All maps released on launch:

There are 12 multiplayer maps in Call of Duty: Black Ops 3:

• Nuk3town: Preorder Bonus Map available only on PS4, Xbox One, and PC (bonus map not available on PS3 or Xbox 360). Set in the year 2065, players will experience a fresh take on this classic run-and-gun, close-quarters multiplayer map. 
  • Combine: Set in the remote Egyptian Sahara, this vertical farming and sustainability research facility plays fast and frenetic with tight interiors, an open middle and a dangerous flank path.
  • Stronghold: A high-tech Swiss chateau in the frozen, mountainous Alps, Stronghold has an asymmetrical design with a mix of exposed sightlines and tight, close quarters.
  • Hunted: This big game hunting lodge is situated beneath a waterfall in the lush mountains of Ethiopia, where rugged terrain opens up to long sightlines and a stealthy underwater pathway.
  • Evac: An abandoned emergency evacuation zone atop an overgrown rooftop in the middle of Singapore’s flooded quarantine zone.
  • Redwood: Takes place in the Redwoods in Northern California. Map is a balanced map that caters to all play styles. 
  • Aquarium: -Note: A bolded description means there's no info out on the map, it's purely my speculation, and don't worry, there are NO leaks. To me, this map will rely heavily on aquatic physics, which means I'll like it ^_^. 
  • Breach- I feel like this will be a castle type map. Me gusta.
  • Exodus- Dare i say this map takes place on holy ground? 
  • Fringe- An extream biomedical research lab? That'd be cool. 
  • Havoc: For some reasons reminds me of Vertigo from BO2. Don't know WHY it does... Just does... 
  • Infection: There arn't zombies in this map, but there ARE deadly virus containers, break them and you'll be poisoned. 
  • Metro: Now see, if treyarch does it like this, will they shake it like that? If they move it like this, will they shake it right back? If I touch it like this, will they touch it like that? On a more practical note, it seems this will be a more train-themed map, ALWAYS loved a train them. I'd love a bullet-train version of Kings Cross honestly (with a secret area accessed by entering the wall between platforms 9 and 10) 
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if they'll release more maps periodically, similarly to how AW released new weapons.... I mean... 12 maps is SMALL. And with the extra year it should be more then that surely for their main mode. 

Yeah, 12 maps is small compared to other CoD games. There was 14 on Black Ops 2. But, at the same time, there were quite a few duds in Black Ops 2, that a lot of people didn't like (Aftermath, Turbine etc.). So maybe this year they're focusing on giving us 12 well-designed maps that they think a lot of the community will enjoy.