Jump to content
AlphaOmega

Recent update Nerf?

Recommended Posts

AlphaOmega    42

I just hopped onto PSN and some interesting things changed (or at least I thought it did) 

 

Zombies are less aggressive. I made many escapes on red with a large crowd.

The Wunderwaffe chains damage better. Also no splash.

 

But it seems really that the zombies are not as powerful as before. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, RedDeadRiot said:

THANK GOD.

SOE was borderline unplayable. 

Guys... It's really not that bad:PLEURE:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Clay Bird    173
16 minutes ago, shirtlesservice said:

Guys... It's really not that bad:PLEURE:

i gotta agree here. now i haven't made it very far on SoE yet, but its been because of lack of map knowledge not because of overly hard AI imo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, The Clay Bird said:

i gotta agree here. now i haven't made it very far on SoE yet, but its been because of lack of map knowledge not because of overly hard AI imo

Exactly, once you learn the map well and know where to go and where everything is, the learning curve gets a hell of a lot better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RedDeadRiot    98
1 minute ago, shirtlesservice said:

Exactly, once you learn the map well and know where to go and where everything is, the learning curve gets a hell of a lot better.

No, it's ridiculous haha.  It's impossible to make it past 13 with 4 without PaP, and they made it ridiculous to access PaP.

3 people, it's a little easier. But with four people, and the way zombies can mass spawn around any corner without warning kinda makes it unplayable. It does get easier as you learn the map i agree but My team and I have passed the  "Where are things" stage and are onto the stratting side and it's impossible to even build a good strat at times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, RedDeadRiot said:

No, it's ridiculous haha.  It's impossible to make it past 13 with 4 without PaP, and they made it ridiculous to access PaP.

3 people, it's a little easier. But with four people, and the way zombies can mass spawn around any corner without warning kinda makes it unplayable. It does get easier as you learn the map i agree but My team and I have passed the  "Where are things" stage and are onto the stratting side and it's impossible to even build a good strat at times.

I was speaking more from the solo stand point, but I can imagine how bad it must be with 4 people, I don't think there are even 4 places people can train on the map... Oh dear. I'm so sorry

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cunambula    22

Learn the Map !!! ,  I PaP on round 5 every time !!!!   round fricking Five !!!!!   If thats too hard , you need alot of practice,  only thing you really need is to figure out the fastest/cheapest/best method to getting the 4 rituals fast. If done right you can start filling the egg(s)  on 6 or 7.

 

Too hard ?  Man , new maps make people say crazy things :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cunambula    22

p.s.  Each area is suited for training, just need to buy appropriate doors/barriers. Also be aware that training in SoE can be multi level, this means you lead a train up stairs/whatnot wait for them to pileup almost on you, then drop and continue,  now all you need is to identify the best "kill zones"  where you can slay the train and still deal with the new spawns on your route as you pile them back up.

Edited by Cunambula
ellaboration
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Cunambula said:

p.s.  Each area is suited for training, just need to buy appropriate doors/barriers. Also be aware that training in SoE can be multi level, this means you lead a train up stairs/whatnot wait for them to pileup almost on you, then drop and continue,  now all you need is to identify the best "kill zones"  where you can slay the train and still deal with the new spawns on your route as you pile them back up.

I know what you're referring too, I used to run stuff like this on kino or Ascension all the time, but the fact remains that the map outside of the rift is very close quarters. Like I get why there is a trap in every area, but that doesn't make it easy to do.

 

And pap open early isn't hard, but it's not a simple process either... The barrier to entry is pretty high.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RedDeadRiot    98
1 hour ago, Cunambula said:

Learn the Map !!! ,  I PaP on round 5 every time !!!!   round fricking Five !!!!!   If thats too hard , you need alot of practice,  only thing you really need is to figure out the fastest/cheapest/best method to getting the 4 rituals fast. If done right you can start filling the egg(s)  on 6 or 7.

 

Too hard ?  Man , new maps make people say crazy things :)

I assume you're playing solo? Again, solo is no issue. With groups of four, and the way zombies spawn and herd up so quickly it makes it near impossible to keep a group together OR to train in four different spots on the map, or perform all the rituals by round 5.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Clay Bird    173
21 hours ago, Cunambula said:

Learn the Map !!! ,  I PaP on round 5 every time !!!!   round fricking Five !!!!!   If thats too hard , you need alot of practice,  only thing you really need is to figure out the fastest/cheapest/best method to getting the 4 rituals fast. If done right you can start filling the egg(s)  on 6 or 7.

 

Too hard ?  Man , new maps make people say crazy things :)

Here's the problem.  Me and 3 friends were playing last night.  2 did not know anything about how to access ritual pieces, perform the rituals etc.  I knew pretty much how to do that as did friend number 2.  So in trying to verbally guide the other 2 through going into beast mode and knowing where things are and what to shock, and what to melee and where to grapple to, about 75% of their beast mode uses ended with no progress being made.   The only reason I knew what to do and where to go was watching a youtube video and practicing many times.  

 

So the first time we got 3 rituals done in about an hour and a half and we were on round 7 or 8 and the Margwa came and wrecked our shit.  So one person dropped out, and we started again.  this time we did finally complete all the rituals and place the gateworms, this time by round 10.  again shortly after the margwa came, and then the rolling meatball destroyers of souls came and we were dead again.  

 

We played for 3 hours. only completed a total of 18 rounds, and 80% of our time was spent not killing zombies, but completing tedious tasks just to open up a core game mechanic that is essential to surviving to round 20+

 

The rituals are awesome, and super intriguing and are perfect for an easter egg step, but they have to stop making the first steps to these easter eggs be necessary to the normal gameplay elements of zombies like pack a punch or a wonder weapon.

 

I stand by my long stance that a casual player should be able to play the map and have fun without even being aware that a large side quest exists, while the side quests are still there to challenge experienced players

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

way2g00d    55

SoE being too tough. Yes and No. I mean when you are past round 3 and if you happen to be in the streets I would look at zombies back and forth, that's when a ninja zombie drops down at me from rooftop and takes me down, wtf! Yes it is tough, is it good. I will take that as yes. I hope treyarch put an easy mode in private and default it to unranked. Just like we have bots in multiplayer with varying difficulty. 

 

I noticed so far in my experience having stamin up makes you fly through the map.  It is sooooooooo good and life saver. Almost better than jugg.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, way2g00d said:

I noticed so far in my experience having stamin up makes you fly through the map.  It is sooooooooo good and life saver. Almost better than jugg.

Stamin up is a borderline requirement on this map, if not to get around easier then to carry the wonder weapon. It feel like an lmg when you run with it, and stamin up just makes it so much more maneuverable. Jug, QR, and stamin up are the main three for this map, with the fourth slot optional. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

xanman86    1

Gotta learn to save a zombie EVERY round to use all 4 beast modes and spend everyone's points efficiently. By doing so you can get PaP open as early as round 1 and start filling up the eggs in the first 5 rounds easily.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, xanman86 said:

Gotta learn to save a zombie EVERY round to use all 4 beast modes and spend everyone's points efficiently. By doing so you can get PaP open as early as round 1 and start filling up the eggs in the first 5 rounds easily.

Someone watches TheSmithPlays ;) He put out a video showing how to get pap open by round 1 with four people. I dont think its possible with less than three people though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×