Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
steviewonder87

WunderWaffe needs a serious buff!!

Recommended Posts

What do people think of the new WW? I think it's a joke. It doesn't chain the whole bunch, or even more than like 4-5, and it chains super slow compared to the WAW/BO1 counterpart. The BO1 version was nerfed to chain only 10 whereas the WAW one did the whole 24 (no idea what the limit is for zombie spawns on BO3), but it counteracted this by fixing the 'Jugg zapper' effect present in WAW. The BO3 version was making crawlers on round 20 ffs! Also not a fan of the pink bits on the PAP version, but I could live with it if the thing actually worked like a proper Wunderwaffe!

 

Rant over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

I thought the wunderwaffe was bugged. Pretty sure treyarch will fix it soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spider3000    140
4 minutes ago, Schrödinger said:

This weapon has never killed 24 zombies at once.

I'm pretty sure it did in World at War, when Pack-a-Punched.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

6 hours ago, Schrödinger said:

This weapon has never killed 24 zombies at once.

Yes it has. Same as the Thundergun or Wave Gun.

 

From the Nazi Zombies Wiki:

In World at War the Wunderwaffe DG-3 JZ can be used to kill 24 zombies at a time, instead of the regular 10. However, in Black Ops it has been reduced to only kill 10 zombies (the same as the regular Wunderwaffe).

 

Edit: I just tested on WAW with the upgraded WW and it appears you are right, I think it's capped to 10. However it still stands that the BO3 version chains appallingly and doesn't do more than 5 at a time from my experience, and doesn't even kill them all half the time.

Edited by steviewonder87

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

I think it is terrible in it's current state. It can still kill zombies but it's too slow doing so and that can lead to death pretty quickly. I can only assume they will patch it at some point because it is going to be pretty unpopular otherwise.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the same theme, what's up with the monkeys too? Zombies still hit you if you are within hitting range even when you've thrown a monkey? I'm not sure if it's a bug or intentional but I don't like it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

The Clay Bird    173
1 hour ago, steviewonder87 said:

On the same theme, what's up with the monkeys too? Zombies still hit you if you are within hitting range even when you've thrown a monkey? I'm not sure if it's a bug or intentional but I don't like it.

Yeah, my girlfriend fell victim to this the other night when she saw a max ammo she threw her monkeys like she always has on the map, and jumped off the catwalk to go grab the max ammo, and got immediately downed by zombies running toward the other monkey. it was quite the surprise to her.  Again maybe it is a changed mechanic and is intentional, but its pretty surprising to people who have gotten used to the way these items have worked for the past 7 years

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, The Clay Bird said:

Yeah, my girlfriend fell victim to this the other night when she saw a max ammo she threw her monkeys like she always has on the map, and jumped off the catwalk to go grab the max ammo, and got immediately downed by zombies running toward the other monkey. it was quite the surprise to her.  Again maybe it is a changed mechanic and is intentional, but its pretty surprising to people who have gotten used to the way these items have worked for the past 7 years

I'm gonna go with it's a bug, I'm leaning that way with the Wunderwaffe too, and Treyarch need to patch it ASAP. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

RedDeadRiot    98

+ They made that gun BEAUTIFUL. It needs to get fixed before she becomes an afterthought and Ray Gun Dingo becomes the loadout of the gods.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Clay Bird    173
11 minutes ago, RedDeadRiot said:

+ They made that gun BEAUTIFUL. It needs to get fixed before she becomes an afterthought and Ray Gun Dingo becomes the loadout of the gods.

Is the Dingo the best LMG by far?  I've been liking the BRK double packed and then whichever one is Athena's Spear packed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RedDeadRiot    98
23 minutes ago, The Clay Bird said:

Is the Dingo the best LMG by far?  I've been liking the BRK double packed and then whichever one is Athena's Spear packed

Idk I just love saying Dingo so it's the one i spin for lol. No complaints with it though. It's done it's job well, I like it double packed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, steviewonder87 said:

On the same theme, what's up with the monkeys too? Zombies still hit you if you are within hitting range even when you've thrown a monkey? I'm not sure if it's a bug or intentional but I don't like it.

yep that fucked me over the other day on the giant that did .... the zombie just wobbled its head and just kept slapping at me i didnt have chance to even get away. they worked bad in bo1 they would slap you then run to the monkey. this time they dont it seems it only affects a certain amount. ive no idea why because the beacons in origins they was flawless as monkey bombs so why did they not use that string or line of code? so the monkeys worked right? .... and the waffe sucks yep takes way to long to chain to the zombies unpaped that is

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

Spider3000    140

Yeah, the Wunderwaffe is very disappointing compared to how it worked in Black Ops 1. That Monkey issue almost got me down a couple of times too, but I get the feeling that, that was intentional of the developers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×