I don't believe the easter egg is done yet...

All this stacks up to something with the lights, though.

I have a theory that it may be related to four DLC maps we get. Like, you do an EE that activates a light in each one, so after all the maps come out you go back to The Giant with all the lights on and the teleporter takes you somewhere new. The spires or whatever they were were sort of like this in BOII, so...

Could be?

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure there is nothing left and these lights are just a quick Photoshop job/troll/hoax/glitch/all of the above tbh.

There might be the odd random small EE still left, but there is no 'proper' EE on The Giant I'm pretty sure, which is a shame. I've listened to most of the sound files and there is nothing interesting that we haven't already heard, there is nothing in the decrypted scripts for the Giant either apparently (there was for SoE).

Remember initially The Giant was going to be a pre-order bonus for special editions of BO3 only (like the WAW maps on BO1 or Nuketown on BO2) but they ended up just giving it to everyone in the end. And much like Nuketown, they kept it pretty straightforward with mostly small storyline EEs as opposed to main gameplay ones. Nothing stopping them learning from their mistakes with Tranzit (the whole 'is there/isn't there' fiasco all over again) and this time, instead of just watching the community tearing their hair out looking for more and expecting more and responding with cryptic answers knowing full well there's nothing left to find, they could just release a new EE in a patch, which is what they should have done with Tranzit. Doesn't have to be huge, and while they're at it fix the damn Wunderwaffe and make the Apothican Servant PAPable.

I'm guessing no one will be interested that last night when I did the perk-a-cola Easter egg on the Giant map al the lights on the mainframe control panel went yellow one by one instead of green. We got Richthofen to use the monkey bombs in the teleporters. Is this every time now or still a little odd?

I don't know anymore. I try to find stuff when I play solo and I seem to get bored or just don't know where to look anymore. Its hard solo trying to distract zombies and try to search. Ill continue to look, but as of now I'm kind of at a stand still. Maybe there is nothing more. Only thing I see is the moon is brighter in some rounds than others. I know the moon goes bright when dogs come, but the moon also goes bright randomly in other rounds. That's the only thing I see that maybe could help.

4 hours ago, AntBirch90 said:

I'm guessing no one will be interested that last night when I did the perk-a-cola Easter egg on the Giant map al the lights on the mainframe control panel went yellow one by one instead of green. We got Richthofen to use the monkey bombs in the teleporters. Is this every time now or still a little odd?

Did you do the perk-a-cola easter egg on a high round? You can get some interesting glitches during high rounds including colours in game shifting to slightly different colours. The fact that the green lights on the mainframe control panel supposedly turned yellow isn't actually too strange. However, if they were to change to blue, that would be weird and definitely worth the investigation, in my opinion.

Here is a long-ish explanation to explain why I think this change isn't really significant. Again, this is my opinion.

Alright, so basically, there's something called RGB colour space or RGB colour system which constructs all of the colours from a combination of Red, Green and Blue. Remember your colour chart in school? You had primary colours which could make secondary colours and blah blah blah... No one cares.

Anyway, the colour yellow comes from a combination of red and green which, as far as we know, are the only colours the mainframe control panel uses. My point is, there could have been an issue where the lighting on the control panel got a little glitched, and the transition from red lights to green lights didn't go so smoothly because of the glitch. So the lighting gets stuck between red and green, the result is yellow.

So why would blue be a strange colour for the lights on the mainframe control panel to switch to? Because blue is a primary colour which can't be constructed by any other colour but itself and, as far as we know, the control panel only uses red and green colours. So if blue shows up, there is a chance it was triggered by something else other than the perk-a-cola easter egg which perhaps needs looking in to.

I hope this helped. I'm not saying that your findings are insignificant because I may be wrong and anything is possible, I'm just proposing another logical explanation so that people don't mistake glitches for easter eggs.

Ok so I remembered I found something cool in a co-op game the other day.

fc85834a301868300cbb8894f5744044.jpg2006b2c838134e6dea0a98f1f0fc4e6f.jpg

This is not Photoshop or any kind of manipulation at all, this is how it looked in game.

To access this EE you need to have the game on PC, and try and get a really high ping, I think I had about 300 in this game.

Now after this world reveal please like, favourite and subscribe to my Youtube channel where I will be posting lots of useless videos explaining nothing on the back of finding some graphical glitch that means nothing.

Edited by steviewonder87
  • Tech Admin
11 minutes ago, steviewonder87 said:

Now after this world reveal please like, favourite and subscribe to my Youtube channel where I will be posting lots of useless videos explaining nothing on the back of finding some graphical glitch that means nothing.

Until you show us in game footage or theatre mode, naw ;)

2 hours ago, bombproof said:

Did you do the perk-a-cola easter egg on a high round? You can get some interesting glitches during high rounds including colours in game shifting to slightly different colours. The fact that the green lights on the mainframe control panel supposedly turned yellow isn't actually too strange. However, if they were to change to blue, that would be weird and definitely worth the investigation, in my opinion.

Here is a long-ish explanation to explain why I think this change isn't really significant. Again, this is my opinion.

Hidden Content

I hope this helped. I'm not saying that your findings are insignificant because I may be wrong and anything is possible, I'm just proposing another logical explanation so that people don't mistake glitches for easter eggs.

I did the east egg at round 18 I think, will have to check out Theatre mode. Fingers crossed someone finds a relevant step in the Giant east egg, although now we know the clock is an interactive item that should speed things up?

• Administrators

I wish there was a YouTuber who would take a civil and factual approach to this and expose these guys. They don't deserve the fame or publicity. And now watching Iowa throw a big ol pity party because of all the criticism now that it's too late to admit it was a hoax is pathetic. Now he's just trying to cover with 'it's not worth all the hate.'

Right...when maybe you could just collab with MadGaz and prove us ALL WRONG....but no. Because it's not real. 

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, AntBirch90 said:

I did the east egg at round 18 I think, will have to check out Theatre mode. Fingers crossed someone finds a relevant step in the Giant east egg, although now we know the clock is an interactive item that should speed things up?

No. Like @MrRoflWaffles pointed out on Twitter, clock are scripted objects. All scripted objects moved. It had nothing to do with any. EE

I just watched one of iowagaming's youtube video. He is a joke. Talking about he found an easter egg in the moon by shooting it with the raygun.and it gets brighter. Its stupid. He doesn't pay attention to what goes on in the game. Like I said, the moon gets brighter on dog rounds and I have seen it brighter on other rounds too.

Edited by Thisguy0331
  • Tech Admin

As much as I want something to exist, I'm now 95% convinced that nothing actually does exist. Lets put it another way, it may have brought fame or infamy too two gamers but it has sparked discussion within the community. I enjoy the debunking and investigating it gets people looking harder at things. 

However, I did crack it last night - I now know the steps.

On how not to crack a vase.

• Administrators
Just now, Hells Warrrior said:

As much as I want something to exist, I'm now 95% convinced that nothing actually does exist. Lets put it another way, it may have brought fame or infamy too two gamers but it has sparked discussion within the community. I enjoy the debunking and investigating it gets people looking harder at things. 

However, I did crack it last night - I now know the steps.

On how not to crack a vase.

Hahahaha! You had me for a split second. The spacing worked too well on mobile. LOL!

Agreed on the investigation...I just wish things like this wouldn't end up serving the manipulaters. 

48 minutes ago, Hells Warrrior said:
6 minutes ago, NaBrZHunter said:

No. Like @MrRoflWaffles pointed out on Twitter, clock are scripted objects. All scripted objects moved. It had nothing to do with any. EE

Until you show us in game footage or theatre mode, naw ;)

In game footage and face cam Q&A session once I hit 1000 likes, so smash that like button guys!

6 minutes ago, NaBrZHunter said:

Do the clock hands move? If they do then the model must be scripted (or animated) at the very least, assuming the face and hands are all one model that is. Doesn't necessarily mean it's interactable. If the hands don't move (I know it stops in the trailer but I don't recall in game, does it repeat over and over like on Der Reise?) then it would be interesting.

Edit: I misread your comment, I see you are actually verifying what I said. :)

Edited by steviewonder87
45 minutes ago, NaBrZHunter said:

Not sure why my reply keep disappearing. The clock may be a scripted object but so is the electric generator (which you use to turn the electric on) and this does not disappear. Both the clock and the electric generator have animations attached to themselves but the only way of knowing if they are referenced in the code is by checking the code itself.

8 hours ago, AntBirch90 said:

I believe those lights appear in relation to the secret perk being activated. I seriously doubt that has anything to do with the main EE. It could be some gltich, but more likely an in-game effect for the secret perk like I said previously. The moon getting brighter is probably no different. Most likely not an EE. I'm already considering there is nothing more. The flytrap was it.

Edited by AsG xTiMiDx
2 hours ago, NaBrZHunter said:

Yeh if the clock hands move then the model is scripted (or animated) so doesn't mean it's 'interactable' at all.

1 hour ago, AntBirch90 said:

Not sure why my reply keep disappearing. The clock may be a scripted object but so is the electric generator (which you use to turn the electric on) and this does not disappear. Both the clock and the electric generator have animations attached to themselves but the only way of knowing if they are referenced in the code is by checking the code itself.

What generator?

• Administrators
2 hours ago, AntBirch90 said:

Glitches don't necessarily affect every asset of a game, for one. But this is a glitch if I've ever seen one, and believe me, I've seen glitches. The oldest of EEs never clip textures from throughout the game into a mass halfway protruding through the mainframe stairs.
Also, if you have ever seen that tower clock texture from a glitched angle, your will notice that the hands of the clock and the markers are an independent layer. They are layered against the tower's brick texture. If they disappeared, the narrow hands can easily be in the middle of that hodgepodge of textures. I mean, really, think about it? Everyone keeps saying "they worked on this for three years, how can their NOT be a major EE?" I have a different question...if they worked on this for three years, you really think we wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the EE and a common texture glitch?

Also, notice that there is no footage proving that the other two clocks disappeared (and no footage of the fourth clock at all, If I'm not mistaken-at least, I sure as hell haven't found it in game...which is what MadGaz is counting on. Note how they always say "I didn't put their locations in the video...they're pretty easy to find." Easy to say if they don't exist.)

For all the name throwing around on my behalf, i posted a couple videos last night, they were mainly just LIGHTING glitches, one was an interesting one , showing the control panel lights turning yellow instead of green

Now i know you all will say its a glitch that's all it is , but in theory, no other light in the map during this play through glitched or change, i understand the whole THERE'S NOTHING MORE  approach to this, but i like to live in hope a little bit and try new things, that why today ive been trying everybody's different theory's but not posting too much (posted one video showing how to get fly trap activated with no power turned on, in hopes it may lead to someting) , lots of theory's and further more im being fed more bullshit from other youtubers also 

Im not entirely sure whos on my side with this thing or if anyone is, all i know is i like to try and test all and different methods that may work

For instance why remake DER RIESE ?, What purpose does it serve to forward the story , if the characters are gonna just advance the story through script and no actual EASTER EGG interaction, why not just have a new map entirely , this is more the reason why i want to beleive more and more that there has to be a full EASTER EGG to this map

On a side note, i was one of the four members from back in the day who Stumbled on the Ascension Easter egg for black ops 1 before anyone else and before youtube had gamers, we posted every step on the forum as we worked on it , we nailed it and now im trying to do it once more, but saldy seems people are willing and able to piss on the parade before it begins

So go ahead call my videos fake or fishing for views or whatever you want, all im doing is trying to solve this mystery and well if that gets butt hurt dealt to me or others than so be it.
Im not gonna go on the defensive like certain people have done in the past, its all fair game, im just asking for a little understanding thats all 

Sorry once again, 

Fellow Zombie "EE" Lover

GAZ

5 minutes ago, madgaz182 said:

For instance why remake DER RIESE ?, What purpose does it serve to forward the story , if the characters are gonna just advance the story through script and no actual EASTER EGG interaction, why not just have a new map entirely , this is more the reason why i want to beleive more and more that there has to be a full EASTER EGG to this map

I do agree and find it odd that they would send our characters back to Der Riese only to have younger Richtofen kill the older Richtofen and that's it! It just seems like such a pointless reason and with Treyarch themselves confirming in their ComiCon Q&A that The Giant would have an EE, it makes me want to believe they meant more than just 2 simple ones that were discovered on day one by most players. This long into it now though sees hope fade but I refuse to give up completely on this one.

As for who is on your side and who's not... everyone get's a fair chance on this forum. Some people let the whole thing get to them a bit too much a times, hell, I was just as nippy back in the Tranzit days. Passions run high within this community and we can all get carried away with ourselves but you are a user on here and you will be treated like everyone else.

I believe you were only trying to find something new and unfortunately the map is bug ridden so that makes somethings hard to determine as to whether it is a genuine find or just a visual glitch. Either way, I appreciate what you are trying to do. :)