Recent update Nerf?

I just hopped onto PSN and some interesting things changed (or at least I thought it did) 

Zombies are less aggressive. I made many escapes on red with a large crowd.

The Wunderwaffe chains damage better. Also no splash.

But it seems really that the zombies are not as powerful as before. 

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, shirtlesservice said:

Exactly, once you learn the map well and know where to go and where everything is, the learning curve gets a hell of a lot better.

No, it's ridiculous haha.  It's impossible to make it past 13 with 4 without PaP, and they made it ridiculous to access PaP.

3 people, it's a little easier. But with four people, and the way zombies can mass spawn around any corner without warning kinda makes it unplayable. It does get easier as you learn the map i agree but My team and I have passed the  "Where are things" stage and are onto the stratting side and it's impossible to even build a good strat at times.

3 minutes ago, RedDeadRiot said:

No, it's ridiculous haha.  It's impossible to make it past 13 with 4 without PaP, and they made it ridiculous to access PaP.

3 people, it's a little easier. But with four people, and the way zombies can mass spawn around any corner without warning kinda makes it unplayable. It does get easier as you learn the map i agree but My team and I have passed the  "Where are things" stage and are onto the stratting side and it's impossible to even build a good strat at times.

I was speaking more from the solo stand point, but I can imagine how bad it must be with 4 people, I don't think there are even 4 places people can train on the map... Oh dear. I'm so sorry

Learn the Map !!! ,  I PaP on round 5 every time !!!!   round fricking Five !!!!!   If thats too hard , you need alot of practice,  only thing you really need is to figure out the fastest/cheapest/best method to getting the 4 rituals fast. If done right you can start filling the egg(s)  on 6 or 7.

Too hard ?  Man , new maps make people say crazy things :)

p.s.  Each area is suited for training, just need to buy appropriate doors/barriers. Also be aware that training in SoE can be multi level, this means you lead a train up stairs/whatnot wait for them to pileup almost on you, then drop and continue,  now all you need is to identify the best "kill zones"  where you can slay the train and still deal with the new spawns on your route as you pile them back up.

Edited by Cunambula
ellaboration
43 minutes ago, Cunambula said:

p.s.  Each area is suited for training, just need to buy appropriate doors/barriers. Also be aware that training in SoE can be multi level, this means you lead a train up stairs/whatnot wait for them to pileup almost on you, then drop and continue,  now all you need is to identify the best "kill zones"  where you can slay the train and still deal with the new spawns on your route as you pile them back up.

I know what you're referring too, I used to run stuff like this on kino or Ascension all the time, but the fact remains that the map outside of the rift is very close quarters. Like I get why there is a trap in every area, but that doesn't make it easy to do.

And pap open early isn't hard, but it's not a simple process either... The barrier to entry is pretty high.

1 hour ago, Cunambula said:

Learn the Map !!! ,  I PaP on round 5 every time !!!!   round fricking Five !!!!!   If thats too hard , you need alot of practice,  only thing you really need is to figure out the fastest/cheapest/best method to getting the 4 rituals fast. If done right you can start filling the egg(s)  on 6 or 7.

I assume you're playing solo? Again, solo is no issue. With groups of four, and the way zombies spawn and herd up so quickly it makes it near impossible to keep a group together OR to train in four different spots on the map, or perform all the rituals by round 5.

21 hours ago, Cunambula said:

Here's the problem.  Me and 3 friends were playing last night.  2 did not know anything about how to access ritual pieces, perform the rituals etc.  I knew pretty much how to do that as did friend number 2.  So in trying to verbally guide the other 2 through going into beast mode and knowing where things are and what to shock, and what to melee and where to grapple to, about 75% of their beast mode uses ended with no progress being made.   The only reason I knew what to do and where to go was watching a youtube video and practicing many times.  

So the first time we got 3 rituals done in about an hour and a half and we were on round 7 or 8 and the Margwa came and wrecked our shit.  So one person dropped out, and we started again.  this time we did finally complete all the rituals and place the gateworms, this time by round 10.  again shortly after the margwa came, and then the rolling meatball destroyers of souls came and we were dead again.  

We played for 3 hours. only completed a total of 18 rounds, and 80% of our time was spent not killing zombies, but completing tedious tasks just to open up a core game mechanic that is essential to surviving to round 20+

The rituals are awesome, and super intriguing and are perfect for an easter egg step, but they have to stop making the first steps to these easter eggs be necessary to the normal gameplay elements of zombies like pack a punch or a wonder weapon.

I stand by my long stance that a casual player should be able to play the map and have fun without even being aware that a large side quest exists, while the side quests are still there to challenge experienced players

SoE being too tough. Yes and No. I mean when you are past round 3 and if you happen to be in the streets I would look at zombies back and forth, that's when a ninja zombie drops down at me from rooftop and takes me down, wtf! Yes it is tough, is it good. I will take that as yes. I hope treyarch put an easy mode in private and default it to unranked. Just like we have bots in multiplayer with varying difficulty. 

I noticed so far in my experience having stamin up makes you fly through the map.  It is sooooooooo good and life saver. Almost better than jugg.

12 minutes ago, way2g00d said:

I noticed so far in my experience having stamin up makes you fly through the map.  It is sooooooooo good and life saver. Almost better than jugg.

Stamin up is a borderline requirement on this map, if not to get around easier then to carry the wonder weapon. It feel like an lmg when you run with it, and stamin up just makes it so much more maneuverable. Jug, QR, and stamin up are the main three for this map, with the fourth slot optional. 

16 minutes ago, xanman86 said:

Gotta learn to save a zombie EVERY round to use all 4 beast modes and spend everyone's points efficiently. By doing so you can get PaP open as early as round 1 and start filling up the eggs in the first 5 rounds easily.

Someone watches TheSmithPlays ;) He put out a video showing how to get pap open by round 1 with four people. I dont think its possible with less than three people though