Shadows of Evil Jump-Scare EE - Zombified Richtofen

Hey guys I just found the new Jump-Scare easter egg on Shadows of Evil.  If you go to the waterfront just outside The Anvil (The Boxing Gym) with a sniper and look at the cargo ship to the left, an image pops out at you of the Zombified Richtofen you see when teleporting on The Giant.   If you're interested in seeing it I think I'm the only with a video so far so here's the link, but I have the image anyway:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1M0cLdy_mo

Spoiler

http://i.imgur.com/VdCfpcQ.png

To be honest I'm a little disappointed, considering that in the last jump-scare we saw Nero, and this one just seems like they put in there just for heck of it.  Maybe Treyarch is hinting to us that it's the Call of the Dead ship, or maybe they were just like "oh hey let's put another jump-scare".  Anybody got any theories about zombie Richtofen, or do you think they just put it in there for fun? 

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, TheNathanNS said:

I wonder why they did a zombie Richtofen though?

I've been wondering this too since my first teleport in The Giant. Why is there a zombie Richtofen? I agree the popup is lame as hell and seems lazy, but why exactly him? Zombie Richtofen as a boss in the future maybe?

1 minute ago, WillyWonka said:

I've been wondering this too since my first teleport in The Giant. Why is there a zombie Richtofen? I agree the popup is lame as hell and seems lazy, but why exactly him? Zombie Richtofen as a boss in the future maybe?

Maybe a hint to what'll happen at the end of BO3 zombies maybe?

Wouldn't be the first time a game I've played has shown the ending at the beginning.....

• Administrators
1 hour ago, TheNathanNS said:

Somewhat related to the same topic, but has anyone found a jumpscare in The Giant yet?

Nothing so far, I don't believe. We're still only on 4 EE steps yet.

Richtofen actually said something about "releasing the beacon" yesterday when I was playing - AFTER I had done the known steps.

12 minutes ago, NaBrZHunter said:

Nothing so far, I don't believe. We're still only on 4 EE steps yet.

Richtofen actually said something about "releasing the beacon" yesterday when I was playing - AFTER I had done the known steps.

Thats because there are two beacons. One for Maxis, the other for whatever the others want. Oh and I thought maybe the door in the spawn thats closed off might be interactable later. It just looks like it could be accessed and has a light inside. Thats where I would think the older test subjects are.

• Administrators
Just now, Nightmare Voyager said:

Thats because there are two beacons. One for Maxis, the other for whatever the others want. Oh and I thought maybe the door in the spawn thats closed off might be interactable later. It just looks like it could be accessed and has a light inside. Thats where I would think the older test subjects are.

I haven't heard of that. Where did you hear it? (Not doubting you-just wondering. And I hadn't noticed the door!)

Well, Dempsey suggests, as I originally suspected, that the test subjects aren't actually at Der Riese. Wherever they are, only O'Richtofen knew.

Just now, NaBrZHunter said:

I haven't heard of that. Where did you hear it? (Not doubting you-just wondering. And I hadn't noticed the door!)

Well, Dempsey suggests, as I originally suspected, that the test subjects aren't actually at Der Riese. Wherever they are, only O'Richtofen knew.

Does he? I haven't heard all of his quotes, but from what I have heard Tank, Nikolai and Takeo are trying to activate a beacon while Richtofen has his own agenda of activating a beacon so that Maxis can locate him. So there are two beacons.

• Administrators
14 minutes ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

Does he? I haven't heard all of his quotes, but from what I have heard Tank, Nikolai and Takeo are trying to activate a beacon while Richtofen has his own agenda of activating a beacon so that Maxis can locate him. So there are two beacons.

He says, "failed to secure Intel: the test subjects location...DAMMIT, Richtofen, why do you always have to screw everything up!?"

Hm. Interesting. I can't say that's not true, but the impression I've gotten is that Dempsey is there for the test subjects, Nikolai is there to "destroy the German war machine," and while I don't know Takeo's mission (I know that he has fallen out of favor with the emperor, whose location is unknown to him) I do also know that he is very disappointed the O'Richtofen was killed. 

And like you said, Richtofen's is to light the beacon, as far as I know. Which you successfully do with the Fly Trap EE. However, while Maxis says "the beacon has been lit," Richtofen specifically says he needs to "release" the beacon. 

36 minutes ago, NaBrZHunter said:

He says, "failed to secure Intel: the test subjects location...DAMMIT, Richtofen, why do you always have to screw everything up!?"

Hm. Interesting. I can't say that's not true, but the impression I've gotten is that Dempsey is there for the test subjects, Nikolai is there to "destroy the German war machine," and while I don't know Takeo's mission (I know that he has fallen out of favor with the emperor, whose location is unknown to him) I do also know that he is very disappointed the O'Richtofen was killed. 

And like you said, Richtofen's is to light the beacon, as far as I know. Which you successfully do with the Fly Trap EE. However, while Maxis says "the beacon has been lit," Richtofen specifically says he needs to "release" the beacon. 

Well that could just mean Richtofen didn't lead them to which area they were in. Either way all the characters quotes have been uploaded to YouTube so i am going to try and search through them for information at another point. I think they all have the same agenda (Bar Richtofen who is working with Maxis on something). I am kind of hoping DLC season isn't just following this group following different agendas together and instead we might get some crazy map with Maxis, Richtofen, Sam and another character while theres also a map with the O3 but with somebody else.