I don't believe the easter egg is done yet...

1 minute ago, DeathBringerZen said:

I believe you were only trying to find something new and unfortunately the map is bug ridden so that makes somethings hard to determine as to whether it is a genuine find or just a visual glitch. Either way, I appreciate what you are trying to do. :)

Thank you for this, it may be a mixed case of showing my findings to the wrong individuals and maybe shouldve kept them to myself until i had something more concrete, but that's not how i roll i like to share all my findings

I do have a lot of theories that may pan out well and may not

1.The Annihilator ? why give us this weapon other than to kill zombies, gotta be another reason for it...
2.What beacon does maxis talk about when completing the fly trap ?
3.Why is the Plane from MOTD on the roof of the catwalk room, i understand the little homage to that map, but doesn't sit right with me other than its for something else
4.The maps in game match up to the actual layout, where as in der riese the maps in game were wrong and matched with the loading screen, something i never understood (ie, the juggernog location has two sets of stairs). why not fix this for the new version they fixed it for the internal maps, i know this is not easter egg related but still interesting , as it shows they didnt pay attention to details like this

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tech Admin
1 hour ago, madgaz182 said:

For all the name throwing around on my behalf, i posted a couple videos last night, they were mainly just LIGHTING glitches, one was an interesting one , showing the control panel lights turning yellow instead of green

Now i know you all will say its a glitch that's all it is , but in theory, no other light in the map during this play through glitched or change, i understand the whole THERE'S NOTHING MORE  approach to this, but i like to live in hope a little bit and try new things, that why today ive been trying everybody's different theory's but not posting too much (posted one video showing how to get fly trap activated with no power turned on, in hopes it may lead to someting) , lots of theory's and further more im being fed more bullshit from other youtubers also 

Im not entirely sure whos on my side with this thing or if anyone is, all i know is i like to try and test all and different methods that may work

For instance why remake DER RIESE ?, What purpose does it serve to forward the story , if the characters are gonna just advance the story through script and no actual EASTER EGG interaction, why not just have a new map entirely , this is more the reason why i want to beleive more and more that there has to be a full EASTER EGG to this map

On a side note, i was one of the four members from back in the day who Stumbled on the Ascension Easter egg for black ops 1 before anyone else and before youtube had gamers, we posted every step on the forum as we worked on it , we nailed it and now im trying to do it once more, but saldy seems people are willing and able to piss on the parade before it begins

So go ahead call my videos fake or fishing for views or whatever you want, all im doing is trying to solve this mystery and well if that gets butt hurt dealt to me or others than so be it.
Im not gonna go on the defensive like certain people have done in the past, its all fair game, im just asking for a little understanding thats all 

Sorry once again, 

Fellow Zombie "EE" Lover

GAZ

@madgaz182 you've got my respect for coming out and saying it as it looks like it is, glitches within the game. You lost a bit by posting a video about the catwalk glitch but hey ho shit happens.

I think you should be commended for following and sticking to what you believe and if you think an EE exists, then keep trying (I sure hope on exists) and you are right, why "The Giant" why not a new map? The would have been as well supplying remastered maps on the new systems.

I'm personally not on anyones side, I don't take sides but i'am on the side of we all stick together, work together and conquer together.

I am totally open to the idea that there may be more to The Giant. Maybe the answer is right in front of our noses. The map is called the Giant and we have a giant robot head. I know it is used for the perk but maybe something more. I think the annihilator is used for something too. But to just repeat the map and redo the fly trap, with some added gobblegum just doesn't seem right. I would start pack a punching things and start shooting around at the very least. Just think of how small the panel is to activate the Fly Trap. Keep that in mind on how easy we could be missing something. Just a thought. On a side note, if anyone can help abrother out on SOE EE on PC add me: TheBiggerMuff

I've been thinking. Let's think of all the zombie maps. Which ones really had the major Easter eggs? Ascension, moon, origins, etc. they are really big maps and have a lot of area for Easter egg activity. Think of Kino, five, etc. no major ee, but little ones because there isn't a lot of area to search and have a huge story. Just little radio messages here and there to give you a little backstory. That's my thought, but as always I will continue to search and look for answers. I just don't think the giant is a big enough map for a major Easter egg. Thoughts?

I hope we can all stick together and just work on searching for the EE. While it looks like there isn't much more, there are so many little odd things on this map that give the feeling that there is more to find.

Finishing with a pretty unexplained weapon prize doesn't seem right. It is the first time we can use the gun, right, so surely it is there for something. That point about THE GIANT HEAD is interesting, too... Ah, there has to be more, even if it needs future maps to activate.

• Administrators
14 minutes ago, madgaz182 said:

Does the scripting show all Easter eggs we have found so far ... I just find it odd for them to rerelease the map only to add new dialogue essentially 

I agree, it seems very odd.  To me, though, I just think the community needs to go into their EE hunting with an "assume the worst" attitude, not an "assume the best" one.  If the latter happens, we get where we are today, with you and others getting lots of ridicule from the rest of the community.  This isn't to say it's your fault, by any means, but I do hope you understand where I'm coming from when I say that when something new happens, it isn't immediately labeled as a possible EE.  Assume it's a lighting glitch and hope you're wrong, not the other way around, I'd recommend.

• Administrators

@madgaz182 I can truly appreciate you coming out here and so civilly trying to make peace, and hope we can "mend the rift" (I unblocked you on Twitter, BTW). The last three days have been super frustrating however, because a lot of people took what you were promoting as gospel, (others really ran with it and got pretty ugly about it, I.E., IowaGaming) while we never got hard and fast evidence. Also, promoting glitches just isn't too cool. I understand a lot of people want to see them so they can exploit them in-game, and that in providing them, that may not have been your intention, it's just the principal of the matter. 

Buy anyway, your love for the game is clear, and on that note, I hope we can proceed from here on out as allies in this ongoing pursuit of knowledge. 

NaBrZHunter

31 minutes ago, Hells Warrrior said:

As far as I'm led to believe nothing else exists within The Giant.

I don't believe anyone has decompiled the scripts for BO3 yet.

However, someone I know has decompiled the maps' .bsp files (basically all the entities within the map, e.g. script models and such with names) which in some cases can give massive hints as to what's left on the map and what's definitively NOT in the map 'as is'. We also have access to the sound files (if anyone is curious and has BO3 on PC, the BO2 sound studio tool that's freely available on the net works on BO3 too), which I've had a dig through myself and I've heard all the quotes on the map (including all the Maxis ones and radios and basically everything we've heard so far) so there's nothing more on that front, unless Treyarch have been really sneaky and hidden the sound files in a different file to the others (highly unlikely).

Also so far people have been able to decompile the scripts enough to read the names of some of the scripts, and found the Shadows of Evil one immediately by searching for '_ee' within the files (the suffix Treyarch have used on every main EE script since BO1), however nothing turned up on the Giant under that search. Although again, this is not definite, it could mean that Treyarch are just REALLY trying to hide this one (again very unlikely IMO.) It also doesn't rule out any other smaller EEs, but I've been told there's nothing else interesting in the .bsp, so coupled with everything else I really don't think there's anything left as far as a major EE goes. We have to remember this map was basically going to to be like the special edition bonus map that not that many people would have had access to from the start, like Nuketown, so they may have wanted to keep it simple EE wise and just have a few cool storyline ones (and when you think about it, in my opinion anyway, the little scraps of paper they hid around the map and the hidden codes and radios and stuff are better 'EE's' than some long ass random, 4 player only, tedious sequence of tasks to do which you probably get no reward for and will only do once anyway...) as they did with Nuketown also perhaps.

Shadows of Evil on the other hand, there were very obvious signs in the .bsp referring to the new 'Lil Arnie EE that's just been found (and are probably how that was found tbh, but that's another matter) and I've been told there's one more thing that's not been found yet that is hinted at by the files, but it's not the upgraded WW unfortunately. Although that could still be possible, as that could all be done via script, which no-one, as of yet, has access to.

• Tech Admin

I stand to be corrected, thanks for that @steviewonder87 

Well it's still possible, that something exists. However, on the topic of the "spat" personally I think some of the more well known players are now so far detached from the "gamers" that if they haven't found it then it can't be possible to have anything else - just my opinion/observations.

This site was built around finding and decrypting Easter Eggs, so anyone that thinks a genuine EE is around then they should say so, we should investigate and we can either confirm or debunk. If it's proven to be a straight hoax, then they should be called out for it, just like anyone abusing the built in game mechanics to achieve high rounds for example. However some are so far up their own arse, that those who are trying to make a name for themselves and make an error in judgement or are shot down in massive flames.

Frankly it's internet bullying and we should not tolerate it.

5 hours ago, Hells Warrrior said:

Bottom line, the scripting says nothing else exists "unless" something has been missed.

I would take that with a pinch of salt Craig. I have had 2 people who claimed to have tore the coding for Shadows of Evil apart and claimed there was nothing more to that EE, yet people found out how to upgrade the Arnie's since then and have yet to find out how to upgrade the WW. This would be something that would surely stand out in the coding if these EE's were that easy to spot.

I was also told by someone recently that the 2 current EE's for The Giant are not that easy to spot within the coding and apparently this individual couldn't even find the free perk EE in the code themselves.

Long story short, these guys who claim to rip the code are not reliable sources for definitive answers on whether there is more or not. If they can show me the exact executable coding for the already known EE's then fair enough but all I hear on various platforms is that there is nothing more in the coding, but I am yet to see evidence of this and not just people claiming as such.

@steviewonder87 So people have been able to get into the PC Fast Files?

I had assumed that it would be Xbox 360 fast files that had been datamined as they are probably the same as the previous games? Hence why the SoE main side quest was leaked & more than likely the Lil Arnie EE & probably everything else about SoE is now known, but there has been nothing big found on The Giant because that's not available on X360?

@madgaz182 Well done for sticking by your guns & carrying on with the hope to find something.

I too find it a huge mistake by Treyarch, to release a Re-make of probably the most iconic Zombies map, the first Zombies Map that featured a multistep interactable EE, an EE that they had to tell the community even existed & an achievement everybody missed about.

Here is Treyarch's chance to remake Der Riese & they only include the original "Elevate your Senses" Flytrap Easter Egg, with a pretty useless reward?

Because of this, there has to be something more. "But I'm almost out of hope"

It's not like Treyarch to not try & outdo their own previous work. Surely. 

• 100 kills with the Annhilator?

• The KN on the paper scrap?

• The Giants Head?

Does the flytrap activate without the power turned on if you use the "Wall Power" Gobblegum"

Blundell's trying to f*ck us.

Treyarch = "Mind F*ckery"

There has to be a sequence of steps that is so obscure, so convoluted, that it is so well hidden, to pay homepage to the original Der Riese "Flytrap" Easter Egg. Please Treyach!!!

My post didn't save so here it is in short. 

Treyach had had the opportunity the recreate (probably) the most iconic Zombies map, the first ever map to feature a multi step activation sequence & they don't expand on it for the remake 6 years later?

There's got to be something more or Treyarch have made a massive mistake by not doing so. 

Treyarch had to tell us the first time that an EE even existed. Surely they have expanded & tried to out do themselves this time around?

#TBT ~ "Elevate your Achievments" 

https://community.callofduty.com/community/call_of_duty/english/world_at_war/blog/2011/10/19/elevate-your-achievements

Listen up!

Mysterious reports keep pouring into our HQ and these new reports are bringing more then just new intel concerning our latest threats. Just when we started to wrap our heads around the idea of a zombie outbreak, we're now receiving reports of paranormal activity affecting our troops! While some of you soldiers may have witnessed something strange, we happen to know that there are still some secrets that have yet to be discovered within Der Riese. That Germen research facility from Hell holds a fair amount of riddles behind its walls, and we're thinking that they're just waiting to be solved.

While it may be no secret that there is a hidden achievement to be gained within Der Riese, the exact procedures are still rather hazy for us generals on the sidelines. We've heard scattered reports and rumors of a machine known as the Fly Trap. Supposedly activating this Fly Trap device is connected to the coveted achievement. We're not sure how to activate it, but we did see one of our skilled snipers carrying the achievement, so maybe we should ask him.

If you troops happen to be heading back to Der Riese for another go, please remember to keep your wits about you and rely on the strength of your teammates. We've lost too many good soldiers and I'm not talking about the ones who've become zombie chow. Our psych ward back at base is filled with G.I.s whose heads are filled with voices of little demons. They say that these tiny voices won't leave them alone. The voices are begging them for another game of Hide and Go Seek, whatever that means.

Well there you go. We've told you troops what we know about Der Riese, so now it's your turn to share some stories. How has Der Riese been treating you since it opened its cursed doors? Have any wartime horror stories worth sharing? Sound off below.

Vosty - One of the first people (if not the first) to "Activate the Flytrap" 

@madgaz182 So it looks like you really were onto something after all there Gaz. My friend @jaysta5792 has managed to also get a Yellow light to appear on the control panel beside PaP! O.O

He has took a few screeshots of them also and I am seriously doubting this is just a graphical glitch now. Guess some of the people who doubted you or accused you of using photoshop and software to manipulate the colouring in the video owe you an apology.

What could it mean though?

1 hour ago, DeathBringerZen said:

@madgaz182 So it looks like you really were onto something after all there Gaz. My friend @jaysta5792 has managed to also get a Yellow light to appear on the control panel beside PaP! O.O

He has took a few screeshots of them also and I am seriously doubting this is just a graphical glitch now. Guess some of the people who doubted you or accused you of using photoshop and software to manipulate the colouring in the video owe you an apology.

I already explained to someone who managed to get yellow lights on the control panel by the mainframe and PaP what could've caused the lighting to be that way.

On 11/25/2015, 12:53:44, BombProof said:

Did you do the perk-a-cola easter egg on a high round? You can get some interesting glitches during high rounds including colours in game shifting to slightly different colours. The fact that the green lights on the mainframe control panel supposedly turned yellow isn't actually too strange. However, if they were to change to blue, that would be weird and definitely worth the investigation, in my opinion.

Here is a long-ish explanation to explain why I think this change isn't really significant. Again, this is my opinion.

Alright, so basically, there's something called RGB colour space or RGB colour system which constructs all of the colours from a combination of Red, Green and Blue. Remember your colour chart in school? You had primary colours which could make secondary colours and blah blah blah... No one cares.

Anyway, the colour yellow comes from a combination of red and green which, as far as we know, are the only colours the mainframe control panel uses. My point is, there could have been an issue where the lighting on the control panel got a little glitched, and the transition from red lights to green lights didn't go so smoothly because of the glitch. So the lighting gets stuck between red and green, the result is yellow.

So why would blue be a strange colour for the lights on the mainframe control panel to switch to? Because blue is a primary colour which can't be constructed by any other colour but itself and, as far as we know, the control panel only uses red and green colours. So if blue shows up, there is a chance it was triggered by something else other than the perk-a-cola easter egg which perhaps needs looking in to.

I hope this helped. I'm not saying that your findings are insignificant because I may be wrong and anything is possible, I'm just proposing another logical explanation so that people don't mistake glitches for easter eggs.

• Administrators
6 hours ago, DeathBringerZen said:

It's really interesting, 'cause he definitely was right about that. Now, last time I played, I got all yellow lights. The first two times, I was alone in the MTD when the step was taken. The third time, my brother and I were in it together with a zombie, who I ensured was busy and distracted with the monkey bomb, however, the light was still yellow.

The first time I did the perk EE, however, they were all green. 

Really got me curious as to how you @madgaz182 got two different colors. I haven't tried with a dog yet, like you suggested, so we'll see. 

3 hours ago, NaBrZHunter said:

It's really interesting, 'cause he definitely was right about that. Now, last time I played, I got all yellow lights. The first two times, I was alone in the MTD when the step was taken. The third time, my brother and I were in it together with a zombie, who I ensured was busy and distracted with the monkey bomb, however, the light was still yellow.

The first time I did the perk EE, however, they were all green. 

Really got me curious as to how you @madgaz182 got two different colors. I haven't tried with a dog yet, like you suggested, so we'll see. 

Unfortunately this does now indeed seem to be a graphical glitch. When viewing said match in theater mode the light combination changed, then at one point went all green again until the video is rewinded and they change yellow again and sometimes red. It's definitely just the buggy engine at play.

Until anyone discovers something in regards to this, I am calling it a glitch and am not willing to invest anymore time in it. It seems to be a complete non starter.

On 11/25/2015, 3:50:56, madgaz182 said:

Thank you for this, it may be a mixed case of showing my findings to the wrong individuals and maybe shouldve kept them to myself until i had something more concrete, but that's not how i roll i like to share all my findings

I do have a lot of theories that may pan out well and may not

1.The Annihilator ? why give us this weapon other than to kill zombies, gotta be another reason for it...
2.What beacon does maxis talk about when completing the fly trap ?
3.Why is the Plane from MOTD on the roof of the catwalk room, i understand the little homage to that map, but doesn't sit right with me other than its for something else
4.The maps in game match up to the actual layout, where as in der riese the maps in game were wrong and matched with the loading screen, something i never understood (ie, the juggernog location has two sets of stairs). why not fix this for the new version they fixed it for the internal maps, i know this is not easter egg related but still interesting , as it shows they didnt pay attention to details like this

1. The annihilator is just an reward for completing the fly trap easter egg since there seems to be no achievement for it and the gun is a one hit kill.

2. Maxis basically answers this question with his own words. Saying that the beacon is lit in reference to now knowing what timeframe they are in.

3. This has been explained already. It flies through SOE because it had been teleported through time and space and ended up in The Giant. Nothing more.

Edited by AsG xTiMiDx

I feel you Meo I don't think it's over at all. Me and Lord Sith have been talking about it a lot and the characters dialogue changes after round 3 to normal zombies gameplay dialogue. You have to break the cycle and free the test subjects I strongly believe there is something very important before round 3 ends, because the first 3 rounds of dialogue are very informational. We just haven't picked up the clues yet and the trailer tells a lot also. I honestly think there is another map in the giant we can teleport too. I think you have to also hit 115 on the teleporters or 935 during maxis countdown from 10 and you have to hit each teleporter with a certain number this map holds way more Easter eggs that we haven't figured out look at how much is in shadows. My Psn is TheJayJizzLe add me if anyone wants to hunt for this egg on the giant! 

• Administrators

The test subjects are not at Der Riese, and cannot be awoken or released. Originally, they were indubitably kept it the Siberia base, per Richtofen in CotD.

However, in this universe, their location has been lost. Only old Richtofen knew, per Dempsey. The intel has been lost. 

I'm new to the forum so I don't know if anyone else has considered this... I have a theory? for the giant easter egg next step. What if the character you're playing as has to have the gun they are using in the trailer? I thought about this because of the names given to the guns once they're PAP'd. The KN44 is called "annointed avenger" which richtofen holds. The argus is called "ancient messenger" which nikolai holds. The MR6 becomes "death & taxes" which dempsey holds (duel wield). Now, takeo holds the MR6 too before obviously pulling out his katana. But (clue or not) the SVG-100 becomes "ikken hissatsu" which i believe translates from japanese to english as "seemingly mortal" and is a term used in karate meaning "to annihilate at one blow". So i'm wondering if you all need those weapons then have to teleport together from one of the teleporters or have to all go down at the same time by holding a grenade. Just a theory anyway...