" card.

In Plain Sight - Basically Zombie Blood 2.0. Ten seconds of the zombies ignoring you. You won't have enough time to use this if you are already trapped but if you see a bad situation coming, then you can use this to save your life. 

Anywhere But Here - Teleports you to a random location in the currently available map area. There's a blast when you reappear that knocks zombies away. Similar to the gumballs above, this helps in sticky situations. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dahniska said:

Lucky Crit - Description reads "Improves your chances of activating an alternate ammo type". I'm assuming this refers to having a better chance of Max Ammo when harvesting pods, using The Giant teleporters, etc. If so this will be useful if you can't get one of the other ones above. 

I just want to clarify... This has to do with the new double (and triple, quadruple, etc) pack-a-punch system, and your chances of activating the new ammo types at any particular time while shooting is increased.

Edited by shirtlesservice