Sign in to follow this  
Flammenwerfer

New Moon Loading Screen?

So, as some of you might know, in the recent Zombies History video uploaded by Treyarch, they seemed to have "teased" something kinda neat. 

Original Moon Loading Screen:

WaPmekz.png

"New" Moon Loading Screen from Zombies History:

URO40sG.png

As you can see, the "new" loading screen seems to be set in the past. The bottom left corner of the left page is still intact, some of the items are missing, but still have titles, and Samantha seems to be making an appearance in the last panel (as opposed to being in the first panel from the beginning).

What do you all think this means? Could there potentially be a Moon remake in the future to coincide with The Giant?

Edited by Flammenwerfer
  • Like 2

NaBrZHunter    489

Holy crow, @Flammenwerfer! Great find! Also, notice that Griffin Station is missing from the top frames, as well as Samantha's monolithic shadow, as I believe you stated. Astronauts are turned around and facing now, there are only 2 instead of 4. This would have to be pre-1939 to be before Griffen Station, though! So likewise, pre-The Giant. However the idea that the Giant's moon is missing the red dots for a reason now seems to hold water. This both excites me and makes me nervous. Griffin Station is nearly as dear to me as Der Riese, so it worries me that it isn't there. I would totally be okay with seeing it again.

However, there is still a bridge and a stone pyramid...

Wow. This is amazing. Mindblowing. 

As I previously mentioned on here a few months back, I heard rumours that Griffin Station would be a MP map in BO3. Maybe this is them hinting at it?

As cool as something like that would be, I would much prefer to see another zombie map set on the Moon. It is easily in my top 3 zombie maps and I feel there is definitely unfinished business within Griffin Station.

• Like 1

Rissole25    378

Gotta be honest, I kinda don't want it to be remade because I just hate this whole remaking trend they do in MP. Der Riese I thought would be the one exception. While playing on the Moon again would be great, I just don't want it to take up 1 of 4 DLC Zombie maps. If they happen to 2 Zombie maps in all DLC, than by all means go ahead. But I just think with the limited number we have now, it should be used on something new.

The changes to the picture are really interesting though. What strikes me the most though, is they replaced the Directors Chair with George Romero's head.

Edited by Rissole25
  • Like 1

It isn't set in the past, its changed completely. The adverts page of this was in the DICE Summit as well. When the Der Riese loading screen was seen as changed, people thought there was going to be a remake of that and there was so this is going to be another remake down the line. This time though it doesn't really seem like Griffin Station is there so I am not sure where else there is to go.

TimelordAlex    52

If Moon does return it could do with some improvements - and the no 1 improvement would be to allow any number of players to teleport - it should not require everyone on it, otherwise you cannot play the map as randoms just wanna hit the box rather than go with you to get jug or pap and they dont have mics so you cant tell them either

Lenne    412

If Moon returns that means NML returns.

Which would make me and a lot of other folk very happy.

I am all for it, as long as it doesn't take up one of the 4 slots for the zombie maps, as Rissole said.

• Like 1

TimelordAlex    52

If Moon returns that means NML returns.

Which would make me and a lot of other folk very happy.

I am all for it, as long as it doesn't take up one of the 4 slots for the zombie maps, as Rissole said.

yeah surely we're at a stage that 2 zombie maps can come with DLC? Zombies is big enough to warrant just as many maps as MP imo. If SoE honestly took 2 and half years to make then it needs to be astonishing. I still find it had to believe 1 zombie map takes 4 months aswell.

Shootinfish    52

Great find Flammenwerfer

Perhaps with old  richtofen being killed items are being erased from time

The V device doesnt seem to be there

Flesh eating plants seemed to be moved so i might of missed it

1. I actually heard this verion of the loading acreen was the original one. Like, before black ops moon came out this was what they started out witg and later they added griffon stationav

This makes sense. Alot of the art is missing from the new loading screen. Seems like an early draft maybe. 

• Like 1

Awards

Shootinfish    52
  1. I actually heard this verion of the loading acreen was the original one. Like, before black ops moon came out this was what they started out witg and later they added griffon stationav

This makes sense. Alot of the art is missing from the new loading screen. Seems like an early draft maybe. 

Yes could be but I find one thing strange

I know nothing about art but wouldn't you add the smudge layer after you put the drawing in

Part of Griffith Station was still there because that's where Samantha was teleported when Ricthofen betrayed them, and I believe Ricthofen was talking to Shcuster and Groph up there before he teleported the Maxis's. To me this seems like the O4 will be going to Moon next as part of "setting events in motion" because in the original timeline, Moon was technically the next crucial step in everything happening after what is shown in the intro for The Giant.

A remake could be cool, but I don't think they necessarily need to actually do a remake for it. They could have it set on the Moon near Griffith station, but perhaps most of the map is in that mysterious temple, or an early version of Griffith Station, or just areas we didn't previously explore. Though I don't think anyone would complain if NML was brought back as part of this as the brief nostalgia trip to the Moon. Should it be a remake however then I will feel better about if it came paired with a completely new map. BO1 technically had 5 zombie maps included in its final DLC, 4 of them being remasters. I could see something similar being done for BO3 if they don't include multiple maps in every DLC pack.

Slade    270

The last panel with Sam is from Shangri La. If you can't see what's going on, that's water coming out of the mountain cracks. 
Shang Remake when? 

shang2.png

Edited by Slade
  • Like 7

The Clay Bird    173

Gotta be honest, I kinda don't want it to be remade because I just hate this whole remaking trend they do in MP. Der Riese I thought would be the one exception. While playing on the Moon again would be great, I just don't want it to take up 1 of 4 DLC Zombie maps. If they happen to 2 Zombie maps in all DLC, than by all means go ahead. But I just think with the limited number we have now, it should be used on something new.

The changes to the picture are really interesting though. What strikes me the most though, is they replaced the Directors Chair with George Romero's head.

My sentiments exactly.  I only support remakes if it is in addition to the already expected 4 MP maps and 1 zombies map

Boom115    241

The last panel with Sam is from Shangri La. If you can't see what's going on, that's water coming out of the mountain cracks. 
Shang Remake when? 

shang2.png

Nice research there friendo. Sam enters the pyramid not on the moon, but on Shangrila before is gets "displaced".

GRILL    258

Back to the Future, changing the past creates an alternate reality and hence disrupts our "known" present/future.  Marty starts erasing himself, the photo changes.

Shangri-La was the first place Rictofen transported after touching the MPD and becoming bi-polar/possessed/flamboyant/whatever you want to call it.  Shangri-La was also where the Vrill-ya skull was left for Richtofen... FROM Richtofen.

If the O4 know to go to Shangri La early, they could in theory come face to face with whatever the elongated skulls being was.

Shangri La is also a makeshift time machine, like the whole area. The technology could be used to reverse engineer. I wonder what would happen if we shot the wunderwaffe at Shangri La's inner workings.

Last but not least - The Tacitus crevasse, where originally the 4 astronauts were - now there are 2 (as has been pointed out). What group of 2 who are familiar with alien tech do we know from Shangri La?  Brock and Gary. Is it possible in this alternate timeline that Brock and Gary survive Shangri  La and are able to logically follow theVrill Ya's trail (to the moon).

food for theory.

• Like 1

Back to the Future, changing the past creates an alternate reality and hence disrupts our "known" present/future.  Marty starts erasing himself, the photo changes.

Shangri-La was the first place Rictofen transported after touching the MPD and becoming bi-polar/possessed/flamboyant/whatever you want to call it.  Shangri-La was also where the Vrill-ya skull was left for Richtofen... FROM Richtofen.

If the O4 know to go to Shangri La early, they could in theory come face to face with whatever the elongated skulls being was.

Shangri La is also a makeshift time machine, like the whole area. The technology could be used to reverse engineer. I wonder what would happen if we shot the wunderwaffe at Shangri La's inner workings.

Last but not least - The Tacitus crevasse, where originally the 4 astronauts were - now there are 2 (as has been pointed out). What group of 2 who are familiar with alien tech do we know from Shangri La?  Brock and Gary. Is it possible in this alternate timeline that Brock and Gary survive Shangri  La and are able to logically follow theVrill Ya's trail (to the moon).

food for theory.

An interesting idea, basically saying that the two new loading screens shown are the consequences of actions taken in The Giant. The way those 2 astronauts are standing kind of remind me of the astronaut zombie for some reason. I have no real empirical evidence for this, it's just the vibe I get. 

I also wondered if Shangri La would ever come back into play as there was a lot going on behind the scenes there that wasn't really explored all that much after the fact. I still believe Brock and Gary just served as plot devices to move the EE forward but would be curious to see what they do with them nonetheless should they actually bring them back.

I purpose a diffrent theory... 

What if, that pyramid on the moon is part of The Giant? 

We know samantha got teleported there... SO what if, randomly in the game, we have a random chance of being teleported to the pyramid? 

OR BETTER YET, what if an EASTER EGG unlocks a new survival map IN THE PYRAMID on the moon? 

Like, play through the map, unlock the pyramid, play the survival map within the pyramid! 

NaBrZHunter    489

@GRILL friendly fact check-Shangri-La was actually his second landing point. 

The weird thing is that, at the time of The Giant, the biodome, receiving bay and computer system/AI should both exist per the radio in which Samantha arrives. 

Schuster: "Maybe this is a good time to practice my low-gravity putting in the biodome."

Groph: "Ah, yes."

AI: "Intruder detected: receiving bay."

So either we're looking at a different segment of the moon, or this is before Richtofen arrived here for the first time. And while I would kill for more than 1 zombies map in a DLC, frankly, I would take another Moon map.

Or could this possibly compress S-L, The Siberia Base and Moon into one Der Riese period map? It would seem that the Siberia base and Shangri La were both connected to Griffin Station in some way. Siberia may have had a teleporter that team Richtofen used to teleport equipment to build Griffin Station. If we were to get all three bundled into one....oh hell yeah. That would be the way to do a GREAT remake.

It seems as if we're wiping away and rewriting history with BO3, if that wasn't already obvious, but the loading screen is sort of alerting us to the extent in which we'll be doing so, or how far down the rabbit hole we'll be going, for lack of a better word. Let's take a quick look at some things:

In The Giant trailer it opens with Richtofen "killing" Maxis and Samantha. However, we know this to be false. In our original timeline Samantha is taken to Griffin Station, but if we look at the actual loading screen it looks like she's gone to Shangri-La rather. (Credit to Slade for piecing that together.) I am uncertain of what forces would have caused this particular change in the timeline, only time will tell. Same goes for the lack of Griffin Station on the Moon and why there's only 2 men rather than 4. Could it be that Samantha was taken to Shangri-La and was able to successfully guide Brock and Gary out before Richotofen could? I find this unlikely but nothing is impossible.

So back to The Giant trailer, it's shown in the trailer that the Origins Richtofen kills the OG Richtofen. The loading screen is the testament to the things set in motion by this. A good example is the V-Device disappearing from the new loading screen.

http://s3.postimg.org/6a70j9jkz/loading.png

With Richtofen dead, there was no one to recover it and therefore, non-existent. I think they key to solving this new loading screen mystery is to look not only forward but also backward. We need to understand what each panel means on the original loading screen and why it's there. From there we can essentially figure out what kind of changes we'll be setting in motion.

Edited by Rickety Cricket

Awards

NaBrZHunter    489

See, all maps we have played to date occur after the last Moon radio in which Samantha giggles for the first time. That is, without question, the FINAL radio (except the SNN radio that was added for BO1 SNN) Everything we have played to date (except MotD and Origins) is Richtofen's quest following Samantha's takeover. What we are experiencing now is now set where the last radio at Der Riese is the last radio that precedes our story. We are living the timeframe of the last three Moon radios, which explains why so many items are missing. Those items (some, we know for sure) may have been acquired, discovered or 'take place' during the timeline we are now experiencing.