Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
RedDeadRiot

Campaign First impressions *SPOILER FREE*

Recommended Posts

RedDeadRiot    98

Well, I'm sure that most of us are ass deep in zombie guts right now, but in an effort to unlock Nightmares mode, I decided to try and power through the campaign on normal difficulty (me n my mates will begin Co-Op veteran tomorrow). I'm 5 missions deep, and just completed the Hypocenter. Was just wondering what people have thought of the campaign so far? I like it, i love the new sense of openness that allows you to attack however you would like. Some of the new mechanics are great, i love taking control of enemy tech and murdering them all with it :p. The cast so far is great, I'm a huuuuuge SVU fan so seeing Chris Meloni in my favorite game is a treat. I've only ran into one bug/glitch so far, where an Ally mech unit that was needed to advance in a level got stuck on a rock and i had to restart the entire level about 75% through, which was obviously frustrating, All in all, I'd give it a solid A so far, will update when I complete.


Post your thoughts, likes and dislikes below! Keep this a SPOILER FREE thread!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spider3000    140

I finished the Campaign, and overall thought it was good. I was disappointed with the story though, and thought it was the weakest Black Ops Campaign. Gameplay wise though, it was great. I think there'll be a lot of replay ability with this campaign with the amount of options you have to play it. Also, did anyone else see Marshawn Lynch in the game? I didn't see him at all throughout the story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

Tac    462
1 hour ago, Spider3000 said:

I finished the Campaign, and overall thought it was good. I was disappointed with the story though, and thought it was the weakest Black Ops Campaign. Gameplay wise though, it was great. I think there'll be a lot of replay ability with this campaign with the amount of options you have to play it. Also, did anyone else see Marshawn Lynch in the game? I didn't see him at all throughout the story.

I saw him near the beginning, but only for a couple seconds and it was on my second. During a conversation you're having with someone, he's sitting down in the background. Beyond that, I never saw him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spider3000    140
21 minutes ago, Tac said:

I saw him near the beginning, but only for a couple seconds and it was on my second. During a conversation you're having with someone, he's sitting down in the background. Beyond that, I never saw him.

Yeah, he was said to be this big villain, and yet he barely had a role in it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

Rissole25    378

At first I was kinda eh about it, but I'm kinda sucked into it now. I'm up to the second last mission. But Demon Within is probably my favourite game level ever. The visuals are fantastic. And of course what happens at the end of it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tattoo247    118

It has actually hooked me in, something the BO2 campaign couldn't do in the first hour of playing (as far as I wanted to play BO2 campaign).

 

I'm almost finished with it, but I'm already wanting to do my second playthrough.

 

8/10 for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rissole25    378
3 hours ago, PortlyLlama80 said:

I'm enjoying it so far, but the missions are really fucking long; makes playing somewhat inconvenient. 

I know what you mean. I beat the campaign but for some reason all my campaign progress is gone and is acting like I never played it. Which is a shame because I wanted to get into Nightmare mode. Anyway I've been going through it again on Recruit, and there is a loooooooot of cutscenes, most you can't skip.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tac    462
9 hours ago, Rissole25 said:

I know what you mean. I beat the campaign but for some reason all my campaign progress is gone and is acting like I never played it. Which is a shame because I wanted to get into Nightmare mode. Anyway I've been going through it again on Recruit, and there is a loooooooot of cutscenes, most you can't skip.

That was the hard thing for me. I'm on my second run-through and it's just... unbearable, to an extent. I wish they'd have done more missions that were shorter, as opposed to the fewer missions that are longer. But, still an enjoyable campaign, I'll just have to slam it out over a longer period instead of one day binge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×