What do you guys think of the new map?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed!

Feels like a cool mix of Mob of the Dead with Bioshock. Love that the UI and presentation feels somewhat familiar but new and fresh- appropriate for our new generation of zombies!

4 hours ago, Your Dearest Sailor said:

I personally think it's really awesome. The map is gorgeous and it has an amazing atmosphere, like the music each time a round ends and the whole display especially the round counter which I find really cool this time round. I'm not going to go into that much detail but I wanted to know if anyone finds the map as nice as I do.

10 hours ago, Rissole25 said:

I love it. The new mechanics give it so much edge, I'm already inclined to say this has already surpassed WaW, BO1 and BO2 Zombies. It's that good! :D

I totally agree that it's had better zombies than all the other games. They really spent their time on this map and put in all the effort which I feel like the other maps were lacking, i'm not sure exactly what it is about Shadows of Evil but I've just completely fallen in love with it.

Of course I haven't played it so my words have hardly weight but it seems it has ton of stuff that needs to be collected, upgraded and so forth just like in Black Ops II. Things that make the survival in each game feel secondary objective. Those things really pushed me away from zombies in Black Ops II so I couldn't see myself liking Shadows of Evil or Black Ops III zombies (knowing each map will be pretty much the same scavenger hunt of objects) for long. Which is shame. Correct me if I'm wrong.

14 hours ago, Matuzz said:

Of course I haven't played it so my words have hardly weight but it seems it has ton of stuff that needs to be collected, upgraded and so forth just like in Black Ops II. Things that make the survival in each game feel secondary objective. Those things really pushed me away from zombies in Black Ops II so I couldn't see myself liking Shadows of Evil or Black Ops III zombies (knowing each map will be pretty much the same scavenger hunt of objects) for long. Which is shame. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Surprisingly, surviving is very hard.  In black ops 2, you could just train and do whatever you wanted.  In SoE, the zombies can spawn ahead of where you're running, it makes it a lot more difficult.  Personally I haven't had much time to go on a scavenger hunt.

5 hours ago, Luckasaurus said:

Surprisingly, surviving is very hard.  In black ops 2, you could just train and do whatever you wanted.  In SoE, the zombies can spawn ahead of where you're running, it makes it a lot more difficult.  Personally I haven't had much time to go on a scavenger hunt.

I will say that quests have become a big part of zombies, yet survival has become harder and the new customization kind of let's you set up survival matches only quite well. Once you have everything unlocked that is.

17 hours ago, Kill_All_Monkeys said:

I will say that quests have become a big part of zombies, yet survival has become harder and the new customization kind of let's you set up survival matches only quite well. Once you have everything unlocked that is.

I hope we get more things to unlock in updates/DLC.  I don't want to be like those people who reach master prestige before DLC pack 1 comes out...

The atmosphere is great, after i turned off the music of course :) The map is so detailed, there's so much to look at you can tell thy've had plenty of time ot polish. The map is quite difficult to get past round 11/12 with my non pro zombies playing friends, they need to learn to save points hah and not hit the box!

2 hours ago, Westy said:

The atmosphere is great, after i turned off the music of course :) The map is so detailed, there's so much to look at you can tell thy've had plenty of time ot polish. The map is quite difficult to get past round 11/12 with my non pro zombies playing friends, they need to learn to save points hah and not hit the box!

I'm not sure exactly how difficult the map is yet. I've been playing multiplayer all the time at the moment and I've played Shadows of Evil a couple of times but each game I get into with randoms they never get far, the first time I played the map we survived to round 4 since my teammate killed me and someone else in a trap then the other two died right after.