"Spare Change" - Perk Machines

MikeGTUK

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, mmm chocolate said:

they also brought back 'upgrading' knife lunges and repairing windows quicker too.

was using the chick and noticed her knife had a green glow to it added after a certain number of kills.

and the windows board up quicker at some point too.

Nope, the knife is part of widows wine, it's been discussed on a seperate thread. Sorry to disappoint, but the fixing barriers one might well be a thing, who knows

Its not just old perks. It seems selective as to which perks it is. Juggernog and Quick Revive I can always get to do it, Widows Wine, Stamin Up and Mule Kick seem selective about if it works or not so I am really not sure.

7 minutes ago, DeathBringerZen said:

You get 100 points from all the perks on the map except from Stamina Up and that is only because it is sat on a plate so you cannot go prone in front of it.

Also noticed you can no longer rubber band a zombie at a window on the map as the now hit quicker than before so you get downed after several seconds.

Dude I literally posted about saying you can get 100 from Stamin Up after just doing it. This is what I mean about some perks being selective, their must be a way to do it since I have done before and just did it. I don't understand why this functionality is so subjective. 

1 minute ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

Dude I literally posted about saying you can get 100 from Stamin Up after just doing it. This is what I mean about some perks being selective, their must be a way to do it since I have done before and just did it. I don't understand why this functionality is so subjective. 

I have always been able to get the points from all the other machines in every match I have played so those ones are not selective but I have never managed to get it from Stamina Up despite trying numerous times. Tried sliding towards it, going prone and crawling close to it then standing and going prone again and nothing, not even once. Definitely seems to be because it's on a platform.

Either way, all the others pay out all the time, unless someone beats you to them in a co-op game that is.

Just now, DeathBringerZen said:

I have always been able to get the points from all the other machines in every match I have played so those ones are not selective but I have never managed to get it from Stamina Up despite trying numerous times. Tried sliding towards it, going prone and crawling close to it then standing and going prone again and nothing, not even once. Definitely seems to be because it's on a platform.

Either way, all the others pay out all the time, unless someone beats you to them in a co-op game that is.

Wait can you get it from Speed Cola in both maps? I have never been able to get it. This is getting really strange because I can promise I got it on Stamin Up just then and have had it before. I am getting really confused by how this is meant to work.

8 minutes ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

Nah, only on Shadows of Evil. I don't think you get points on The Giant though don't quote me on that.

It seems totally random. I've had it on pretty much every perk at least once, but sometimes it just doesn't work The old way they did it was to add a trigger_touch on the machines (which also played the 'bottles shaking' sounds when you bump into the machine - which incidentally they don't have anymore?) and that rewarded the player 25 points when touched in prone. They must have changed the script and it's buggy, or, it's dependent on something else, i.e. round based, or something.

Edited by steviewonder87
28 minutes ago, way2g00d said:

Also, a reminder that to get points the machines need to be powered on first. I agree, I was unable to get points from Stamin up machine.

Wrong, every single game of SoE I get it from QR before powering it, it is part of my ritual of playing.

As for the rest of the perks. I give up trying to figure it out, Stamin Up no longer works, Speed Cola does now work but in certain locations. Widows Wine, Juggernog and Mule Kick always work, what is gonig on?

21 hours ago, way2g00d said:

wth, seriously? I thought it has to be powered on. I always miss the revive machine in beast mode trying to unlock every thing at round 1 and blame myself for missing those free points of the machine. Hmm, need to re-check. 

On 360, i did it, no power, from the side of SU (i posted just above your last post).