SOE EE FINALLY COMPLETE!

jaxzy

So is the reward just the cutscene ,  and keeping perks when downed? Pretty tame rewards there. Like it would be worth doing if you got and kept all perks when downed, like in other maps. 

Not able to do it solo is disheartening to say the least. As someone who doesn't want to play with 4 people, it means I won't be able to do it at all most likely. Why give us back the legitimate way of playing 2/3 player games, and then take away a solo able EE.

I'm already tiring of the ritual steps, and I don't even have 2 days played yet. I hate having to take 30 extra minutes just to set up the PAP, so I can start killing zombies.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, BestOfAllTime32 said:

So is the reward just the cutscene ,  and keeping perks when downed? Pretty tame rewards there. Like it would be worth doing if you got and kept all perks when downed, like in other maps. 

Not able to do it solo is disheartening to say the least. As someone who doesn't want to play with 4 people, it means I won't be able to do it at all most likely. Why give us back the legitimate way of playing 2/3 player games, and then take away a solo able EE.

I'm already tiring of the ritual steps, and I don't even have 2 days played yet. I hate having to take 30 extra minutes just to set up the PAP, so I can start killing zombies.

You dont even get to keep the perks you had when you went down. Liam cleared this up in a video he made yesterday, stating that someone had the Gobblegum at the time he went down. 

So basically you get a mid-game cutscene (not game ending), A calling card (looks pretty cool), & complete a dark ops challenge. I don't even think you get an achievement for this. Pretty F*****g lame if you ask me. That's why I say no way that it's finished.

6 hours ago, Rissole25 said:

It's kind of funny isn't it. Everyone (not literally everyone) wanted the Campaign team to take over, saying Mob and Origins were so much better than the rest (right in some aspects). They wanted Jimmy out. And now it seems like everyone is denouncing them and this map and want the old Zombies team back.

If you interpreted that from my comments then you are mistaken. I love the map and think it is really well designed, looks fantastic and is generally just really good fun to play on. The only thing that bothers me is the side quest and forced rituals to open PaP.

I also loved Mob of the Dead but absolutely loathed having to build and refuel the plane several times a game, every game we played and although Origins was also in the same mold at least opening PaP wasn't too bad. The zombie team did a terrible job with their BO2 maps for the most part and same with the EE reward system but the steps were at least fun in Die Rise and Buried and didn't involve much rinse & repeat of killing zombies. The campaign team make beautiful and interesting maps but their obsession with killing zombies during side quests is really starting to wear thin. They did well with Mob & Origins though so I expected better than this, but they have time to improve so here's hoping.

7 hours ago, Rissole25 said:

It's kind of funny isn't it. Everyone (not literally everyone) wanted the Campaign team to take over, saying Mob and Origins were so much better than the rest (right in some aspects). They wanted Jimmy out. And now it seems like everyone is denouncing them and this map and want the old Zombies team back.

I won't lie, it definitely has flaws (don't get me started on the fact you can literally see the edge of the water down by the docks). But I just thought it was something worth pointing out.

I'd still take this over any of the Zombie team created maps in BO2. Sure, the Easter Egg Quest was underwhelming, but it's still a really solid map in my opinion.

15 hours ago, Rissole25 said:

I won't lie, it definitely has flaws (don't get me started on the fact you can literally see the edge of the water down by the docks). But I just thought it was something worth pointing out.

In my honest opinion, I've noticed the campaign team managed to set a great atmosphere and managed to give a decent backstory to the characters.

In Mob of the Dead, we knew a lot more about the MOTD4 in one map than we ever did about the TranZit 4 in 3 maps.

Their backstories were simple (criminals, all apart of the same mob, etc) unlike the TranZit 4 who were confusing as hell.

Broken Arrow ring a bell anyone?

Hell, even Brutus has more known about him than "The Giant" in Buried.

Rituals are pretty easy in my opinion, its like an extension of generators but theres only four and you have more space. Just keep a zombie and spend a minute running round some keepers, simple.

On 11/14/2015, 4:53:19, Ragdo11706 said:

I do have to agree with Liam & DBZ about the Rituals. It gets to be rather redundant after you've done it 50x. It's one of those things that I know a lot of you guys hate as well as myself.

That is being forced to do something in a map every single f*****g time we play it, just to use a basic feature since W@W. This is my biggest disappointment with SoE. The swords I completely understand. Once there upgraded are pretty amazing, if used properly.

Origins had it right, with powering the generators to use the PaP. Not too hard nor time consuming. Hopefully in the maps to follow it won't be so bad. Although if they do end up releasing 2 maps per DLC, 1 New & 1 classic. I'll definitely understand why. Especially if every new map is going to follow the trend of MoTD & SoE.

That second paragraph is the one I really hope the team will see form the many people who have complained and will adjust this for the maps going forward.  I am completely and totally fine with the Rituals in terms of their complexity and difficulty, if they were solely to begin the side quest full easter egg.  That is fine.  Like the samantha says, or hitting the eclipse on shangri la, etc.   But as a mechanism to open the pack a punch which is a core gameplay mechanic, it is WAYYYY too much to require to do this every single game

Please Jason see this and take the constructive criticism to heart!

On 11/14/2015, 7:19:08, PortlyLlama80 said:

I honestly don't get why everyone is so pissed about the rituals, it's no less harder or easier then the way to open the PaP on past maps, and in fact easier then many as well; it's far form annoying.

well this is just simply false.   Maybe once you have memorized the locations of all the secret items, and what not it isn't necessarily a lot "harder" but tell that to my friend lovingly known as "Noobtar" who can't seem to stay alive trying to avoid the keepers while performing a ritual, but he has no problem linking 3 teleporters in der riese, or standing on a tile to open Pap in shangri la, etc.

So yeah, doing the rituals for casual players of the game I imagine is a humongous pain in the ass and probably has prevented many from playing more on SoE

1 hour ago, The Clay Bird said:

well this is just simply false.   Maybe once you have memorized the locations of all the secret items, and what not it isn't necessarily a lot "harder" but tell that to my friend lovingly known as "Noobtar" who can't seem to stay alive trying to avoid the keepers while performing a ritual, but he has no problem linking 3 teleporters in der riese, or standing on a tile to open Pap in shangri la, etc.

So yeah, doing the rituals for casual players of the game I imagine is a humongous pain in the ass and probably has prevented many from playing more on SoE

Well I mean, I can see why it may be hard for some, but I don't really find it any harder then building the plane or powering the generators; and definitely easier then the latter.

27 minutes ago, PortlyLlama80 said:

Well I mean, I can see why it may be hard for some, but I don't really find it any harder then building the plane or powering the generators; and definitely easier then the latter.

how is it easier than literally "pushing x" ?  like if i didn't check this site or watch youtube videos i simply wouldn't even know Nero's room existed.  I mean some of the Mob of the dead parts i probably could have figured out, but the learning curve is just so damn high that its not even fun to play without playing with people who are already experts at the map.  that'[s the problem

2 hours ago, The Clay Bird said:

Agreed. Very complicated, and complex maps like this will turn off new-comers to the mode.

3 hours ago, The Clay Bird said:

how is it easier than literally "pushing x" ?  like if i didn't check this site or watch youtube videos i simply wouldn't even know Nero's room existed.  I mean some of the Mob of the dead parts i probably could have figured out, but the learning curve is just so damn high that its not even fun to play without playing with people who are already experts at the map.  that'[s the problem

The learning curve isn't that steep, and once you know what to do it's pretty easy to do it, especially since PaP permanantly stays open once you are done.

46 minutes ago, PortlyLlama80 said:

The learning curve isn't that steep,

Agree to disagree i suppose.  Obviously we are all zombie enthusiasts here who spend a ton of time playing, but I can assure you for other more casual zombie players such as my friends, it is a quite steep learning curve.  so far I've basically had to assign one specific ritual to each of my friends because they are having trouble even remembering one, much less 4.