That Didn't Last Long

• Tech Admin

That didn't last long, played SoE for 10 minutes on solo, went for The Giant (party) installed but not showing, BOIII uninstalled within 1hr

Hard reset to the Xbox One, uninstalled the add on content, reinstalled and still the same. Complete uninstallation of Black Ops III in operation as we speak.

GUTTED and seriously P***ED OFF

655a58e7748fd328d9a8a61b391d1bd1.jpg

178a08ce5b5158098a2c8a4a3e57a68f.jpg

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This happened to me as well! Nuketown and The Giant do not show in game. Do you have the NXOE dashboard for preview members? On a lot of forums this problem is said to only be affecting preview members :(  

Let me know if your fix hopefully works!

*p.s. to those who can help* -  I activated Dead Ops Arcade 2 but that also doesn't show in the Z menu...do I have to go and reactivate it every time I want to play DOA2?

37 minutes ago, Hells Warrrior said:

I won't hold my breath then, this is rediculous - it should have been picked up during testing and it should have been tested on the new GUI before launch night. How they missed this I'll never know.

Launch night has been completely ruined for me.

For many the PC version is having pretty bad performance problems and graphical glitches too.

Mines working but the sound is very ordinary. I can barely hear the zombies or announcer. Anyone else getting this. Juggernog an SOE doesn't seem real good either. Oh well, first day. I guess after waiting so long I kinda expected more playability. Seems like the same old crap.

not meaning to complain, the game looks ok. The performance is a little sluggish

edit, also my redeem code for the sound track has 13 digits instead of 12. I can't type 13 in the box. Not sure what the go is there but she don't work

I don't actually know what to do right now.

The gist of it -

Playing on an i5 you will get frames drops (actually they are advising to lock to 2 cores!!!!)

RAM leak is eating 16Gb within a few hours.

12GB of VRAM is being maxed out.

The total ludicrousness of the above is truly unbelievable in 2015.

I am more than likely going to get a refund on the PC version and have a hard think this weekend about what to do.

I really do not want to buy a PS4 just for zombies.  I have serious issues with the entire 'month early' access able to be purchased by Sony (and Microsoft before).

I have personal issues supporting shoddy development (whilst I respect everyone's opinion on this there is no way anyone is going to change my mind on the fact that the game should be released perfect, especially when they are happy to take pre-orders for it).

Without being a PCMR douche playing on a console seems kinda pointless when I have a kick arse PC.

Watching people play Der Riese again with snow, a few new perks and moved machines is depressing as hell.  They couldn't even have made a new map for release.  The Giant should have been a free addition in the first DLC.

Sorry for the rant, right about now I'm in the mood to say fuck Treyarch and zombies, give up my staff position and never frequent these parts again.

ttps://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/3rr5y4/call_of_duty_black_ops_iii_pc_performance_problems/https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/3rr5y4/call_of_duty_black_ops_iii_pc_performance_problems/

Just now, Hells Warrrior said:

It's rediculous that it was allowed to happen. Shame on Treyarch for releasing it in this condition, shame on Activision for trying to cash in on sub par game.

That's why people should avoid pre-ordering. You can never be sure if the game works these days.

Yup, but most publishers/devs don't care anymore. The newest Batman on PC was completely broken to the point they took it away from stores so they could patch it. So after 4 months they brought it back to stores only for people to find out that hardly anything was fixed they only added support for new DLC and gave statement that they will reveal soon what they can fix and what they are not going to be able to fix. So they decided to leave the game broken but will refund players for next year regardless of their playtime.

@Hells Warrrior@Lenne and @DeathBringerZenhave calmed me down somewhat.

I might have to accept that console is going to be a better option for most AAA games.

I do want to enjoy this game, I want to enjoy playing this with all the friends I've made since discovering zombies.

It's a shame, but it's true.  I'll wait until we get some insane mods in the next couple of years then drift back towards PC.

13 minutes ago, Chopper said:

@Hells Warrrior@Lenne and @DeathBringerZenhave calmed me down somewhat.

I might have to accept that console is going to be a better option for most AAA games.

I do want to enjoy this game, I want to enjoy playing this with all the friends I've made since discovering zombies.

It's a shame, but it's true.  I'll wait until we get some insane mods in the next couple of years then drift back towards PC.

It honestly depends on the AAA developer. Call of Duty has shafted PC for years now but then someone like Bethesda and Gearbox makes great PC games.

1 minute ago, Matuzz said:

It honestly depends on the AAA developer. Call of Duty has shafted PC for years now but then someone like Bethesda and Gearbox makes great PC games.

Ironic for a developer that started on PC.

You are right though, I mean Project Rekt completely knocked it out of the park didn't they.

2 hours ago, superstudmuffin said:

Mines working but the sound is very ordinary. I can barely hear the zombies or announcer. Anyone else getting this. Juggernog an SOE doesn't seem real good either. Oh well, first day. I guess after waiting so long I kinda expected more playability. Seems like the same old crap.

not meaning to complain, the game looks ok. The performance is a little sluggish

edit, also my redeem code for the sound track has 13 digits instead of 12. I can't type 13 in the box. Not sure what the go is there but she don't work

The soundtrack code is entered on their website.

Everything for this game was developed natively for the PS4 (which I haven't heard much if any problems on that platform) but it seems that xbox and pc are getting the shaft on this one.

Also to fix the Giant/Nuketown not showing up problem on Xbox One, just do a factory reset to the old dashboard. It'll work then. The reset can't delete your games/apps if you have an external ;)

TBH this type of problem with the NXOE has been happening to all the newly released games (halo, 2kgames, BFH dlc, etc) it's really not Treyarch's or Activison's fault on this one though because it's all due to the latest NXOE update that all preview members got and that BO3 devs didn't have access to see if there were any probs.

I hate to hear that Hells, that's pretty damn sorry for them to release it in such a poor state. Is this purely an Xbox issue? My friend got a digital copy for PS4 last night, downloaded the extra content, and as of now ( a good 15 hours later) still hasn't unlocked The Giant, and more than likely Nuketown.

For me I had to wait a while, I already had the DLC downloaded and installed, but it kept prompting me when I would start the game up, that there was still content that was installing, even though my dashboard had to mention of anything in queue. I played the other zombies map a few times, went into multiplayer (and friggin dominated for the first time ever lol) and after that game I went back to zombies and the Giant was there.

Keep us posted man, bullshit that you get the shaft after the hard work you've put into this franchise. Best of luck bud.

Edited by Tattoo247

installing now on xbox one, if something screws up, I'm going to be pissed.

i can't stand that nowadays to play new video games you have to go online to forums to search for 'things to avoid', or to find out whats working and whats not.

also: on the back of the game it says 'best selling franchise on xbox one' - thats millions and millions of dollars they could throw at some extra testing, more programmers, better QA. 

it makes me glad I didn't support the last two CODs.

things need to change.

- got it installed, now how do I get Der Reise to show up?

Edited by mmm chocolate