Sign in to follow this  
Stop Mocking Me0

Theory on richtofen's plans (SOE Spoilers)

In the final cutscene of shadows of evil, we see the beast get vanquished by the 4 sinners. When the guardian returns with the key for the 4, richtofen appears and takes the key into a portal. 

Now, In the giant, (and this is quoted by dempsey) we see richtofen reach down and mess with his older selves body. 

I have 2 theorys. 

1: Richtofen put the key into his older self in some sort of means of god knows what plans he and maxis have. 

2: He put richtofen's dieing soul into the key in some sort of means of god knows what plans he and maxis have. 

Likewise I don't think we'll be seeing the S4 again, because A-their story is pretty much over. they've conquered the shadow man. And B- actors like that don't stick around for long in treyarch. 

My real question now is: Can one further the giant now? Can one complete more of the easter egg now that richtofen has his key? 

• Like 2

BombProof    25

I've been away from the forums for a while but I feel the need to share some things based on what you posted. First of all, I'm so glad that "The Giant" is now playable, we get to solve a few things now. :D

Anyway... I'm going to list a few things that I find important after exploring and playing "The Giant" over the last few days.

- Dempsey says these things to Richtofen: "Right after we got here, after you said goodbye to your evil twin, you did something strange." "I know you're sick Richtofen, but why were you messing around with your own corpse?" "Hey, I know what I saw. I saw you stoop down and hold something against the body."

I don't know if it's the key that Richtofen used to mess about with his dead body, but it's an idea and I don't have a better one. If it is the key he held against the body, I'm more in favor of your point #2.

- Dempsey says this to Takeo: "We gotta piece it all together, Tak. Why did he come here... AGAIN."

How many times has Richtofen visited "The Giant" exactly? I'm pretty sure Dempsey is referring to the time where the standard crew fought the zombies at "Der Riese", so why or how does Origins Dempsey know about this? He wasn't there, only standard Dempsey was there. So we must question if Richtofen has been there more than once before arriving in the teleporter during the cutscene for "The Giant".

- A quote from Dempsey: "Field report. Dimensional insertion point was off, we were too late. Richtofen interrupted established continuity, what happens next is uncertain. Allied operatives MIA, I have no choice but to continue the mission alone."

I'm not sure what Dempsey means by this because this quote only plays when you launch a solo game with Dempsey. I can't say for sure if he's talking about the standard Richtofen which interrupted what he was supposed to do at "The Giant", or if he's talking about Origins Richtofen who teleported to "The Giant" which definitely could be considered as an interruption. If it was Origins Richtofen who interrupted the mission, where is he while Dempsey is fighting zombies by himself? After all, allied operatives are MIA.

- There appears to be a large robot that we know from "Origins" in the background behind the mainframe where the pack-a-punch machine is, it's head is hanging from something, perhaps a crane. It was not in "Der Riese" so I can't be sure how or why it got there.

- Maxis plays the "Hide & Seek" easter egg with the characters now instead of Samantha. Maxis makes a comment when you begin: "I want to play a game. Let's play hide and seek. Those were her exact words..." During this easter egg he says: "Oh, you found another one. There must be a purpose to all of this."

I don't know why Maxis does this instead of Samantha now, Maybe something to think about.

- Dempsey says to Richtofen: "Are you gonna tell us where you've been for the last two years?"

Richtofen has been up to something within this time, including visiting SoE to get that summoning key, supposedly. What else has he been doing? And what on earth have the other characters been doing in that time too? I'm sure more will be revealed with DLC but there seems to be so much going on in Black Ops III, and so many loose ends.

I apologise for the long post, but I didn't want to make a new thread or anything, and I felt these things were worth mentioning somewhere. Good post OP, and I agree with some of your theory you got going there.

• Like 1

Tac    462
48 minutes ago, alexthingy said:

- Dempsey says this to Takeo: "We gotta piece it all together, Tak. Why did he come here... AGAIN."

How many times has Richtofen visited "The Giant" exactly? I'm pretty sure Dempsey is referring to the time where the standard crew fought the zombies at "Der Riese", so why or how does Origins Dempsey know about this? He wasn't there, only standard Dempsey was there. So we must question if Richtofen has been there more than once before arriving in the teleporter during the cutscene for "The Giant".

It's worthy to keep in mind that for your first question, the answer could potentially lie in this radio from Nikolai:

Spoiler

It's not all bad news, Nikolai. We may have failed in our mission, but at least there is one less Richtofen to deal with. If it is any consolation, tell him that the first one was the hardest. I should know, I've killed at least three Richtofen's. There was the one in the fire, the one with the boat hook, and the one - what? No one told me. Sorry, forget what I just said. Everything will be fine.

• Like 1

BombProof    25
3 hours ago, Tac said:

It's worthy to keep in mind that for your first question, the answer could potentially lie in this radio from Nikolai:

Hide contents

It's not all bad news, Nikolai. We may have failed in our mission, but at least there is one less Richtofen to deal with. If it is any consolation, tell him that the first one was the hardest. I should know, I've killed at least three Richtofen's. There was the one in the fire, the one with the boat hook, and the one - what? No one told me. Sorry, forget what I just said. Everything will be fine.

Oh wow, I didn't hear this radio. I wonder how so many Richtofen's got in one place at the same time. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think there are two options about that.

1) Richtofen is using the summoning key to summon extra Richtofens,

2) Richtofens from different times figured out how to use teleporters. 

Anything I ever knew about the storyline has been destroyed by these new events in Black Ops III, but I love it. Also, concerning the radio, is Nikolai talking to himself or to a separate Nikolai (maybe the test subject version they were supposed to awaken)?