Can someone explain me how the crew got in the Giant?

kilerbrambo88x

hello guys,

I understand the full zombies storyline, but i am a little bit confused with the story about The Giant from bo3. I heared that the crew (takeo,dempsey and nikolai) are teleported from origins to The Giant to stop the older richtofen. But if Origins is the first map in the storyline, how can they teleport to der riese which happens AFTER origins? And where does the younger richtofen come from when he staps out the teleport and shoots the older version of himself? 

I don't realy understand that part, anyone can explain this?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The timeline has gone a bit fluxy-wuxy. 

See if you play the games up til BO2, the story progresses at normal until maxis or richtofen destroy or enslave the world. Samantha attempts to combat this by going back in time and locking herself in argartha.(Another diminsions where she's queen) She then influences maxis, causing 115 and the templar ruins to be discovered too early. This leads to Origins where the O4 meet early now as well due to zombies being freaking everywhere. 

The end of origins sends the NO4 (new/young original 4) to the original timeline, a few minutes after richtofen locks maxis and samantha in the teleporter with fluffy. (See der-reise and moon radios). It's here a whole new timeline gestates into existance as richtofen kills his alternate future self. 

What we dont know is why griffen station is gone, which should have been built by this point...

• Administrators

@Stop mocking me0 We don't know for sure what happened beyond Buried. While the Earth gets destroyed despite which side you choose (or no side if you consider neutrality an option), it seems like Maxis' side is more canon as he passes into Agartha and let's the N4 know that nobody on Earth will survive unfortunately.

The whole Samantha coming into Origins is a bit flaky as well. It doesn't sound anywhere near like the old Sam we know of, and considering she was removed from the MPD during Moon, her being in Agartha would be impossible unless two scenarios occurred:

a) After the events on Moon, something happened and allowed Sam to re-enter but for some reason pushed her back into the timeframe of Origins.

b) It's not Samantha, but the Ancient Evil posing as Maxis' daughter to get him to release it (with the help of Origins 4).

What we DO know in Origins, however, is that since it's canon it becomes linear regardless the multidimensional analysis. Also, the very end of the Easter Egg shows us that the Origins crew used a portal via Aether to teleport in the Crazy Place. That means something happened in between Origins and The Giant which we don't know about; however, will come to know once we progress in BO3.

• Administrators

Literally did not even consider someone, or something, posing as Samantha. I may be going crazy but wasn't there a point in Origins when Maxis was unsure of Sam being his daughter?

I really need to go back and catch up on all of this again.

Yes, Dr. Maxis was hesitant to call Samantha his daughter.  Here's the radio:

Dr. Ludvig Maxis:  The child's voice calls to me more frequently than ever. At first she spoke only of her imprisonment in a mystical realm known as Agartha. Now she claims to be my daughter, even though I know no such child exists! I fear my sanity may be slipping away from me.

Literally did not even consider someone, or something, posing as Samantha. I may be going crazy but wasn't there a point in Origins when Maxis was unsure of Sam being his daughter?

I really need to go back and catch up on all of this again.

Yes, Dr. Maxis was hesitant to call Samantha his daughter.  Here's the radio:

Dr. Ludvig Maxis:  The child's voice calls to me more frequently than ever. At first she spoke only of her imprisonment in a mystical realm known as Agartha. Now she claims to be my daughter, even though I know no such child exists! I fear my sanity may be slipping away from me.

Maybe Samantha was never actually his daughter in the first place and was just playing the long con to get into the MPD and take control of the Aether. I mean one thing that did never actually make sense to me was how she always acted so crazy and basically tried to kill everyone up until Moon when she was forced out. Is it coincidence that she ran straight to the MPD when she got teleported to the Moon? When Maxis is brought to her to try and coax her out and is then presumably shot after telling her to kill them all, instead of crying out in anguish or with rage, she just laughs maniacally like something just got set loose.

And with Maxis himself acknowledging his own questionable sanity and some of the odd actions we hear him take in radios from the older maps and the weird way he talks about things, is it possible his mind got warped by Samantha in believing she was his daughter and to tirelessly work on perfecting teleportation to get to the Moon and build whatever else she needed for it?

Who really is Samantha Maxis?