Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
NaBrZHunter

Gobblegum, Perks, Liquid Divinium & Dr. Monty's Factory

Recommended Posts

NaBrZHunter    488

I didn't think I'd be a fan of Gobblegum. But now I love the stuff. They could probably be nerfed, but I love how they work, the odds, and what it takes to find divinium (very sluethy, Treyarch. Reminds me of one of Nikolai's old comments-"points are overrated. It's the fun that really counts!")

 

So just a few thoughts...

 

The factory is awesome. It would seem that we may be heading towards learning more about the history of the perk-a-colas, something I've wanted to see more of that since way back when I saw an NGT playthrough of a custom map that was supposed to be the manufacturing facility, featuring a conveyer belt carrying perk machines. Now, in the background of Dr. Monty's factory, the perk bottles can be seen moving along a conveyer belt. Though I still have some misgivings about the damage their abilities do to the "scientific" perspective, perhaps I can overlook that.

 

But still, some GG are OP'd. I'm thinking, as cool as it is, the GG that revives all teammates and allows them to keep their perks needs nerfing-just a revive all, or the next time you revive someone, they keep their perks. 

 

I would also suggest that they add an inventory slot for Divinium, which caps out at 3 per game, or some equivalent limitation. I don't know if it's too late for that, but maybe not...?

 

Thoughts?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RedDeadRiot    98

Love it, love the sense of strategy you can put into it (different packs for different Strats/# of players) and how it changes the game enough to make it a viable mechanic, but doesn't reallllly hurt too much (imagine getting all perks on a throwaway playthrough, again where customizing packs comes in handy).

Was hoping they would include Wildcards again but this is a great way to (at least)  temporarily swing the game in our favors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did believe it would just have been a one time gimmick for SoE that didn't carry much weight going into DLC but I must agree, I actually like the plethora of strategies they now bring to zombies. Especially because It's not exactly guaranteed to get what you want. I would certainly love to see new Gobblegum come into the fold with future DLC too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Kill_All_Monkeys said:

I did believe it would just have been a one time gimmick for SoE that didn't carry much weight going into DLC but I must agree, I actually like the plethora of strategies they now bring to zombies. Especially because It's not exactly guaranteed to get what you want. I would certainly love to see new Gobblegum come into the fold with future DLC too.

Yeh I was surprised they included it on both maps (so I assume every map in BO3 will have them now) when I initially heard about them, as like you I thought it would be a SoE exclusive thing (like the Wunderfizz on Origins). And I'm really liking them I have to say.

 

I would be stunned if they don't make more with future DLC (I have a model rip from the BO3 beta and I thought I saw more gumball variants in there, but I don't know them all off by heart so I'd have to check again - I won't say anything if I do find some new ones as it would be kind of a 'leak' I suppose) I just hope they don't introduce 'microtransactions' for extra OP gumballs or any shit like that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

1 hour ago, steviewonder87 said:

Yeh I was surprised they included it on both maps (so I assume every map in BO3 will have them now) when I initially heard about them, as like you I thought it would be a SoE exclusive thing (like the Wunderfizz on Origins). And I'm really liking them I have to say.

 

I would be stunned if they don't make more with future DLC (I have a model rip from the BO3 beta and I thought I saw more gumball variants in there, but I don't know them all off by heart so I'd have to check again - I won't say anything if I do find some new ones as it would be kind of a 'leak' I suppose) I just hope they don't introduce 'microtransactions' for extra OP gumballs or any shit like that.

I don't want to see any microtransactions in zombies. Just give me a "pack" with every new map and I'll be happy.

 

I also remember that list though it's possible some of those just got cut like the ammo-matic perk.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Kill_All_Monkeys said:

I don't want to see any microtransactions in zombies. Just give me a "pack" with every new map and I'll be happy.

 

I also remember that list though it's possible some of those just got cut like the ammo-matic perk.

Well, if there are any cool cut ones I'll be sure to include them in my own maps, when the mod tools come out. :)

 

Just like I did with Amm-o-matic (added my own jingle and the original player quotes too).

 

2f5cde7a716e6e3536ce94c4585a0413.png

Edited by steviewonder87
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

divinium is rarer then you think. Even if you can get multiple ones in one game, you can only bring in 5. So the way I see it, the bigger my collection of gumballs the better. 


Furthermore, I don't think the gum is OP, even that revive one, because doing the easter egg and other things of the sort look REALLY freaking hard. I've been watching the NGT livestreams and GOD! Margwas become as common as zombies by a certain point. Also, remember, there's a LOW chance of ever getting that gumball, and you can only use it once per game saddly, so it's pretty fair. 

 

I hope they gradually include more and more gobblegums as time goes on, as well as box weapons. It feels like there's a very low amount of weapons to me for some reason. Maybe it's because they all look futurisitc and the same to me but there are a few I'd really like to see. Like the purifier, and a compression bow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NaBrZHunter    488
20 minutes ago, Kill_All_Monkeys said:

I thought it was a unique idea for zombies too

Just OP'd, IMO. I'm just not a fan of Buried.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NaBrZHunter    488
4 minutes ago, steviewonder87 said:

Was there anything in Buried that wasn't OP? lol

Hence the second statement. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tac    462

OP, have you thought about making this into an explanatory thread on the three, with images of all the Gobblegum's and whatnot?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spider3000    140

The Gobblegums are a very interesting, and innovative Game Mechanic to me. I really like the idea of them.

 

Saying that though, I've hardly used them, since I've spent most of my time playing solo because of the matchmaking problems (and most of my Gobblegums require multiple players to work).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

NaBrZHunter    488
21 minutes ago, Tac said:

OP, have you thought about making this into an explanatory thread on the three, with images of all the Gobblegum's and whatnot?

Oh, good thought. I will do that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×