Stop Mocking Me0

Pick a side *rant

Ok,I've grown sick of this, so many people on here and reddit are complaining about the new mode, but... Why? And it's alway the same conflicting argument. Pick a side people.

-Oh the 3 hit down system is too over powered now.

-These weapons are super powerful, I mean, it recharges with kills and doesn't take up a weapons slot? 

-PAP element upgrades are too OP.

-Beast mode? WAAAY OP. 

-Gobble gum is too OP with getting all perks from one gumball. 

-All these weapons earn too many points!

OR they say this: 

-Zombies hit too easy now! It's too hard! 

-The margwas are too damn hard! Why? 

-Swarming is too big of an issue. 

-Why is it so hard to get any liquid divinium?!

-Beast mode is too short! 

-All these weapons are too weak!

Honestly, I've yet to even play the game yet and I'm hearing the back end of it. You can't have it both ways. It's either too easy or too hard. 

MegaAfroMan    117

From what I've experienced a lot of what is said up there is all quite true.

Depending on your personal skill, play style, and just your experiences while playing you might only notice the 'too easy' changes or the 'too hard changes'.

Basically what I've more or less arrived at, is if you're doing well it is really easy to keep going. The pack-a-punch secondary effects all seem to have ridiculously high round limits for your average player (for me that's anything above 40 to 50). 

I got to about 40, and blast furnace and fireworks were both capable of destroying an entire horde with a well placed barrage of about half a clip of any given packapunched gun. Double tap 2 helps a lot.

However, it seems to me that the zombies have regained that drag effect they had way back in World at War. They're also wicked fast at hitting you from the side. Cuts you could usually barely pull of in BO and BO2 now gets you a rapid beat down of 6 hits in under a second or two.

Honestly, I barely used the Mystery Box before, ever since wonder weapons stopped showing up in the box I started primarily using wall weapons, and the new super pack a punch effects and weapons kits make me even more disinclined to do so, and in my opinoon although that makes the game smoother, it is a little too easy to rock through the game with your max leveled wall weapon.

I like the gobblegum. Since only some of the gums are 'infinite' and the other really potent effects are of limited uses I find myself never really using those 'OP' gums which give you Pack a punched guns or all perks.

Of those base gums which do not have limited uses, I think the effects are all fairly well thought out and balanced by the random acquisition of the ball in game. The only one that might really be OP in my opinion is Coagulated, which basically means for the 20 minutes after you receive it you cannot bleed out. You'll crawl around until someone gets you or the gum effect runs out. 

But I'm not too upset that bleeding out is harder. Downing in itself is still a painful experience.

Overall I think the game is just bizzare in trying to sum up a difficulty. The features in theory make it ridiculously easy, but in practice the map design and AI tweaks make it a tad bit harder.

So the really solid players will probably think it is too simple and the casual players will run into problems with getting swarmed and murdered by rapid hits.

TimelordAlex    52

My first playthrough on BO3 was The Giant - Der Riese has always been a relatively easy map and i thought i'd go on there to get the feel of BO3 zombies, and on my first go on there, me and my teammates all died on round 8... The next try i made it to round 19, but thats only because i got lucky with the firesale and got both Ray Gun and Wunderwaffe. With SoE, none of us could make it past round 8 cause of the Margwa - now the deal with the Margwa is that he is not difficult to take down but the problem is dealing with him whilst you've still got 20 sprinting zombies after you that hit you 4 times per second. We all tend to focus on the margwa to take him down quickly but we get killed because of the zombies still coming after us. Now i've adjusted to these changes, im much better and The Giant isnt difficult anymore once you're set up. We have much better weapons this time round both off the wall and the box, so there are balances to everything. However there is some stuff i would change: 

• Zombie hitting speeds should be reduced slightly, there are way too many bullshit downs because of this.
  • The Wunderwaffe is glitched as fuck, half the time you shoot it, it does nothing to the zombies, just creates a crawler, and when it does purport to work, the chain is ridiculously slow.
  • Monkeys also need some work, zombies are still hitting you as they run past you.
  • The buildable WWs are a bad idea in general imo, and why they brought it back in SoE, i dont know, it should be in box by default.
  • I wish the game checked so that if everyone in the lobby has the achievement for completing all rituals, you dont have to do it all again and PaP is already accessible. These long and complicated chores just to get to PaP i don't like, PaP should be no more difficult to get to than The Giant is.
Edited by TimelordAlex

AlphaOmega    42

Heres my stance:

1. Challenging, but not impossible

2. Margwas are weak, but spawn too often

3. THE GOD DAMN XENOMORPH EGGS RARELY DROP

4. Divinium shouldnt be easy to find...the mega gumballs are extremely powerful.

5. Zombies spawning behind your back? Shoulda played AW! But in all honesty, it isnt that bad; know when to turn and shoot and when not too. 

6. This game is 3 days old. Im sure we all were good at Nacht or Kino when they first came out.

7. triple hits are common on rounds 4-20. then they become around quad or qintuple. but by the, you should have good guns, the shield, etc. 

8. PAP weapons twice is a great feature for high rounds. It doesnt make it easier; it levels the playing field. 

Im a pretty good zombies player. been around since black ops. Played AW. In all honesty, I can see these things being hard for new players, but for vet...this aint easy either. I agree some things are a tad bit too complicated but that just means you need to adapt your play style. Imo, if every map was like the Giant, I would be so bored. Like, no buildables? a few traps? No new perks, rounds, nothing? People don't understand that if they kept feeding you whatever you wanted then things get stale! There's a reason why people dont play past maps that much anymore.

BECAUSE THEY ARE BORED, KNOW THE FORMULA, AND WANT SOMETHING NEW. 

And when they do give something new, we complain. Like, they working 3 years on this game and our best response, literally, is "too easy, too hard. 3 hits suck". 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TimelordAlex said:

• I am not a fan of meatball rounds on round 9, then on round 10 having 2 margwas to deal with plus zombies.
  • The buildable WWs are a bad idea in general imo, and why they brought it back in SoE, i dont know, it should be in box by default.
  •  These long and complicated chores just to get to PaP i don't like, PaP should be no more difficult to get to than The Giant is.

I agree with your other points, but these I don't like. First off, the different boss rounds add some difficulty and variety to the new map, and the meatballs at that point (when hopefully you have all your perks and such) really isn't that bad, and wasps spawn which gives you the oppurtunity to kill the magwa if you need it.

Second, I think the buildable and upgradable wonder weapons is a great idea, it gives zombies another objective, and in SoE, it prevents people from getting that wonder weapon too early. And I think it's a great addition, I don't have to rely on the box to get a wonder weapon by chance.

Third, given how strong the pack-a-punch effects are now, even up into the later rounds, I think the difficulty of accessing it is totally appropriate.

But I do agree with the other stuff, especially how far and fast zombies hit, I'm not a favor them stopping my run and hitting me 4 times in 1 second.

RedDeadRiot    98

Game is just different, so obviously there is gunna be a split. But once you learn how to play the map things start to blend a little more and it gets a bit easier. 

InfestLithium    520

Reddit does nothing but complain when they're not talking about something significant so that should be known.

But as far as the mode goes, it's actually one of the best I've ever played in all the maps of Zombies. There's this certain balance of intense difficulty with rigorous strategies that you have to accommodate for. Otherwise, you'll be left in the dust and trip up on your own mistakes.

Pros:

• Each section of the map offers several ways of surviving; you could find a place to dig in, or train your way around with the risk of getting bottlenecked. Either way, it provides extra challenge but gives you at least more than one opportunity for surviving.
  • The wall weapons are glorious. I can't tell you how many times picking up a Vesper while low on everything has saved my life. And it's not just the weapons either. They're position in such great places that they're not terribly easy to access but not out of the way either. If I grab some ammo off the wall, I know what routes must be taken to ensure that 0 down stat.
  • The Zombie Shield. Rocket-propelled piece of metal that saves more lives than a veteran with Quick Revive? I'll take it.
  • The mini-bosses add so much variety and unique tactics. For instance, Margwas can be separated from the group after defeating the first head, insects are an easy kill and can be held onto as a "last crawler", and the meatballs so explosive and easy to kill. It's a pain in the ass when they all spawn at once, but it adds different layers of that "oh shit" factor.
  • Pack-a-Punch is considerably easy compared to our past dealings. I like that once the machine is online, I don't need to worry about funky access methods, waiting for random spawns, or going through all kinds of hell just to dish out for lasers.
  • The swords, the swords, THE SWORDS.
  • Gobblegum is balanced even with Mega gumballs. Can't tell you how many times the longer bleedout 'perk' has given me a second chance.
  • Harvesting pods can be your best friend or your worst nightmare. It's literally the analogy "patience is a virtue"; better results are yielded when the pods are purple.
  • [Almost] All weapons are good! Snipers, shotguns, SMGs, they all do considerable damage and completely annihilate for a good portion of the round run. I've personally upgraded the Haymaker every game and it's been my best friend until it gets replaced by a Ray Gun. And since a good chunk of these guns can be harvested from a purple pod, you might never need to touch the Mystery Box more than once!

Cons:

• The spawning system is downright insane. The moment you kill a zombie, a new one hurdles over three different barriers in less than a second. This wouldn't be a problem if the alleys weren't so constricted where only one entity can go down a certain path.
  • I'm used to windmilling zombies, but the 3-hit wonderpunch that a zombie can dish out as early as Round 2 is ridiculous. Even with Jugg and shield, you're gonna be smacked around A LOT.
  • While the Easter Egg is beautiful, having to do one step a total of four rounds is not beautiful, especially when there are two of them. That means 8 rounds completely dedicated to these two steps, whereas other steps are done purely on skill and strategizing points. Find out where the problem lies.
  • Like 1

Tac    462

I had a good discussion with a teammate about this and I think the biggest thing is just what your gameplay style was coming into the map.  For me, I've always been a player that cuts it close and barely scraped by on Black Ops I, so trying to pull that in this game has been devastating.  My friend, on the other hand, has always religiously stayed clear from that hit zone so he didn't even notice there was a difference in the way the zombies hit.  Just gotta adapt to this new play.

JakeDuck    17

There are definitely some flaws that hurt the experience. For one, it seems you are capped at getting only two Liquid Divinium per game. I may be wrong, but I have yet to see anyone get 3. It's really annoying that someone can put in 15 minutes and get as much as I do from 40 rounds. 

TimelordAlex    52

@shirtlesservice i have played SoE more today with good guys and progressed further, and i take back comments about the boss system - i still stand by on the margwa spawning in too often though. The issue with buildable weapons and was a big issue with the sliquifier is that you get all the parts for it and some other noob picks it up instead and they can go in every game to ensure they get it by hogging parts. Least in the box everyone has a chance of getting it. PaP is still a tedious process imo even though it may not be difficult.

Tasha    86
18 hours ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

so many people on here and reddit are complaining about the new mode, but... Why?

Welcome to the internet.

Awards

Lenne    415

@Stop Mocking Me0 You haven't even played the game, but already are "complaining" about people "complaining".

Go figure.

I for one love this game and the changes with it.

Except for the overpowered pap functions.

If you seriously think they are fine then I don't know what to say.

But yeah, not everyone likes to crawl in Treyarch's butt.

Play the game and experience it yourself before you judge people for having different opinions. 

• Like 1

NaBrZHunter    491
19 minutes ago, Lenne said:

@Stop Mocking Me0 You haven't even played the game, but already are "complaining" about people "complaining".

Go figure.

I for one love this game and the changes with it.

Except for the overpowered pap functions.

If you seriously think they are fine then I don't know what to say.

But yeah, not everyone likes to crawl in Treyarch's butt.

Play the game and experience it yourself before you judge people for having different opinions. 

Yes, the effects are OP'd, and could definitely be toned down-but would you rather have them removed?

Lenne    415
Just now, NaBrZHunter said:

Yes, the effects are OP'd, and could definitely be toned down-but would you rather have them removed?

Let's say Treyarch can't tune them down, then I would say remove them alltogether or just make them purely cosmetic.

But I am sure they can.

I just think it is wrong to kill an entire horde of zombies with only 6 bullets fired by a normal gun at round 20+.

NaBrZHunter    491
3 hours ago, Lenne said:

Let's say Treyarch can't tune them down, then I would say remove them alltogether or just make them purely cosmetic.

But I am sure they can.

I just think it is wrong to kill an entire horde of zombies with only 6 bullets fired by a normal gun at round 20+.

Heartily agreed on the last part. But do regular shots increase in strength each time you PAP as well? If so, I would say nix that and keep the special ability-maybe just thunder, zap, and blast furnace. 

The upside, IMO, is that MGs are now competitive on higher rounds, whereas in the past, you either had to have the wonder weapon (which, yes, should be a bit OP, and more so than the MGs-but not infinitely so), or you had to have a wall gun (don't get me wrong, that's virtually all I use) and on high rounds, train around and around, pumping em full of lead until you were fresh out, had to buy more, rinse and repeat.

I mean It's ridiculous to be arguing both ends of the spectrum. A game can't be too easy and too hard. Also, I'm not driving any opinions from this. People i've seen around the internet are all arguing over the same nonsense. I was sick of people getting super butt-hurt either way. Is it wrong to point out the hypocrisy? I don't need to have played the game to make that point. Your argument there is invalid. 

Tac    462
13 hours ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

I mean It's ridiculous to be arguing both ends of the spectrum. A game can't be too easy and too hard. Also, I'm not driving any opinions from this. People i've seen around the internet are all arguing over the same nonsense. I was sick of people getting super butt-hurt either way. Is it wrong to point out the hypocrisy? I don't need to have played the game to make that point. Your argument there is invalid. 

On 11/9/2015, 12:58:25, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

Ok,I've grown sick of this, so many people on here and reddit are complaining about the new mode, but... Why? And it's alway the same conflicting argument. Pick a side people.

Honestly, I've yet to even play the game yet and I'm hearing the back end of it. You can't have it both ways. It's either too easy or too hard. 

How can you be telling us that "it's ridiculous to be arguing both ends of the spectrum" when the thread asks us to "pick a side," and the sides you laid out are the ends of the spectrum, since you yourself said "a game can't be too easy and too hard?"  Is it wrong to point out the hypocrisy?

I think I'm just going to enjoy it for what it is. I've proved my mettle in being able to play well in zombies in past games, so now I mostly do it for story and having some good ol fashioned fun. It can be challenging at times and easy at others, and I have a blast playing with my friends the whole time. Even the little things about it that I don't like, I'll be fine with because I know Treyarch, like any other entertainment provider trying to build off previous success, was going to make something that wasn't pleasing to everyone. I knew I would get some features I like and some that I don't like, and people would feel the exact opposite as I do about everything in BO3 zombies. I just like that they're trying new things and most of what I've seen have been suggestions provided from the community before, plus we're going to 4 (maybe more?) maps throughout the next year and I've always enjoyed DLC maps more anyway.

And I don't want to sound like I'm some kind of crazy Treyarch fanboy, I just understand the difficulty of developing something that the masses will enjoy and I believe they've done more right than wrong by far. And if you don't like some of the new features, then just challenge yourself and don't use them for a greater difficulty or to get a more classic feel back to zombies. With the slight exception of PaP, a match of zombies plays out pretty much however you want it to. You make the rules and play however you want. Just have fun guys.

• Like 1

Hells Warrrior    564

In all honesty, I'm not finding "massive" differences. What I'am finding is small differences in mechanics but the same stupidity from other players.

• Round 2, lets run for the box.
  • I'm not opening any doors
  • They'll kill all the zombies whilst doing a ritual

It's not Treyarch that, it's the players that need to be slapt, when will they learn (randoms)? - they don't listen.

• Like 1

GRILL    258

My "side" is that I'm happy to be playing a game I've been waiting for three years. Perfection is in the eye of the beholder, nothing will ever be the same as when you first got into zombies.  Games are expected to evolve, encompass new player bases, but still stay in familiar waters.

Its okay to be cynical and critical with the things you love. Just because someone wants to acknowledge the reality of a situation doesn't mean they have to pick a side, they are choosing to think - not to follow.

As Tasha said above, regardless of whatever game/movie/franchise come out - folks on the Internet are vehemently commenting toxic sludge.  I wouldn't let it get to you mocking, don't let it influence which "side" you are on... And furthermore I challenge you (and anyone reading this) to not take a side, but consider the situation all ways round, and think objectively.

Nothing is black and white, especially in zombies.

• Like 2

Boom115    241
On 11/13/2015, 10:01:12, Lenne said:

But I am sure they can.

You sir are a crazy person:P PaP effects a pure fun! I think if anything they add some variety to the otherwise monotonous high rounds.

• Like 1